Transit Uranus trine/sextile Ascendant

ethertwist

I have the transit trine coming up and I was wondering if the "easier" aspects of Uranus are as apparent as the more obvious ones (i.e., conjunction, opposition, square, etc.)? Are the manifestations more subtle and imperceptible simply because there's less resistance involved?

In general, do the "harmonious" aspects from the outer planets to the angles result in external events or are they always perceived more internally?

I've read quite a few of the cookbook definitions, but I welcome any and all personal experiences or stories that further substantiate or negate what is commonly stated about these aspects.

:smile:

Inside Out Orange

Well now ... when Uranus sextile/trined my asc/dsc back in 2003 ... it resulted in a split with my partner ... BUT it was a really rubbish 'relationship. It needed to be finished.

ethertwist

Well now ... when Uranus sextile/trined my asc/dsc back in 2003 ... it resulted in a split with my partner ... BUT it was a really rubbish 'relationship. It needed to be finished.

Interesting. So it was ultimately a very positive outcome! :lol:

Was the split unexpected at the time? I always assume that Uranus carries with it the element of surprise.

Inside Out Orange

Interesting. So it was ultimately a very positive outcome! :lol:

Oh yes, absolutely that was what I was trying to say. If I wrote "when this transit hit I split with my partner" all the doom & gloom mongerers would be scared every time the transit came around.

Was the split unexpected at the time? I always assume that Uranus carries with it the element of surprise.

Sort of.

She'd been on at me for the past month previous telling me how the relationship wasn't working any more. She wanted a trial separation. She'd already made a little bit more separate by moving into the spare room. I'd say "if we split, then we're not getting back together - you have to find a way to make it work here and now".

She told me she was leaving at the end of the month. Was I ok with that? Me - no, I'm not happy about it but you have to do what is right for you. If you can't find a way to make it work here then you must do what you think is right for you.

She was just trying to manipulate me into something and I wasn't playing the game. I had progressed sun/moon on my pluto - she was big on emotional blackmail and manipulation. I was under huge pressure to give in.

Anyway the short of the story is that we had an argument one evening (probably all the emotion building up - it was an incredibly tense time for both of us). She shouted and ranted at me, she trapped me in a room, she was minorly physically abusive (lots of finger into the chest and stopping me leaving). She threatened to kill me while I slept.

I realised then it was over that the whole relationship had been a lie. It was always about her getting her own way and me giving it to her. I thought about whether I could change her behaviours and concluded that it would be a lot of effort (and shouting and being screamed at) that I wasn't willing to go for. I didn't really love her by then, I was just going through the motions.

So when I then told her we were splitting, yes - it came as a surprise. Then she reversed her position and told me how great we were together, how we mustn't split, how we try here and now.

Too late ...

ethertwist

Oh yes, absolutely that was what I was trying to say. If I wrote "when this transit hit I split with my partner" all the doom & gloom mongerers would be scared every time the transit came around.

Sort of.

She'd been on at me for the past month previous telling me how the relationship wasn't working any more. She wanted a trial separation. She'd already made a little bit more separate by moving into the spare room. I'd say "if we split, then we're not getting back together - you have to find a way to make it work here and now".

She told me she was leaving at the end of the month. Was I ok with that? Me - no, I'm not happy about it but you have to do what is right for you. If you can't find a way to make it work here then you must do what you think is right for you.

She was just trying to manipulate me into something and I wasn't playing the game. I had progressed sun/moon on my pluto - she was big on emotional blackmail and manipulation. I was under huge pressure to give in.

Anyway the short of the story is that we had an argument one evening (probably all the emotion building up - it was an incredibly tense time for both of us). She shouted and ranted at me, she trapped me in a room, she was minorly physically abusive (lots of finger into the chest and stopping me leaving). She threatened to kill me while I slept.

I realised then it was over that the whole relationship had been a lie. It was always about her getting her own way and me giving it to her. I thought about whether I could change her behaviours and concluded that it would be a lot of effort (and shouting and being screamed at) that I wasn't willing to go for. I didn't really love her by then, I was just going through the motions.

So when I then told her we were splitting, yes - it came as a surprise. Then she reversed her position and told me how great we were together, how we mustn't split, how we try here and now.

Too late ...

Wow! What an intense experience. Uranus definitely liberated you in that respect! I wonder what aspects were going on in her chart at the time? Her actions were clearly very erratic to be threatening violence one minute and attempting to make nice the next when you called her bluff and were finally ready to split. I can definitely see the Progressed Sun/Moon on your natal Pluto overtones with all the power plays and manipulation taking place.

Inside Out Orange

Wow! What an intense experience. Uranus definitely liberated you in that respect! I wonder what aspects were going on in her chart at the time? Her actions were clearly very erratic to be threatening violence one minute and attempting to make nice the next when you called her bluff and were finally ready to split. I can definitely see the Progressed Sun/Moon on your natal Pluto overtones with all the power plays and manipulation taking place.

She's late Aquarian so had Uranus pass over her sun that year ... she's just contrarian to get her own way ... she's got mars in aries and libra moon and can't take responsibility for anything ... so desperately always needs someone (or how will decisions ever get made) ... but equally she knows exactly what she wants so she has to manipulate and control to get what she wants without ever being willing to take responsibility for asking ... very sad ...

I'd had uranus pass opposite to my leo stellium in the previous 6months/year and that had brought difficulties with my job and trying to move house but nothing I couldn't handle.

Looking back it should rate as the worst time in my life ... yet actually I never think of it as that bad. I guess I just felt so happy to have got out of that relationship and have my freedom again ...

ethertwist

She's late Aquarian so had Uranus pass over her sun that year ... she's just contrarian to get her own way ... she's got mars in aries and libra moon and can't take responsibility for anything ... so desperately always needs someone (or how will decisions ever get made) ... but equally she knows exactly what she wants so she has to manipulate and control to get what she wants without ever being willing to take responsibility for asking ... very sad ...

I'd had uranus pass opposite to my leo stellium in the previous 6months/year and that had brought difficulties with my job and trying to move house but nothing I couldn't handle.

Looking back it should rate as the worst time in my life ... yet actually I never think of it as that bad. I guess I just felt so happy to have got out of that relationship and have my freedom again ...

Thank you for sharing this personal experience! You didn't mention if her Moon and Mars were actually in opposition (quite a temperamental aspect), but either way, that's an interesting example of the potential for passive-aggressiveness in a chart and in the signs that epitomize those extremes.

You have really great perspective on the whole thing. I wonder if by design, people look back on their Uranus transits without the same emotional recall that they would after a heavy Pluto or Saturn transit? It's like the raw emotions of the time sort of evaporate in favor of a more pragmatic and detached view of events (very Aquarian).

Inside Out Orange

Thank you for sharing this personal experience! You didn't mention if her Moon and Mars were actually in opposition (quite a temperamental aspect), but either way, that's an interesting example of the potential for passive-aggressiveness in a chart and in the signs that epitomize those extremes.

They aren't in opposition. Mars just edges into Aries, Moon is in the late half of Libra. I don't have a time of birth but they can't make an opposition aspect.

She's not passive-aggressive; just out and out aggressive.

You have really great perspective on the whole thing. I wonder if by design, people look back on their Uranus transits without the same emotional recall that they would after a heavy Pluto or Saturn transit? It's like the raw emotions of the time sort of evaporate in favor of a more pragmatic and detached view of events (very Aquarian).

Good question. In my own experience it comes down to whether it is an easy or hard aspect. This was a sextile/trine. When I had Pluto trine Leo stellium in 2007 - it went fine. Whereas when I had Neptune opposition last year, or Pluto square leo stellium in 1995 it was much tougher.

I think part of it comes down to what you need to learn and have transformed by the transits. I generally like change (mars in aqua, uranus in libra) - so I tend not to resist it these days; I'm very go with the flow.

ethertwist

I think part of it comes down to what you need to learn and have transformed by the transits. I generally like change (mars in aqua, uranus in libra) - so I tend not to resist it these days; I'm very go with the flow.

I guess that's the crux of all Uranus transits - how willing are we to go with the flow of change. :smile:

MaeMae

Banned
My previous experience is that Uranus transits don't typically leave emotional wakes even though at the time they can be upsetting and disruptive to "the way things have been." He's my Sun's ruler, so that may have some effect on my perspective above. He took me on quite a roller coaster ride when he conjuncted my Venus past few years.

Currently, Uranus is, or soon will be, transiting many points in my chart. Right now, in trine to my Asc, as well as sextiling my Moon (both at 3-4' in Leo and Gemini). It has, and will again, square my Mars at 0' Cancer and will sextile my 6' Aquarius sun. Very definitely feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants as well as encountering some particularly "unusual" people and situations in past several months.

One thing that stands out to me right now, as it transits these points, is that I have been in process of "walking away" from several rut-like situations that haven't been growth producing - a job, a relationship, living situation, as well as friends who have moved or are just too staid for me to deal with any longer. Pretty much all at the same time. Uranus is the apex of my YOD, and houses ruled by YOD planets are 4/11, 6 & 7.

Right now, it's nerve-wracking - looking for new work, new place to live and new relationships/friendships. Likely, Uranus is asking me to change-up the way I've been operating in these areas, though it feels like I'm riding in a convertible through a car wash. But, as is my Uranian experience, once these kinds of things change, I don't tend to look back with sadness or regret. It usually feels pretty liberating and refreshing to be done with stifling situations.

Gwenyhfair

This is just too amazing.

When I had uranus trine asc/sextile Desc I met someone special. It was upsetting and sort of a surprise. I had been single for some years and of course I very much wanted to meet someone. But not that kind of guy. ...

Yet I still am surprised how familiar I feel with this perfect stranger. It definitely has been a bumpy ride. It has been liberating and in many other ways uranian too. He has no planets in aquarius but is very interested in computers and I´m new age. But I have strong uranian chart and mars in aquarius. He is curious abut new age but has difficulties in accepting cause he has been brought up it is mumbo-jumbo and non scientific.

If anybody asked me now I´d definitely say: uranus transits to asc/desc means meeting a person that is different from what you expected. And that you´ll be surprised how opposites attract, or how differencies blend together well. And you will meet on the net :biggrin:

He upsets me every now and then but to my big surprise I am tolerant.