It's happening again.. work power struggle

anjelik

Well, she is at it again. Kind of fitting during Mercury RX. We have just gone head to head over her acting like a boa constrictor and trying to assert her dominance. I called her out on her behavior in a response via email (she copied our manager) and instead of showing her maturity and ability to manage she played martyr card and went to our manager claiming she was upset with my response. I spoke with my Manager and told him I am disappointed with her behavior and her inability to manage. He defended her saying she's a new manager and I said that is no excuse for her behaviour because as someone in a position of management, it is her responsibility to understand the problem and not rise to the occasion and retaliate to assert her dominance. She has been preoccupied with doing this to two other members of our team and now she has finally turned her sights on me because too many HR issues have come up between the other two and herself. She is messing with the wrong person because I will literally throw her under the bus so hard because she has told me many things a Manager should not tell a subordinate. If she wants to play with fire she better get ready to get burned because I'm ready to throw napalm all over this and watch it go up in flames.

Last edited:

katydid

Well, she is at it again. Kind of fitting during Mercury RX. We have just gone head to head over her acting like a boa constrictor and trying to assert her dominance. I called her out on her behavior in a response via email (she copied our manager) and instead of showing her maturity and ability to manage she played martyr card and went to our manager claiming she was upset with my response. I spoke with my Manager and told him I am disappointed with her behavior and her inability to manage. He defended her saying she's a new manager and I said that is no excuse for her behaviour because as someone in a position of management, it is her responsibility to understand the problem and not rise to the occasion and retaliate to assert her dominance. She has been preoccupied with doing this to two other members of our team and now she has finally turned her sights on me because too many HR issues have come up between the other two and herself. She is messing with the wrong person because I will literally throw her under the bus so hard because she has told me many things a Manager should not tell a subordinate. Such as someone is getting fired in 2 weeks. If she wants to play with fire she better get ready to get burned because I'm ready to throw napalm all over this and watch it go up in flames.

Okay, hold on....:innocent:

Remember that her Mercury triggers your Mars/Saturn. She knows how to 'get your goat' as they say.

Do not allow her to make YOU look bad. Throwing napalm is not the answer here.

it can backfire big time. Your own Venus is in the line of fire and that means that your own best interests can be harmed by lashing out to such a severe extent.

Hkk

Account Closed
Just leave. The grass is greener elsewhere. I know it looks unfair right now but with these corporate bunnies you will never win. It’s a big shitty game and it happens in every organisation and it’s wrong but for your well being and mental health keep away from this energy.
Once you move away you will Be in a happier place and learn a lot from this and handle shitty idiots better if it ever occurs again. Get yourself away from this before it defines you in your head.

Scorpio mc - you have the power to control this and not let it burden you. Especially with Jupiter in Scorpio in your mc!

Deal with what you CAN control and drop the things you can’t as you will hurt yourself.

Remember one thing - revenge is best served cold - for a Scorpio MC it’s best served ICE COLD 🧊 😊

anjelik

Okay, hold on....:innocent:

Remember that her Mercury triggers your Mars/Saturn. She knows how to 'get your goat' as they say.

Do not allow her to make YOU look bad. Throwing napalm is not the answer here.

it can backfire big time. Your own Venus is in the line of fire and that means that your own best interests can be harmed by lashing out to such a severe extent.

Yes, I could see that normally. HOWEVER. There are three other women on my team who have lodged complaints about her. She is one of those people who is very concerned with what everyone else is doing and always trying to control things. I am going on maternity leave and the girl on my team covering me agreed to do it with the caveat that she would not have to report to this woman.

I'm going to speak with HR and make a formal complaint and say that if four people are all saying the SAME thing that it surely needs to be looked at. We all can't be wrong about her behavior and intentions. No one on the team likes her and that speaks volumes about her personality.

It might be true that she knows what buttons to push but I know exactly which ones of hers to push to manipulate her. It's actually very fun to watch her do my bidding because she likes to control things. So if I've noticed something happening I would just casually mention it and then she latches on like a pit bull and looks like the dickhead to our entire team. So she might think she has the upper hand but I've certainly pulled her strings on multiple occasions.

Last edited:

anjelik

Just leave. The grass is greener elsewhere. I know it looks unfair right now but with these corporate bunnies you will never win. It’s a big shitty game and it happens in every organisation and it’s wrong but for your well being and mental health keep away from this energy.
Once you move away you will Be in a happier place and learn a lot from this and handle shitty idiots better if it ever occurs again. Get yourself away from this before it defines you in your head.

Scorpio mc - you have the power to control this and not let it burden you. Especially with Jupiter in Scorpio in your mc!

Deal with what you CAN control and drop the things you can’t as you will hurt yourself.

Remember one thing - revenge is best served cold - for a Scorpio MC it’s best served ICE COLD 🧊 😊

That is my plan. My GP has agreed to sign me off sick due to stress until my mat leave kicks in (8 weeks from now). That will be a nice icy patch of work she now has to pick up herself. 😁

Hkk

Account Closed
That is my plan. My GP has agreed to sign me off sick due to stress until my mat leave kicks in (8 weeks from now). That will be a nice icy patch of work she now has to pick up herself. 😁

If you go to hr let us know what Happens. It’s Interesting to see how it all pans out. We had an I issue at work where 30 ppl complained around unfairness and intimidation, rascism favouritism ..... you name is and 30 ppl said it. Guess what? It was brushed under the carpet by whistleblowing department!

I hope u get justice 😊

anjelik

If you go to hr let us know what Happens. It’s Interesting to see how it all pans out. We had an I issue at work where 30 ppl complained around unfairness and intimidation, rascism favouritism ..... you name is and 30 ppl said it. Guess what? It was brushed under the carpet by whistleblowing department!

I hope u get justice 😊

I probably won't get justice. But I will get some satisfaction from making her job difficult for two months.

She can't even look me in the eye today. And this is someone who is a "manager." If you find the fact that I've literally stood up for myself and put you back in your box that intimidating then perhaps you aren't fit to lead a team. At least I'm not a coward.

Hkk

Account Closed
I probably won't get justice. But I will get some satisfaction from making her job difficult for two months.

She can't even look me in the eye today. And this is someone who is a "manager." If you find the fact that I've literally stood up for myself and put you back in your box that intimidating then perhaps you aren't fit to lead a team. At least I'm not a coward.

So true! I admire your resilience. You make a solid point there too. These so called managers aren’t fit for it and mostly cowards. That’s why they play these games and do what they do. What they do is play with themselves! You go!!!!

anjelik

So true! I admire your resilience. You make a solid point there too. These so called managers aren’t fit for it and mostly cowards. That’s why they play these games and do what they do. What they do is play with themselves! You go!!!!

I actually am having second thoughts about everything but my doctor has given me all the paperwork and honestly I'm at the point of mental break down so my husband is insistent that I just take the time off. But the part of me that worries about perception and having my work in order is taking over. I've spent the last two days cleaning up all of my work so if someone did have to pick it up it would be easy for them. I am such a chump sometimes.

Hkk

Account Closed
I actually am having second thoughts about everything but my doctor has given me all the paperwork and honestly I'm at the point of mental break down so my husband is insistent that I just take the time off. But the part of me that worries about perception and having my work in order is taking over. I've spent the last two days cleaning up all of my work so if someone did have to pick it up it would be easy for them. I am such a chump sometimes.

Not a chump. It’s called having morals and being passionate about what you do. You keep doing you!

Work is work at the end of day and health comes first. These places and ppl always will be there doing what shitty things they do each and every day.

It’s not your fight. Leave it and listen to your loved ones