Random Thoughts, strictly Text

moonkat235

For a bird of the air may carry the utterance, and a winged creature may report words. When someone leaves his home and a raven crows on his right, it is good, he should wait until it rises, then go, but if it crows from the left, it is not good. And if someone hears it crowing between his shoulders, he should go back and give alms (this omen is apparently the worst).

Crows in flocks with screeches indicate rain. Crows, too, imitate with their note the heavy splash of clashing rain, or after twice croaking deeply they raise a loud whirring with frequent flapping of their wings.

Hiiiii Petosiris!

Where is this from? lol

Crows are cute, but they kinda scare me.

Lykanized

Hi AW peeps!

Since this is for random thoughts, I figured I'd share one of my own. Lately, a few crows have been following me around. I've seen at least 5 all at once. I've lived here in this place for 3 years and they only started appearing a couple weeks ago.

They caw at me and one time I walked out to see one perched next to my window. Yesterday, I was going for a walk and one landed about 10 feet in front of me and looked me in the eyes. I paused for a second and then kept walking towards it and it flew away. There were 3 others on nearby houses, all cawing at me. Kinda freaky... lol

Anyway, I don't think I've done anything to upset them or get their attention, but they keep showing up around me. A cursory search on google I found unhelpful. Google says stuff about spirit animals and omens of death. None of these ideas really resonated with me.

I do find it kinda weird that they just started showing up.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?
Hello my dear Anne moonkat!
I would say you need to dig into what crows mean to you. Things like this rarely have any objective standing. If something like this is happening, it's important to really pay attention to 1. how you feel when you encounter the crows, and 2. what crows mean to you symbolically

That's what I feel anyway. Then again, it could just be a spirit trying to get your attention, trying to tell you they're there and have some messages to give you if you'll listen

I don't know if any of that is satisfactory, I hope it is. You know a lot more than you think you do. Pay attention to what you feel and what they mean to you. Very important

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Hiiiii Petosiris!

Where is this from? lol

Crows are cute, but they kinda scare me.

Hi,

Bible, some random Jewish-Arabic omens and the last bit is from Aratus. I am not sure of a traditional work with augury that is comparable to traditional astrology, or even oneiromancy (like Achmet's Oneirocriticon). I might study it if somebody knows a book.

moonkat235

Hi,

Bible, some random Jewish-Arabic omens and the last bit is from Aratus. I am not sure of a traditional work with augury that is comparable to traditional astrology, or even oneiromancy (like Achmet's Oneirocriticon). I might study it if somebody knows a book.

Yeah Idk anything about books on omens or prophetic dreams or whatever. Idk if I care to see the future unless I have the ability to alter it, which I'm just unconvinced of.

Petosiris, did you really get a microphone before discord shut down? That's what Rawr told me...

moonkat235

Hello my dear Anne moonkat!
I would say you need to dig into what crows mean to you. Things like this rarely have any objective standing. If something like this is happening, it's important to really pay attention to 1. how you feel when you encounter the crows, and 2. what crows mean to you symbolically

That's what I feel anyway. Then again, it could just be a spirit trying to get your attention, trying to tell you they're there and have some messages to give you if you'll listen

I don't know if any of that is satisfactory, I hope it is. You know a lot more than you think you do. Pay attention to what you feel and what they mean to you. Very important

Heyo! I've never been a big fan of crows. When it landed in front of me, I was kinda scared, but when I imagine them, they look kinda cute so who knows. I saw a tarot deck based on crows today, so perhaps I should've gotten that deck.

Oh wow, I just remembered a terrifying crow dream from a few months ago as I was writing this. Hm...

Ukpoohbear

Does it mean I will expect to see more poems from you? :w00t:

I have never been through any formal training for creative writing. All my knowledge comes from books and movies. I'm just trying my best here :crying:

I see you’re doing a masters, what’s it in?

Tbh I was just so interested in the writing you were doing and you are already a teacher whereas I’ve delayed myself continuously getting there lol

Ukpoohbear

To those people who have psychic experience, I'm actually jealous of you. I really need to know what it feels like to be psychic.

I was thinking about this and what we were talking about previously with Pluto and Saturn transiting the top of your chart and how it’s the opposite for me, maybe it’s connected in how you’ve noticed results externally and I’ve noticed results inwardly. My inner life is a lot more comfortable than my outer life.

Dirius

I got the salary from doing some business, I would give it all to you and our children, so don't ask for only half of my salary. However, I need your presence around me to make it happen.

What do you think about Aquariuans as a whole? Especially, in the opposite month of your birth month.

Dude you really need to work on those lesbian pick-up lines.

Cause that was pathethic :lol: