quitting smoking and astrology

pudinnpop

Im wondering what astrological signs and or transits are good for trying to quit smoking if any? Im guessing moon would play a part of it since smoking is part of an emotional experience...maybe saturn too help quit??

Any guesses??

Neptune Rising

I gave up around the time of my solar return, which was also a solar eclipse last year! I'd tried so many times, tried patches but they gave me odd dreams. I gave up last Jan just like that, I suddenly had a fresh outlook on life and a strong determination to be healthier in all ways.

The only other major transits were Uranus which was squaring my Mars and sextiling my Sun. Neptune, Jupiter and Chiron were also sextile my Mars. This may have helped with my motivation (Mars), healing it.

Looking back to the progressions, my progressed Moon was trine my natal Mercury/Venus. Venus rules my 6th house and sits in my 2nd house, Moon could have been highlighting my health issues (6th) and sense of self worth (2nd).

Transiting Mars was also opposing my natal Venus/Mercury going through my 8th house of transforation. This could have given me the drive to transform myself (8th house) which would affect my health (Venus ruling 6th house).

For general transits, I can guess maybe Saturn would make things concrete, consolidating the idea to quit. Uranus could help you break free from the bonds of the addiction. Jupiter could give you the optimism and expansion to see beyond the smokes. Mars to give you added drive, maybe going through 6th house, 8th house, 12th house...?

divine g

Banned
Puddinpop,

A Pluto transit can help eliminate it forever. Especially when Pluto conjuncts your Sun or Moon. If it's passing through your 6th house of health, or aspecting your Chiron, that can help too.

I quit pretty easily as Pluto transited my natal 6th house moon. Pluto can help eliminate a lot of habits for good with this transit. It's all in the mind. I recommend Self-Hypnosis, to trick your inner voice to stop suggesting you to smoke by telling it to shut up. It worked for me :)

pudinnpop

I have had pluto transiting m 6th house for a few years already and its conjunct my natal mars which is part of a tsquare...

Ill look out for any of the "trigger" tranits and hopefully i can quit..If anything my smokin has inreased dramatically over the last 2 years..Im a pack a day smoker...Thats up from half a pack!!! M nerves and fears have amplified over the last few years and now im tryin to get healthier..And quitting smokin is a part of that!!

Thanks for the responses!!:love:

tikana

hey Puddie

look at uranus/asce aspects
or

take a calculator

multiply how many packs you buy each week x 4 x the price then x 12 (months)
then look at the total and ask yourself "what would I have done with all this money?"

T

Last edited:

divine g

Banned
Puddinpop, what other planets are involved in the T-square?

Pluto conjunct Mars is a bit different from the moon, as these are 2 masculine, malefics joining up. Pluto is so obsessive, I think the only way to beat this addiction is to replace it with another. Mars rules exercise and physical activity so that could be one of the best things to help. Take up aerobics, or whatever you're into.. try kickboxing if you have to, bc it seems you have a lot of excess energy that needs to be released. Maybe there are some unresolved anger issues? Pluto transiting Mars can create some intense anger, and in your 6th, it's almost on a daily basis. I can empathize.

Best advice, kick and punch it out! That should burn off the excess negative energy. Also, take 3 deep breaths whenever you get angry. You may even be addicted to the habit of putting the cig to your mouth, and it's just a nervous habit. Try chewing on something else, toothpick, straw, etc. It's all about re-programming your automatic response to stress, that's why I highly recommend hypnotherapy.

Good news is, the physical addiction can be kicked in 3 days, and your body wont be addicted to nicotine any more. After that, it's all psychological!

Last edited:

bittermoon

I just looked at my chart for the date I quit, over 7 months ago. Don't see anything really that could have had anything to do with it so can't tell you anything astrologically.

My experience: quitting will be a lot easier if you really want to quit. For you. Not because your boyfriend/husband/friends are nagging you. I bought a box of patches to take the edge off the first few days (I tried without and got physically ill; dizzy, headaches and flu like symptoms). I did a few stop smoking hypno sessions. I believe this really worked. There is a hypnotherapist on this forum. I am sure he wouldn't mind you contacting him.

ptolomy

I recommend catching the flu,surprising how often a bad thing can become a good thing.I gave up smoking when i got serious flu for a week.smoking was the last thing i wanted to do.And i never went back to the awful **** stuff.Wish i hadnt been so naive when i was young to think sticking that **** in my face was cool.Infact i think having permanent flu is almost preferable to being a smoker......almost:)

pudinnpop

Puddinpop, what other planets are involved in the T-square?

Pluto conjunct Mars is a bit different from the moon, as these are 2 masculine, malefics joining up. Pluto is so obsessive, I think the only way to beat this addiction is to replace it with another. Mars rules exercise and physical activity so that could be one of the best things to help. Take up aerobics, or whatever you're into.. try kickboxing if you have to, bc it seems you have a lot of excess energy that needs to be released. Maybe there are some unresolved anger issues? Pluto transiting Mars can create some intense anger, and in your 6th, it's almost on a daily basis. I can empathize.

Best advice, kick and punch it out! That should burn off the excess negative energy. Also, take 3 deep breaths whenever you get angry. You may even be addicted to the habit of putting the cig to your mouth, and it's just a nervous habit. Try chewing on something else, toothpick, straw, etc. It's all about re-programming your automatic response to stress, that's why I highly recommend hypnotherapy.

Good news is, the physical addiction can be kicked in 3 days, and your body wont be addicted to nicotine any more. After that, it's all psychological!

mars,moon,pluto....Pluto in 3rd,mars in 6th,moon in 12th EW EW EW!!!

Lost_spirit

My experience: quitting will be a lot easier if you really want to quit. For you. Not because your boyfriend/husband/friends are nagging you.

I couldn't agree more.I once quit for a month,cold turkey method. But then I realized I didn't really want to quit,and even though I didn't miss it at all,I decided I should start smoking again.I just ruined what could have been a succesfull quiting period for me,because I hated myself as a non-smoker.I was a different person,in a bad way.But what do I know,I was a passive smoker since I was in the womb,this thing is running on my blood since..forever.

Ransford

Smoking is behavioral in nature. A cigarette gives you a two minute fix of dopamine (brain chemical that feels good) combined with 48 hours of an agitated nervous system. Try cognitive behavioral therapies or CBT. CBT is effective for the treatment of a variety of problems, including mood, anxiety, personality, eating, and substance abuse.

jhoston

That's not much essential that if your star indicate the bad one sign than you quit smoking but by thinking of your own health you will leave it soon as possible.. I think that this is much better one to stay fit and healthy one...

E

eternalautumn

I quit June 15. Lasted until July 13. Haven't looked at the stars; feel free to for me, though.

Pudinn, you're still very pretty. Good luck girl!