Shy but I open up easily?

beckett

I've always been a very shy person, second-guessing myself and whatnot. It's hardest for me to open up to my family about things, but I have no problem telling my friends things. Naturally, I guess I'm more comfortable talking to them. However, I feel like I talk too much and reveal too much… my Sun is in Cancer and so is Venus… does that have anything to do with it; making me a shy but naturally outgoing person, is that possible? I really don't know what to think. See, I feel angry sometimes after I open up to people, because there is a side of me that wants to be very, very private (and I am), but there's a side of me that… I just can't help opening up, be it in solidarity or feeling comfortable. I feel like there's something wrong with me. :pinched:

ETA: I also tend to not only feel like I open up easily, but that I am "fake" and undeserving. I often feel jealous easily, like I could be "better" that I'm not good enough…. but I think everyone feels this way. It's just weird. I almost constantly struggle to feel "normal".

Last edited:

kimbermoon

Your insecurities stem from your 4th H influences [the past, the parental influences] so it is understandable that you do not feel you can open up to family members. Yet when you are off on your own, expressing in the outer world, Libra rising contributes a good deal of sociability. Saturn oppose Mercury represents your communication difficulties, indicating that need for reserve and privacy at times; your elemental balance also shows that you are actually an introvert by nature, so this adds to the mix of self-reserve and hesitation versus the need to open up with friends. Saturn is also associated with feelings of regret, or guilt. For whatever reason, this aspect shows the need for restraint and self-control in communications, as deemed necessary.

Another indicator of this is your Moon sq Mercury; Moon in Scorpio is also naturally quite secretive by nature. You are craving passion and understanding from others, that was apparently absent in your childhood.

Basically, we are like a computer, easily programmed and imprinted while we are young, mostly by the parents and family. To become truly independent we thus need to DE-program ourselves from our early conditioning. In public you try to make up for the absence of communication by opening up more readily to friends or strangers. You can go to extremes and reveal too much, though, as a factor of your Jupiter being involved in the kite configuration with Mars, Uranus/Neptune and the Sun. Jupiter serves to expand things but can sometimes go to extremes or exaggerated responses. What we feel we lacked in childhood, we try to make up for through others.

This does not mean that there is something wrong with you, because it can be difficult to detach ourselves from the influence of the parents, until after the Saturn return phase of development. For you that will be occurring within the next 3-4 years.

beckett

Your insecurities stem from your 4th H influences [the past, the parental influences] so it is understandable that you do not feel you can open up to family members. Yet when you are off on your own, expressing in the outer world, Libra rising contributes a good deal of sociability. Saturn oppose Mercury represents your communication difficulties, indicating that need for reserve and privacy at times; your elemental balance also shows that you are actually an introvert by nature, so this adds to the mix of self-reserve and hesitation versus the need to open up with friends. Saturn is also associated with feelings of regret, or guilt. For whatever reason, this aspect shows the need for restraint and self-control in communications, as deemed necessary.

Another indicator of this is your Moon sq Mercury; Moon in Scorpio is also naturally quite secretive by nature. You are craving passion and understanding from others, that was apparently absent in your childhood.

Basically, we are like a computer, easily programmed and imprinted while we are young, mostly by the parents and family. To become truly independent we thus need to DE-program ourselves from our early conditioning. In public you try to make up for the absence of communication by opening up more readily to friends or strangers. You can go to extremes and reveal too much, though, as a factor of your Jupiter being involved in the kite configuration with Mars, Uranus/Neptune and the Sun. Jupiter serves to expand things but can sometimes go to extremes or exaggerated responses. What we feel we lacked in childhood, we try to make up for through others.

This does not mean that there is something wrong with you, because it can be difficult to detach ourselves from the influence of the parents, until after the Saturn return phase of development. For you that will be occurring within the next 3-4 years.

Thanks for the reply…. that's really neat to learn. Next 3/4 years regarding Saturn, huh? Wow.

Rick

Banned
I've always been a very shy person, second-guessing myself and whatnot. It's hardest for me to open up to my family about things, but I have no problem telling my friends things. Naturally, I guess I'm more comfortable talking to them. However, I feel like I talk too much and reveal too much… my Sun is in Cancer and so is Venus… does that have anything to do with it; making me a shy but naturally outgoing person, is that possible? I really don't know what to think. See, I feel angry sometimes after I open up to people, because there is a side of me that wants to be very, very private (and I am), but there's a side of me that… I just can't help opening up, be it in solidarity or feeling comfortable. I feel like there's something wrong with me. :pinched:
Well Cancers are like that, they're shy, but they have a circle of trust, like in Meet the Parents, but it's a little more intimate and personal, anyway :) they put their mother there first, and siblings, a few friends, and usually the circle grows, because they're such kind people, and sincere and fragile -at least they give the impression-. If someone abuses their trust they're out of the circle, but it depends, in some cases they accept them back. So very protective creatures, like the crab, but so kind and attractive that people do want to know them.
And your Sun and Venus are in the 10th house, which represents your career, and public persona, who you are in the eyes of the general public.
It's the most important house/point with the AC (rising/ascendent).
I'm a Cancer rising so I understand the shy problem :) At times I can have dozens of friends and other times in my life I have none, Im in my shell :)