Is my job safe?

Neptune Rising

Hi

I teach yoga and Pilates at a local centre. I read the newsletter today and found, like most other charitable institutions in the UK, they haven't taken in as much money as they would have liked this year, so some cuts will have to be made.

I asked, is my job safe? This stems from the primary fear of, "Argh, will I loose my job here?" I really have 2 jobs here, two different classes.

I am Moon, good in Cancer but in the 12th house. Though, could that represent a large, charitable institution.... ?

Job I am never sure to take 9th (teaching) or 10th (career), well I will look at both.

Career 10th house is Jupiter, so is 6th house of health and work. That sums up my teaching (Jupiter) health (6th) as a career (10th).

Jupiter is retrograde until 6 degree Gemini, in January 2013. IT doesn't make any aspects. Except Sun which opposes it soon. Sun rules the 2nd house, or the 10th house turned 5th house. I don't know what that represents.

Jupiter is Sun's dispositor, Jupiter is disposited by Mercury, and Mars disposited by Saturn in mutual reception with Mars. Not sure what Mars and Sun are but they seem significant. Sun opposes Jupiter, Moon will oppose Mars. Saturn rules the 7th house, Mars intercepted in the 10th house and sits in the 6th house. Could those represent a manager, or authority? They are not in good reception with Moon! :sad: In fact, Moon and Mars are in mutual detrimental reception and they will oppose. I am puzzled!

Moon first trines Saturn, so maybe I will soon meet this Saturn person. Moon then trines Venus and shortly after opposes Mars. I wonder, if Venus is the female manager. They are all disposed of by Mars in MR with Saturn. Moon then goes onto trine Mercury. That to me doesn't look good as Mercury rules the 4th house, end of matters as well as ruling the 12th house. The final aspect though, after all that, is a trine to the north node while conjuncting the ascendant.

I don't know what those aspects represent. The last time I was made redundant from an office job, my significator and the 10th house ruler made an opposition. In this chart, Moon does oppose Mars, but Mars rules the 5th house which seems odd. Could that be me refusing a romance?

I really appreciate any help with this chart!

Thanks for looking

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

According to Vedic astrology my observations are as follows:
1. Cancer ascendant and Lord Moon is placed in 12th house and transiting through the Nakstra Rahu (NN). Placed in fifth house indicating relationship with spiritualism, knowledge and forming direct link with Jupiter in eleventh house.
2. 10th house lord Mars is placed in sixth house and having direct link with Moon, placed in 12th house. (Mental issue is possible) For job good linkage.
3. Mars is transiting through the Nakshtra of Venus aspects 10th house giving strength.
Now linkage with Jupiter (Teaching profession) and Ascendant lord and house of spiritualism is good.
I think there is no loss of job.

aquarius7000

Hi,

You = Moon
Job = 6th (routine), since you have it already = Jup rx

Actually, both the sigs are moving away from eachother, which is self-explanatory. However, Moon, despite being in the 12th, is strong in Cancer. There will be some opposition with Mars in the 6th, so there could be some cut in the no. of classes you are giving, for instance. Perhaps not many enrolling or whatever. However, with the Moon being strong and POF being in the 6th, I don't think you will be having 'all too much time on your hands', though.

:)AQ7

Neptune Rising

Ah I'm puzzled now, a yes and a no, maybe its both!

Hi, thanks so much AQ!

I wonder if the Moon leaving Jupiter is me getting this new teaching job. I've only had it one month. The other class I've been teaching for over a year. The start time chart for the job had mutable angles I remember. The teacher I took over gave a short notice time, as far as I know, so maybe they just gave it to me while they decide what to do with it now. Its been a Godsend though, it came out of the blue just when I needed the practice, for my exams as I am still doing the teacher training course for this technique - so I am quite rusty teaching this class. The yoga class flows smoothly though, had a lot more experience practicing and teaching that one. So, maybe they will cut this class in the new year!

I did have another offer though, when I finish the course, to start up classes in a place that I've covered yoga classes for.

Lol, I almost feel like I'm on a giant roller coaster with these ups and downs!

Thanks again, I appreciate your time AQ!

IleneK

Premium Member
You are signified by Moon in Cancer.
The job, in which you are employed by another party who can cut it, is the 10th, ruled by Jupiter in Gemini and retrograde.

Items below in blue are favorable in the horary chart.

Dignity/debility => the power to keep job safe
Essential:

• Moon is in its dignity, which is favorable.
  • Jupiter is in its detriment which is unfavorable.
Accidental:

• Moon is weak in the 12th and it is slow.
  • Jupiter is retrograde and it opposition to the Sun both of which greatly afflicts it. On the positive, it is fast and its house of joy. It is also conjunct fixed star, Aldebaran. Aldebaran is associated with the spring equinox and the idea of a fresh, positive start.
Reception => the inclination to keep job safe
Moon is in the sign of Jupiter's exaltation and in its term. This suggests to me that they will want to do everything they can to keep your job safe.
Aspect => the occasion to save the job

• Moon makes no aspect to Jupiter. However, it looks to me like there is a translation of light from the Sun. I would appreciate if others more skilled in horary could check that out to see if it is true. If it is, then it does suggest there will be opportunity to save the job, but that the events [ie, the cuts or your employer's response to the cuts] have not yet happened.
It appears that they are inclined to keep your classes safe or it is within their power to find a fresh and viable alternative for you. If the translatin of light is correct, the opportunity for them to try to keep it safe will present itself. I suppose that my concern is that your employer may not possess sufficient power to keep your job safe.

To me, it's a close call, and I think in favor of saving your job. I am sorry you are faced with these uncertain circumstances.

Aquarius358

Hi Neptune Rising - a few thoughts :
Sun, as a general signifier of those in control, opposes Jupiter, the job.
Jupiter, the job, is in its Detriment - fair enough, this is how you describe the situation anyway.
Jupiter is also Rx - and therefore ‘backward’ in its effect (which sums up your assessment of the situation really.)
Moon (you) is in aversion to Jupiter by Sign.
Moon being in the 12th and slow shows your anxiety about the matter and a feeling of being helpless.
Uranus, Rx, on an angle also indicates a sudden change - a ‘backward’ step OR it could mean a sudden change in DIRECTION as your role there is reinvented. I think it’s always wise to take note of the outer planets if they are close to an angle - esp since here Uranus is close to the MC.

Having said all that ... Jupiter exalts Moon - they absolutely adore you! And you did ask about keeping your job - not getting a job. They’ll be keeping you on if at all possible, I’d say.

Moon’s antiscion is at 27Gemini and Jupiter’s at 18 Cancer - which means the Moon is applying to Jupiter’s antiscion (ie a point in the shadows or behind the scenes standing in for Jupiter).

I’d hold on to those two positives and keep my head if I were you - (S/Node is currently conjunct Algol!) but if you aren’t convinced, maybe start making alternative plans or at least some enquiries.
Venus rules the 11th of friends - and Moon is trine Venus. Maybe a friend can help.
Unfortunately, there are no planets aspecting the Asc to indicate where help may come from - so you must help yourself - but remember - Jupiter/job exalts Moon!
_______

Oh, you wondered about Sun & Mars’ roles : Mars generally means a ‘cutting off’ in a question like this. Also, the Sun, as I mentioned above, is “the boss” or the one in authority.

I hope to hear that someone’s done some lateral thinking and turned the negative situation around to everyone’s benefit. It sounds like a worthwhile place to be working. All the best. ___

Neptune Rising

It appears that they are inclined to keep your classes safe or it is within their power to find a fresh and viable alternative for you. If the translatin of light is correct, the opportunity for them to try to keep it safe will present itself. I suppose that my concern is that your employer may not possess sufficient power to keep your job safe.

To me, it's a close call, and I think in favor of saving your job. I am sorry you are faced with these uncertain circumstances.

Thank you so much Ilene! Ah yes I see now, the Jupiter is on Aldebarran, its the same degree as my natal south node. I wonder if the retrograde means there will be a change. It doesn't go direct until the end of Jan 2013. Yikes. But it will trine my natal 9th/10th Pluto again at 9 degrees.

The last tarot card reader I saw told me to "make friends with chaos" in this area of my life! Lol, he wasn't wrong!

Thank you for pointing out the blue points vx the unfavourable points. That's interesting that Jupiter is the significator in detriment, yet I am fairly strong albeit weakened in the 12th house and slow. Maybe that reflects my novice experience in this technique. I know I can be better, its just a matter of practice and time to get there, past this hurdle - a very big a rocky hurdle/mountain!

I had a few ideas for classes, this has encouraged me to run this past them, maybe if the class doesn't work out they can try them.

I will keep you updated!

Thanks again for your time :smile:

Neptune Rising

Hi Aquarius

Thank you for your help!

Yes I do feel a bit helpless in this situation. I've done some advertising in the local magazine now its just a matter of waiting and see what happens in the new year when numbers can pick up. Though, I know corporations don't usually have a clue how those patterns work.

Wow that's two people who have found maybe a change coming up in this role. Interesting views. Uranus as you showed there, also Jupiter coming to station direct.

That's sweet, they like me. I do get good feedback from the ladies and gents that come to the class. I thought they were just being polite at first, but they do seem to like me! It took me a year of teaching to finally accept that.

I wish I could understand antiscion, never been able to get my head around that one. I just read on Skyscript that it's a favourable point. Thats great!

You mentioned Venus and the 11th house, a friend has actually helped me by giving me a free advertising space in the local magazine, so I made an ad and its being delivered around today. Amazing how this has come about at this time.

Thanks for the explaination about Sun and Mars. That makes sense. It is a nice place to work. Its a charity as well. I came to it by chance and love teaching the students there. They have also taught me so much, its the first proper regular teaching placement I got so they have been initiating me, in a way.

Thank you so much, I appreciate your time.:)

Moon’s antiscion is at 27Gemini and Jupiter’s at 18 Cancer - which means the Moon is applying to Jupiter’s antiscion (ie a point in the shadows or behind the scenes standing in for Jupiter).

I’d hold on to those two positives and keep my head if I were you - (S/Node is currently conjunct Algol!) but if you aren’t convinced, maybe start making alternative plans or at least some enquiries.
Venus rules the 11th of friends - and Moon is trine Venus. Maybe a friend can help.
Unfortunately, there are no planets aspecting the Asc to indicate where help may come from - so you must help yourself - but remember - Jupiter/job exalts Moon!
_______

Oh, you wondered about Sun & Mars’ roles : Mars generally means a ‘cutting off’ in a question like this. Also, the Sun, as I mentioned above, is “the boss” or the one in authority.

I hope to hear that someone’s done some lateral thinking and turned the negative situation around to everyone’s benefit. It sounds like a worthwhile place to be working. All the best. ___

Aquarius358

Hi there - My pleasure - I like using the antiscia which are points (like Lots/Arabic Parts & Fixed Stars I guess) - except they can stand in for the planet whose antiscion it is. I wouldn't agree that they were necessarily 'favourable points' though. They just are. It depends on how close the Moon or main signfier is applying to the antiscion point. If one of the main signifiers is applying to the antiscion of a planet (ie it's shadow/behind the scenes) then it's said that the antiscion point can be considered to be the planet - in your case, the planet Jupiter which is 10 ruler and important here. They don't move but can be applied to and often seem to turn the situation around.
Oh - Saturn disposits Fortuna and Moon is trine Saturn - good aspect even tho Saturn is not v. well dignified.

A thought: if your students would agree, they could sign a petition to the owners or the powers-that-be in control of this situation??? Nothing fancy or radical - just a request to keep the classes going ... maybe it would help? _______