Donald Trump and Jeb Bush - a typical Leo/Virgo clash

muchacho

I usually don't comment on politics, but I think we've got two textbook cases here. I was watching the presidential debates and some talks lately and couldn't help but notice that Donald Trump seemed to be in his element but Jeb Bush more like a fish out of water. The Donald Trump/Jeb Bush relationship is an interesting one, the body language alone speaks volumes...

donald-trump-l-talks-with-fellow-candidate-and-former-jeb-bush-during-a-commercial-break-at-the-first-official-republican-presidential-candidates-debate-of-the-2016-us-presidential-campaign-in-cleveland-ohio-august-6-2015-reutersbrian-snyder.jpg

... and when we look at their charts, we can see clearly why things have been unfolding the way they have. It's no surprise that Trump is popular and Bush isn't. It's also no surprise that they have problems with each others style and manners and more or less annoy each other. Just take a look at their synastry chart:

Trump, with Leo rising (plus Mars and Pluto!) and a 11th House Sun is clearly in his element when he can talk to large groups of people about himself, his accomplishments and his great ideas and future projects. So I guess that those events are highly energizing to him. He's there because he wants to.

Bush, however, with Virgo rising and a 6th House Sun is not comfortable being in the spotlight and talking to large groups of people about himself and his ideas. Which is why he comes across as a little tense and almost timid (especially in Trump's presence). He'd probably prefer to stay in the background. So I guess those events are very stressful to him. He's there because he has to.

Another aspect is how both try to get their point across and defeat their opponents. Trump, the Leo rising with his Mars in the 1st House in Leo prefers quick direct attacks and tends to just steamroll his opponents with grand gestures and words, something Bush, a Virgo rising with Mars in the 8th, can't really deal with in a debate scenario because he's not so quick, he needs time to think and only then retaliates. But time is a scarce resource in a debate. And so it looks like, or at least that's what it looked like to me, that Trump just steamrolled ahead over the stunned and puzzled Bush who was probably shocked about Trump's style and manners.

I'd say, it's already hard to compete with a Leo rising on the campaign trail for any other of the more outgoing signs, but for a Virgo, it must feel like an impossible task because that's not the Virgo's natural turf. That's the Leo's natural turf.

And it's also no surprise that Trump called Bush a low energy person, because that's how a Virgo looks like from the vantage point of a Leo. The Leo is full of energy and projects and likes to initiate, delegate and thinks big and does things off the cuff and leaves the details to others while the Virgo in his over-realistic approach likes to take his time and look at all the details first and only then, after a thorough analysis, draws his conclusions. So to the Leo the Virgo looks like a small minded party pooper who is just trying to rain on the Leo's parade for no good reason while to the Virgo the Leo looks like a phony big mouth who doesn't have his facts together and is just blowing hot air all day (and he's probably wondering why people fall for the Leo talk all the time...)

There's much more to say but I don't have time for that now. It's just something so obvious that I've noticed and wanted to share. It's funny to watch if you know a little about astrology. It makes them kinda predictable even though Trump wants to purposefully stay unpredictable. Well, tough luck! :cool:

Attachments

• astro_donald_trump_jeb_bush.jpg
    astro_donald_trump_jeb_bush.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

junoisuppose

It's interesting that Trump's sun is on Jeb's MC - Trump's self-promotion and performing in the spotlight getting in the way of Jeb's career aims. On the other hand this position also means that Trump's gemini verbal ability is something Jeb needs to learn in order to make progress with his public persona, so not all bad for Jeb to be up against him. & interesting that Trump's mercury is in Cancer - that's where all the conservative anti-immigration talk comes from. Jeb's no pushover though, mercury in pisces might be a detriment to him verbally, but he has mars in aries. Plus he has moon in Capricorn, he's a much more serious contender that Mr Buffoonary Trump.
I'm not American so I can't vote, but if I could it would be for Hilary anyway.

muchacho

It's interesting that Trump's sun is on Jeb's MC - Trump's self-promotion and performing in the spotlight getting in the way of Jeb's career aims. On the other hand this position also means that Trump's gemini verbal ability is something Jeb needs to learn in order to make progress with his public persona, so not all bad for Jeb to be up against him. & interesting that Trump's mercury is in Cancer - that's where all the conservative anti-immigration talk comes from. Jeb's no pushover though, mercury in pisces might be a detriment to him verbally, but he has mars in aries. Plus he has moon in Capricorn, he's a much more serious contender that Mr Buffoonary Trump.
I'm not American so I can't vote, but if I could it would be for Hilary anyway.
Exactly! Trump's ambitions have a direct impact on Jeb's career.

A short update:

Trump: 36.5%
Bush: 4.2%

Also, Jeb Bush recently said that he "hated being the front-runner" and the center of attention - which is a typical Virgo statement again. And what you hear Donald Trump saying is that he's "loving it" and that he's "having a lot of fun" speaking in front of thousands of people and being the center of attention - which is a typical Leo statement again.

Conclusion, so far everything goes exactly as predicted (astrologically speaking).

katydid

Also, Jeb has Moon in Cap with Saturn squaring it from Libra. And his own Mother publicly declared it would be a big mistake for Jeb to run for POTUS. His political family is supposed to be an advantage but it appears they are really a disadvantage in many ways.

Having an Aquarius Sun in the 6th is not a good fit for a very high profile campaign. He was a very good governor, apparently. I think his mental acuity and good judgment and fairness was given a chance to shine through. But the torrential Chaos and huge spotlight that Trump brings to the campaign trail is a bit much for a 6th house Aquarian who would rather discuss policy issues than stand up in front of a crowd of screaming reporters.

muchacho

Having an Aquarius Sun in the 6th is not a good fit for a very high profile campaign.
Exactly right. Standing in the limelight all the time is the last thing a Virgo rising or 6th House Sun wants. It's very uncomfortable for them. Which means there's a real possibility that he could actually consciously or unconsciously self-sabotage his campaign in some way so that he can fade back into the background again where he feels naturally more comfortable.