The Raj

greybeard

A dozen years ago, before I discovered Astrologer's Community, I was in an astrology chat room and bumped into this young man from India.

https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi...tw&sday=5&smon=10&syr=2018&hsy=0&prmth=0&rs=0

OK...the url works and the chart shows. You will need to see the chart to follow what's said here.
Data is:
Male
2 August 1982
Lucknow, India

This is a close reproduction of the actual chart, from memory. It's what I was looking at back then....

So... the young man and I chatted, and then he asked me to look at his chart. He had a question about his latest guru.

So I told him: "You have exceptionally strong and important ties with your family. The family is first in your life." or something like that. Venus is in High Focus in this chart (leading planet of Bowl plus her striking position at the Asc.)

I based that statement primarily on Venus in Cancer. Tightly conjunct both the Ascendant and the North Node, it seemed to me the hand of destiny was at play here. Further, the House Stellium of four planets supported this statement, as well as Venus' rulership of 4th house.

We notice that the chart is a classical Bowl pattern. Bowl patterns tend to the conservative side, and often Preserve or Conserve something. The focal point of the chart (point focus Saturn) is in the 4th: Family, and also Inheritance.

I then told him that he was "independently wealthy". What did I base this statement on? Generally speaking, wealth brings "personal liberty" in its wake. Money allows us freedom. But in this case I told him that his personal liberty was limited, constrained. He flatly denied the two statements, said he was not wealthy and was free to do anything he wished. Hmmmm.

I thought to myself that his claims and the claims of the chart did not correspond, and I tend to trust the chart more. Charts have nothing to gain by lying; people do.

After we closed our conversation I went over the chart more thoroughly. I was convinced I was reading it right. So I wrote the young man a letter. The last line of the letter was: "This is the chart of a Raj (Prince)."

A couple of months went by, and we bumped into each other. He had forgotten what was said 2 months earlier. Today he complained how his father had sent him out of town to administer several thousand acres of farmland.......! Case closed.

Within the past week I noticed someone on this forum saying that "predictions can't be made from natal charts." Poppycock. Natal charts, their interpretations, are inherently predictive.

Anyway... What did I base those statements on? A little challenge in chart reading for you. Test yourself, grow your skills.

I mentioned that we have a Bowl pattern here. All planets Below the Horizon. Fourth House stellium (It's a stellium by house, but not by sign. I require at least 4 planets in the same sign for a sign stellium). Notice the triple mutual disposition, or receptions. Venus, Saturn, Moon, Venus, Saturn... Saturn exalted at the focus of the Cardinal T-square, with a preponderance of Cardinality (5 planets in one Quality).

Duty, responsibility, obligation...all emphasized. Saturn rules the 8th (inheritance) and is in a house of inheritance. The preserving, conserving nature of the Bowl. Fourth house, lands, estates and inheritance. Now we know what his duty is to be.

Transiting Saturn had passed over his radical Sun within the year of our second encounter, and he was complaining how Dad was cracking the whip, insisting that it was time for the young man to grow up, to plant his feet on the earth. It was time to go to work, fulfill his destiny. Junior would rather have been sitting at the feet of his guru; but sadly for him his personal liberty was quite constrained.

Clue to the "independently wealthy" prediction is the Sun. I would not have read this same placement in the same way in some other chart, but in my estimation this chart called for that reading.

The nodal axis lies right on the horizon. Something special is going on. Venus is super-emphasized. Exactly conjunct the Asc, with that node right there. Leading planet of the Bowl, giving her superlative power in the chart anyway. She's in Cancer, so these "strong ties to the family" that are typical of the placement are elevated to something more. They become a controlling energy in the life.

Anyway, the chart was fun and interesting to read and even more so when the Prince tried to disguise himself as a Frog.

Perhaps someone can guide me in posting the chart here? Thanks.

Last edited: