Does my daughter have a "bad" chart??

normak

Hi all,

I'm not necessarily posting this here because I'm seeking some kind of reassurance, but ever since my daughter was born, I've been afraid for her. I know this is a normal feeling to have as a parent, but her natal chart scares me, too (haha!). A number of things about her chart are worrisome to me. To start:She has Neptune Rx conjunct her Ascendant, opposite Mercury Rx (her Descendant ruler). This doesn't seem to bode well for her partnerships/relationships or clarity of thinking. She has Saturn Rx conjunct her Midheaven (I had read previously that this could be a sign of an "absent father." Yay). She has Chiron Rx in the 1st house. Not an awesome place for it to be. She has Moon in Leo (detriment) square Uranus (the only aspect to her Moon). This doesn't look good re: emotional and domestic stability. I also know that the Moon represents the mother/childhood, so this doesn't reflect very well on me, either (haha!). She has a Sun-North Node-Mars conjunction in Leo in the 6th house. 6th house isn't necessarily seen as a beneficial house, and in Vedic astrology, having Rahu-Mars in the this house is a "terrible" placement. I'm also not a huge fan of her Venus-Pluto opposition. Further, my composite chart with her isn't the greatest. I could go into detail about this, too, but I think I'll stick to the natal for now. :p I love my daughter dearly, and I think (for a 17 month old) she is doing very well. She is so smart and both me and my husband are so happy that she's with us. I have (admittedly) been struggling with the transition to motherhood and have had issues with depression and anxiety, so I suppose taking a look at her chart and seeing her being so greatly influenced by outer (Rx) planets and debilitating placements hasn't really been helpful (haha!). I also worry all the time about whether me or my husband will be absent (like, dying well before our time or some other horrible thing) in some way, and that (of course) scares me. Anyway, her chart is here and I was wondering if some lovely person who isn't emotionally compromised or biased (like I am) could help me to more accurately read her chart and perhaps give me some hope for her future(?). Help and TIA!

1KsWrVH.png

Last edited:

watcherofthesouth

I can completely understand your concerns. One of the things you may want to look at is your Mercury (worry) in your natal chart (as well as transit) particularly if it's near Pluto. A remedy will help you. Your daughter's mercury is still well placed - she may communicate more internally and be quiet or speak more slowly or faster. She will be extremely beautiful and creative (Neptune) but could be slightly confused about direction in life (although who isn't) so you'll need to be supportive. There is a lot of Leo here which may offset that (I see detrimental aspects softened by trines here so she will be fine). She will love swimming/water will be in her future. She may have some loss (22 degrees) of some sort in high school/5th house (friends) opposite Pluto. She may have to transform her hopes and dreams and/or deal with friends or organizations that are not accepting or that she doesn't accept (so that means she will have to focus more on the easier parts of her chart). She may be very interested in healing and foreign subjects.

normak

I can completely understand your concerns. One of the things you may want to look at is your Mercury (worry) in your natal chart (as well as transit) particularly if it's near Pluto. A remedy will help you. Your daughter's mercury is still well placed - she may communicate more internally and be quiet or speak more slowly or faster. She will be extremely beautiful and creative (Neptune) but could be slightly confused about direction in life (although who isn't) so you'll need to be supportive. There is a lot of Leo here which may offset that (I see detrimental aspects softened by trines here so she will be fine). She will love swimming/water will be in her future. She may have some loss (22 degrees) of some sort in high school/5th house (friends) opposite Pluto. She may have to transform her hopes and dreams and/or deal with friends or organizations that are not accepting or that she doesn't accept (so that means she will have to focus more on the easier parts of her chart). She may be very interested in healing and foreign subjects.

Thank you so very much for your reply and analysis. Re: my Mercury and Pluto, I can confirm both that Mercury in Capricorn in the 8th house is ruler of my chart and is therefore a highly "Plutonic" placement (Gemini AC) and that I recently went through a Pluto transit (conjunct Mercury). It brought up all sorts of old fear and trauma, particularly around the sudden unexpected loss of a beloved family member about 7 years ago (so I suppose the wounds are still fresh). ETA- Actually, it would appear that I went through this transit at the same time that my cousin passed away (sorry for the confusion; however, the transit makes even more sense in retrospect). Although I am seeing a therapist and have found that to be extremely helpful over the years, I still wonder if I'll ever be able to free myself from worry/anxiety. It doesn't help that I'm also extremely intuitive and have had a number of my visions/worst fears come true (my chart is below, for reference). Would you recommend a specific remedy re: the Pluto/Mercury issues I experience? I also worry about losing my husband early; his father passed away a few years ago from early-onset Alzheimer's and I know it hangs over him like a shadow so much of the time.

I can see so clearly what you described about my daughter- she is so beautiful and thoughtful (already). More than anything, I hope that I will be around for a long time in the future (and my husband, too!) so that I can provide her with the support she will need throughout her life, so I will work towards the goal of strengthening myself mentally and physically. :)

EiEFYpw.gif

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hi all,

I'm not necessarily posting this here because I'm seeking some kind of reassurance, but ever since my daughter was born, I've been afraid for her. I know this is a normal feeling to have as a parent, but her natal chart scares me, too (haha!). A number of things about her chart are worrisome to me. To start:She has Neptune Rx conjunct her Ascendant, opposite Mercury Rx (her Descendant ruler). This doesn't seem to bode well for her partnerships/relationships or clarity of thinking. She has Saturn Rx conjunct her Midheaven (I had read previously that this could be a sign of an "absent father." Yay). She has Chiron Rx in the 1st house. Not an awesome place for it to be. She has Moon in Leo (detriment) square Uranus (the only aspect to her Moon). This doesn't look good re: emotional and domestic stability. I also know that the Moon represents the mother/childhood, so this doesn't reflect very well on me, either (haha!). She has a Sun-North Node-Mars conjunction in Leo in the 6th house. 6th house isn't necessarily seen as a beneficial house, and in Vedic astrology, having Rahu-Mars in the this house is a "terrible" placement. I'm also not a huge fan of her Venus-Pluto opposition. Further, my composite chart with her isn't the greatest. I could go into detail about this, too, but I think I'll stick to the natal for now. :p I love my daughter dearly, and I think (for a 17 month old) she is doing very well. She is so smart and both me and my husband are so happy that she's with us. I have (admittedly) been struggling with the transition to motherhood and have had issues with depression and anxiety, so I suppose taking a look at her chart and seeing her being so greatly influenced by outer (Rx) planets and debilitating placements hasn't really been helpful (haha!). I also worry all the time about whether me or my husband will be absent (like, dying well before our time or some other horrible thing) in some way, and that (of course) scares me. Anyway, her chart is here and I was wondering if some lovely person who isn't emotionally compromised or biased (like I am) could help me to more accurately read her chart and perhaps give me some hope for her future(?). Help and TIA!

1KsWrVH.png

Always check that the time of birth is reliable :smile:

i.e.
either from medical records
or birth certificate

normak

Always check that the time of birth is reliable :smile:

i.e.
either from medical records
or birth certificate

Yeah, it's definitely spot-on- I checked my watch and the clock the moment she was born. :p ETA- I should say, I happened to check (since I was thankfully not drugged up or anything) and her BC confirmed. :)

JUPITERASC

Thank you so very much for your reply and analysis. Re: my Mercury and Pluto, I can confirm both that Mercury in Capricorn in the 8th house is ruler of my chart and is therefore a highly "Plutonic" placement (Gemini AC) and that I recently went through a Pluto transit (conjunct Mercury). It brought up all sorts of old fear and trauma, particularly around the sudden unexpected loss of a beloved family member about 7 years ago (so I suppose the wounds are still fresh). ETA- Actually, it would appear that I went through this transit at the same time that my cousin passed away (sorry for the confusion; however, the transit makes even more sense in retrospect). Although I am seeing a therapist and have found that to be extremely helpful over the years, I still wonder if I'll ever be able to free myself from worry/anxiety. It doesn't help that I'm also extremely intuitive and have had a number of my visions/worst fears come true (my chart is below, for reference). Would you recommend a specific remedy re: the Pluto/Mercury issues I experience? I also worry about losing my husband early; his father passed away a few years ago from early-onset Alzheimer's and I know it hangs over him like a shadow so much of the time.

I can see so clearly what you described about my daughter- she is so beautiful and thoughtful (already). More than anything, I hope that I will be around for a long time in the future (and my husband, too!) so that I can provide her with the support she will need throughout her life, so I will work towards the goal of strengthening myself mentally and physically. :)

EiEFYpw.gif
Notice
that your Ascendant is your daughters IC :smile:
and
your daughters Ascendant is your MC

watcherofthesouth

Normak - my apologies I didn't see your reply. Yes, "worry" is one theme throughout your chart. Your moon in detriment in Scorpio doesn't help (I have this and you can really go into deep and dark feelings fast!) Your best degrees (in my opinion) are the 2 degrees ("the best of the best" of that planet/sign/placement). If you concentrate on studying a foreign language/Uranus/Sag or researching 6th house matters (such as home health remedies), you would probably improve your mindset. Transiting Saturn/fear is also aspecting your natal Mercury so you are probably dealing with worry and fear moreso than usual. When Saturn transits further through Cap, you'll feel better.

Pluto remedies (in Libra) might be to ramp up the romantic relations with your partner, do some law research (read about legal cases or some topic that interests you from a legal perspective). You could be an extremely out-of-the-box thinker (uranus/2) at work or with health matters. Focus on the 2 degrees. Your Mercury is at 6 degrees which means "work/health" so your mind will potentially be on people's health. If you turn the energy into helping others with health, I believe it would benefit you. And remember, 6th house means pets - so taking care of pets is a good remedy too.

normak

You're picking apart her astrological birth chart with no years experience with actually interacting with your child or even giving your child the time to develop her character. That is scary. Also, you're posting her birth chart on the internet for strangers to look at.

Think of your child as this artist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d1dnEwM4W8
Everything starts out rudimentary. A block of clay with no form, no beauty. Then over time, the artist becomes familiar with her own abilities, skills, likes and dislikes, and chooses how to express them.

Thank you for your reply. I have thought long and hard about whether to post my daughter's chart for "strangers" to see for quite some time, and decided that, since she was born in a large city where a number of children with her name were likely also born at the same day/time, and no sensitive data has been provided, it shouldn't be an issue. I'm sorry if this scares you. After more than 20 years of studying astrology and realizing that I cannot be unbiased when it comes to my daughter, I was looking for some (hopefully) unbiased folks (who are also experienced with astrology) to take a look. I see no harm in that and often find peoples' responses to be helpful with regard to my own behavior/tendencies. I know that my daughter is only 18 months old and I'm still getting to know her (and any analysis of her birth chart should be taken with a grain of salt), but sometimes it is helpful to have other people who don't have some of the same issues as myself to provide me with their viewpoint(s). In short: I'm struggling with the challenges of being a new parent suffering from anxiety. Since my daughter is so young and she is still "molding" her personality, I definitely want to do everything I can to avoid messing up as a parent so that she can be healthy and happy. Studying charts of the people I love has only been serving to increase my anxiety, so perhaps I'm better off taking a break from astrology altogether(?).

normak

Normak - my apologies I didn't see your reply. Yes, "worry" is one theme throughout your chart. Your moon in detriment in Scorpio doesn't help (I have this and you can really go into deep and dark feelings fast!) Your best degrees (in my opinion) are the 2 degrees ("the best of the best" of that planet/sign/placement). If you concentrate on studying a foreign language/Uranus/Sag or researching 6th house matters (such as home health remedies), you would probably improve your mindset. Transiting Saturn/fear is also aspecting your natal Mercury so you are probably dealing with worry and fear moreso than usual. When Saturn transits further through Cap, you'll feel better.

Pluto remedies (in Libra) might be to ramp up the romantic relations with your partner, do some law research (read about legal cases or some topic that interests you from a legal perspective). You could be an extremely out-of-the-box thinker (uranus/2) at work or with health matters. Focus on the 2 degrees. Your Mercury is at 6 degrees which means "work/health" so your mind will potentially be on people's health. If you turn the energy into helping others with health, I believe it would benefit you. And remember, 6th house means pets - so taking care of pets is a good remedy too.

Thank you for your reply- I can definitely see the Saturn/Mercury transit causing some trouble. All the 6th house stuff rings true, too. I hadn't thought about focusing on 6th house matters (or the 2 degrees observation). I appreciate the advice!

Last edited:

BrookeT

I am not sure how to post a photo of my daughters chart but she was born August 3rd and has MANY of the same placements as your daughter. She is nearly 3 now and I can say that she is definitely a challenging child. I have three so I know the difference. However, I do believe she will grow into a wonderful woman. She possesses qualities that will make her strong and proud and capable of anything. She will probably be difficult to raise from a parent's standpoint though.