Pluto in Cap-Black Moon-Come the revolution

Vallin

Tues. Jun 3 2008 was a most interesting and symbolic day. I'm calling it a "Black Moon" because of its connection to Emerson Lake & Palmer.

I work at Barnes&Noble at GA Tech. When I got to the Customer Service Desk I saw a copy of 'Patriot Pirates' by Robert Patton. It's about privateers during the (pluto in cap!) American Revolution. They played a pivotal role in weakening the British Navy and British supply lines. The book was released in March, a few days before my current favorite RockStar Nicole Atkins played here in Atlanta. ELP (a Brit-invasion band!) wrote "Pirates" over 30 years ago, and it's still my all-time favorite song.

Later that day I saw a sci-fi novel entitled 'In The Courts of The Crimson King'. (It has ZEPPELINS on the cover) That's also the title of King Crimson's 1968 debut. (This book also came out in March). Greg Lake (my IDOL) was the lead singer and bassist, and the album and tour got the attention of Keith Emerson, then in The Nice.

When I got home I saw that Barack Obama clinched the Democratic nomination. Fans of 'Gilmore Girls' will remember the last episode where Rory leaves Stars Hollow to work on the Obama campaign. I'm Af-Am/Cherokee.

COME ZHE GLORIOUS R-R-R-EVO-LOOOOOOO-SHUN!!!

Last edited:

wintersprite1

Premium Member
How odd to have found this post. I also had a very symbolic day on the 3rd. I was waiting in court to speak with a DA and they had a movie playing.

I had recently cut all my political ties, I was an officer in the local Dem party and a campaign consultant in Colorado Springs (one of the most conservative cities) and was feeling a bit lost on what I should be focusing on career wise now.

The scene of the movie, ( I think this was the princess bride) when the Spaniard swashbuckler (which is a symbol I had used before to describe some of my political battles) kills the foe. He later turns to his friend and says. "I have been in the revenge business to long, now that it is over, I do not know what to do". The friend answers, "Have you thought of piracy? You would make a good Pirate." Been thinking about that since and found the pirate symbols you had another interesting "coincidence".

TK
and why don't we have pirate smileys?

rebecca

Hello Pluto in Capricorn ppl, it's Rebecca from Canada. I've been watching things happen to the centre country block for the last several years, and I'l not sure if you are aware of this bit of news! Keep on growing:

"Oklahoma declares sovereignty based on 10th Amendment. demands federal government to cease and desist activities not authorized by the Constitution.

This could be the start of something big.

Vallin

rebecca said:
Hello Pluto in Capricorn ppl, it's Rebecca from Canada. I've been watching things happen to the centre country block for the last several years, and I'l not sure if you are aware of this bit of news! Keep on growing:

"Oklahoma declares sovereignty based on 10th Amendment. demands federal government to cease and desist activities not authorized by the Constitution.

This could be the start of something big.

The #1 Atlanta weekly--'Creative Loafing'--carries a running joke/debate on whether or not Atlanta should secede from Georgia or the US. Buckhead, a rich section of Atlanta is considering becoming a separate city. As a former resident of Brooklyn, NY, I think independence is 100 years overdue and would do them a world of good.