Help understanding my Mars

aldebaran

I wanted to figure out better the energy of my Mars.

It's in 29'47 Gemini, in conjunct with Chiron in 3' Cancer, square Pallas in Pisces orb 2', opposite Uranus in Capricorn orb 5', trine Ascendant(Scorpio) orb 1,5'

I also have Jupiter in 9' Gemini.

I feel acting much by movement and words. I tend to act fast, and sometimes so fast that I get distracted of what I'm doing.
This seem to me Mars in Gemini, but once I have Jupiter also in Gemini I found difficult to differentiate the energy of one and another..

Sometimes I also feel like I have some Mars in Cancer, I don't know if because of the conjunct with Chiron (Planet which energy I could never quite understand), if by proximity with the Cusp, if because of opposite Uranus - and Moon in Aquarius -, or if just by the square between Moon and Sun (and I would be confusing Sun and Mars energy)

I tend to heavily avoid confrontations, and more to escape aggressive situations than even being passive-aggressive - like the descriptions of Mars in Cancer.
I can also be very expressive, with words, when I'm very emotive - and anger makes me feel I don't have so much control over myself - I prefer to avoid it - and I can't measure how "normal" is that or if indicates a relation between Cancer and Mars.

Any advice?

JUPITERASC

I wanted to figure out better the energy of my Mars.

It's in 29'47 Gemini, in conjunct with Chiron in 3' Cancer, square Pallas in Pisces orb 2', opposite Uranus in Capricorn orb 5', trine Ascendant(Scorpio) orb 1,5'

I also have Jupiter in 9' Gemini.

I feel acting much by movement and words. I tend to act fast, and sometimes so fast that I get distracted of what I'm doing.
This seem to me Mars in Gemini, but once I have Jupiter also in Gemini I found difficult to differentiate the energy of one and another..

Sometimes I also feel like I have some Mars in Cancer, I don't know if because of the conjunct with Chiron (Planet which energy I could never quite understand), if by proximity with the Cusp, if because of opposite Uranus - and Moon in Aquarius -, or if just by the square between Moon and Sun (and I would be confusing Sun and Mars energy)

I tend to heavily avoid confrontations, and more to escape aggressive situations than even being passive-aggressive - like the descriptions of Mars in Cancer.
I can also be very expressive, with words, when I'm very emotive - and anger makes me feel I don't have so much control over myself - I prefer to avoid it - and I can't measure how "normal" is that or if indicates a relation between Cancer and Mars.

Any advice?
You have posted your question on the READ MY CHART board :smile:
where it is customary to view the natal chart in question
in order to read it so the following link gives instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

dr. farr

A couple of delineatrive suggestions regarding natal Mars:
-is it within 1 degree Parallel of declination with any other planet? If so, that would be = to a close conjunction of Mars with that planet
-is Mars within 2 degrees of conjunction with any star? If so, the nature of that star would sigificantly modify the Mars expression in the natal chart (same if Mars is within 1 degree of parallel of declination with a star)
-Mars is disposited by Mercury (ruler of Gemini)-pay special attention to any aspectual relationship between Mars and Mercury, since Mercury disposits Mars and the general condition of Mercury itself in the chart, would have a sigificantly modifying potential influence upon Mars (since Mercury disposits Mars)
-what planet is immediately ahead of Mars in the chart, and what planet is immediately behind Mars in the chart? These 2 planets "intercept" Mars, and have a modifying influence upon the expression of Mars in the chart EVEN IF NO ASPECT EXISTS BETWEEN THESE PLANETS AND MARS: they affect the Mars expression in the chart by virtue of intercepting Mars.
-from what you have said in your post, it seems that the close opposition of Mars to Uranus is an important influence upon the Mars expression in your chart: with the difficult relationship of Mars to the ultra-explosive Uranus, you perhaps are instinctively ("automatically") repressing a fuller Mars potential (in a positive sense) in avoidance of chancing the activation of an explosive Mars/Uranus potential as indicated by the Mars opposition Uranus aspect.

obsidianmineral

A couple of delineatrive suggestions regarding natal Mars:
-is it within 1 degree Parallel of declination with any other planet? If so, that would be = to a close conjunction of Mars with that planet
-is Mars within 2 degrees of conjunction with any star? If so, the nature of that star would sigificantly modify the Mars expression in the natal chart (same if Mars is within 1 degree of parallel of declination with a star)
-Mars is disposited by Mercury (ruler of Gemini)-pay special attention to any aspectual relationship between Mars and Mercury, since Mercury disposits Mars and the general condition of Mercury itself in the chart, would have a sigificantly modifying potential influence upon Mars (since Mercury disposits Mars)
-what planet is immediately ahead of Mars in the chart, and what planet is immediately behind Mars in the chart? These 2 planets "intercept" Mars, and have a modifying influence upon the expression of Mars in the chart EVEN IF NO ASPECT EXISTS BETWEEN THESE PLANETS AND MARS: they affect the Mars expression in the chart by virtue of intercepting Mars.
-from what you have said in your post, it seems that the close opposition of Mars to Uranus is an important influence upon the Mars expression in your chart: with the difficult relationship of Mars to the ultra-explosive Uranus, you perhaps are instinctively ("automatically") repressing a fuller Mars potential (in a positive sense) in avoidance of chancing the activation of an explosive Mars/Uranus potential as indicated by the Mars opposition Uranus aspect.

I'm sorry if I keep asking you things, but I wanted to know why is it that in astrology the dispositor changes how a planet expresses itself. Let's say a Sun in Aries is disposited by a Mars in Scorpio. How does that change the way the Sun works?

dr. farr

Dispositor's don't change (fundamentally change) the basics of a planet-Mars will always have its basic Mars pattern; but there is a hierarchy of energy interconnections and these energy interconnections MODIFY (or COLOR) the PARTICULAR EXPRESSION of a planet's total energy pattern WITHIN THE SPECIFIC CONTEXT OF A GIVEN CHART; thus the dispositor of the energies of a sign in which a planet is posited has the hierarchical "high ground" (energy wise) to color and modify the expression of the planet under its "aegis" (posited in that sign); along this same line, the specific situation of that dispositor ITSELF in the chart (within the web of energy interconnections in that chart) will modify in turn the potential for that dispositor to modify the expression of the energies of the planet it itself disposits...

JUPITERASC

I'm sorry if I keep asking you things, but I wanted to know why is it that in astrology
the dispositor changes how a planet expresses itself.
Let's say a Sun in Aries is disposited by a Mars in Scorpio.
How does that change the way the Sun works?
It's not just the dispositor of the SIGN, but also the House location of dispositor
as well as aspects of that dispositor
that influence the astrological picture
because

basically
A PLANET acts

A HOUSE shows the area of life
in which the planet acts

as well as
how strongly the planet can act

houses-labeled.gif

the
n also the
quality of the planet's expression
is influenced by the SIGN location of the PLANET

the TWELVE SIGNS PROVIDE

12 basic 'backdrops' to the theatre or movie of a natal chart

Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces

wheel-layers-3d.jpg

and then

Each of those 12 'backdrops' - dependent on time of birth -
is pinned as an individual 'background or cusp'
on each of the 12 basic 'scenes' aka 'houses'

Scenes often 'merge' when planets in each others houses influence the 'script' :smile:

aldebaran

Thank you, I'm glad with the answers you already gave me. I found some things about them which made me meditate, so I'll come back later to write.

Jupiterasc, Thank you for the instructions about the images, I suppose I'm perhaps a little shy to post my full map.

Dr Farr, I would like to ask you which kind of influence does intercept make? It could be compared perhaps with any of the aspects? Asteroids doesn't count as next/before planet, right? My next planet is quite far in the map, in Scorpio, but if I understood right it's still an intercept.

About the stars, is there a site recommended for their interpretations? I'm using http://www.constellationsofwords.com/ , but the interpretations are ancient and fatalistic which I can't comprehend well. I don't know if there are more complex and psychological interpretations available somewhere.

JUPITERASC

Thank you, I'm glad with the answers you already gave me. I found some things about them which made me meditate, so I'll come back later to write.

Jupiterasc, Thank you for the instructions about the images, I suppose I'm perhaps a little shy to post my full map.

Dr Farr, I would like to ask you which kind of influence does intercept make? It could be compared perhaps with any of the aspects? Asteroids doesn't count as next/before planet, right? My next planet is quite far in the map, in Scorpio, but if I understood right it's still an intercept.

About the stars, is there a site recommended for their interpretations?
I'm using http://www.constellationsofwords.com/
but the interpretations are ancient and fatalistic
which I can't comprehend well.
I don't know if there are more complex and psychological interpretations available somewhere.
http://constellationsofwords.com/ is famed as best online information fixed stars site :smile:
The information there is excellent
some disapprove of ancient astrological information as "fatalistic"

however
consider that the fixed stars are beyond control of human beings

by the way there is a good article you may find useful
THE FIXED STARS IN NATAL ASTROLOGY
http://constellationsofwords.com/categories/natalrobson.htm
the article is based on THE FIXED STARS & CONSTELLATIONS IN ASTROLOGY by Vivian E Robson
currently available on amazon

THE FIXED STARS & THEIR INTERPRETATION by Ebertin-Hoffmann
is also currently available on amazon