Time of birth

Hkk

Account Closed
How do you find out the time of your birth if the hospital you were born in has closed down. I want actual proof and not just what parents and family say! Was born in uk West Midlands 😍

Blaze

Account Closed
I dunno how things work over in the UK, but do you have a birth certificate? Your dob (date of birth, time should be included) should be on there. If not, some place that keeps records might have it.

Chrysalis

I had to get my TOB from the hospital i was born in (UK). But if your saying the hospital you were born in is closed down, has another hospital taken its place ? Or has it just totally gone ?

Maybe you could try calling NHS and explaining the situation, and see if they can somehow retrieve your TOB from the records from the hospital you was born in.

Surely even if the hospital you was born in, has been knocked down even, past patients records should still be somewhere on the system.

Call NHS, thats what i'd do in your situation.

Hkk

Account Closed
I dunno how things work over in the UK, but do you have a birth certificate? Your dob (date of birth, time should be included) should be on there. If not, some place that keeps records might have it.

My birth cert doesn’t show the time 😬. I do believe my mom when she says I was born 12am but I just want evidence!! Lol just in case she’s wrong as giving birth is a big job maybe she got the times wrong 🤩 maybe there’s a national records archive somewhere 🤔

Hkk

Account Closed
I had to get my TOB from the hospital i was born in (UK). But if your saying the hospital you were born in is closed down, has another hospital taken its place ? Or has it just totally gone ?

Maybe you could try calling NHS and explaining the situation, and see if they can somehow retrieve your TOB from the records from the hospital you was born in.

Surely even if the hospital you was born in, has been knocked down even, past patients records should still be somewhere on the system.

Call NHS, thats what i'd do in your situation.
I called the next local hospital as the one I was born in was knocked down and the lady said oh because it’s 1980 they only keep it for so long and she didn’t have a clue. But yes good idea I will call nhs thank u x

Chrysalis

I called the next local hospital as the one I was born in was knocked down and the lady said oh because it’s 1980 they only keep it for so long and she didn’t have a clue. But yes good idea I will call nhs thank u x

You know what, i was going to say to you that it will also depend on your age, as i know they only keep records for so many years afterwards. But for some reason i thought you were a teenager :lol:

If you was born in 1980 i think you've still got a chance of it being still recorded somewhere. You'll have to call NHS switchborad main number and try and get through to the correct dept that way somehow.

Hkk

Account Closed
You know what, i was going to say to you that it will also depend on your age, as i know they only keep records for so many years afterwards. But for some reason i thought you were a teenager :lol:

If you was born in 1980 i think you've still got a chance of it being still recorded somewhere. You'll have to call NHS switchborad main number and try and get through to the correct dept that way somehow.

Lovely lol I still act like a teenager....sometimes! Thank you let’s see what they say 😊

Hkk

Account Closed

Just rang nhs and she said as the hospital is now closed I need to contact my GP. So shall have to ring tmrw as they close early on a Thursday! Hopefully will get an answer tmrw 🥰

JUPITERASC

How do you find out the time of your birth
if the hospital you were born in has closed down.
I want actual proof and not just what parents and family say!
Was born in uk West Midlands ��
It's probable that your mother consulted a doctor
when you had various childhood ailments
so your medical records are held by your "family doctor"
i.e. the doctor regularly consulted by your mother
and other family members
for example
you probably visited a doctor at some stage after your teenage years
and those medical records are kept somewhere in the UK West Midlands area
so
as advised earlier telephone "the NHS"
and ask how to locate these medical records
because those medical records contain all medical information stored
and begin with birth
also
your mothers medical records are held with her doctor
and should note the event of her giving birth along with the time of it
- worth checking in any event :smile:

JUPITERASC

Just rang nhs and she said as the hospital is now closed
I need to contact my GP.
So shall have to ring tmrw as they close early on a Thursday!
Hopefully will get an answer tmrw ��
aha GP aka General Pracitioner - that's the term :smile:
GP has your medical file which is commenced on date of birth
no reason time is not logged there as well
also
your GP shall have your mothers file as well if you have the same GP

Chrysalis

Just rang nhs and she said as the hospital is now closed I need to contact my GP. So shall have to ring tmrw as they close early on a Thursday! Hopefully will get an answer tmrw 🥰

Really! Oh they love to pass you on from person to person don't they. I doubt your GP will be able to give you this kind of information, i suppose they could help. Its potluck who answers your call, you could get a really helpful person or someone who just wants you off the phone ASAP....you got the latter.

Hkk

Account Closed
Really! Oh they love to pass you on from person to person don't they. I doubt your GP will be able to give you this kind of information, i suppose they could help. Its potluck who answers your call, you could get a really helpful person or someone who just wants you off the phone ASAP....you got the latter.

Oh really! I will try calling nhs again tmrw and see who I get and then if no luck call the GP. She sounded unsure herself really lol

Hkk

Account Closed
Well I’ve been to the gp and he said to look at me and my moms files which are paper stored and archived so have requested them back 😊🌟🤞🙏

JUPITERASC

Well I’ve been to the gp and he said to look at me and my moms files
which are paper stored and archived
so have requested them back ��������
so you shall have the officially recorded and archived time of birth
that's very useful :smile: