This is scary

blackbery

Once again David, you are making quick & wrong assumptions. There are thousands of Military Generals, leaders & they don't all think the same.

You need to attack Trump & never actually consider the consequences of Jo'Bama's EOs on REAL people.

The current policy prohibits transgender individuals who are suffering from gender dysphoria from entering service. In that respect, it is similar to many other medical conditions that prevent a volunteer from serving in the armed forces.

Why? It is not—as some have suggested—due to a bias on the part of the military, any more than the armed forces are biased against those who suffering from asthma. Instead, it is because both military and civilian medical data unequivocally reflects that transgender individuals diagnosed with gender dysphoria experience “high rates of mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression and substance abuse disorders.”

For example, individuals with gender dysphoria attempt suicide at about nine times the rate of the general population. Service members diagnosed with gender dysphoria are also nine times more likely to have mental health encounters with a professional.

https://www.heritage.org/defense/commentary/think-twice-changing-the-militarys-transgender-policy

Think Twice Before Changing the Military’s Transgender Policy

There were active-service Generals saying they were excellent soldiers, and objecting to their being kicked out.

The ban against allowing them to serve in the Military in any capacity was lifted in 2016 during the Obama administration, and reinstated by Trump himself in 2017.

Thousands had joined, and very few needed expensive medical assistance.

Biden's letting them back in.

Where do Conservatives generally stand on this issue?

blackbery

I think the ONLY people that should be concerned with this issue are those who are serving or who have served in the Military & the Leaders including the Commander-in-Chief. It's THEIR lives on the line.

It should NEVER be a political issue.

Where do Conservatives generally stand on this issue?

david starling

Once again David, you are making quick & wrong assumptions. There are thousands of Military Generals, leaders & they don't all think the same.

You need to attack Trump & never actually consider the consequences of Jo'Bama's EOs on REAL people.

The current policy prohibits transgender individuals who are suffering from gender dysphoria from entering service. In that respect, it is similar to many other medical conditions that prevent a volunteer from serving in the armed forces.

Why? It is not—as some have suggested—due to a bias on the part of the military, any more than the armed forces are biased against those who suffering from asthma. Instead, it is because both military and civilian medical data unequivocally reflects that transgender individuals diagnosed with gender dysphoria experience “high rates of mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression and substance abuse disorders.”

For example, individuals with gender dysphoria attempt suicide at about nine times the rate of the general population. Service members diagnosed with gender dysphoria are also nine times more likely to have mental health encounters with a professional.

https://www.heritage.org/defense/commentary/think-twice-changing-the-militarys-transgender-policy

Think Twice Before Changing the Military’s Transgender Policy

All right, I'll include this as a truly "Conservative" point of view.

david starling

There should be an 18 hole golf course within easy reach of the White House, complete with lodgings for the Secret Service personnel and government issued golf carts so they can guard a golfing President without costing the taxpayers a fortune.

Problem is, former Presidents have Secret Service protection for life, and they will still cost taxpayers millions of dollars playing at other golf courses after they're out of office.

Last edited:

waybread

Blackbery:

Trump started his claims of voter fraud when he knew he was behind in the polls; and that his approval rating as president was tanking.

Lets give Trump his due. He did increase Republican voter turnout. But Biden beat him by 7 million popular votes. So Biden's turn-out was much greater than Trump's, not to mention the Electoral College. When Trump won the Electoral College in 2016 by the identical margin he claimed it was "a landslide."

What happened was that Biden won over many independents and disaffected moderate Republicans who didn't see themselves as progressive Democrats (sorry, Bernie,) but who couldn't stomach four more years of Donald Trump.

So they split their tickets.

Republicans won back some House seats, as you mention; but don't forget that Republicans lost their majority in the Senate. So for now, Democrats are the clean-sweep majority.

This might make you ponder what so many millions of Americans disliked about Donald Trump as president. You cannot logically simply demonize the tens of millions of Americans who see American life and politics differently than you do.

Blackbery, we've been over the election many times by now. Just to repeat yet again, you have to accept that tens of millions of sensible Americans have zero interest in showing up for a personality-cult pep rally, surrounded by people with goofy hats and face paint. Their political interests have to do with party platforms, not a celebrity cult.

You have to accept that the covid-19 epidemic is real, and that mass campaign rallies are super-spreader events. Informed people avoid them.

Many of us abhor the idea of a personality cult surrounding the presidency. We want a good manager, not a reality TV star.

"The entire world" are not Trump fans. They-- and 60 judges hearing Trump's legal court challenges-- know that Biden won. Fair and square.

Which is why all of the notable world leaders have congratulated Biden on his election victory.

Last edited:

waybread

As for some kind of late-breaking Republican victory re: the Maricopa Co AZ ballot audit, the judge in the recent case merely allowed the state senate to access the 2020 ballots and voting machines.

"We are ... grateful for the judge to look at the big picture and recognize that this was never about overturning any election. This was always about voter integrity and the integrity of the voting system itself,” Fann, a Prescott Republican, told the Arizona Mirror."

https://www.azmirror.com/2021/02/26...-must-turn-over-election-materials-for-audit/

I think we'll see a number of states revising their election laws this year.

blackbery

Purging Today’s Freedom Activists: Why Big Tech’s Censorship Isn't Directed Solely at Trump Supporters

An Anti-War, Free-Market Libertarian Speaking Out Against Tyranny and Censorship

Big Tech Censorship Is Not Just Targeting Trump Supporters, but Anyone Who Supports Free Thought and Liberty

https://news.bitcoin.com/purging-to...hip-isnt-directed-solely-at-trump-supporters/

https://www.dailywire.com/news/the-...ly-bans-books-they-deem-offensive-hate-speech

No matter which side of the political aisle (or none) that you may be on.

waybread

Now you are just making things up. Which you are perfectly entitled to do but NO evidence at all t hat the 'majority' support Jo'Bama...especially when there is actual PROOF (which will be presented at the right time) that Trump WON with around 410 Electoral College Votes.

The 'hard-core' Dems believe Xiden is not suffering from dementia & other fairy-tales but that's not reality.

In fact, the recent EOs signed by Traitor Joe, along with his bombings make me wonder if there's a body double playing his part. And I'm serious.

The EOs & everything else are SO bad, SO unpopular even with the Dems that you have to wonder why the 'real' Biden would act this way?

A body-double working for the Military would do these destructive acts to show to the entire world what a traitor & a criminal he truly is.

I know Trump & Military Intelligence are playing 5-D chess & this would fit in with their agenda.
TO WAKE UP EVEN THE MODERATE DEMOCRATS.

Hard to believe that even senile Joe would think what he's doing is good for the country or his Party unless he's so 'gone mentally' that he doesn't even know where he is or what he's doing anymore.

Blackbery, didn't your teachers ever inform you that schoolyard name-calling doesn't make your point?

We know you have no more rational arrows in your debate quiver when you resort to such invective.

You're not making any kind of rational case for Trump vs. Biden: merely demonstrating that you are very, very angry.

waybread

You keep ignoring FACTS David like the FACT that Trump rec'd millions MORE votes than 2016 & still 'lost'.

STATISTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE along with every other 'anomaly'.

The Truth WILL emerge along with the EVIDENCE of foreign/domestic interference.

Lin Wood/Sidney Powell will be given Medals once this is all done with.

Sidney Powell is facing major lawsuits for defamation from Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic, the voting machine companies. Not only has she not won any of her legal challenges, the courts thought her lawsuits were so weak that they declined even to hear them. Her most recent case was also just tossed out by the SCOTUS. Despite a conservative majority and Trump appointees on the bench.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alison...-thrown-out-by-supreme-court/?sh=396ddab31cd3

Powell will be lucky if she isn't disbarred. It is against lawyers' codes of ethics to promote frivolous lawsuits.

Blackbery, where are you getting your (mis)information????

waybread

I am afraid that you don't get to tell me what constitutes a "real conservative". but thanks for your post.

You don't get to tell me what words I can use. I will continue to refer to female Jews as Jewesses.

Neh neh, na neh neh! :wink:

waybread

I didn't ask you what they can or cannot do. I asked you why you thought free enterprise meant businesses could ban books.

Do you need me to quote again what you actually said, david?

Wan, this is as old as the printing press and the free market economy. There's nothing new here.

It costs actual money to edit, print, and distribute books. Book publishers can't possibly publish all the manuscripts coming their way. A prestigious publisher will reject many manuscripts, which is why professional authors have literary agents. Publishers pick and choose the book manuscripts that they can expect to make enough of a profit to (a) cover off their publication expenses for a given book and to (b) to keep the lights on, pay their staff, and so on.

One expense they don't want are big legal fees or getting massive amounts of negative publicity that depress their book sales.

Publishers don't "ban" books. Rejected authors can always look for another press, self-publish, or these days, simply post their works on-line.

If you indeed are a conservative, then you believe in the free market economy. Forcing a publisher to publish a book would be as dictatorial as telling it not to publish a particular book.

waybread

I tried to read the article but could not figure out what the author was trying to say. He was very likely a Jew (oops, did I offend you with this word too?) himself. Jews like to write in a cryptic way. It is to cover up the fact that they don't really have a point.

Is this post anti-Semitic? You seem to disrespect an entire religious-ethnic group. If so, check out the Forum rules.

waybread

The first sentence of a scholarly work.

The biblical Book of Esther tells a story about Jewish survival in the land of Persia. Esther, a Jewess, ...

https://www.jstor.org/stable/10.2979/nas.2009.-.18.140?seq=1

Folks, there are dozens of translations of the Bible-- and that's just in English. It is constantly being re-translated and edited as new philology research becomes available, or to keep the English text more attuned to our current idioms. We no longer speak English the same way they did when the King James translation was published, for example.

As Jewish woman myself, I merely wanted to point out that "Jewess" is archaic. It's not a slur, it just indicates that Wan is unfamiliar with Jews in North America.

It's a good idea simply to call people what they want to be called. There's sort of a Golden Rule principle at work here.

waybread

Quick question:

Who has time for all this stuff? Is everybody either retired or unemployed? No young kids around the house?

Blackbery, I think you have a lexical propaganda generator at home, which would explain why you can post much of the same material repeatedly at such a rapid rate. :wink:

Cary2

Banned
"Jewess" is not archaic. It is rare and unpopular, rather like "wrath" instead of "anger", but not archaic.

I was reading a Saul Bellow novel recently where it was used effectively and contemporaneously.