Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Career-related Horary Questions

Career-related Horary Questions For horary questions related to career, jobs, vocational issues.

Unread 04-30-2007, 08:54 AM

Am I following the right career path?

Hi,

I asked this horary regarding my career and was worried by what I saw.

The moon just entered the via combusta and the chart seems like such a mess. Do you usually proceed with a reading despite the via combusta stricture?

Last edited by The Scorpio; 04-30-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:07 AM

Re: Am I following the right career path?

Via Combusta isn't a stricture against judging the chart; it simply describes the state of the players in the question. If the moon is in Via Combusta, it will describe you and your state of mind. If you are having doubts about your career, life, romance, whatever, the chart will show this.

Best,
AG
Unread 04-30-2007, 05:23 PM

Hi Scorpio.

Lilly never said that the Moon in the via combusta was a stricture against judgement, it is a consideration before judgement.

Quote:
"It's not safe to judge when the Moon is in the Via Combusta, which is, when she is in the last 15 degrees of Libra, or the first 15 degrees of Scorpio".

That this may not be the safest judgement, is very different to the judgement not being able to be made.

In any case, there are two example's in Christian Astrology where Lilly proceeds to judge a chart despite this consideration, which illustrates that it isn't quite a stricture.

On page 415, 'Whether man or wife shall die first?', the Moon is at 8.20 Scorpio, and Lilly proceeds to judge the horary.

He makes no mention of the Moon being in the via combusta.

On page 468, 'If Bewitched?', the Moon is at 6.20 Scorpio, and Lilly again proceeds to judge.

He again makes no mention of the Moon being in the via combusta.

Despite this, we might presume that if Lilly did observe the Moon being in the via combusta, which surely he did, even if it is not mentioned, it's being in the via combusta might have constituted part of his interpretation, as it is after all, a consideration before judgement, and not a stricture against it.

Hope this information helps.
Unread 05-10-2007, 01:57 PM

Thanks Archergirl and Draco. Your replies helped a lot. I think I'll leave the question for now and just wait and see how things go before making any definete decisions.
Unread 05-10-2007, 10:41 PM

An easier solution to this problem is to look at your own Natal. If the Lord of the MC matches your current profession, you are most likely on the right track concerning career.
Astrology Books, Treatise, Readings & more!

Tags
career, path