Investment Question

rubyelixir

Greetings All ! Happy 2008! My Oh My what a difference a year makes!
If I was worried about Pluto coming into my 4th & riding my stellium, I can just say now WELCOME PLUTO !!! Here's the wheel, you DRIVE....I like where you're going much better than where I've been ;o)

Anyways , to make a long story short, My Dad passed away, left me a conciderable IRA which I've been properly advised not to touch until retirement age.

Question is , Do I keep it where its at? (My brother has informed me that the guy managing the account at Smith Barney is an "Ass & A Psycho" & has suggested that I might use his investment accountant, Jack, in California (I relocated to my Dad's house in Fl) He is very thorough , easy to talk to, savvy & approachable, to manage my nest egg, not to mention my brother's known him 15 years & trusts him completely. Should I take it out of Smith Barney & give it to him?

Being a novice in these matters, my gut instinct originally was leave it where it is until my "Gut" is less foggy, but the Smith Barney guy now wants to make some investments & I'm worried.

So now I NEED HORARY HELP!!! (why is it I can do other people's charts but not my own?)

So here is the actual question & the chart:

Would it be to my benefit to use Jack Murad (for managing my money)?
Jan 7th , 2008 1:15 pm est
Miami , Fl
80w12 25n46

(The parenthesis because Astrodienst only lets you write so much in its box)

I APPRECIATE ANY HELP!!!!
~Robyn

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_92_would_it_be_to_my_benefit_to_use_jack_mu_hp_69476_19376.gif
    astro_w2gw_92_would_it_be_to_my_benefit_to_use_jack_mu_hp_69476_19376.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 25

rubyelixir

Oh My interpretation (open for criticism)

TAURUS rising- Me & My Money concerns perfect for Taurus - Taurus ruler Venus is in the 8th = me & my inheritance- (If my ruling planet is in the 8th, then 8th becomes first & 10th becomes my 2nd , correct? Well merc (2nd house gemini ruler my money) is in the 10th =my resources?)

MY MONEY =2nd house in printed chart - Mars is retro in it & Gemini rules it - Merc is Conj MC in the tenth- I take the Merc in the Tenth conj MC to be very favorable

So what represents Jack? no planets in the 7th, however the 2nd house on the chart would become the 7th house if I am in the 8th. So , is Jack retro Mars? opposing pluto & Jupiter? YIKES not good? or are we back to looking at the merc as representing Jack , (Gem rules 2nd/ 7th house)

couple of squares to venus -saturn retro & uranus- change my status quo? do something new? feels like Jack is looking good.

I'm discombabulated!

I'm on a conference call tomorrow with Jack, Please Advise!!!

Last edited:

Derestanne

Hi Rubyelixir,

My observations for you:

The "Horary" Chart you provide is a "disaster" in my opinion! Mars in Gemini Retrograde in the 2nd House of Money and Investments opposing Jupiter in the 8th? C'mon! Not on your life!

I believe what you need is an entirely different Astrological approach to your question, such as a Progressed Chart.

On a practical, non-Astrological level, do you trust your brother's judgement? You say he has worked with Jack for 15 years and has had a good relationship with him and your brother says the other broker is real trouble.

Saying your brother has a good head on his shoulders and he is right, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO SWITCH BROKERS - THE SOONER THE BETTER!

Nobody needs a "Psycho Broker" - end statement!

We just had a New Moon on January 8th, making now an ideal time to switch brokers and move on to someone better!

If you can Post Back with your Birth Data, I will Progress your Natal Chart and give you my opinion later tonight on your financial situation.

rubyelixir

WOW Dearest! Scary but thanks for the info! here is my birth info
Robyn M
1-1-1962 11:24 pm
Miami Beach Fl USA

Thanks so much!!!

Derestanne

Ruby,

In casting your Birth Chart, I find 27 degrees Virgo 29 minute Ascendant and 27 degree Gemini, 26 minute Midheaven. I note your cluster of Capricorn in the 4th House; very good for Real Estate investments and I imagine you already know that. Also noted is your Moon Conjunct Neptune in Scorpio in your 2nd House; this combined with your Virgo Ascendant I can certainly appreciate why you are very cautious and calculated with your financial interests!

Creating a Progressed Chart for you for today, January 9, 2008 I find no planets or asteroids at the moment in your 2nd House of Investments and Money. Your 2nd House is partially Sagittarius and partially Capricorn right now.

The first Planet that will be entering your 2nd House (soon) is Saturn Progressed to Aquarius 5 degrees and 14 minutes. It is interesting to note Mercury near Saturn at 17 degrees Aquarius. Both of these Planets are in the 3rd House of "everyday" communications. I believe the message is quite clear. Before you make a final decision on working with Jack, apply some business (Saturn) communications (Mercury): Call up Jack on the phone and have a good businesslike talk with him. Any Broker with professional courtesy would be happy to receive a telephone call from a perspective new customer. Go ahead - feel him out - tell him about your needs and expectations. And if Jack treats you the way that you like to be treated and you come away from the call with a good feeling then by all means go ahead and work with him.

I also note the Asteroids Ceres at 19 degrees Taurus and Vesta 24 degrees Taurus in your 7th House of partnerships (including business partnerships).
I am quite certain that Ceres at 19 degrees represents "the psycho" and Vesta at 24 degrees represents Jack. Taurus is the absolute epitome of investment counselors and brokers. Vesta is called the "inVESTment" Asteroid - where we place our loyalty and trust. Lastly, I find Pallas Athena at 29 degrees Pisces in the 5th House. This Asteroid also warns that you should get away from, or dismiss anyone who is known to be erratic or unstable in personality.

I also note other reasons why you are feeling hesitant right now. Your Progressed Chart has Mars Square Neptune (fear about making a wrong move) and your Modalities are 80% Fixed! You will have to overcome tendencies to worry and to be overly rigid in your outlook and decisions. This year you have Mercury in Aquarius Retrograde. If you look ahead to the future, you can do quite well for yourself but you should be especially careful with the timing of your decisions and activities.

PS: The Jupiter - Pluto Conjunction in Capricorn on January 25th will activate your Natal Capricorn Planets and in 2008 you could receive a big boost in many of your personal endeavors. I have predicted that Capricorn People / Cities and Nations will be in the news in a big way in 2008!

Just yesterday, BBC World News ran an article that the Indian Stock Market reached a new record high! India is a Capricorn Country based on its official Birth Chart: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7176423.stm

Watch the Capricornian Financials really take off in 2008 and 2009!

rubyelixir

oh derestanne
thanks so much for your info.

In fact I HAVE already spoken with Jack several times & he answers all my questions and I have felt good after speaking with him so I believe that I will be contracting him tomorrow when we talk (as it takes about a week to transfer my funds out).

I haven't really gotten into Progressions in my studies but your info was interesting , particularly in regards to asteroids (another subject I'm not too familiar with) but it makes more sense to look to this than the horary, i believe and i thank you for suggesting it. but not quite understanding merc & sat in 3rd going into 2nd, i thought progressions were forward? And in terms of timing, when would saturn enter the 2nd? merc? (you warned me about the timing of descisions ;o))

And Yes, I feel things getting better and better for me this year. BTW I love India I've never been but it'll be interesting to see what goes on , maybe i will make it there one day soon (invest in property, and hit the jackpot! lol)

In terms of real estate investment, smith barney guy , joe, wanted me to sell some stock i had in countrywide (mortgages) that went way down, i think i lost a bit =o( now its too low and not worth it to sell. Maybe something miraculous will happen and it picks back up? Also on the Real Estate front, I got my Dad's house. Its beautiful & in a really nice area but it needs lots of work and the market is too bad to sell. I decided to stay here at least 5 years. I really need a new kitchen & bathroom desperately but I dont have a job & I'm not sure how I will make a living yet. I do feel that I will figure it out somehow but at this point I'm a ball of confusion & I feel I'll have to put up with my dilapidated kitchen & bathroom till I get a job (catch 22 is if I'm working I have no time for remodeling!) ....or is this the ridgid and worrying tendancies that i have to overcome that you were speaking of?

well thanks again for you insight , i really appreciate it!

Derestanne

Rubyelixir,

OK, so your Progressed Saturn and Mercury in 3rd House were actually saying one more phone call to Jack and you can switch brokers - good enough!

Horary Charts can answer the straightforward questions. The Progressed Charts show us windows of opportunity to get things done and they provide a bigger picture of your life circumstances.

The Planets / Asteroids / Moon Nodes, etc. all move in a clockwise direction in the progressed chartwheel over time. Hence the movement of Saturn and Mercury in your current progressed chart from 3rd to 2nd House.

Saturn enters your 2nd House on February 1st. Mercury in Retrograde will be a mere 2 degrees apart from Saturn and Mercury will join Saturn in your 2nd House on February 3rd. As they are both in Aquarius, February is a good month for you to attend meetings or seminars concerning finances and money or applying yourself to learning a few things from the money professionals. Don't be surprised if your new broker offers some solid, exciting new suggestions for your portfolio in February!

There is no question that the USA Mortgage Market has not yet hit rock bottom. America is a Cancerian Country and the incoming Jupiter - Pluto Conjunction in Capricorn is already a big drain on the USA Economy! Yes it will be tough to unload stock in Countrywide right now, nonetheless the loss you might incur could be worse still if you wait until later. I certainly think you need the advise of the Mortgage Stock Experts. If you really have a big investment, consider the counsel of an experienced Financial Astrologer. Raymond Merriman http://www.mmacycles.com/ and Arch Crawford http://www.astromoney.com/ are definitely two of our best and they are priced accordingly.

Regarding home remodeling, I am in Tampa Bay Florida Area and we have a serious problem in Florida with fly-by-night contractors doing shoddy work. Make absolutely certain you pick someone really reputable with good references and preferably a recommendation from someone you know that had some work done.

Uranus and Pluto will be in your 4th House in July of this year and that would be a suitable time for a renovation makeover if you can wait that long.

rubyelixir

Thank you thank you thank you Derest!!!

Again, you are RIGHT ON. I just got off the phone with Jack an read your reply ,you also must be psychic because he actually used the word "excited" !! He told me that he wants me to be excited about working with him and what he is going to do and wanted me to know how important it is to him that i thoroughly understand everything and know that he will be working as a partnership with me. Meanwhile, I opened my mail & noticed that the other guy, Joe , made a purchase of some stock, (i forgot that we had talked about it ) but I called him to discuss it & he was very short, no cheerful voice on the other end , he actually seemed a little mad. ...So there you have it. I will have my funds transferred to Jack within a fortnight.

Thank you for the info on what type of chart to do for circumstances/questions. Good info there. That could be a nice new Thread!

Raymond Merriman seems familiar somehow, i wonder if he is in the NCGR?
but thanks too for that, I will look into them!

And , YES , the contractors/work-on-the-house people have been terrible so far....I hear ya on that one & July will probably be better for me as far as financial security goes, so again good advice, i do so appreciate it ;o) (AND the new astrology knowledge!)