Why am I not attracting Taurus' if my Mars is in it's house?

LovelyMissAries

My Mars is in Gemini, but being ruled by Taurus in the 12H. I've liked a couple Taurus' and one of them actually had Mars in Gemini. However, nothing became of them. I thought where our Mars sign falls indicates the sign we'll attract, is this not true?

byjove

Account Closed
But that's not how it works...you will attract every sign...if there is a huge emphasis on one sign (3 planets or similar) you could attract other people with a huge emphasis on a particular sign - the same sign, it's opposite or a sign in the same triplicity. I also have a Gemini Mars and I can't tell you how many people with a strong emphasis on Gemini that I have fallen for.

But Mars in a house alone does not attract members of the corresponding sign.

Your Venus sign will dominate your romantic attractions, Mars your sexual attractions, so when you attraction or falling for, which do you mean? A general attraction? That will be co-ruled by both your Venus and Mars sign but definitely other planets get a say - but more to do with character compatibility e.g. Sun/Moon sign combination.

Last edited:

waybread

This doesn't mean the pop-sun-sign astrology. In synastry, if your Mars is in Gemini, you could be attracted to someone whose Venus in Gemini conjuncts your sun, or else is in an air or fire sign in a degree that sextiles or trines your Mars.

If your Mars is in Gemini, you would probably be attracted to a good conversationalist, someone who is lively and with a wide range of interests. This doesn't necessarily mean he will literally have his sun in a particular sign. Your Taurus on the house cusp doesn't tell you so much about Mr. Right as it does about the affairs of your Mars house (12th? ) more generally, with the situation of Venus by its own house and aspect giving you further information on that house.

greybeard

VENUS is "The Power of Attraction."

It both attracts and is attracted to.

Let's say your Venus is in a sign and house where she's happy, the lord of the sign is happy too, and the aspects to Venus are good. Well, we are guaranteed a really good relationship life, Right? Not necessarily.

Suppose that in this same horoscope you had 4 retrograde planets (among them the 7th House ruler), a powerful square from Uranus to the Moon, and Pluto in the 4th square a Rx Jupiter in the 7th....

I'm not so sure such a chart would carry a Gold-plated Guarantee of Happy Relationships.

Once again....I'm getting blue in the face....YOU MUST READ THE WHOLE CHART.

The simplistic "One Planet Tells All" approach to astrology simply does not work.

P.S.: Mars is in Gemini. The 12th House cusp is in Taurus. Mars is not ruled by Taurus (signs rule nothing -- the planets ruling the signs do). Taurus and Venus have dominion over 12th House affairs generally, but Mars is still in Gemini, is ruled by Mercury, and is of Geminian nature or expression (Mars will display a markedly Mercurial nature -- if you're not sure what "mercurial" means, use the dictionary). We can further say that Mars, as the male sexual energy, if it is "given over" to the male as is normally the case in a female's chart, will involve elements of surrender of control, weakness or dependency in one form or another, a tendency to dismiss everyday affairs to the care of others. And that same energy will also find secret outlets.

The fact that Venus (power of attraction, mistress of relationships) is associated with the 12th House (House of mourning, of loss, of isolation) implies on its face that some sort of deep difficulty, sadness may be associated with relationships.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

My Mars is in Gemini, but being ruled by Taurus in the 12H. I've liked a couple Taurus' and one of them actually had Mars in Gemini. However, nothing became of them. I thought where our Mars sign falls indicates the sign we'll attract, is this not true?
If 12th cusp is Taurus then your Whole Sign ascendant sign is Gemini which means your descendant sign is Sagittarius so your 7th Whole Sign house is the natural home aka 'domicile' of Jupiter. For you in particular, the sign as well as house location of your natal Jupiter details much concerning your relationships :smile:

JUPITERASC

Astrology is astrology. It works or it don't :smile:
Perhaps our OP may find it more fruitful to explore in this direction.

Astrology is of course astrology - in fact there are many astrologies so perhaps our OP may indeed find it rewarding to view their chart in sidereal - however as you have highlighted - everyone has their own opinions regarding whether "it works or it don't"
:smile:

LovelyMissAries

If 12th cusp is Taurus then your Whole Sign ascendant sign is Gemini which means your descendant sign is Sagittarius so your 7th Whole Sign house is the natural home aka 'domicile' of Jupiter. For you in particular, the sign as well as house location of your natal Jupiter details much concerning your relationships :smile:

Jupiter is also in the 12H and it's only aspect is squaring my Pisces MC. Venus is in Aries in the 11H... hopefully that relieves some of the sadness said to be depicted by Venus/Taurus ruling my 12th.

Moog

Astrology is of course astrology - in fact there are many astrologies so perhaps our OP may indeed find it rewarding to view their chart in sidereal - however as you have highlighted - everyone has their own opinions regarding whether "it works or it don't"
:smile:

Technically, these significators don't belong inherently to sidereality

There are jyotishis around using the tropical zodiac, and as far as I am aware, they are still using the significators common to Indian astrology.

Many jyotish scholars have noted that there is no basis for the use of sidereal zodiac over tropical in the scripture, at least none that isn't highly ambiguous.

As for your other points about people being able to make their own minds up, I'm in total agreement, and I think it's helpful when people are introduced to concepts that ordinarily might not cross their paths.

Certainly, if looking at Mars isn't doing what you expect, then it's time to investigate.

greybeard

Venus is "in detriment" in Aries -- she is "exile". She is as far from home as she can get.

Compare the intrinsic nature of Venus with the intrinsic nature of Aries (Mars) and you will see why she isn't very happy there.

It is Venus herself who causes the 12th House "sadness (and stuff)". She is the ruler of the house and "disposes" it. Her own nature is "determined" toward the 12th house stuff. Look up the words in quotes to see what Venus does.

Also, Mars in Gemini rules Venus in Aries, so they are yoked. And my guess is that Mercury is also in Aries, which creates a Mercury/Mars mutual reception.....further tying all this into a complex that feeds on itself.

All of this can either be taken as a description of "what is," and you can figure out how best to live with it and use it to advantage; or, you can bemoan your sour luck, cry a lot, rebel and fight against it, harbor unrealistic expectations and all that sort of thing.....and be a loser. It really boils down to a choice between This and That, and the choice is yours.

You can study what the Divine Will is for you through astrology -- or you can wait it out and let life itself show you. The trick is to learn the art of submission....and proud and willful Aries has a bit of problem in that area.

JUPITERASC

Jupiter is also in the 12H and it's only aspect is squaring my Pisces MC. Venus is in Aries in the 11H... hopefully that relieves some of the sadness said to be depicted by Venus/Taurus ruling my 12th.
Pisces is the natural home aka domicile of Jupiter however the sign location of natal Jupiter makes a difference because Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini.

From what you have posted, either your natal Jupiter is in Gemini or in Taurus.

If in Gemini then your natal Jupiter is located in 1st whole sign house BUT if in Taurus then your natal Jupiter is located in 12th whole sign house. However, if NOT using whole sign houses, Jupiter can be in 12th but in the same sign as 1st :smile: