Career in Entertainment or Medicine?

I take an interest in both music/acting/performing and medicine. I have a strong passion for music, but always treated it as more of a hobby. I am in college now studying pre-medicine and am very interested in all aspects of medicine, mostly psychology and surgery. However, part of me has begun to wonder if I should pursue the music more seriously. I really enjoy it, but I'm torn between two things I love. Can anyone see the potential for me to succeed as a performer? Or alternatively, in a career as a surgeon?

I would really appreciate any feedback that can be given.:)

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
psychology and surgery, to Mystic

Mystic,

You have a least aspected Jupiter (expansion) focused in the 5th house (self-expression, also performing arts), so you do not "connect in" to performing. As a result you may OVERdo performing in an effort to "feel" performing energy. However, the 5th house only has one planet in it, so it isn't naturally a strong focus for you.

You have a Talent Triangle focused on Scorpio (transformation, also healing, psychology) modifying Pluto (transformation, also healing, psychology) focused in the 12th house (anciently associated with hospitals). This Talent Triangle includes Neptune (ruler of the 12th house). So hospitals, psychology, and surgery are a good bet for you.

However, since your chart is focused on the bottom (inner world) left (self) part of the chart, whatever you do as a career will have to help you connect inward to yourself in some way. As a result, you may lean more toward psychology, since that is more of an "inward" science.

Careering,

Tim

tricky raven

I agree wholeheartedly with wilsontc. I also see your hobby with music as an outlet to rejuvenate yourself from the deep analysis of psychology and medicine. It will allow you to nuture your inner life as well as giving yourself some creative freedom.

Thanks for your replies! :) I figured that medicine might be a better choice because of those 12th house placements connected to Neptune and the MC. However, doesn't the fact that Jupiter is a singleton give it MORE power somehow or am I mistaken about that? Also, how might the Mars/Jupiter quincunx play into this?