Seven of Swords and Heirophant combo

I got these two in a quick reading about a particular question involving snooping behavior. I asked about the situation regarding if a person would stop their snooping behavior or not. So these cards were not a good sign.

Seven of Swords is the epitome of snooping, spying, stalking or unscrupulous behavior behind the scenes. There isn't much to expound upon that. Unless I am missing something of course. Everyone has their own take on card meanings really, which is why I like to hear others' opinions.

Hierophant is more complex. It means the right thing to do, and the straight and narrow. It can also mean paperwork, keys, religions, marriage, legal bondsmanship (if that's a word), etc. At its negatives it can mean facades or doing things for show, especially superficial spirituality or religion. Maybe I haven't given this card much thought...

Anyway, these two paired up can mean that this person is still choosing to have unscrupulous behaviors towards me I suppose...and in secret. I know things are always subject to change though, so I'm not really worried. I'm just writing this really to get more of a deeper meaning with not just these two paired together, but a deeper meaning for Hierophant.

Thanks in advance!

david starling

Swords is the suit for Air-signs and the Heirophant relates to Taurus. Seven is about winning, whatever it takes; or at the very least, not losing. Paired, it would mean "whatever it takes" within boundaries--no cheating. You may have to set some rules.

Last edited:
Swords is the suit for Air-signs and the Heirophant relates to Taurus. Seven is about winning, whatever it takes; or at the very least, not losing. Paired, it would mean "whatever it takes" within boundaries--no cheating. You may have to set some rules.

Thank you. That's helpful. :) I didn't think of "whatever it takes." I have set some rules or more like boundaries that I told the person. Then a day after that, that's when I got these cards.

retinoid

I feel the reading is incomplete-did you pick a third card? If not, then doing a clarifying reading on it may be more enlightening. What did each card represent in your reading? I usually do three card spreads representing the question, answer and extra info card.

dowhanawi

Going off what David Starling said, especially the no cheating. There is always question in the 7ofS as to who the winner is and playing within the rules is important when you see this card. Hard when your dealing deceptiveness. But all this is answered by 7ofS and it doesnt answer why the Hierophant. I think we need more info to see this; as retinoid said, a clarity card. And more info. Why are they snopping. What is their relationship to you? And what deck are you using? Many hold pretty true to the RW descriptors but not all decks do.

I feel the reading is incomplete-did you pick a third card? If not, then doing a clarifying reading on it may be more enlightening. What did each card represent in your reading? I usually do three card spreads representing the question, answer and extra info card.

Well, it could be so, but I like two card readings because I don't like being overwhelmed with too much information. I'm not a professional card reader so I tend to stay within small boundaries until I get better at it.

I'll probably do a follow-up reading soon and I'll try three cards this time. :)

Going off what David Starling said, especially the no cheating. There is always question in the 7ofS as to who the winner is and playing within the rules is important when you see this card. Hard when your dealing deceptiveness. But all this is answered by 7ofS and it doesnt answer why the Hierophant. I think we need more info to see this; as retinoid said, a clarity card. And more info. Why are they snopping. What is their relationship to you? And what deck are you using? Many hold pretty true to the RW descriptors but not all decks do.

I asked about a particular person because I was fully aware that he had already been snooping, then asked about if the person would continue the behavior or not. That's when I got these two cards. So, the answer is within these two cards. But next time I'll try three cards instead. I always use Rider-Waite.

dowhanawi

I realized you knew who it was by your wording, I meant if we knew then we could better help with the reading.

I like three card draws. I find they are very complete. If I'm uncertain on one then I ask for a clarity card still, but 3 usually does it. And I like rw decks too, but I also have celestial tarot. With my astrology knowledge it makes reading very easy for me. The deck size is hard for me though. I tend to choose smaller decks cuz I have child sized hands.

BUT back to the point: since the question was will they continue I think that is clearly a yes just in the 7. So maybe the heirophant suggests you get help with the situation. He can represent established groups, leaders, teachers, spiritual elders. I'd rule out a spiritual solution based on the 7ofS (wards, charms etc could be seen as deceptive and so back fire with 7ofS present). Police and or tech help (to keep them out if its tech snooping), security for your home if its physicak snooping maybe. If they pose possible physical danger (cuz such behavior can escalate) maybe a self defense course. I think Heirophant could suggest any if these so clarity card, unless you know which of these is the best solution since you know the situation. If it's someone your in a relationship with please be aware this is a pre-curser to more dangerous behavior. Best wishes and let us know how things go.

Last edited:
Thanks, everything you said makes sense. Maybe I have not been taking it as serious. The guy lives in another country as me, so this snooping I think would be more computer-related. I'll give an example of something he has admitted to me about three or four months ago. We would go into this chat site that had a lot of different rooms to go into. He always knew which room I was in and admitted to me that he put it to where he knows which room I'm in no matter what- and in this rooms, it's easy to not even have to go in to be able to read every word that's being said. So he would do that all the time.

I'm going to do another reading, I think tonight, to see if anything has changed. Because it's true- if I pulled those cards recently then they are surely warning me.

Okay. Here we go. I haven't even given myself time to decipher what these cards mean yet, but here are the cards with the new reading:

Ten of cups, Ten of swords, and Eight of swords

Edit: I take it as "the love or happiness is dead."

The person has no more feelings for me, and if he does, they aren't very good ones...so the intentions behind the snooping would not be very good intentions. Am I correct? Or am I reading these wrong?

Last edited:
Also, to clue you guys in on the background between me and this person.

Me and him met through those chat rooms that I spoke of. We met about last year sometime. We at first hit it off. We would have quite w few close discussions on our lives etc. he was also very helpful with me about a lot of things. Very insightful. I truly do care about the person. But then I started noticing him being always aware of where I was and then thats what led him to admit about him spying on my chats.

Fast forward to later on, about recently. We told each other we deeply cared about each other. He even mentioned marriage lmao but I took it as him just joking. He would constantly talk about other women too, and I think that was his way to make me jealous. And it worked, because I did get jealous. Then I noticed him starting to hang around these two people in those rooms (after I went back, because I left there for months) and he started treating me differently. And these two people were extremely vicious to me at one time- long story to get into here- but he knew about this. He started to say some things that they would say about me, so I knew he was talking about me to them. I confronted him about it and he didn't deny it. We had some word-spars and that's when I told him that I can't talk to him for awhile and I'm sure it was mutual because I didn't hear back from him since then. Then that's when I asked tarot in which I pulled those two cards.

So that's pretty much what happened between us, although I'm sure I'm leaving out a whole heck of a lot more. but I just wanted to give a feel of the energy that was going on between the both of us to help you understand what was going on. A lot of it, I'm not even aware of either but I sense it with my intuition.

Edit: also I'm not trying to make myself out to be the innocent party either because I did say some harsh things to him back. But I did react to the hush hush things that I felt he was doing behind my back. And I reacted badly. Which did hurt him and he told me it did. But he also hurt me too.

Last edited:

dowhanawi

So all together.
1st draw 7ofS yes he is still stalking
Heirophabt do something about it. Maybe we are it, getting advice, not sure. But some cyber security might be in order.

2nd read. 10ofC The relationship is over, new beginning time
10 swords used when one would do. That he took it so far is very disturbing
8ofS you may seen to be in a bad spot, and could be but you can walk away. I think permanently leave this chat room.

And that 5th house Scorpio with all those planets. I could puck it apart detail by detail but I don't think I need too. I'd be willing to bet you are neither the first or last to go through this with him.

Walk away a

I already deleted my account of that chat room last week, once again.

I only had it for about two weeks before then lol when all of this started all over again...

Yeah you guys are the hierophant, I'm thinking. I'm beginning to think he's been watching what we say here.

dowhanawi

Does he know you cine here, could he have accessed your email? And don't worry, if we see that 5th in someones chart here we will pick it apart starting with his manhood ;)

Lol. I've never mentioned it to him. But then again there were a lot of things I never mentioned to him that he figured out on his own. He's a Scorpio, I wouldn't put it past him. And I doubt he'd be that stupid to come here with his chart. Lol

Thankfully, he lives far far away from me!

Thanks for your help btw. :)

And I'll say- that I do care about him as a person. I just don't like all of the nonsense is all.

Last edited:
And yes...he's done this before as well. So true...with other people.

And the reason why I'm kind of blaze about it is because I'm so used to this. And also because he doesn't realize that I am still a Capricorn. I'm not someone he can go around intimidating and I think that's what makes him kind of like me more in a weird way. I don't put up with it, so then I just leave and he's like, wait a minute, you can't just do that...but I do. And even if he is stalking me right now, eff him. He can just be a little more mature about talking to me instead of going behind my back.

His loss.

Last edited: