Does anyone find Scorpios attractive?

conspiracy theorist

Before marriage, I dated more than a few sags, I tend to enjoy their company. But being that close, I got to see all aspects of their personality including the depressed/miserable side. As much as I enjoy reading books and doing Astro examinations, I prefer to actually mingle with the different personalities, even drawing up their chart (if their mothers even remember their birthtime). That said, I tend to talk on experience and ask others of their personal experience. Pluto isn't that powerful when you speak of it as purely a generational planet like "Pluto in Scorpio" but it is quite powerful when making aspects to a natives personal planets.

In regards to: if that is the extent of aspects influence. Of course not, what do you want me to write you a thesis, body and conclusion??? Lol. We were speaking about the aspect in regards to being able to sense a vibe. As for your friends,

What you described with the pluto aspects wasn't "vibe" but behaviours replete with motives underlying them. That's much more than a simple impression.

But apart from that; I'm the same, I tend to use what I know as a jump off when interacting with people in everyday life. That's why I don't care for most of the generalizations (you must have noticed this by now).

I can't and will not speak on them as that is your personal experience with them BUT neurotic is a bit extreme to describe the pure essence of sag energy...Never experienced a neurotic sag.

And that's what I am driving at. Absolutely no human is a pure essence of a sign yet this is the way they are spoken about in these types of threads. The neurotic Saggies I knew had the other two adjacent signs active within there chart. One had a stressed Virgo Moon which see took more to than any of her sag placements. One had a tight Sun/Pluto conjunction and she loved her edginess I could tell you that.

It's overstated, but I prefer to see the whole chart before I make astrological proclamations.

SunRising

What you described with the pluto aspects wasn't "vibe" but behaviours replete with motives underlying them. That's much more than a simple impression.

But apart from that; I'm the same, I tend to use what I know as a jump off when interacting with people in everyday life. That's why I don't care for most of the generalizations (you must have noticed this by now).

And that's what I am driving at. Absolutely no human is a pure essence of a sign yet this is the way they are spoken about in these types of threads. The neurotic Saggies I knew had the other two adjacent signs active within there chart. One had a stressed Virgo Moon which see took more to than any of her sag placements. One had a tight Sun/Pluto conjunction and she loved her edginess I could tell you that.

It's overstated, but I prefer to see the whole chart before I make astrological proclamations.
Oh that is absolutely right, there is NO ONE with the pure essence of a single sign but if you do not have a whole chart one needs to be flexible and use the pure essence of the sign, planetary energy, the house it is in and the aspects that they make (amongst other things). If you can only go off of sun signs then that energy must be considered. I tend to get along with certain sun signs and not with others (or I would say maybe 1 other). There is a reason for that, although having the whole chart will tell the whole picture. BTW I love sags and scorps for different reasons and energies they emit. That is not an accident.

conspiracy theorist

Oh that is absolutely right, there is NO ONE with the pure essence of a single sign but if you do not have a whole chart one needs to be flexible and use the pure essence of the sign, planetary energy, the house it is in and the aspects that they make (amongst other things). If you can only go off of sun signs then that energy must be considered. I tend to get along with certain sun signs and not with others (or I would say maybe 1 other). There is a reason for that, although having the whole chart will tell the whole picture. BTW I love sags and scorps for different reasons and energies they emit. That is not an accident.

One point of disagreement is our points of departure... you take the Sun (and most do these days) as sufficient to get a "broadstrokes" brush of the person. I'm not inclined to do so, for one, because there are many unique characters within the month the sun is in a sign. For another, it encourages lazy/biased thinking as persons would place you into a certain schema and expect certain behaviours from you as a result of your "zodiac sign". People then mistake isolated attributes as evidence that someone is a "specific sign". I run a little test when people ask me my birthday; I often just say November and if they are into astrology, more often than not I'm pegged for a Scorpio. I correct them while smirking internally.

So, I observe a cluster of behaviours, then I make "best fit" aspects/possible signs/moon signs etc. Not run with the sun sign as the template. I'm never surprised with what I see when (if) I do the chart of the person.

SunRising

One point of disagreement is our points of departure... you take the Sun (and most do these days) as sufficient to get a "broadstrokes" brush of the person. I'm not inclined to do so, for one, because there are many unique characters within the month the sun is in a sign. For another, it encourages lazy/biased thinking as persons would place you into a certain schema and expect certain behaviours from you as a result of your "zodiac sign". People then mistake isolated attributes as evidence that someone is a "specific sign". I run a little test when people ask me my birthday; I often just say November and if they are into astrology, more often than not I'm pegged for a Scorpio. I correct them while smirking internally.

So, I observe a cluster of behaviours, then I make "best fit" aspects/possible signs/moon signs etc. Not run with the sun sign as the template. I'm never surprised with what I see when (if) I do the chart of the person.

Your disagreement stems from your lack of understanding what I am saying. You say I use the sun sign as a "broad strokes", I wouldn't not word it as such cause that just gives an impartial view of how I take the sun sign. My point, is that if all you have to go in is the sun sign then you can draw a general energy of what that sign represents. Now if you have the whole chart you can delve deeper but if a person only has the sun sign I will give them a descript and in the same breath tell them you won't get a full picture without the full chart which I have said on this very post in this forum and on other post (Read back). Keep in mind the sun is a very important luminary into who we are, so the energy that it emits is something I choose not to ignore.

conspiracy theorist

Your disagreement stems from your lack of understanding what I am saying. You say I use the sun sign as a "broad strokes", I wouldn't not word it as such cause that just gives an impartial view of how I take the sun sign. My point, is that if all you have to go in is the sun sign then you can draw a general energy of what that sign represents. Now if you have the whole chart you can delve deeper but if a person only has the sun sign I will give them a descript and in the same breath tell them you won't get a full picture without the full chart which I have said on this very post in this forum and on other post (Read back). Keep in mind the sun is a very important luminary into who we are, so the energy that it emits is something I choose not to ignore.

Well, you're talking about a different context aren't you? Your talking about consultation (give them a descript) while I'm talking about navigating in the outside world and "classifying" people astrologically (which tbh I don't do that much). Our disagreement about the sun signs importance (I don't discount it's significance but not nearly to the level that most contemporaries do) stems from where we draw our influences from. I take more to the arabic/hellenistic side of things where teh Sun wasn't all that important in character description, while yours seems to be the more mainstream orientation to astrology. Mine gets me results when I read charts for people, and perhaps yours does for you too. At the end of the day, that's what it would have to boil down to (the results)

sibylline

As in the scorpio sun can easily hide what there motives are (poker face) better than a scorpio moon that exudes that motive and will express it regardless of how it will change the mood of the environment.

Scorpio sun: will acknowledge the perceive slight and file it in a cabinet "will get vengeance later". Energy is not detected until vengeance is activated.
Scorpio Moon: Will acknowledge the perceive slight and stew on it until vengeance is activated. They think they are hiding it but it is felt from those that are around them.

Sometimes I wonder what kind of nicey nice, calm and collected Scorpio Suns people meet because some of the ones I've met live up to every stereotype and no, they don't hide their anger well. Scorp Moon hides their feelings better, because that is the natural tendency -- to bury the emotions. Their emotions will be more obvious to people closer to them because then they don't feel the need to hide.

I'm beginning to understand why the Scorp Sun and I don't see eye to eye as often, and I believe it's the same issue that arises with Leo Mars -- the ego aligned with the will. These two positions have the largest egos. I think Aries Sun and Jupiter/Sun can match up, but the former depends on what else is going on. Scorpio Moon absolutely can be vengeful and stew in their emotions but we can get along better because I understand someone's feelings being hurt and them acting out because of hurt feelings. Someone's ego is bruised or they are "disrespected" and they go on a vengeance trip? It's just a little too much.

craft94

Well, you're talking about a different context aren't you? Your talking about consultation (give them a descript) while I'm talking about navigating in the outside world and "classifying" people astrologically (which tbh I don't do that much). Our disagreement about the sun signs importance (I don't discount it's significance but not nearly to the level that most contemporaries do) stems from where we draw our influences from. I take more to the arabic/hellenistic side of things where teh Sun wasn't all that important in character description, while yours seems to be the more mainstream orientation to astrology. Mine gets me results when I read charts for people, and perhaps yours does for you too. At the end of the day, that's what it would have to boil down to (the results)

I put SunRising on my ignore lists. Everything I see from him is a quote by CT but even that is enough to annoy me. LOL

Response to your quote:
You characterize me as someone I'm not just from knowing I'm a Libra lmfao and then you use it against me that I say I care what certain individuals think and don't care what other individuals think, as if that were such a complicated concept. It's not contradictory or indecisive. It's common sense.

craft94

Sometimes I wonder what kind of nicey nice, calm and collected Scorpio Suns people meet because some of the ones I've met live up to every stereotype and no, they don't hide their anger well. Scorp Moon hides their feelings better, because that is the natural tendency -- to bury the emotions. Their emotions will be more obvious to people closer to them because then they don't feel the need to hide.

I'm beginning to understand why the Scorp Sun and I don't see eye to eye as often, and I believe it's the same issue that arises with Leo Mars -- the ego aligned with the will. These two positions have the largest egos. I think Aries Sun and Jupiter/Sun can match up, but the former depends on what else is going on. Scorpio Moon absolutely can be vengeful and stew in their emotions but we can get along better because I understand someone's feelings being hurt and them acting out because of hurt feelings. Someone's ego is bruised or they are "disrespected" and they go on a vengeance trip? It's just a little too much.

Scorpio Moon, in my experience, is actually terrible at hiding their emotions but they try to. They don't talk about their emotions. Instead they act all weird and withdrawn and you can obviously tell they're upset, you pick up on their emotions like a sponge but they keep insisting that they're "fine." Of course, I'm referring to specific individuals who I'm close to, this won't apply to everyone.

SunRising

Precisely, ancient Egypt or kemet considered the sun to be of the utmost importance which is why I feel it is a luminary not to be ignored. However you get your results is "blah" to me as long as you are getting said results. I do not judge others methods as I respect variety. FYI, I am not just solely talking consultation, I am also including when friends and associates ask me about astrology that do not know about astrology. I start with their sun and ask them for their details later. I get a lot of dating questions so if someone tells me they met a Gemini I will describe to them the essence of gemini than ask if they can obtain their dob, time and place of birth. I will not say, "I cannot tell you about the sun cause I need the whole chart". Anyway, I am sure by now you get my gist.

conspiracy theorist

Precisely, ancient Egypt or kemet considered the sun to be of the utmost importance which is why I feel it is a luminary not to be ignored. However you get your results is "blah" to me as long as you are getting said results. I do not judge others methods as I respect variety. FYI, I am not just solely talking consultation, I am also including when friends and associates ask me about astrology that do not know about astrology. I start with their sun and ask them for their details later. I get a lot of dating questions so if someone tells me they met a Gemini I will describe to them the essence of gemini than ask if they can obtain their dob, time and place of birth. I will not say, "I cannot tell you about the sun cause I need the whole chart". Anyway, I am sure by now you get my gist.

I got your gist a long time ago. And I've stated that's not how I do things (and the reasons why). I'm not advocating that you convert to my way, but more so to inform you as to why I don't do things that way and how that orientation is why this (joke) thread exists in the first place. I also wanted to pick your brain as you were up to explaining why you do astrology the way you do (when I'm learning I ask pointed questions and try to poke holds in what people say). I still find your approach (the modern) approach wanting but you did give reasonable enough views as to why you do the things you do. That's sufficient for me.

SunRising

I put SunRising on my ignore lists. Everything I see from him is a quote by CT but even that is enough to annoy me. LOL

Response to your quote:
You characterize me as someone I'm not just from knowing I'm a Libra lmfao and then you use it against me that I say I care what certain individuals think and don't care what other individuals think, as if that were such a complicated concept. It's not contradictory or indecisive. It's common sense.

Good job ignoring me, since every chance you get you reply to me. You are so insignificant your split mind can't even comprehend. Your desperation for attention oozes from you. From you seeking validation to you putting yourself out there as someone that twerks and is good at sex because you have 8th house planets...Tres tres Desperado. I don't read cafe astrology other than to draw up a chart...But you do and it's clear. Delve deep hun and heal yourself. Your desperation is pitiful. Oh yeah, you can go back to 'ignoring' me now.

Last edited:

sylph

I have a genuine question for those who have said that Scorpio is boring/unremarkable; I'm not saying that I disagree, but I would like to hear why you feel this way. I think I have a similar opinion, but I wouldn't necessarily use the words "boring" or "unremarkable." Mainly I feel like the energy they exude can get old, annoying or tiring after a while. Of course, that's to be expected since they're fixed water.

And I'll assume we're talking about Scorpio Sun here as well. Just gotta get clear on this one because I know there's gonna be some confusion lulz :rolleyes:

SunRising

See that's the energy I get from scorpio moon, they think there emotions are hidden but it is felt loud and clear. When they are happy it's all good, but when they arent that energy is like the darkest cloud. The cloud doesn't disippate til they get some kind of retribution.

sibylline

Scorpio Moon, in my experience, is actually terrible at hiding their emotions but they try to. They don't talk about their emotions. Instead they act all weird and withdrawn and you can obviously tell they're upset, you pick up on their emotions like a sponge but they keep insisting that they're "fine." Of course, I'm referring to specific individuals who I'm close to, this won't apply to everyone.

That applies to the ones I know who have watery charts or Moon prominent but others not so much. I pretty much spend every waking moment with a Scorpio Moon between my boyfriend, my new closest friend, and a coworker. My friend fits your description, the other two no one suspects they feel anything.