Transiting Neptune Conjunct Chiron

R4VEN

That's a reallyinteresting question, MaeMae, and one I had not previously looked at. Of course, the placment of Chiron - sign and house - plays a part in how this plays out.

I had this happen - to my natal Chiron in Scorpio, and late in 10th house - during 1965, and a touch in mid 1966.
1965 was my final year in high school, and I had already applied and been accepted into a teaching qualification beginning Feb 1966. My family lived in the bush, and I had to board away from home to continue my education in the city.
During 1965 I was living with a very strange family, in which the father worked nights, the daughter whose room I shared did not talk to me - ever! - and the mother was a sarcastic bee-itch!! She scrutinised everything I did, everything I said, and was always free with her put-downs. She got to use her favourite put-down when we'd watch a quizz show on TV (Pick-a-Box, for any Ozzies old enough to remember!), and this woman would ask me if I knew the answer to a question posed by the quizz-master. When I said `no', she'd then say: "Well, how can you ever be a teacher if you don't know the answer to that? You're not very clever, are you? I'm glad you won't be teaching my children." I'd then try to explain the role of a teacher, but she wasn't listening; she'd got in her 2c worth to the `intellectual elite' - which she seemed to think I thought myself as being!!!
I was very, very lonely and unhappy that year. When I complained to my parents they'd say I should be nicer to this woman, and that she'd done them a favour by taking me in! I ended up believing that the whole scenario was ultimately my fault. The Neptune-problem seemed to be that I had no clear insight at the time about the abuse and control of others over me. I genuinely believed that I was somehow to blame for my situation.

In 1966 I managed to move to another household, but whilst they were much nicer and more open, there were still the little (often subtle) control games to which I was subjected - by the father this time. One of the classic `games' which both the father (of this family) and his wife played was that if I'd spend any more than 10-15 minutes on the phone - to anyone, whether it be my parents, one of my siblings, a friend from school - they'd tell me to get off the phone because someone may be trying to call them!!! I'd do what they asked, but the phone would rarely ever ring again for them. Such a shame there was no Call Waiting in 1966!

MaeMae

Banned
R4ven -

Thank you for responding. This conjunction is occurring in my 8th house currently, at same time of my Chiron return. I can really relate to what you said, "The Neptune-problem seemed to be that I had no clear insight at the time about the abuse and control of others over me. I genuinely believed that I was somehow to blame for my situation," except I might add in my case, I am very aware of it. I have been aware of others' attempts at controlling me. It all appears very subtle and yes, I too, am asking myself what I did or have done to yield this response from others.

Natal Chiron is also conj. my south node in 8th, though still 6' away from exact.

It has seemed like a lonely time for me, as well. My take on it is that I'm in some kind of self-imposed exile.

Similar to your story about the woman and her question to you - I have come up against those type of judgements, or pointed misdirections, consitently in past several months, to the point of people with a chip for me casting outright lies and misrepresentations, or twisting the truth of a situation that ultimately makes me look bad or wrong. It's horrible, really, not something a straight shooter like myself has been accustomed to. It feels, now, that when I defend myself, or try to set the situation straight, I'm boxing in the fog. So the feeling of "exile" I mentioned seems to be the only way to address it.

Examples -

I was publically called an Anti-Semite and a Drunk by the administrator of a forum I participated in. When I responded to those claims, with the truth that I am Jewish born and indeed Sober, the information was quickly deleted and I was swept under the rug along with it.

Recently, I walked out on a job, along with two other co-workers, each of us having had the final straw with the abusive and critical new owner of the business. I had worked for the business for 3 years, the other two for 6 and 5 years. Over the last year, under his new ownership, I had become miserable at the job I once loved. I'd finally had enough and chose to leave on the spot after a tirade of his where he became so angry, he was practically spitting at me, accusing me of a problem that he knew I hadn't been responsible for! I'd heard enough and got up and walked out. Now, I've found out he says I was fired for inciting my co-workers to quit, which simply was not true. I had walked out on my own accord, as they did at his base behavior.

Of course my take on both of these issues was "did they believe I have that much power that they would need to twist the truth?" and when I tried to defend myself to the accusations, I was gotten rid of. Of course, the resultant Neptunian response, "Is this really happening?" and in terms of what you said earlier about not being aware, maybe I'm missing something as well, however my attempts to set things straight for myself, in essence, to stand up for myself, were met with a heavy hand.

Also - I have found myself being "stalked" of sorts, for lack of a better word - at least that's what it feels like - having people whom I barely know being overly attentive to my actions and goings on and recounting them to friends or acquaintances in a way that makes me look bad. Example - a casual friend of mine has a girlfriend whom I've barely ever met. The first and only time I met her, she was immediately rude to me, so I kept my distance. Anyway - I had mentioned one day to my friend, over the phone, that I was going to dinner with friends at my favorite place that night. When we arrived, I saw his girlfriend sitting at the wine bar across the room, I acknowledged her with a quick wave, but she didn't acknowledge me, acted as if she didn't see me. Even turned away quickly. We were never within 50 feet of one another, yet her story to her boyfriend, which I was informed of by a mutual friend of both ours, was that I was "really rude" to her and that I was "giving the waitress ****" when in fact, the waitress had botched my order and then tried to convince me that I had ordered what she brought, which was not what I ordered, so I had to let her know I was annoyed when she kept insisting it was what I ordered. His girlfriend had seemingly twisted the truth of the situation in a way that made me look bad. Not representing the situations truthfully or factually

Long story, but you get my drift. Strangely, there are a couple of others like it, but I won't bore you with the details.

Neptune transiting 8th - vague power issues - conj. Chiron - old wounds re-opened -
conj - SNode and opposing natal Pluto/NNode in 2nd - personal power perceived by others?

Overall, it's a time of strange power trips from others - feels like they assert power over me by making me look bad - besmirching. (and believe me, i can do that fine on my own, i don't need help usually!) My natural experiences are that when someone comes at me directly, I respond in kind, but this kind of stuff, with the strange 8th house and Neptune twists, is out of my league.

Ultimate result, a real sense of powerless right now against this kind of thing.

Anyway - obviously hope to find out more from you and others about this very uncomfortable transit. Thanks for bearing with the stories.

Last edited:

R4VEN

Overall, it's a time of strange power trips from others - feels like they assert power over me by making me look bad - besmirching. (and believe me, i can do that fine on my own, i don't need help usually!) My natural experiences are that when someone comes at me directly, I respond in kind, but this kind of stuff, with the strange 8th house and Neptune twists, is out of my league.

Ultimate result, a real sense of powerless right now against this kind of thing.

MaeMae, given you are currently enduring your Chiron-in-Pisces Return at the same time as the tr Nep conj natal Chiron, and with this taking place in your 8th house it is not surprising you are experiencing such a sense of Loss Of Personal Power - which is the domain of Chiron in 8th/Scorpio. I find it interesting that I have been the first to chime in with this, and my own Chiron is in Scorpio. Loss of Power has been a life-long issue for me (also my natal Sun-Pluto conj in my 7th adds to this power(less) mix.)

Since replying to you, and then reading your post post #3 I have done a lot of thinking about the time in my life when I experienced tr Neptune conj natal Chiron. There were Neptunian/Scorpionic/Chirotic things occurring almost every week during this time. Too numerous to mention, but I'll add a couple:
* the death of a school `friend' from a brain tumour - a headache on the Saturday night worsened, and by the Wed afternoon she was dead!! The tumour was only found during the autopsy. (unexpected death has been one of my own Chiron is Scorpio experiences)
* I became a trifle obsessed-in-love with a boy at my school (who didn't exactly return the interest) who announced to me that he was thinking of becoming a priest and working with people in the 3rd world. I was devastated by this. (He actually became a doctor, and now works with aboriginal people in the outback.) Quite Neptunian, I think. Tr Neptune was also squaring my natal Pluto in the 7th at around the same time, which acted like a double-whammy for me.
* My mother convinced me to pursue primary-teaching, even though I really wanted to teach in secondary schools. I did as she wanted (I was only 16, and not used to standing up to her) and then when I qualified, managed to get work in secondary schools anyway, as they were short of teachers of Maths and Science in the late 60's.) But I can remember the flat and powerless feeling of going along with what she wanted, even though I wanted something else entirely. Neptune really took from me my drive, fire, and especially my clarity!

In your case, MaeMae, I suspect that with Chiron being in Pisces, you are also experiencing that real sense of having your boundaries walked all over - this is Pisces, but of course, it is also Neptunian in nature.

Venusinlibra

Hi R4ven!
I have natal Jupiter conjunct natal Chiron in Pisces in the 8th house. I will soon experiment Chiron return - which means it will conjunct natal Jupiter also - and at same time, Neptune will conjunct natal Chiron and Jupiter. Add to that that my husband´s sun (placed in his 6th) is conjunct my jupiter+chiron conjunction so Chiron and Neptune will be conjunct his sun as well. He was recently diagnosed with a serious chronic disease. I´m so afraid. Is there something good that can result from that powerful transit?

Venusinlibra

Oh, and I forgot to tell: All of it will happen in opposite my natal Pluto in virgo in the 2th! Is there any hope of survival? LOL!

serafin5

Oh, and I forgot to tell: All of it will happen in opposite my natal Pluto in virgo in the 2th! Is there any hope of survival? LOL!

Hi VenusinLibra!

Please dont feel like the Lone Ranger here! I also have my Chiron in Pisces at 13deg so around June of next year tchiron and nchiron will be exact conjunct. Some months later I can expect Neptune to enter the mix; fun fun fun!!! And like you these opose NPluto all on the 4th - 10th house axis!!! Im already having to live with my brother and his wife and kids, what more can I anticipate, torture??? Oh wait, they're already doing that.... A frontal labotomy??? God I hope so

Blessings to you!!! :)
Serafin5

Venusinlibra

Hi VenusinLibra!

Please dont feel like the Lone Ranger here! I also have my Chiron in Pisces at 13deg so around June of next year tchiron and nchiron will be exact conjunct. Some months later I can expect Neptune to enter the mix; fun fun fun!!! And like you these opose NPluto all on the 4th - 10th house axis!!! Im already having to live with my brother and his wife and kids, what more can I anticipate, torture??? Oh wait, they're already doing that.... A frontal labotomy??? God I hope so

Blessings to you!!! :)
Serafin5

ahahahahahahahahaha! Thank you very much, Serafin5, you made me laugh, that felt soooooooo good! It is so good to know there are other people as miserable as myself in the world!!!! LOL!!! Now really, thank you very much! Please update me on your "progresses" (LOL!) God bless you too!

serafin5

ahahahahahahahahaha! Thank you very much, Serafin5, you made me laugh, that felt soooooooo good! It is so good to know there are other people as miserable as myself in the world!!!! LOL!!! Now really, thank you very much! Please update me on your "progresses" (LOL!) God bless you too!

You are so very welcome Venus!!! PM me anytime and let me know how you fare as well. I gotta say this past year with Saturn transitting my 12th hse it has been a shi*** year all in all so I say good riddence 2012!!!

By the way my Venus is in Aries and I have always believed that Oppositions are good in synastry so yeah for us!!! :)

God Bless and Happy Holidays

Serafin5

Venusinlibra

You are so very welcome Venus!!! PM me anytime and let me know how you fare as well. I gotta say this past year with Saturn transitting my 12th hse it has been a shi*** year all in all so I say good riddence 2012!!!

By the way my Venus is in Aries and I have always believed that Oppositions are good in synastry so yeah for us!!! :)

God Bless and Happy Holidays

Serafin5

Yes my friend, I agree. My husband´s Venus is in Aries as well, and we couldn´t possibly have more fun together. Even in the middle of an argument, we burst out in laughter! I think it is related to my Saturn in Aquarius in the 7th, which sextile his Venus. Concerning the forthcoming TNeptune conjunt NChiron transit, I think the power issues has started not too bad for me. After many years during which he supported the household, I finally found strenght to apply for Master Degree, and I have been enduring work better than ever before. I think it has to do with my fear of what is going to happen to him due to his illness... I hope Neptune don´t come to throw me in a dependent position again, taking away my newly granted power...

Have a wonderful new year! I don´t want to be ungrateful to anybody here, but your playful mood gave me such a solace as the best astrological advice I could get! Sometimes you only need a little cumplicity and a smile to feel better... (oops, I think it sounded a bit like a xmas sales advertisement...)

serafin5

Dont worry about 'how it sounds' if it feels right then say it, ya know?? Besides at this point Im shock proof!!!

So glad to hear you have an amazing relationship where arguements turn to laughter!!! You are lucky, my friend. However, I am saddened to hear that your hubby is ill. I do hope and prey that he recovers.

As far as circumstances robbing you of your new found courage to go out into the world again as you are, put blinders on and tell the Universe with positive affirmations that you will not allow ANYTHING rob you of your joy, courage and independence!!! I do believe in the power of prayer and spoken affirmations with all my heart.

Im glad I made you laugh and be happy even for just a short moment. :) Now you've made me happy; see how it all works??

God Bless
Serafin5

Claire19

I agree that your chart with transits has to be loaded. If you dont have a connection within 2 degrees with Neptune and Chiron in your natal chart then there wont be much effect. Both these bodies deal with healing though and it may be worth watching.

serafin5

I agree that your chart with transits has to be loaded. If you dont have a connection within 2 degrees with Neptune and Chiron in your natal chart then there wont be much effect. Both these bodies deal with healing though and it may be worth watching.

Hi Claire!

I need you to please clarify the above post ok? If Natal Neptune and Natal Chiron aren't in aspect than these Chiron Transits wont be too bad? Did I interpret it right? Thanks in advance as I would like to learn about this.

Blessings
Serafin5

Virgin Scorpion

I stumbled across this site and this thread as I am experiencing this transit - amongst a few other significant transits too - right now. Chiron is at the end of my 3rd natally and has just begun a transit to my IC/4th house.

I've been an international teacher for 7 or so years now, but the last 6 months I've been in a small city in Kazakhstan, near the border with Siberia. The 'ends of the earth' hardly describe it. I'm in a school system which has undermined any confidence I had about myself as a teacher and am working on hanging on to sanity till the end of my (well paid) contract.

Between and maybe in spite of all this, I met someone - we arrived at the same time - and fell in love with more force than either of have experienced before. And at 50 and 67, we have certainly had plenty of experience! In May we will finally leave here and travel and maybe find work elsewhere.. who knows. Neptune will go on to transit conjunct his Pisces Moon and opposite my Virgo Moon at the same time.

I never really thought about the Neptune to Chiron transit till I started looking at all the stuff going on as I leave here in May and reading previous posts I can relate exactly to that feeling of having all my power removed and having my insecurities laid bare in the most brutal and painful fashion. Hopefully it's almost over and, of course, I'm still standing.

Claire19

Unless you have a natal connection with these two bodies and it would have to be within 2 degres, then there wont be much effect. However they both deal with healing and of course the house placement is important.

Vista

I am getting a big dose of T Neptune and Chiron. I just experienced my Chiron Return about a year to year and a half ago in my 12th house. My father died in front of me, performed CPR and later, he was taken off life support. I lost my beloved little dog, had to short sell my home(lost my job in 2009) and move in with my mother. I didn't give much consideration to this transits "contribution" to my troubles but perhaps I should have. Soon, T Neptune will conjunct my natal Chiron in the 12th, humm....currently, T Chiron is conjunct my natal Jupiter in the 12th, but T Neptune is squaring my 7th house ruler Venus. Ut oh!!!

astro_novice

Based on astro.com, neptune conjunct chiron means "the best therapist". Learn to listen to your inner voice which is best able to reveal your true calling, or cast your mind bak to those people who somehow disappointed or betrayed you in the past.

and Chiron conjunct Jupiter means "Awkward benefits": you will now have to deal with unintentionally mised chances and failures which your success has caused you to generously sweep under the carpet or compleetely overlook.

The above transit interpretations were from astro.com which I got by creating all kinds of fictitious birth when they had free transit reports on every Thursday. There are more paragraphs of course, but apparently they are not very accurate.

Based on my own experience, you don't want to ignore chiron.

Cat

may-be because Chiron rules Virgo and as Neptune in Virgo is in detriment also Chironic compatibility is detrimental.. just a thought..

I currently have transiting Neptune one degree away from my Chiron in Pisces. I have been feeling a surfacing of many old wounds, remembering in flashbacks feelings and incidences from childhood that have been surprising. I have gained many insights into why my identity has developed the way it has and are reassessing the truth of who i actually am beyond some of the very deep scaring and harsh treatment i had in my childhood. I see how those incidences have blinded me or redirected me from my true self. I feel an ability to reclaim my soul. I am also able to remember quite vividly how i felt when i was very young. Also i have been catching myself feeling very tired and sick of being in this life, contemplating my mortality, disappointments, disillusioned. I feel more than the usual need to be alone and i am quite comfortable with it. I have severe body aches and pains which have found no diagnosis except for being related to unresolved trauma. Every time i have severe emotional pain triggered by a current relationship in my life my whole body is in pain and i can hardly move.

R4VEN

Piscean white rabbit, your experience sounds like a rather full-on Piscean wounded/healing transit, and congratulations to you for recognising it for what it is, and allowing yourself to embrace the whole experience, body aches and all. You will be better in the long run for surrendering to it, and not (God forbid!) medicating yourself, or checking out in any way, the latter of which would be rather tempting.

Neptune's boundary-dissolving qualities can allow memories and body sensations to surface, some of which may even belong within one's heredity. It doesn't much matter with whom these sensations originate, so long as you are able to feel them, and allow them to inform you, and then ultimately leave. They will leave you changed, but in a good way. :biggrin: