A chart and a tongue-in-cheek attempt at interpretation

akerasi

Well, here's my attempt at interpreting my own chart... although I speak in the third person for the interpretation, the chart is indeed my own. I'm no expert, but have dabbled for a long time... however, I'll gladly accept any criticism in whatever manner it is presented. It's intended as a pretty tongue-in-cheek interpretation, and is actually being made and revised for someone else's consumption. I use an Astrodienst chart, with the telltale data stripped off... sorry, but if you want that data, you'll have to ask.

With no further ado, here's the interpretation. It's a little wordy on some points, and quick-and-dirty on others... any comments are GREATLY appreciated, so tell me what you think of both thhe chart itself and the interpretation presented.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ascendant/Pluto
The Ascendant is the self you present to the world, and Pluto is inextricably linked to that, in this chart. Pluto is Death, Life, Rebirth, and Sex... making for a very sexual public mien. This person will positively ooze sexuality, if they allow themselves to, provided the rest of the chart doesn't disagree with that. They are placed in Libra, the sign of Reaction and Joint Action. Libra is a very cooperative sign, and someone with a Libra Ascendant often finds themselves the "leader" of something... even when they don't want to be. Along with the Pluto energy, this would be very positive for someone like a cult leader... if other positive personal charisma is available, someone with this expression could easily, say, start and successfully lead a new religion. Like most charts (although notably NOT Isme's) this conjunction Squares the Midheaven, meaning that, like normal, the "personal mien" and the "professional mien" of this person are often at odds with each other, and further that this person will likely do their best keeping their sex, sexuality, and serious matters concerning life and death out of their career. There is also a sextile to Neptune, further enhancing the cult-leader aspect and allowing this person to share their illusions and reperesentations of reality with others easily, and making the chaos surrounding them seem almost commonplace.

Saturn/Jupiter
Saturn, the planet of fear and caution, is inherently linked to Jupiter, the planet of optimism and intuition. This rather odd connection allows this individual to use their intuition in a remarkably cautious, methodical way, although their fears sometimes get in the way of this. They're on the cusp of Libra and Virgo, the Signs of Cooperation and Reaction, and Work and Details. All of this happens in the twelfth house, which is the house of Self-Undoing, Psychological Problems, and Restriction. This is a remarkably strong Jupiter placement, leading to a VERY strong Intuition, as this house tends towards Intuition if the individual with strong placements here solves their issues. In fact, it tends to weaken the Saturn influences remarkably, although they still manifest as an almost insane level of caution when using the Intuition these placements allow. These planets are the left side of the aforementioned T-Square as well. A T-Square is an arrangement of 3 planets (or groups) such that two are in opposition with another Squaring both of them. The T-Square here has Saturn/Jupiter for a Left Side, the Moon for a Right Side, and at the point is Neptune. This means that the energies of all of these planets, especially Neptune, planet of ullusion and chaos, tend to get messed up with each other, leading to problems with emotions, paternal energies, and optimism/intuition all becoming severely chaotic and built into the world of illusion and dreams. However, all of these challenges, if overcome, lead to a VERY strong power boost to all of these planets... especially the Moon, placed as it is also as 1/3 of a Grand Trine. We'll get to that later. It's certainly not all bad news for aspects here, either. The Sextile with Uranus, that rebellion and freedom planet, leads to the ability to use Intuition to find whatever path makes this individual the most free and able to bring change. The similar Sextile with the True Node leads towards this Intuition being the key to seeking those goals that are always just out of reach...

True Node
Speaking of the True Node, here it is. The True Node is the sign of that goal that seems unattainable, and almost scary to obtain... here it's placed in Leo, and the 10th House. Leo is the flamboyant, showy, playful nature, and the 10th House is that of the career, meaning that this goal is likely one of fame or some sort of public recognition. We've already discussed well the interaction with Saturn/Jupiter, and how Intuition will likely lead into this well. However, there is a problem inherent in this: we have a Square with the massive Stellium in Taurus. We'll save that interpretation for the right section, however... it's going to be a doozy.

Midheaven
The Midheaven symbolizes this individual's "professional mien". The Midheaven in Cancer once again points to Intuition as a prime factor in this individual's life, and says that this individual will likely use Intuition before Logic in their professional dealings. Often, this might lead to problems, but there's a really, really nice positive going on here... a Grand Trine with the Moon and Uranus. The Moon's emotional energy coming this way likely leads to this person "feeling great about what they do, whatever it is" and the rebellious Uranus leads towards changing and revolutionizing things. This person will likely either flop completely or completely "change the game", of whatever they do.

Chiron/Venus/Mercury/Sun/Mars
Alright, here we go. Yes, that's five planets there... we have to view them all together because they're all in Conjunction (which is what a Stellium is, a Conjunction of more than 2 planets)... and one of them's even the Sun, the Ego. This sort of thing almost always leads to an individual having "all their eggs in one basket" in some way, with so many energies all in the same place. We should note the place first... Taurus, and the Seventh House. The Seventh House is the house of all equal partnerships, including marriage... and Taurus is the sign of stubborn determination and sensuality. So, with 5 planets in this place, partnerships are of EXTREME importance to this individual... they literally define themselves by them, in many ways. With the Taurus aspect, partnerships that this person engages in tend to lead towards sensuality in some way or other, and they will stubbornly defend their partnerships (and by extension their partners) so totally that it might lead to severe jealousy, if not properly managed. Let's get to the actual planets involved, and link them all in by pieces. Chiron, the wounded healer, is the planetoid of "I went through this ****, so hopefully you never have to. Learn from my mistakes!". This is inextricably linked to Venus, this person's love and affection... therefore, they focus their Chiron-energy on that which they love. Mercury, their intellect and communication, is also here, meaning that their mind and logic are all active parts of this process. Then we have the Sun, their ego, themselves, meaning that all of these things are things this individual literally defines theirself by. Lastly, we have Mars, that energy and aggression, leading to this person putting most of their energy and effort into these things. So, now that we know all that, how does this interact with everything else? Firstly, there's the Square with the True Node, meaning that all of this stuff is what keeps this person from expressing their Leo nature and being "in the spotlight". Now for the real fun... this whole stellium is at the point of what is referred to as a Yod, often called "the most fated arrangement in Astrology". This arrangement means that the planets involved, which are Saturn/Jupiter, Uranus, and this massive Stellium, interact remarkably poorly, with the point of emphasis on this Stellium. So, this person is sort of "fated" to have their Intuition and Rebelliousness at odds with their "truest nature", which is how I would reperesent this Stellium. These "difficulties" in a chart, however, tend to lead to a VERY powerful and capable person... if they overcome them.

Eris
Now for something a mite simpler. Eris, as we've discussed, tends towards bad experiences leading to good results... sort of an anti-Chiron. Eris here is placed in the sign of Aries, the sign of ACT NOW, and the 6th house, meaning the results of work. So, this person will likely have interesting experiences based on the results of their efforts, that seem bad at first but lead to good things... nice and simple. No important Aspects.

Moon
Ah, the lovely Moon. The Moon is the seat of emotions and the unconcious, and as we've already discussed is 1/3 of a Grand Trine, with the Midheaven and Uranus. It's also in the Sixth House, the house of Work, but is in Pisces, the sign of dreams and illusions. This leads to the emotions of this individual often being more based on their imaginations of how reality is, than how it really might be, and their works play a large part in that. Also, as already mentioned, this tends to run in opposition with this individual's Intuition, and at the point of that T-Square lies Neptune, the planet that rules Pisces! This leads to a remarkable chance that this person's emotions are NOT based on what really is, just what they percieve them to be, and that might hinder their intution at times. Once again, as with any negative aspect, overcoming these things leads to a lot of strength...

Neptune
Speaking of Neptune, planet of illusions and dreams and chaos, here we are! Neptune is placed here in the second house, the house of Value, and in the philosopher's sign Sagitarrius. This leads to this person literally valuing thoughts and dreams, sometimes more than they might value more "real" goods. As we have previously beaten into the ground, Neptune here is at the point of a T-Square, meaning that this specific tendency is likely strong and negative, thanks to poor interactions with Saturn, Jupiter, and the Moon... unless the conundrum is somehow solved. In this case, this Individual could see, in their illusions and dreams, what could be in Reality... the sign of a seer if there ever was one.

Uranus
Ah, Uranus. The only planet that's unequivically kind to this individual. Uranus is the planet of Rebellion and Freedom, and here sits in the second House, and at the cusp of Sagitarrius and Scorpio, the sign of sex, death, and rebirth. This means that this individual will value Freedom greatly, both the freedom of possesions (freedom of Value) and "social freedoms" (freedom of Sex, Death, and Rebirth), as well as freedom of thought (freedom of Philosophy) and freedom of Travel (again from Sagitarrius). All of this is enhanced by the fact that it only has positive Aspects, and so regardless of situation should all be freely expressed. It's 1/3 of a Grand Trine, with the Moon and Midheaven, leading to both the individual's emotions and their "professional mien" being linked in a positive way to these tendencies. It also has a Sextile with Pluto/Ascendant, further reinforcing the Scorpio placement and making all of this come out in the person's "public mien".

Cardinality/Elemental Balance
The only really important tendency here is the tendency towards Fixed signs, making this individual remarkably stubborn about things.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 32

EJ53

Banned
Hi again Akerasi,

The chart is much clearer now, and the interpretation is a good analysis of the individual elements in the chart. Maybe the next step is to consider the relative importance/weight of these elements, and how they might work together.

For example, have you noticed that Venus is in it's own sign and a house it rules naturally; has mutual reception with Mars/the natal ruler of that house (7th) and disposits every other planet in the chart except Mars (which is also in it's own sign)? So, Venus/Mars are extremely strong and pulling all the energy of the chart into the 7th house/relationships.

Then, although Venus rules the Ascendant, Pluto rules the chart (because of it's close proximity to the Asc) - so, "personal transformation" will be a major feature of your life too.

Finally, Chiron in Taurus/7th indicates a deep-seated lack of self-worth that affects your relationships and North Node in Leo/10th points to expressing yourself through your career.

So, perhaps all this might indicate that a lack of self-worth will make you too reliant upon others/relationships until success in your career leads to personal transformation/increased self-worth. But, how would you synthesise these various elements in the light of your life/experience to date?

EJ:)

Last edited:
I would just like to say great job at interpreting your own chart ;) . I have often done this on my own chart pretended it wasn't me and written the reading on computer :D . It is actually more helpful to observe the chart this way and then get back to your own personal experience. I do like your interpretation of the chart as it is the way you experience your natal chart. The chart reading got very interesting when you were talking about your Moon/Neptune & Jupiter/Saturn as I was very interested in how you experienced this in your life.

gold_star.jpg

akerasi

EJ53 said:
Hi again Akerasi,

The chart is much clearer now, and the interpretation is a good analysis of the individual elements in the chart. Maybe the next step is to consider the relative importance/weight of these elements, and how they might work together.

For example, have you noticed that Venus is in it's own sign and a house it rules naturally; has mutual reception with Mars/the natal ruler of that house (7th) and disposits every other planet in the chart except Mars (which is also in it's own sign)? So, Venus/Mars are extremely strong and pulling all the energy of the chart into the 7th house/relationships.

Then, although Venus rules the Ascendant, Pluto rules the chart (because of it's close proximity to the Asc) - so, "personal transformation" will be a major feature of your life too.

Finally, Chiron in Taurus/7th indicates a deep-seated lack of self-worth that affects your relationships and North Node in Leo/10th points to expressing yourself through your career.

So, perhaps all this might indicate that a lack of self-worth will make you too reliant upon others/relationships until success in your career leads to personal transformation/increased self-worth. But, how would you synthesise these various elements in the light of your life/experience to date?

EJ:)
The notes about Pluto and personal transformation are something that I failed to consider, and yet make perfect sense when I look at my life. For me, rapid personal transformation is so natural that I often forget that it isn't as natural for others. It's often as if I'm "reborn" on a regular basis, sometimes as quick as a daily basis... which is often unsettling to people, leading to problems with the fact that this chart just SCREAMS 7th House.

That Chiron gave me a lot of trouble as a younger man, and likely led me to the 5-year depression I somewhat recently escaped. For your interest, I'm 27, married in an open marriage to a woman who, although wonderful, is NOT that equal partner I crave, and have a 4 year old son.

The whole North Node effect gets interesting, as it tends not to represent my "terrestrial career" so much as another "career" of mine... and that is the "career" of being a teacher of magic/spirituality to those I find worthy (mostly, those with potential to become strong enough to be that partner the 7th house is seeking, but also anyone for whom I will gain personally by them learning, in some way... chiefly non-monetary due to my ethics, to which I point straight at Uranus).

Venus and Mars being even more exalted than I read them makes a lot of sense, too... I have a positively manic energy when I'm doing well, very non-Taurean... and I love those which I respect amazingly easily... and forever. I've never fallen "out of love", only in it, a good 6 or 7 times...

Considering weights and how things work together would indeed be a great idea, I'd wager... I just haven't gotten to it yet, as I've had other work to do (I have a LOT of things on my plate just now... but that Intuition said I NEEDED to make time to do this, and some other astrology work that I'm not allowed to share here... the interpretation of the chart of someone I'm grooming to be that "partner" talked of in the 7th house, with her complete knowledge and approval, and relationship charts (Composite, Synastry, and Davison, just for fun and to keep me in practice) related to such things).

akerasi

Shining Ray said:
I would just like to say great job at interpreting your own chart ;) . I have often done this on my own chart pretended it wasn't me and written the reading on computer :D . It is actually more helpful to observe the chart this way and then get back to your own personal experience. I do like your interpretation of the chart as it is the way you experience your natal chart. The chart reading got very interesting when you were talking about your Moon/Neptune & Jupiter/Saturn as I was very interested in how you experienced this in your life.

gold_star.jpg
Thanks for your kind words ^^. I experience this chart in a lot of interesting ways... to describe it fully would take pages and pages, but to give you a bit of the "gist of it". I'm a Chaos Magician, who has mostly developed entirely on my own an entire style of magics... which is consistent enough that I've taught it to others. This points heavily towards me having "solved" that T-Square, giving me a surprising knack for knowing the possible results of my actions. However, that whole Moon interaction leads me to a lot of problems in interpreting my own emotions, oftentimes... at least where things involving spirituality aren't involved. Due to it being something that is actually well aspected in my chart, my spirituality is very well-developed and important to me... leading partially to my jokes about being a "cult leader", as at times it can feel like I am, teaching a bevy of students my non-standard (but working) spirituality oftentimes. If not for the Uranus aspects enhancing my philosophy to value freedoms so much, for myself AND OTHERS, I might well have ended up a right manipulative ******* and been a wonderful cult leader... and with the Leo tendencies at the North Node... well, let's just say I'd have possibly made a very good, vevry public cult leader ^^.

Want to know more? Feel free to ask... if you're really nice I might even send you the 15-page story of "how I spent my summer" that was intentionally written for someone without much familiarity of me and my life.

akerasi

Shining Ray said:
I feel like making a more direct reply to your comments now, so I will. Re Saturn/Jupiter, I have an almost uncanny knack for "doing the right thing without thinking". I've had to spend a lot of time and meditation to develop this knack, and it's proved rather useful, allowing me to "think less" about what's going on and more about "why" it's going on, allowing me to make connections between things in ways that others perhaps can't do as easily.

As for Moon/Neptune, I have to manage things a lot there... I have a severe tendency towards seeing things as either far "better" OR far "worse" than they actually are... and it tends towards changing my perception of ALL things currently happening (very Cancerian in feel, perhaps "drawing energy" from the Midheaven's placement). When well managed, however, it means... I'm never unhappy unless I logically WANT to be unhappy for some reason. I might like things better if I just let them "flow" sometimes, but if I manage it correctly I have control over my emotions. This can, if brought the wrong way, however, lead me to fantasies about how good the future will be that are overblown/outright wrong... and I have to watch that. The main thing that could help, Jupiter/Saturn, happens to also be involved in that T-Square... making for a right mess sometimes ^^.