Can/Does horary show the whole picture?

jascole7

I threw a chart for a super simple question yesterday about someone I just met: “Will I see him again?” The chart confirmed I would (my sig and moon as co-sig and his sig approaching each other) and correctly showed when (co-sig and Jupiter aspect perfected in one degree, we saw each other within one day).

However, I’m wondering if the chart can show other things at play even if it’s not directly related to your question, especially when you have multiple questions you asked/thought in your head at or around the same time?

For instance, i was also questioning if this person was attracted to me, so I found it interesting his co-sig (sun) was directly on top of my ascendant. I also wondered about 1L mars trining Jupiter at 6 degrees, if that could show a ‘coming together’ or important time unit to the circumstances overall.

What do you think? Is it often the horary chart shows us a wider view of the situation? Thanks!

Attachments

• AED1E31F-05B1-46E8-BCD9-3E489DA86D5E.jpg
    AED1E31F-05B1-46E8-BCD9-3E489DA86D5E.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

kalinka

Which planets are his significators? He is represented by the 7th house. So his significators are venus and sun, yours are mars and moon. Only moon's conjunction to jupiter gives the Yes for the question. Venus and Mars are in mutual reception (rulership), which indicates that he likes you in the same way you like him. Even Sun is in Mars' rulership. So he is very attracted to you. Both sun and venus in your first house. I think he is head over heels for you.

Last edited:

jascole7

Which planets are his significators? He is represented by the 7th house. So his significators are venus and sun, yours are mars and moon. Only moon's conjunction to jupiter gives the Yes for the question. Venus and Mars are in mutual reception (rulership), which indicates that he likes you in the same way you like him. Even Sun is in Mars' rulership. So he is very attracted to you. Both sun and venus in your first house. I think he is head over heels for you.

Thanks for your answer Kalinka! I was using Jupiter as his significators as 5L (used 5H since we are not dating and it would be considered a very casual romance at this point). If 7H is to be used, making Venus and Sun his sigs, does Jupiter only come into play because of it being benefic? I hope my question makes sense, I’m trying to get as much practice as I can with horary to better understand 🙂

waybread

A horary chart should tell a story about the matter inquired about.

I would use the 7th house for him as the generic house for the other person. It doesn't seem like there is a casual romance at the moment. (Or is there?)

But-- why is your significator Mars in the 12th house? Is there a secretive side to your new interest? Why your moon in your second house? The moon shows your emotional stake in the matter. Is this someone with money, who is apt to be generous with it? (Jupiter) Or are you such a person?

His significator Venus in the first house shows that he is interested in you, and your co-significator Mercury applying to a conjunction with Venus says, "Likewise." but Venus is in detriment in Scorpio. Mars, your significator, is in detriment in Libra, and lacks essential dignity. There is mutual reception between Mars and Venus, an indicator of a "yes" answer. But are you two actually beneficial for one another?

So these are points to consider as you look at the chart for more information.

jascole7

I would use the 7th house for him as the generic house for the other person. It doesn't seem like there is a casual romance at the moment. (Or is there?)

But-- why is your significator Mars in the 12th house? Is there a secretive side to your new interest? Why your moon in your second house? The moon shows your emotional stake in the matter. Is this someone with money, who is apt to be generous with it? (Jupiter) Or are you such a person?

Thank you waybread. I probably should have said if there was any house I felt was most fitting, it was the house of casual romance vs 7th, which I (probably incorrectly) associate with serious partnership. There is just a light flirtation currently happening between us, no full-blown romantic endeavors!

As far as why Mars is in 12H I’m not sure, I wondered the same thing. No secrecy involved, though he appeared kind of out of nowhere days after a really tragic death in my family (12H and neptunian encounters). Maybe that’s it?

I don’t know much about him regarding finances or generosity. However he is very very attractive and being approached by him gave me a boost of confidence (2H) after everything I had been going through right before we met.

kalinka

He as your love interest is signified by the 7th house. Even if you have something like a fling with him, he is still the 7th. Since you said that there is only a flirtation at this point, we definitely don't look at the 5th as his significator. I would not interpret too much in this chart. Your question was if you will see him again. The chart gives the answer and some additional informations but it doesn't tell your whole story. (at least from my experience)

Aria Venue

a simple answer is that the chart is not obligated to show you the whole picture!!!!sometimes may tell us more, sometimes it won't...so stick always to the point"actual question" and don't get carried away, cause that way you will reach to wrong conclusions