Natal chart for friend

noideaaboutastro

I've got permission to use this chart, just thought I'd start off with saying that.

I've offered to do up a natal chart on my friend's daughter, and I'm hoping I have understood this correctly.

Firstly, she is an introvert as most of her planets are in the bottom half of the chart. She is equally involved within herself and the outer world. She's got all of the elements in her chart, although only one element in earth - Chiron - so a predisposition to a lack of groundedness and ability to cope (which fits her very well).

Her Sun in Gemini predisposes her to Gemini traits so she is talkative and communicative. Because she has Gemini in Mercury conjunct her Sun, this ability of hers is magnified. It is in the third house so she will be able to be inquisitive and communicate well with siblings/neighbours/close associates. Her Venus is in Cancer [little side note here : I think I know why I can relate to her so much! I'm a Gemini Sun/Mercury and Cancer Venus LOL! I always found it funny how I could understand completely where she was coming from when her mother would dismiss it and say it's silly]. Venus in the fourth house in Cancer also makes her crave emotionaly security at home. Her Moon is in Scorpio in the 8th house, which means her emotions are very intense. Or is this how she sees her mother? I dunno.....Scorpio is something I wouldn't actually call her mum... Her Moon is trine her Cancer so that denotes a good relationship with Mum who can provide her with a stable home life.

Her Mars is also in Gemini (HOLY! Everything in this chart is GEMINI! - no wonder we get on!). She will often have fights, especially at home, but she will forget about them quickly, and although she could use lying and rumours to her advantage she doesn't get angry for long enough. Her Saturn is in.....guess what!....GEMINI! in her 3rd house, while Jupiter is in her 4th house. I am not sure as to what to make of it, but I am assumign she will feel more at home at home rather than out with even close friends. Her Neptune and Uranus in Aquarius in 11th and 12th house makes her very open-minded and far-seeing. Pluto is in Sagittarius so probably not too probing a person, and mostly probing when it comes to study (9th house). Her Chiron is in the tenth house in Capricorn, so maybe a fear that she will never make it in her life anywhere. Interestingly, her Chiron is in opposition to her Venus which could mean they way she was raised at home is in stark opposition to what she wants to do in the world.

So in short - a very apt communicator who loves her home life and is very attached to it, a person who feels emotions intensely but has a lot of air Gemini energy, and somebody who's life lesson it will probably be to follow her heart as to what she wants to do in the world as opposed to what she has being conditioned to do.

Now......you can begin to correct me:pinched::happy:!

[poster gave an astrological opinion so moved to Natal Astrology forum - Moderator]

Attachments

• natal chart lily.gif
    natal chart lily.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

Her Sun in Gemini predisposes her to Gemini traits so she is talkative and communicative. Because she has Gemini in Mercury conjunct her Sun, this ability of hers is magnified. It is in the third house so she will be able to be inquisitive and communicate well with siblings/neighbours/close associates.

Noideaaboutastro, I think it is time to change your username! :) I think you DO have at least some idea about astrology if you ask me. I have no time right now (must go to the chiropractor) to go into this, hope others will chip in.

STarlink

StarSeed

Very well done!
I can try and add some ideas:
She approaches the world with her heart (Pisces rising). Although she will definitelly have a very active mind, much curiosity and maybe restlessness (Sun, Mercury in Gemini in the 3rd), everything is eventually filtered by her feelings and instincts (Chart ruler angular in Cancer). Home and family are extremelly important and their influence will be present in most of her actions and responses to life (Chart ruler - Jupiter - in the 4th, trine Moon).

She approaches school/learning/communication with seriousness and persistence (Saturn in the 3rd), and may have some clashes with authority/teachers (Saturn in the 3rd opposite Pluto in the 9th). Dad is seen as a communicative and light personality, although some clashes may sometimes occur as well (Saturn, significator of the father for night births in Gemini in the 3rd, opposite Pluto) as opposed to mum, seen as emotionally intense, with a rich and mysterious inner life (Moon in Scorpio in the 8th).

Life purpose is related with communication of higher truths to everyday situations (SN Sagittarius in the 9th, NN in Gemini in the 3rd, SUn in the 3rd in Gemini). She will be drawn to be active in her immediate environment rather than travelling/adventuring too much (Pluto in the 9th can unconsciously feel that «if I adventure too much, it can be my destruction»). Home life, family and roots will be an important focus of her life (4th house Mars, Venus and Jupiter).

Hope this makes sense... I'm still learning as well!

noideaaboutastro

Noideaaboutastro, I think it is time to change your username! :) I think you DO have at least some idea about astrology if you ask me. I have no time right now (must go to the chiropractor) to go into this, hope others will chip in.

STarlink

Woohoo!!!!!! I made it in with the big kids:sideways:!

Very well done!
I can try and add some ideas:
She approaches the world with her heart (Pisces rising). Although she will definitelly have a very active mind, much curiosity and maybe restlessness (Sun, Mercury in Gemini in the 3rd), everything is eventually filtered by her feelings and instincts (Chart ruler angular in Cancer). Home and family are extremelly important and their influence will be present in most of her actions and responses to life (Chart ruler - Jupiter - in the 4th, trine Moon).

She approaches school/learning/communication with seriousness and persistence (Saturn in the 3rd), and may have some clashes with authority/teachers (Saturn in the 3rd opposite Pluto in the 9th). Dad is seen as a communicative and light personality, although some clashes may sometimes occur as well (Saturn, significator of the father for night births in Gemini in the 3rd, opposite Pluto) as opposed to mum, seen as emotionally intense, with a rich and mysterious inner life (Moon in Scorpio in the 8th).

Life purpose is related with communication of higher truths to everyday situations (SN Sagittarius in the 9th, NN in Gemini in the 3rd, SUn in the 3rd in Gemini). She will be drawn to be active in her immediate environment rather than travelling/adventuring too much (Pluto in the 9th can unconsciously feel that «if I adventure too much, it can be my destruction»). Home life, family and roots will be an important focus of her life (4th house Mars, Venus and Jupiter).

Hope this makes sense... I'm still learning as well!

Thanks for that interpretation too. Although I struggle to see how she could see her mother and father as any of those things, but hey I don't live with them and I see them through the eyes of an equal so I guess it's different for me.

starlink

Although I struggle to see how she could see her mother and father as any of those things,
Well, there is a lot of focus on that 4th house and her Jupiter who is the traditional ruler of her Ascendant is in Cancer, very nice and trines her Moon in the 8th in Scorpio. There is indeed a very deep emotional bond with her roots, family, present. However, Moon is in fall in Scorpio, and in the 8th not the best place for the Moon. Some deep motional upset (disappointment with that square to Neptune, her Asc. ruler!!) is shown here, no matter how well aspected Moon is.

As the 3rd house is also of great focus in this chart (anything to do with communication, the way she talks, how her mind works etc.) and because the ruler of the 4th house (Mercury) is placed in the 3rd and the ruler of the 3rd (Venus) in the 4th, the way she speaks, moves, interacts with others, is strongly connected with her upbringing. Maybe she is very much like one of her parents or inherited (traditionally also house 4) some traits or talents from them, like writing.

And to top it all off, the modern ruler of her Ascendant trines Mercury (ruler 4) and Sun as well as Saturn. Sun and Saturn often stand for the father. In traditional astrology Saturn stands for the mother.

Still, there is an element of unease to be found in this chart. Her Chiron is placed in the 10th house and opposes her Venus, 3rd house ruler and traditional ruler of relationships. She can be very cautious when it comes to relationships in general, not strongly committing herself which is shown by Uranus trine Venus. She wants to keep her freedom and creates a subtle distance.

Also Chiron in the 10th can show her awkwardness and unease when being outside in the big wide world! She might think that people find her different or in the worst case a bit weird. Experiences in her social surroundings could deeply affect her and make her unhappy.

The Grand Trine between Uranus, ruler of 12, and her Moon in 8 and Venus in 4, all psychic houses shows that she is quite intuitive and will know exactly with whom she wants to have contact and with whom not. She must have experienced, very early in life, sometimes even when she was not born yet (Uranus in 12) some upsetting experience, also seen by the square to the Sun and Mercury, clearly connected with family circumstances. Did something happen to her mother during pregnancy? Was she separated from her husband during that time or something? Would be interesting to know.

Last edited:

noideaaboutastro

Well, there is a lot of focus on that 4th house and her Jupiter who is the traditional ruler of her Ascendant is in Cancer, very nice and trines her Moon in the 8th in Scorpio. There is indeed a very deep emotional bond with her roots, family, present. However, Moon is in fall in Scorpio, and in the 8th not the best place for the Moon. Some deep motional upset (disappointment with that square to Neptune, her Asc. ruler!!) is shown here, no matter how well aspected Moon is.

As the 3rd house is also of great focus in this chart (anything to do with communication, the way she talks, how her mind works etc.) and because the ruler of the 4th house (Mercury) is placed in the 3rd and the ruler of the 3rd (Venus) in the 4th, the way she speaks, moves, interacts with others, is strongly connected with her upbringing. Maybe she is very much like one of her parents or inherited (traditionally also house 4) some traits or talents from them, like writing.

And to top it all off, the modern ruler of her Ascendant trines Mercury (ruler 4) and Sun as well as Saturn. Sun and Saturn often stand for the father. In traditional astrology Saturn stands for the mother.

Still, there is an element of unease to be found in this chart. Her Chiron is placed in the 10th house and opposes her Venus, 3rd house ruler and traditional ruler of relationships. She can be very cautious when it comes to relationships in general, not strongly committing herself which is shown by Uranus trine Venus. She wants to keep her freedom and creates a subtle distance.

Also Chiron in the 10th can show her awkwardness and unease when being outside in the big wide world! She might think that people find her different or in the worst case a bit weird. Experiences in her social surroundings could deeply affect her and make her unhappy.

The Grand Trine between Uranus, ruler of 12, and her Moon in 8 and Venus in 4, all psychic houses shows that she is quite intuitive and will know exactly with whom she wants to have contact and with whom not. She must have experienced, very early in life, sometimes even when she was not born yet (Uranus in 12) some upsetting experience, also seen by the square to the Sun and Mercury, clearly connected with family circumstances. Did something happen to her mother during pregnancy? Was she separated from her husband during that time or something? Would be interesting to know.

Obvioiusly a much better interpretation than mine again:happy:. Gee you're good. I shall not sleep until I get as good:alien: lol.

You seem very spot on about her. Although I am not sure about what traits she inherited from her parents, she looks like a mix of them so doesn't lean towards any one of them. I don't know her dad well enough so maybe something from his side.

Your explanation of Chiron was indeed very accurate. She tells me that at school she doesn't have any friends and everybody hates her, so she only plays with her sister and her sister's friends at lunch time:sad:. She's chubby but that's just the way she is, but she's always complaining about how ugly and fat she is and says that's why nobody likes her. If her sister takes anything like that in her stride, she takes it all on board and gets a complex.

I don't know what she could have experienced as I've only known them for a year. I know her dad loves to drink, a lot, every day, but they also have a really good bond and he seems to treat her very well.

I think the Scorpio Moon has to do with there being a bond between mother and daughter but I think the two are very very different. Her Mum just doesn't seem to understand that her daughter is really that sensitive, which is just both personalities.

Also, can I do anybody with the mother/father sign thing? So for the person it is Mercury, father is Sun and mother is Saturn (geez, why is mother such a stern reserved sign???!)

starlink

Also, can I do anybody with the mother/father sign thing? So for the person it is Mercury, father is Sun and mother is Saturn (geez, why is mother such a stern reserved sign???!)

Indeed this controversy between traditional and modern astrology is making this very difficult to comprehend. I never really say: OK, your Saturn is there, so your father must be so and so. I always speak about "one of your parents" as sometimes the mother is the disciplinarian (Saturn) and at other times it is the father. Then, when a child grows up without one of the parents, usually dad, then mom takes over daddy's role and is both, Moon and Saturn. So just ask the person you are with which one is the one who has the pants on at home and go from there:)

There are all types of Astrologers use this forum but mainly fall into Traditional & Western Astrology, the differences are explained here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_astrology
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp

Traditional astrologers mainly answer Horary questions but lots others also and different rules apply than from natal. Traditional astrologers don't use or go past Saturn. Uranus and Neptune and Pluto mean nothing.

I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Now Moon signifies mother and saturn equals father. How confident are you about the 'time' of birth? Just quick reference to solar arcd then.
SA IC conj mars age 5 was a male sibling born? did the family relocate? Age 7 SA Saturn conj IC did father disappear or become strict, aloof, distant? At same time SA Pluto conj MC did anyone pass away? major transformation going on in family? Age 12 SA IC conj Venus poss another sibling? pleasure in home roots.

So, the modern ruler of Asc/Pisces is Neptune placed in 11th which mostly has nice trines but square to Neptune, some emotional disillusionment connected to mum. Moon/cancer rules 5th house so recreational activities perhaps.
Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Mercury

You end up confused at times because you read more into communications than are there. It's good to be able to read between the lines - just make sure you are also reading what is on the lines. Your expectations and imagination are assets as soon as you are able to develop a method for expressing your true feelings. Since many of your feelings are hidden from you, self expression becomes a path of self discovery.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

Jupiter Quincunx (Inconjunct) Pluto

Your overly self-secure mode of interacting disguises some deep distrust of your own foundations. Behind your flamboyance and manipulative assertions are some profound insecurities. When you come to terms with your own weaknesses and see them as not so profound or bad, you will simultaneously become more open and acknowledging of other people's values and points of view. This lays the foundation to use your vast insight and expanse of vision in a positive manner.

Mercury conj Saturn suggests communications may be a problem with father, great for studies though, but notice mercury is retrograde and this is why as a child she seems or is introverted. I have this in 4th, you need to look when it goes direct (I was 19) as she will catapult out of this modus operandi then.
http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/2000/jul2009gmt.shtml

The elements lack of earth actually can be the sign of as 'moneymaker'
Earth signs are not naturally self‑assured. So by way of compensation this seems to be the mark of the MONEY‑MAKER, for this group finds both financial and emotional security important! They can be go‑getter in the material sense. Wanting a nice home in a good section of town, money in the bank and lots of love. they don't function well living from week to week. Also may lack determination to follow things and may show a decided inability to get too excited about life's realities.
Normally when there is such a lack in one element it is compensated by having planets in earth houses, but in this chart that is happening either.

Mercury rules the 4th and 7th and is square to Uranus which suggests argumentativeness on occasions, plus opp Pluto can suggest 'verbal lacerations' with what comes out of her mouth. Hopefully held in check with mercury conj saturn and she will 'think before she speaks'

Her chart also lacks the element of fire and only 1planets in fire house. This is problematic in finding the energy or impetus to start projects so to compensate, look at angular/cardinal houses. She has 3planets in cardinal house, but it's waterl, not fire. She does however have 5 on the east (left side) of the chart which suggests when she wants she can at least initiate, but without the Earth no follow through:whistling:

With all that air and Gemini,this would make her a good talker, but restless, procrastinating and indecisive and not like making decisions at all. She would prob make a could counsellor offering tea and sympathy to people with all the water and air if she could maintain her focus and thoughts long enough.

Mars in 4th can suggest one parent was rather bad tempered too.Don't forget lots of water in a chart, these people find it easy to manipulate people too

Hope this helps, you did a great job in your first post.

Last edited: