Natal chart vs conception chart

hey guys! So I've been looking into the conception chart and I understand there's a lengthy process behind it, but I decided to just see what I would get when I plugged in my expected conception date of 40 weeks prior. It turns out this chart, with no real scientific method behind it, actually gave me a lot of insight. I identify with it completely. Is there a possibility it could be as easy as that?

My natal is: july 26 1989, 5:08 pm eastern time Staten Island New York. In this chart there's an interception of aquarius leo on the 2/8 axis. Intercepted north node in aqu 2nd house and intercepted sun mercury mars and south node in leo 8th house. I have duplicated taurus scorpio in 5/11 6/12. Rising sign sag. (Sorry cannot post an image of chart due to using my phone right now)

Anyway, my due date was july 22nd so I counted back 40 weeks from that date: oct 29th 1988 same time same location just to see what would happen and surprisingly this chart explains so much with my life and why I am the way I am. My mothers sun aries is now on the asc and my fathers sign scorpio is now my sun. Even though I doubt I was conceived at the same time of birth the sabian symbols for ALL of the degrees are crazy accurate too!! I really feel like I'm not just adjusting to what it says it really does correlate with my life perfectly. Could this be in any way accurate since I didn't use rectification and epoch method? It couldn't be more spot on so that's why I was curious. Let me know what you all think! Sorry again for no chart images :( I'm going to try and use some software to do it the proper way but honestly I'm not very tech savvy so we'll see how it goes ..

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Anyway, my due date was july 22nd so I counted back 40 weeks from that date: oct 29th 1988 same time same location just to see what would happen and surprisingly this chart explains so much with my life and why I am the way I am.

That can't be the date you were conceived. Due dates are calculated by adding 40 weeks to the date the expectant mother's last menstrual period started, which is considered the beginning of her cycle. Ovulation usually happens between 10 and 18 days later. Your mother could not have been fertile on the day her period started (although if she was an early ovulater and had long periods, she could have been coming into her fertile time by the end of her period). A woman who delivers on her due date has not been pregnant for 40 weeks, more like 37-38.

Furthermore, unlike birth, which is a clearly defined event that happens at a specific moment, conception is a process that happens over several days, possibly even a week or more. After the act, it takes between several hours and several days for sperm to meet egg, and even then, there's no pregnancy yet. Pregnancy starts when the fertilized egg becomes a zygote and implants in the womb, which takes a few more days after fertilization.

It's impossible to know exactly when you were conceived. Even if you consider your conception to have taken place at the moment when your parents did the deed, it's impossible to pinpoint when that was. First of all, no one was present but them, and they might not remember the date even if they were willing to share that information. Second, they might have engaged in multiple acts within the right time frame, and probably did if they were trying to conceive (or even if they were not trying, just fulfilling normal appetites). Third, your mother probably didn't know exactly when she ovulated. And finally, that act takes a while, and they were probably not watching the clock. A ten minute discrepancy in birth time can be enough to change the ascendant and house placements in the natal chart... and sexual acts usually last over ten minutes!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

hey guys! So I've been looking into the conception chart and I understand there's a lengthy process behind it,
but I decided to just see what I would get when I plugged in my expected conception date of 40 weeks prior.
It turns out this chart, with no real scientific method behind it, actually gave me a lot of insight.
I identify with it completely.
Is there a possibility it could be as easy as that?

My natal is: july 26 1989, 5:08 pm eastern time Staten Island New York. In this chart there's an interception of aquarius leo on the 2/8 axis. Intercepted north node in aqu 2nd house and intercepted sun mercury mars and south node in leo 8th house. I have duplicated taurus scorpio in 5/11 6/12. Rising sign sag. (Sorry cannot post an image of chart due to using my phone right now)

Anyway, my due date was july 22nd so I counted back 40 weeks from that date: oct 29th 1988 same time same location just to see what would happen and surprisingly this chart explains so much with my life and why I am the way I am. My mothers sun aries is now on the asc and my fathers sign scorpio is now my sun. Even though I doubt I was conceived at the same time of birth the sabian symbols for ALL of the degrees are crazy accurate too!! I really feel like I'm not just adjusting to what it says it really does correlate with my life perfectly.
Could this be in any way accurate since I didn't use rectification and epoch method?
It couldn't be more spot on so that's why I was curious. Let me know what you all think! Sorry again for no chart images :( I'm going to try and use some software to do it the proper way but honestly I'm not very tech savvy so we'll see how it goes ..
how to calculate the CONCEPTION CHART

also known as THE PRENATAL EPOCH

may be viewed FOR FREE at
http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm

That can't be the date you were conceived.
Due dates are calculated by adding 40 weeks to the date the expectant mother's last menstrual period started,
which is considered the beginning of her cycle. Ovulation usually happens between 10 and 18 days later.
Your mother could not have been fertile on the day her period started
(although if she was an early ovulater and had long periods, she could have been coming into her fertile time by the end of her period).
A woman who delivers on her due date has not been pregnant for 40 weeks, more like 37-38.

Furthermore, unlike birth, which is a clearly defined event that happens at a specific moment,
conception is a process that happens over several days, possibly even a week or more.
After the act, it takes between several hours and several days for sperm to meet egg,
and even then, there's no pregnancy yet.
Pregnancy starts when the fertilized egg becomes a zygote and implants in the womb, which takes a few more days after fertilization.

It's impossible to know exactly when you were conceived.
it's not impossible :smile:
Even if you consider your conception to have taken place at the moment when your parents did the deed,
it's impossible to pinpoint when that was.
First of all, no one was present but them,
and they might not remember the date even if they were willing to share that information.

Second, they might have engaged in multiple acts within the right time frame,
and probably did if they were trying to conceive (or even if they were not trying, just fulfilling normal appetites).
Third, your mother probably didn't know exactly when she ovulated.
And finally, that act takes a while, and they were probably not watching the clock.
A ten minute discrepancy in birth time can be enough to change the ascendant and house placements in the natal chart...
and sexual acts usually last over ten minutes!
On the contrary

sperm can survive for up to five days after the completion of the sex act :smile:
however
the life-span of a sperm is dependent on health of sperm

Starchild ~ if you have your mother's natal chart complete with time of birth
then astro.com special charts page calculates date of your probable conception
based on astrological factors that influence sex of child
as well as other factors
use the astro.com chart to guide your choice from all possible variations
using method illustrated at
http://www.rosicrucian.com/zineen/pamen034.htm

SAE

hey guys! So I've been looking into the conception chart and I understand there's a lengthy process behind it, but I decided to just see what I would get when I plugged in my expected conception date of 40 weeks prior. It turns out this chart, with no real scientific method behind it, actually gave me a lot of insight. I identify with it completely. Is there a possibility it could be as easy as that?

Anyway, my due date was july 22nd so I counted back 40 weeks from that date: oct 29th 1988 same time same location just to see what would happen and surprisingly this chart explains so much with my life and why I am the way I am. My mothers sun aries is now on the asc and my fathers sign scorpio is now my sun. Even though I doubt I was conceived at the same time of birth the sabian symbols for ALL of the degrees are crazy accurate too!! I really feel like I'm not just adjusting to what it says it really does correlate with my life perfectly. Could this be in any way accurate since I didn't use rectification and epoch method? It couldn't be more spot on so that's why I was curious. Let me know what you all think! Sorry again for no chart images :( I'm going to try and use some software to do it the proper way but honestly I'm not very tech savvy so we'll see how it goes ..
My mother told me I was 2 weeks late so based on the 40 weeks it takes for a full pregnancy, I backdated it to 42 weeks, landing me as a GEMINI at conception - and, it's totally WAY me. Way more so than my birth date birth chart which is 'partly' me. I never did fully see myself as my Sun sign from birth and THIS is why - because now I believe that certainly in my case, the Conception 'birth chart' is totally me - and not just a little - ALOT. It all makes sense now. I'm not even an astrologist but what you relate to - you see the truth in what you read. I'm 56 so I have enough experience to draw upon. Very, very interesting. I feel like I've found the original me.

BlackLioness87

My mother told me I was 2 weeks late so based on the 40 weeks it takes for a full pregnancy, I backdated it to 42 weeks, landing me as a GEMINI at conception - and, it's totally WAY me. Way more so than my birth date birth chart which is 'partly' me. I never did fully see myself as my Sun sign from birth and THIS is why - because now I believe that certainly in my case, the Conception 'birth chart' is totally me - and not just a little - ALOT. It all makes sense now. I'm not even an astrologist but what you relate to - you see the truth in what you read. I'm 56 so I have enough experience to draw upon. Very, very interesting. I feel like I've found the original me.

As far as I know the pregnancy age that doctors take into account is counted since the first day of the last period of the mother-to-be. Most women are fertile two weeks after her period has started, so If your mother takes into account the day she had intercourse and probably got pregnant, actual pregnancy time will be two weeks less than the one recorded by doctors.

In example my mother says that my sister was conceived on christmas, her last period started the second week of december. My sister was born the first days of October, according to doctors my sister was born of 42-weeks, but according to actual intercourse date she was born of 40-weeks... that's why it would be a good idea to ask if your mother took into account the fictional gestational age (that start the first day of the mother-to-be last period) or if she started counting from the day she and your father actually..., when she said you were born two weeks late :)

Best regards.