London riot today

Momma's Kumquat

There is a riot going on in london right now. It started out as a protest about tuition fees and it's descended into chaos... and guess what!

Puto is 00.1 conjunct north node!

Time for change?

Betty F

Jupiter 3 minutes from stationary direct conjunct Uranus, also almost stationary direct. Change in the educational system has to serve social systems? How did the recent t-square with Saturn/Pluto/Jupiter-Uranus play in these developments?

EJ53

Banned
UK riots/protests about budget cuts

...How did the recent t-square with Saturn/Pluto/Jupiter-Uranus play in these developments?
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland was created on 12th April 1927, by an Act of Parliament that recognised the independence of all Ireland/the Irish Free State (and the subsequent decision of Northern Ireland to remain part of the UK).

This chart has Uranus at 0.38 degrees Aries; North Node at 1.38 degrees Cancer and Chiron at 0.31 degrees of Taurus ...sudden/rebellious action; learning about responsibility to "the tribe" and fear of financial insecurity ...all of which appear to have been activated by the Saturn/Pluto/Jupiter-Uranus t-square ...(during which the UK budget cuts were formulated/announced)...

So, I guess other UK "tribes" are awaiting activation in the wings.

EJ

Inside Out Orange

It'll be interesting to see what 'fallout' there is from these riots. Over the years, I can think of two similar events ...

March 1990 - Poll Tax riots - the most notable effect seems to have been the resignation of Margaret Thatcher as PM in the November of that year.

May Day 2000 - anti-capitalist demonstration in London.

In terms of this riot, the students have indicated that they'll be continuing with non-violent protests and looking to unseat MPs who vote for the fees.

From the police perspective they've realised they got the balance of policing wrong and the riot is an indication to the Government that all cuts that happen over the coming months will be unpopular with certain groups. I wonder if they might see it as a need to be more authoritarian to get us through these difficult times.

EJ53

Banned
Rioting in the UK

It'll be interesting to see what 'fallout' there is from these riots ...I wonder if they might see it as a need to be more authoritarian to get us through these difficult times.
Non-astrologically ...I'm also interested in the reaction of the UK "person-in-the-street" to the budget cuts and ensuing protests...

Currently, I have mixed feelings ...welcoming the evolutionary awakening of individuals to the impact of the State upon our lives ...but feeling the Government's budget cuts are a necessary fall in living standards that must be endured, to protect (not-yet-born) future generations from the consequences of an ever-spiralling National Debt (currently £4.7 trillion) whose interest payments might soon exceed the UK Gross National Product...

Since protests (and strike action) will only cause the UK economy to get worse ...I suspect the true evolutionary development is meant to be the realisation/increased awareness by the person-in-the-street that "we are the Government, and (economic) survival requires us to govern ourselves responsibly during the current global financial crisis".

On the soapbox again (but not yet drinking rainwater or methylated spirits)

EJ

JerryRR

There was a Mercury and Mars return in Sag',UK Chart?,plus node return.
UK Chart? Moon/Mars,Venus and Neptune in Sag'.
Transiting Sun/NN Pluto square UK? Pluto con Asc.

J. :)

Last edited:

EJ53

Banned
There was a Mercury and Mars return in Sag',UK Chart?,plus node return.
UK Chart? Moon/Mars,Venus and Neptune in Sag'.
Transiting Sun/NN Pluto square UK? Pluto con Asc.
Which charts/dates/times are you referring to, Jerry?...

(I can't relate any of this to the 1927 or 1801 UK charts.)

EJ

Inside Out Orange

EJ ... given that the UK has been in a process of devolution for the past 10 years ... is it valid to use the 1801 or 1927 charts? Or even to look at 1066 chart for England?

In particular I mention this because while England & Wales seem to operate under the same laws; these days Scottish parliament is passing more of its own laws. In particular I'm thinking of the fact that Scottish students do not have to pay tuition fees.

Sorry ... don't purport to have the answer ... just wonder how it affects matters ...

EJ53

Banned
UK identity

EJ ... given that the UK has been in a process of devolution for the past 10 years ... is it valid to use the 1801 or 1927 charts? Or even to look at 1066 chart for England? ... In particular I'm thinking of the fact that Scottish students do not have to pay tuition fees.
I don't know either, IOO...

I guess the UK budget cuts still affect some Scottish "tribes" ...albeit no longer all of those affected in "Great Britain and Northern Ireland" (1927)...

but 1066 (presumably) created the mindset/character of to-day's "Englishman", and 1801 created whatever is to-day's UK Parliamentary control over Scotland...

So ...my guess is that all three charts (and maybe others) are valid in some respect ...making it very difficult to predict how transits will affect the behaviour of the "average" UK person-in-the-street, because he/she has no clearly defined national (or astrological) identity.

EJ

JerryRR

Hi E,

UK/EEC:Jan 1 1973 00:00GMT Westminster.ASC 7 Libra.
UK 1801 ASC 7 Libra.
US 1776 ASC 9 Libra.
Treaty of Rome ASC 6 Libra.
Israel ASC 10 Libra.

EJ53

Banned
...UK/EEC:Jan 1 1973 00:00GMT Westminster.ASC 7 Libra.
Yes, Jerry ...The UK/EEC chart Moon/Mars/Lilith/Neptune/Venus/Mercury stellium in Sagittarius 2nd/3rd houses does indeed highlight Further Education as a major (and very personal) "issue" in the UK.

EJ

Betty F

I'm totally lost on the chart possibilities.

Generally speaking, I see Uranus square Pluto clearing out archaic social traditions... the political heirarchy once again trying to limit education to the elite (revisiting a very archaic tradition) and the people letting them know they will rebel. Uranus and Jupiter turning direct soon support renegotiating and restructuring the goals. Uranus entering Aries this spring will bring a lot of changes. Especially if you're using a chart with n-Uranus at 0.39 Aries.

Pisces plants the seeds, Aries produces the seedling. Obviously these seeds they've scattered are not acceptable. Uranus square Pluto means "the money belongs to the people".

I see resolution to the problem, but it's coming from the people, not the government. I like EJ's comment:

"Since protests (and strike action) will only cause the UK economy to get worse ...I suspect the true evolutionary development is meant to be the realisation/increased awareness by the person-in-the-street that "we are the Government, and (economic) survival requires us to govern ourselves responsibly during the current global financial crisis".

Sorry I can't pick a U.K. chart to apply this to.

EJ53

Banned
I'm totally lost on the chart possibilities...can't pick a U.K. chart to apply this to.
Maybe it's more a question of when and how each chart will be activated...

For example ...The 21st December 2010 Lunar eclipse will square Uranus (Aries/3rd) and conjunct Mars (Gemini/7th) in the 1927 UK chart ...whilst the 15th June 2011 Lunar Eclise will conjunct Mercury (Sagittarius/3rd) in the 1973/EEC chart, and trine Saturn (Leo/11th) in the 1801 chart...So another "winter of discontent"/tribal warfare, followed by a summer of reflection (and resolution).

...I see resolution to the problem, but it's coming from the people, not the government.
Perhaps the 1973/EEC chart represents the people, and the 1801 chart represents the government/parliament ...with solutions being proposed by UK academics/universities (Mercury in Sagittarius/3rd) and the government adopting them (Saturn in Leo/11th).​

EJ​

Last edited:

JerryRR

UK/EEC.

Mercury return November 26 2010 10:03am GMT Westminster.
Mars return October 29 2010 1:58pm BST Westminster.
Node return April 1 2010 6:30pm BST Westminster.

Edward Heath born 9 July 1916.

Nexus7

I hope things do get challenged a bit this time. I am just so glad not to be in the UK any more, although where I am is no people's paradise.

I did not know those early cardinal degrees were so important for the UK.

Gizamy

The Social unrest in London resulted to an economic failure as it brought a big mess in the economy. Riots have been breaking out in London, synchronized mostly through the use of social media. Scotland Yard is cautioning individuals to stop such activities or deal with the outcomes. Rioting has been breaking out in London after a Scotland Yard officer shot and killed a male, which many feel was totally unjust. Article resource: Weekend of London riots leaves city devastated by looting . Violent reactions resulting to a demoralized economy.

ptolomy

My feeling about the lack of traditional aspects being activated within a certain orb is that Pluto and Uranus start activating aspects in a countries chart a long time before they are close to the planet they are approaching because it is a process,obviously when this t square reaches 9 degrees next June July next year and they are within 1 degree of the UK,EEC Suns then they will really kick off,mean while this is just taster of what's to come.
Also I believe that Capricorn represents the world governors nowadays unlike in the past when individual counties were world rulers, there is an elite group these days of many countries that are representatives of Capricorn IE: USA,EEC etc and consequently there economies are interlinked as we have seen recently with the failings of the US economy having a knock on effect to the EU and then the rest of the world,we are not separate any more.It might be seen as Capricorn having multiple trigger points with this situation of world governance split between many countries.
What the Pluto/Uranus energy is doing is bringing an end to this situation of the old governors and gradually transferring the power to china and the b,r,i,c,s countries which will in time take on the qualities of Capricorn,Meanwhile the western countries will probably get new national charts which lose Capricorn as dominant features due to rebellion and revolution.

ptolomy

What are the new proceeds for London Riots from authorities ? Have the accused arrested or not ?

A few thousand have been arrested over the last week or so and put through the courts,many have received extreme penalties for their involvement,much longer than normal sentences for the same crime.Many say the prime minister David Cameron is showing a knee jerk reaction and trying to show a no nonsense approach to the rioters behaviour,He has also vowed the police will continue to screen CCTV footage until they have traced as many culprits as can be identified which could take a few years.

PS:Why have you included a link on Franchises?,I hope you are not touting for business on this forum mate as it will get you banned.

Last edited: