Everyone who's had transiting Saturn conjunct Natal Ascendant

Caro

Pendulum
I think you need to get some advice from someone - a counsellor or something. I hope things improve. Sun aries sq cancer at this time could be tricky.

I have heard positive things about this transit too.

that there is possibility of marriage and fresh starts. my sun on ic in aqua. (so possibly why this is mentioned to me)

steel

I am in the very beginning of the Saturn transit to my ASCENDANT in Scorpio @ 9.30...so....I am just having opened a new business..also transiting Pluto has been on my natal sun@6.25 Capricorn for roughly a year and a half...so...now it is @ 10 Cap...then Neptune is heading into a conjunction w/ my natal Jupiter @ 4 Pisces.....then the CARDINAL T-SQUAre I was born with is being turned into a CARDINAL GRAND CROSS by the transit of Uranus in Aires...also th approaching Jupiter entrance into Cancer will even more activate the T-Square as my natal Uranus is conjunct by it ...as well as the Uranus Square Uranus that I am under...I am attaching my natal chart...so...with the Saturn transit in my 12th house, I broke all ties with the city of Seattle and moved east inland to the city of Spokane....it was like I had no choic in the matter...I actually felt that I have been ''called'' here...the journey over the passes to this place and then the crossing of the Columbia River, placed me in a fire/wind storme that I drove thru...on Oct 2nd 2012....very much like the Tempest...I passed thru fire literrally to come here....I had lived here 34 years ago.. within 30 days of arrriving here, I aquired a space to set up a bookshop in....I worked on it with a very unusual passion for roughly40 days....then I opened it on the 21 decembre....lease was signed on a stationary direct Mercury....I have probably sold 5 books since I opened in Dec 21...it is like I am invisible.....though the other two bookstores in the area/ one has stopped selling books and now the other has been closing for some days....so...that is curious...Jupiter rules my 2nd natal house and it goes dirrect on the 28th or so....I am also consiering having book market days in small communities outside of the Spokane area...I fel to stay with the shop, since it manifested so quickly and clearly...like an incubation process is going on...so...that is something of a Saturn on Ascendant now transiting the first house....soon I will have saturn squaring my natal mars...so....http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cg...gif&res=100&va=&cid=vevfiletXy9Ua-u1180812225

*emma*

Banned
Ugh, this was one of the nastiest transits I had in recent memory. My ascendent is at 17deg Libra, so last year I had saturn cross it. It caused one of the largest scares in my entire life (financially related), which ended up turning out to be nothing. I was an emotional mess for 6 months though. So much so that it ruined my moving across the country and made the past year feel very lonely. I mean, I came out fine, but it just wrecked my internal world longer then it should have.

transiting saturn across my asc at 7 virgo and sun later at 4 libra was the pits, it was total torture the party was over BUT you are right was nothing to write home about was a bunch of bloody nonsense, im going to sue saturn for guilt whichis not mine and ask jupiter to come back and spread laughter hapiness and glee back into my life

mesage to saturn YOU SUCK get a life

Last edited:

AqMoon

hi Catatonia,
i left my home country when transit SAturn was conjunct my natal Cancer AS. At the same time, transit Uranus was conjunct my Moon in the 9th house! And now after 9 yrs of leaving abroad it looks permanent:)

June23

Saturn 'cannot' transit your Asc for 'years' at most it's a few months. I suspect what you mean is --- it was transiting your 12th. Now all transits act as background influences, until they make a mathamatical aspect with another planet within your chart and IF it made contact with neptune then that would account for depression, as these two really don't get along.....

To Astrologer50 - Thank you so much for putting this up, I can confirm the effects you mention. With Saturn transiting my natal Neptune in a Scorpio 12th house, I have had a (I admit, self-imposed) dreadful time in the recent months/weeks; from nowhere I suddenly got very demotivated and started questioning my aims, even a touch of the old 'futility of existence' guff ... arghh. I presume my natal Saturn conj IC got in the mix too. Lots happened - I let someone take a lucrative contract from me; Loss of confidence made me retreat and become somewhat paralysed, even lazy; Good family relationships were affected as I erected a wall around myself to protect my loved ones from my mood (Cancer sun, Aries moon, Scorpio Asc); Insight increased for others but took great discipline to have insight into my own turmoil. Saturn transiting natal Neptune in my 12th house ... heavy stuff! Thank goodness for my inbuilt positive outlook (yes, I'm not kidding - I am not usually a doom-monger) and some other positive aspects to keep me going. Now I am 1deg approaching my Scorpio Asc, and finally feeling better, optimistic again. Posts like yours really do help to shed light on what seems a mystery when it creeps up on you. I wonder how many resort to anti-depressants during these heavy transits? Saturn goes retrograde on 2nd March 2014, but at least with the detailed astrological explanations from experienced members on these boards/internet I am ready for it this time. Will use it for clearing up anything that is getting in the way of my success and bliss ... thanks Saturn, for making me do this.

queenfluff

Aha!

Saturn has been very close to my ascendant the past few months and yep the "preludes" to what is coming next have been happening.

Changes at work (although not for me really - maybe more responsibility but that is OK), changes with family (not good but good for me as I do not have a good relationship with my family). I have plans to move in about a month or two.

I am 23 degrees Scorpio Rising so Saturn officially "hit" my ascendant a few days ago.

Here is one thing I am especially liking so far. I have Neptune conjunct ascendant and Moon conjunct the Neptune - all in my 1st. I am very emotional, With Saturn conjuncting my Asc AND my Neptune (it is within 3 degrees), I notice I am alot less emotional than normal. Having Saturn there calming my normally very emotional nature and I feel more "grounded" where that is considered. I am kind of liking this.

Another thing is Saturn type figures have been entering myself. I have come in contact with a few person who have charts similar to mine and we have been talking about it. That is just what I need right now. Astrological allies on my side.

And yet another thing is that Saturn has lifted a fog on how I viewed my father and it is different (not good but good that I figure out the truth). In fact Saturn in the 12th and 1st - all skeletons come out of the closet.

I am finally learning how to really be a Scorpio Rising - strong, fighting and finally working toward my North Node in Pisces. My new goal in this life is to be at the Phoenix level. I have learned that the other things I so wanted out of life, that others have, are not meant for me to have them. So now that I have to face the sobering truth, I can stop forcing myself to try to get those things. Things that every time in the past I have tried for and have failed. There is a lot of psychological changing and healing - good stuff though.

Saturn will go back and forth over my Asc a few times before it exits out of Scorpio in the next year or two. I normally don't like Saturn and I don't understand Capricorn (I have no planets in Cap) but with Saturn in my 1st, I am finally starting to appreciate it.

Saturn conjuncting the Asc means new beginnings. The old period is gone. I am winding things up and leaving my old ways of being and thinking behind. Scorpio Risings job in life is to turn the darkness into light. I lived in darkness for a long time, bewildered and chronically disillusioned. No more. I think it will be a lonely journey but I finally recognize it as the right one for now even if I have to do it alone - but such is the life path of a Scorpio Asc.

A description of it:
"This is one of the most significant times of your life. During this time your responsibilities will increase considerably, and you will try to eliminate everything in your life that is not necessary to fulfilling them. Therefore your life will become more complex and simpler at the same time. You are finishing up certain tasks in your life and going into a five- to eight-year period of relatively quiet preparation for a new beginning. You will be cutting some elements out of your life and working hard to complete others.
During this time you may have less freedom of movement than usual because of the pressure of circumstances and the need to get things done. Old tasks that have never been completed must be finished now. At work, you may have to exert more effort in order to get the job done. Your superiors may give you even more responsibility than you would choose to have. This may not be a very light-hearted time, but it should be quite productive. But do not start out on a completely new project, because in a few years you may find that you do not have the material or psychological resources to complete it. Finish what is unfinished and simplify your life.
Good relationships will not suffer appreciably during this time, but bad ones will break up completely. You are withdrawing from everything in your life that is unnecessary or in the way of your development during the next few years. Bad or difficult relationships may be among the elements that are discarded.
Try to avoid building a wall between yourself and others, for this is a great danger now. Duty, responsibility and obligations do not preclude personally satisfying relationships, even though you may feel that they do. If you cut yourself off from others unnecessarily, you will become lonely and depressed. The people who belong in your everyday life are very important for you now, especially since you are excluding those who do not belong. Often it is good to seek out the company and advice of older people, for they have the insight and understanding you need."

Erulastiel14

I'm going through a period of big Saturn years since Scorpio rules my 12th house, I'm a Sagittarius Rising and many of my planets are in those 2 houses.

Scorpio is going through my 12th house right now, about to conjoin my Sun and this is after Saturn went over my Mercury-Pluto conjunction also in Scorpio for the final time back in October-November. It was one of the hardest times in my life. I struggled with depression (it runs on both sides of my family) and I'm now on medication for it. I'm in grad school and it was immensely hard for me to get focused and my grades were not my best. Thankfully I'm in my last year so my GPA wasn't messed with too much. Ever since Saturn was around my Mercury-Pluto conjunction a year ago I was panicking about what I was going to do when I finished school.

I felt like I've been turned inside out in some ways and the Uranus/Neptune transits I was going through did not help either.

I say all this to say I am hoping that Saturn going over my Ascendant is better than Saturn going through my 12th house and conjoining my Sun and Mercury-Pluto. Things are coming together school and career wise so I want to be optimistic. But my astrologer did warn me that I may feel like nothing is happening when Saturn goes over my Ascendant. With Saturn in my 12th right now, I definitely feel that a cycle is ending. So I hope Saturn going over my Ascendant is a new beginning.

Last edited:
When my saturn moved to ascendant, or in fact a little bit after (about a month), i finally overcame my depression (bipo-ocd-everything), I had found a real diagnosis and cure about 4-5 months before and it took that time to activate, and yeah, it was a real turning point for me, only to the better. I should check tho if there were other major transits or things at the time.

bella3004

Hi everyone

I am new here so I am still figuring out how to post a new thread.

I checked my solar return for 2017/2018 and Ill have my S ASC 29degrees in Gemini in my natal 1st house with moon conjuncting the ASC and saturn conjuncting the DSC

I have read it can be really bad to have your solar ASC in the first house. or that having any angle at 29 is also bad

Would saturn on the DSC mean hard relationships? restrictions?

I am a bit scared

I appreciate any help

Thanks