Do your Sun and Moon describe your parents?

AppLeo

The Sun and Moon represent my parents pretty darn well.

My Sun is in Leo, and my dad is a Leo Rising. As a Leo Rising he is very gregarious, animated and exciting; it actually gets really annoying sometimes because not everything in life is funny. He constantly makes jokes and tries to be the center of attention.

But also, my Sun is only 2 degrees Leo and still has a Cancer quality to it, in my opinion. And my dad also has a Moon in Cancer.

My Sun is in tight opposition to Neptune and my dad is an alcoholic.

My sister is a Leo Sun.

--

My Moon is in Virgo in the 8th house. My mom, I guess has a Virgo nature. She has her venus and mercury in pisces exactly opposite her pluto in virgo. But the house placement and the aspects to the moon make a lot more sense. My moon is trine saturn and my mom has her sun conjunct to Saturn. My moon is sextile to venus and my mom has her moon in taurus.

My sister has her moon in aquarius and my mom has her moon in the 11th house. I can definitely see the moon in the 8th house because my mom's parents died quite early. I never met my grandparents. And my mom's boyfriend also died from a helicopter accident. And my moon in tightly conjunct the north node, so you can see how my mom has a very close connection to death.

---

I think my 4th and 10th houses are also really good for explaining my parents. My 4th house is in Taurus and mom has her moon in Taurus with her rising being in Cancer, so the moon in taurus is even more prevalent. Plus, my venus is in cancer and in the 6th house.

My MC is in scorpio and although my dad isn't really a scorpio, he brings in a lot of scorpio energy. Lots of intensity. My dad's dad was a scorpio, and I've been often told that my dad represents a lot of the traits of my grandpa. I don't see my living grandparents anymore, but my dad was a lot like my grandpa.

And then naturally without the placidus system and equal house system, my 4th house cusp would be located in the sign of Aries, and both my parents were Aries. So it just makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

The Moon does a good job of describing my mother's actual traits (as opposed to my "perception of her"). To keep it succinct, I have an Aquarius Moon in the 3rd - she's a humanitarian,a writer and a journalist.

The Sun falls short on describing my father, however.

Last edited:

katydid

The Moon does a good job of describing my mother's actual traits (as opposed to my "perception of her"). To keep it succinct, I have an Aquarius Moon in the 3rd - she's a humanitarian,a writer and a journalist.

My daughter has an Aquarius Moon in the 3rd. I wish I was a humanitarian, a writer and a journalist....:innocent:

I do edit all of my husbands writing and have for 30 years now.

conspiracy theorist

My daughter has an Aquarius Moon in the 3rd. I wish I was a humanitarian, a writer and a journalist....:innocent:

I do edit all of my husbands writing and have for 30 years now.

Hey, what about the fact that you're an astrologer with out of the ordinary (?) spiritual beliefs? That's a pretty good pic of an Aquarius Moon in 3rd too.

CapAquaPis

My mother a Taurus sun has a late Aquarius moon (or later on April 29, 1951 - enters Pisces), while I have a conjunction sun/moon in Aquarius (Feb 15, 1980). My father a Sagittarius sun (Dec 17, 1946)...but when my parents divorced when I was 7 years old, my mother became my primary parent. The natal chart might show the larger influence my mother played than father.

katydid

Hey, what about the fact that you're an astrologer with out of the ordinary (?) spiritual beliefs? That's a pretty good pic of an Aquarius Moon in 3rd too.

Yes, true...

Here is what I find so fascinating about the question of Moon= Mother in a chart.

My daughter has Moon in Aq in 3rd, tightly trining her Sun in Gemini conjunct the descendant. So very airy and light and harmonious, over all...:innocent:
[ and we do talk a lot and get along pretty well]

My son has Moon conjunct Jupiter in Taurus, in the 10th, trining the 88Cap stellium in the 6th. So 'his mom' is perceived as all Earth, no air in sight. :alien:

SAME MOM---raised them both in same house, at same time, but their experiences seem to differ.

I am very close to my son but in a much different way. We don't speak every single day, like my daughter and I do. He is more independent, has his own family and concerns. He is very close to my husband, so maybe that is where the 10th house comes in. They go out to the movies or to dinner together quite a bit. They are both Aries and 'get ' each other. lol

So if an astrologer read both of their charts, they would describe two 'different' mothers. One an airy trine in air houses, the other exalted earth conjunction and trine in Earth houses.

tenacapcious

I have Sun/Moon conjunct and some astrologers think that gives people with the conjunction a Martian....I forgot the wording. Anyway, both of my adoptive parents have Aries rising/Moon and maybe it indicates that my birth parents agreed on putting me up for adoption. According to my adoption papers and birth certificate, they were married and my a-parents have been told that they had 5 children already or that I was the 5th. The other story is that their age is wrong on the birth certificate and that they were both 16 y.o. high school students, which makes me imagine that maybe they and/or their families decided that it was best that I be put up for adoption.

My a-parents divorced when I was 5, they had very different parenting styles. What they both had in common is that parenting probably wasn't the right decision for them and they both come from dysfunctional families. One family is dramatic and the other one is unaffectionate and very passive-aggressive. Differnt cultures. I lived in one or other country after their divorce, seeing very little of the parent I wasn't living with.

Moon Square Pluto - things are complicated/difficult/strained between mom and I at best.

Sun/Moon conjunction in 3rd house - both parents had an inconsistent parenting style, rules kept changing, there were rules, then there were no rules, "consequences" for stuff I had no idea was wrong and it hadn't been made clear to me that it was wrong, unclear and ever changing boundaries. Broken promises (mostly mom), words didn't match their own actions (mostly dad).

Mom wanted me to go into social work, physio therapy or hairdressing which are jobs mom considered before becoming a social worker, so I could do her hair for free. Dad wanted me to be an anthropologist because that's what he'd wanted to be, but his parents wanted him to become an engineer so that's what he did. I eventually dropped out of comm. coll. then I dropped out of business school, worked different service/care taking jobs, before I became a homemaker and mother - not pleasing to my parents.
IC opp. MC in Cancer, Libra Asc.
Moon/Mercury wide orb 10,5 degrees conj.
Sun/Mercury conj.
Mercury Opp. MC.

Our sons seem to have some inherited placements.

Oldest : Libra rising and Cap Moon like me. Mars in Sag like me. Venus Leo like dad.

Middle: Leo rising/Moon, Taurus Sun - Dad Leo Sun/Moon/Mercury/Venus/Mars. Earth Sun/Mercury like me. Mars Sag like me.

Youngest: Scorpio rising/Sun??? - oh dad's Leo stellium is in the 8th house. Virgo Moon. Venus/Sagittarius. Mars Pisces - I only just thought of the connection now; I have Mars conj. Neptune, Earth Moon like me.

Maybe I'm seeing what I want to see. Like my husband, his sisters and parents, our sons have a lot in common with my husband and me. Relations are certainly much easier than they were and are between my a-parents and me.

I write a-parents not because they're less parents or that I'm less than anyone else, but to avoid confusion because I also shortly mentioned my birth parents.

GoldenLion12

My mother 25 degrees Sagittarius Sun and is 27 degrees Scorpio Moon 12 degrees North Node Aries/South Node Retrograde and my father 24 degrees Aries Sun and 15 degrees Scorpio Moon 25 degrees North Node Aries/South Node Libra. Retrograde.

They basically mirror one another.
Moon Scorpio
Jupiter Aquariues
Neptune Libra
Pluto Leo
Chiron Sagittarius
North Node Aries
MC Aries Vs. MC Sagittarius

My Sagittarius Sun kind reflects both of them since they were both into learning Spiritual/Religious/Psychological things. Both Counselors.
Moon in Scorpio with both of them usually fits my 4th house Cancer with Jupiter, Mars, and Venus in Scorpio. So it's basically been deadly waters all my life as they say with Scorpio's. (Jupiter expansion) You can say they've both been divorced and remarried 4 to 5 times each and the Aries North Node must come to play since, my 9th house is Aries in Chiron (Which is wounding) and most of their partners always end up being the Aries Sun and so Aries vs. Scorpio is plutonian/Mars and huge mess.

My Moon is Taurus so I'm more like my Grandfather who was also a Taurus Moon and always felt close to him. More nurturing, empathetic, understanding, and non-violent.

I've never had good relationships with either parent so I don't relate with my Taurus Midheaven, Taurus Moon, Taurus Saturn, Taurus Juno.

The only way I relate to either one of them is the psychology, religion, spiritual and but actually they taught me the opposite ends of the spectrum of psychology, and then I brought in the Religion/Spiritual.

Some would say they are possibly Twin Flames and may have split up for the simple reason they were (teaching) evolving my soul to be a teacher. Just a theory though, but obviously it's been quite an adventure.

I have a feeling all my relationships may be Karmic and Reincarnation since my North Node in Aquarius/South Node Leo is in the 7th house.

We're all quite different. I'm an INFJ Taurus Moon Nurturing Mother, and my mother ESTJ the disciplinarian mother with Scorpio Moon. More like the Alpha and Beta women. yin vs. yang.

My mother 25 degrees Sagittarius Sun and is 27 degrees Scorpio Moon 12 degrees North Node Aries/South Node Retrograde and my father 24 degrees Aries Sun and 15 degrees Scorpio Moon 25 degrees North Node Aries/South Node Libra. Retrograde.

They basically mirror one another.
Moon Scorpio
Jupiter Aquariues
Neptune Libra
Pluto Leo
Chiron Sagittarius
North Node Aries
MC Aries Vs. MC Sagittarius

My Sagittarius Sun kind reflects both of them since they were both into learning Spiritual/Religious/Psychological things. Both Counselors.
Moon in Scorpio with both of them usually fits my 4th house Cancer with Jupiter, Mars, and Venus in Scorpio. So it's basically been deadly waters all my life as they say with Scorpio's. (Jupiter expansion) You can say they've both been divorced and remarried 4 to 5 times each and the Aries North Node must come to play since, my 9th house is Aries in Chiron (Which is wounding) and most of their partners always end up being the Aries Sun and so Aries vs. Scorpio is plutonian/Mars and huge mess.

My Moon is Taurus so I'm more like my Grandfather who was also a Taurus Moon and always felt close to him. More nurturing, empathetic, understanding, and non-violent.

I've never had good relationships with either parent so I don't relate with my Taurus Midheaven, Taurus Moon, Taurus Saturn, Taurus Juno.

The only way I relate to either one of them is the psychology, religion, spiritual and but actually they taught me the opposite ends of the spectrum of psychology, and then I brought in the Religion/Spiritual.

Some would say they are possibly Twin Flames and may have split up for the simple reason they were (teaching) evolving my soul to be a teacher. Just a theory though, but obviously it's been quite an adventure.

I have a feeling all my relationships may be Karmic and Reincarnation since my North Node in Aquarius/South Node Leo is in the 7th house.

We're all quite different. I'm an INFJ Taurus Moon Nurturing Mother, and my mother ESTJ the disciplinarian mother with Scorpio Moon. More like the Alpha and Beta women. yin vs. yang.

I turn out with ESFJ and INTJ depending on the day, typical Cancer in that regard... personality can change day by day lol.

Taurus moon and mars.

This applies to me in a startling way. I am a Taurus sun in the 7th house and my father is somewhat taurean. He is stubborn, dislikes change, is traditional, has been steadfast in his relationships, and is someone you can count on. He likes the little pleasures of life such as good food and he is a great at cooking barbecue. His relationships are the most important aspects of his life. His relationship with his family and close friends are his priority and make him feel fulfilled. He gets very sentimental and has difficulty throwing anything away. Like my father my family is my highest priority and I am loyal and reliable in relationships.

My Aries moon in the 6th house completely represents my mother. Her job has always been her identity and she is one of the most ambitious people I know, she is not afraid to ask for what she wants or confront someone. She has tried to aspire for a career but always ends up back in mortgage which she has accepted; she does excel in this field. She was not a very nurturing mother and has trouble with my sensitivity but she has made me a stronger person because of it and I needed that. When it comes to my own work I like to work hard and detest when things are slow because I am easily bored. I am not confrontational myself but when it comes to my job I have been described as a quiet leader and I am more assertive than in any other arena. I am not ambitious, but I find that I am generally promoted due to my standard of work.

My mom had me young and my parents had a shotgun marriage. They do love each other and care for each other deeply but I know my mom would have liked to live her life a little more before settling down if she had had the choice. A few years ago they almost divorced because she had a mid life crisis but she has resolved that now and they are doing better than ever. My sun is conjunct my moon.

Last edited: