Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Karmic Astrology

Karmic Astrology In this forum, you're invited to share insights on subtle spiritual matters and karmic astrology.

Unread 04-13-2008, 01:36 AM

Re: Astrological Influences That May Indicate Past Lives

Seek the water houses and their spherical counterparts. Cellular memory/energies/circles of growth transferred to this lifetime incarnation in the 4th house, being the primary source of knowledge. The moon will indicate subconscious karmic imprints currently being unravelled in this life, all of its aspects are clues.

12th house to "access" past life information, certain cognisances from that "time", (neptune in any aspect to mercury/3rd house would help this access greatly, as would uranus by positive aspect).

8th house brings with it the drives to be implanted in this life, as does pluto placement. The construction of the "drive core" of the self, as it were, governed by the karmic imprint during birth.

I'd like to add as a side note that i absolutely adore discussing past lives, they are so so so important and well worth learning about for all of us!

Unread 10-09-2008, 09:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to nejispirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das
Seek the water houses and their spherical counterparts. Cellular memory/energies/circles of growth transferred to this lifetime incarnation in the 4th house, being the primary source of knowledge. The moon will indicate subconscious karmic imprints currently being unravelled in this life, all of its aspects are clues.

12th house to "access" past life information, certain cognisances from that "time", (neptune in any aspect to mercury/3rd house would help this access greatly, as would uranus by positive aspect).

8th house brings with it the drives to be implanted in this life, as does pluto placement. The construction of the "drive core" of the self, as it were, governed by the karmic imprint during birth.

I'd like to add as a side note that i absolutely adore discussing past lives, they are so so so important and well worth learning about for all of us!
Alright then, I will try to do so:

Well, with water houses, my Scorpio South Node is in one (the 3rd), along with Saturn, Pluto and Vesta; my next water house is the 7th, Pisces, but is empty, and my last one is Cancer, 11th, but again is empty.

My Moon is in Aries, in the 8th, and has always had a strong hold on me, just like anyone's moon has on them; my 12th is empty, cept for an asteroid, and it is Leo- but Uranus, I have trines with my Aries planets with Uranus and Uranus trines my Black Moon.

Of course, I do not have any aspect with Mercury in relation to Neptune and vice versa, but my chart ruler is Mercury so... hmmm.

I believe in a past life, I was indeed a Scorpio who helped run a family business, somewhere in the old middle eastern area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc0Nlzxe9aY
Unread 12-14-2008, 10:08 AM

nejispirit, [HTML][/I believe in a past life, I was indeed a Scorpio who helped run a family business, somewhere in the old middle eastern area.] why do u think that?
Unread 12-14-2008, 03:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Soul Friend Send a message via MSN to Soul Friend Send a message via Yahoo to Soul Friend

NOTE: Please do not bother to respond if you're in the least bit uninterested in the following insights as they come from a deeply sensitive personal place and I share them now only partly because of the general safety of this place which has been known to have its critics of what some might find "bad Astrology" and also "Intuitive Astrology". Through this thread I will NOT discuss those issues. This is shared solely for those who would like to grow from past life recall. Thank you.

Funny this should be the topic in my mailbox this morning. Just last night I had a preliminary interview to do a past life regression precipitated by my using my Uranian opposition to stir my own memories. I chose last night because of a variety of transits, but honestly with my sleep apnea I don't forget why it looked better. After I saw it was a better time I simply accepted it and didn't feel a need to remember details like that.

One specific I'll advise anyone pursuing this understanding is to remember that the Moon holds our memories of our souls. Experiment with that as your intuition guides you. Too, if you notice any intuitive aspects in your natal chart it helps to work on past life recall when transits activate them. This happens when an aspect is made to either of the involved natal planets OR recreates the aspect elsewhere for example if you had a Mercury for your mind or Moon for emotional soul memory aspect with say Uranus for intuition or Neptune for its visionary qualities. Another thing I've found is that when the 1st house ruler is located in the 12th house it gives dreams of the past lives so working with dreams and their recall can be incredibly helpful.

I would however give one caution. Be prepared that when things begin to flow when you tap into any strongly emotional memories or personalities from the past who are strong or passionate proceed slowly as the memory comes even if you need to stop what you're doing and start writing details down. The passion will flow in your words but maybe it might help avoid some residual recall of pain that might stress you and linger. Because I wasn't in hypnosis there was no way to prevent this happpening and I got quite the immediate ache in my jaw and neck that created a headache last night from our work. I had relived the anger of a lingering situation that had eventually led to my undeserved death but not before pummeling someone who had fabricated lies that ended in my execution.

This is a deeply personal issue so I'm sharing for the benefit of those who will prefer to grow from these discussions. Please recognize that I'm deliberately witholding some details because it's private. This is my personal life and I'm sharing only what I want to. It would be most appreciated if everyone remember that no one can be part of the experience of another and I'm not being exclusionary when I say this but I see it can be particularly blessed to have Cancer or the Moon on the 12th House to stir memories of the past lives.

My Chart

http://
Unread 03-29-2009, 06:34 AM

I have a few questions about the AT Mann technique.

First, this is the math I used to do what I believe is called the interpolation.
I used 8.40 scorpio from Draco's example.

1. I subtracted 1237 from 1253 resulting in 15.
1253-1237=15

2. I then took 15 and divided it by 60 degrees.
15/60=.25

3. I multiplied .25 by 40. The 40 came from the numbers after the 8.
.25*40=10

4. 10+ 1237=1247

Ok, so I believe that is how you interpolate the degrees.

Here are my questions:

1. What are the number behind the dgrees called? Such as my jupiter is 8'12 gemini, so I say that my jupiter is 8 degrees gemini, but what do I call the 12 part?

2. Using the Mann theory, do all the numbers in the degree have to match up in synastry to be be considered as having a past life with a person. For example, would I be considered to have a past life with someone whose jupiter is at 8'44 gemini where as my jupiter is at 8'12 gemini ?

3. If we use the AC/Dec. axis, that give us two different lives. Would we use all four corners of the natal chart or just the midheaven and the asc?

4. Would we examine the degree of the north node?

Please don't feel like you have to answer any or all of the questions, but if happen to know the answer to one or two of them, I'd love to hear it.
Unread 03-29-2009, 02:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to Soul Friend Send a message via MSN to Soul Friend Send a message via Yahoo to Soul Friend

Normally I wouldn't respond when I'm this exhausted but it feels like it will help me relax. I will help you with a couple questions even though I'm not convinced or completely familiar with AT Mann's work. Until someone else comes along who is, as an Astrologer sympathetic to the pursuit of understanding past lives I've got experience having used it to benefit the research. One work I'll suggest is that of Jeanne Avery focusing on the hard aspects of Saturn.

1. Your first question is an easy one. After degrees are minutes and if you should see anything past that it would be seconds just like a clock.

2. As I mentioned above AT Mann's work I'm not completely familiar with BUT no one in Astrology should
criticize
you for making aspects of a tighter orb but many would use a looser orb. "orb of Influence" refers to how close an aspect is measured. Your cited example is 32 minutes which isn't even a whole degree. In this study that would certainly be likely to be more than reasonable to be compared. Usually folks who like tight orbs look at 1-2 degrees when considering the tighter orbs which your well within with this example. Too loose an orb is where you find few folks supporting your data. Ancient methods would sometimes call something in the same sign or house a conjunction. Today that would only be agreed with in the presence of a rolling conjunction where multiple planets were each in orb with planets next to them but having the 1st and last
widely
separated. Usually orbs vary from task to task and certainly from aspect to aspect. Too hone your understanding you should probably spend maybe an afternoon studying orbs of influence to see what you choose to recognize.

3. My unfamiliarity with Mann again precludes me from answering this but not from responding with a thought. Using Astrology for past life research makes me aware that some ideas refer to specific connections to a life in the form of a relationship to either yourself or another person while some indications describe a personal condition or way of experiencing your life for example looking to your S. Node to determine what your past way of being was like.

4. The N.Node is more considered by the variety of the researchers I've encountered to be connected to our path in this life.

If it helps to consider a different method approaching Astrology and past lives so you can be more convinced of the interpretation I will share what I've found helpful. I like the idea of seeking to recover memories first and then looking to the chart to verify the likely match they make in viewing from a fresh perspective. A personal example I have is that I had a memory involving various family members and a family friend. I allowed all the memory to come forward prior to examining the charts. Afterward I then and only then looked at charts so as not to implant or create false memories. As much as I want to know, I don't want to waste time pursuing mistakes although if I were to grow and develop a life lesson it certainly can't be wasted time if it helps me become a better person, right? Anyhow the results of my follow up look into charts after bringing the memory forward 1st showed only the family members involved were connected to the family friend with the Part of Karma and the one member of the family not in the memory was not connected astrologically. With 4 out of 5 members involved in both the memory and Astrological connections but the one family member was not showing similar aspect connections, for me that's a telling anecdote that while not hard evidence for a skeptic it is certainly quite strong for someone looking for indications.

I hope this helps anyone looking into Past Life Research using Astrology.

Looking to the Stars,

~Soul Friend
~~~Rick

My Chart

Unread 03-29-2009, 07:56 PM

Hello Soul Friend:

Thank you for your response .

Funny that you should mention Jeanne Avery. I did a past life regression with her back in 2003. I had mixed results with the session. I definately got some good things out of it, but I don't know if I would recommend someone else to get a reading with her due to certain reasons.

I also like to use the chart to confirm what my intuition and dreams tell me, though I am actually starting to question that some after playing with AT Mann's technique. I think it is good to give any belief system that I have a good challenge on occasion. I think I'm going to buy his book to get a better understanding of his technique.

I can't recommend checking out AT Mann's technique enough. You can use his table to calculate the exact years in the past when you had critical life changes that influence the current life you are living. How amazing is that! With his technique, the minutes (thank you!) after the degree point to a particular year in history that you lived, so I don't believe the traditional take on orbs would work with his/her( I don't know if Mann is a man or a woman) technique. You might be able to use the table to confirm what some of your prior work has taught you. I'm just trying to work out some of the details of the system that I'm not sure about.

There is a link on the first page of this thread, under a post of Radu's, that will take you to the table.
Thank you again.

Last edited by lilllybelle; 03-29-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Unread 03-29-2009, 08:28 PM

Another technique I have heard of is by looking at the 12th cusp. We take the 12th cusp and consider it as the ascendant, and count the houses in reverse. Thus, the 11th becomes the second, the 10th the 3rd and so on, until we come round to the 1st which is the new 12th. Each planet we encounter along the way is said to symbolise a significant past life, the nature of which is discerned from the the nature of the planet and the new house it is in. Has anyone else heard of this technique? Hopefully you can explain it better than me. :? ===============================================

Many years ago I took a long course in "Becoming a Professional Astrologer'
with Marion March. Part of the course invloved 'past life' readings and the technique you described is the one she worked with.
We did this 12th house technique on each others charts and interpreted them and it was AMAZING.
Basically, you draw up the chart with the 12th house cusp as your asc and all the houses follow. Then you can find some very detailed info by looking at new house placements and rulerships. You can also infer your past gender by the asc and aspects to the asc. I have Aries rising in this method,
with mars in Cap in the 10th. So I may well have been a male business man
etc etc. That puts my Sat/Nep conjunction in my 7th, so my marriage may have been distant and strained, as it also opposes my new asc.
Unread 03-29-2009, 08:49 PM

I noticed a few stories here of 3 yr olds 'discussing' their past lives. My daughter did the same thing once in a very believable way. She is now 16 and a very successful singer/songwriter/actress.

When she was a toddler, she could sing like a 10 yr old. She had perfect pitch, and could instantly learn a melody and lyrics. When she was 4, her preschool class was going to sing a song at the 5 yr olds 'graduation' to kindergarten ceremony. One by one, all of the other 4 yr olds dropped out because they were suffering from stage fright. By the night of the show, nobody else wanted to sing so the teacher said lets forget it. My 4 yr old was so confused. WHY didnt anyone else want to sing? She asked the teacher if she could sing the song anyway . So she went out onstage in a packed auditorium, and sang a PERFECT rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. People in the audience cried it was so beautiful.
On the way home in the car I asked her how she learned to perform like that? She said very seriously " Don't you guys remember when I used to be a singer?"
My husband said "When, when were you a singer?"

She shrugged and said "For a long time...I was one for a long time."
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:19 AM

Hi Katydid,

I enjoyed hearing about your daughter's personal experience. Very Good!

Please though, somebody tell me how does the placement of this 12th house conversion to the Ascendant come any further to a completed chart when the signs go backwards??? As an example my 12th H is ruled by Cancer so when I go to the 11th H surely I can't be making Gemini my 2nd because that wouldn't be an appropriate chart?!?!?!? Do you simply make Leo the 2nd H and follow the order plugging planets in my current natal chart into the "past life" chart like my Leo Sun in the new 2nd H?

I don't pursue every area of Astrology but usually understand much of what I don't study like the general ideas of Horary and the concepts of Medical Astrology for example. This has been so casually introduced each time I've never begun to follow adequately. Can everyone please chime in with their understanding so I can get some grasp of this.

Thanks!

My Chart

Unread 03-30-2009, 01:57 AM

If you 12th house cusp is Cancer, then your past life chart would be draWN up with Cancer on the first house. Then Leo would be on the 2nd house cusp, and you would have the sun in the 2nd in Leo.

Then you would 'read' the chart from those new house cusps. The Cancer asc might infer that you were a woman, with a wealthy father or suitors{ sun in Leo in the 2nd]
Unread 03-30-2009, 04:12 AM

The A.T. Mann technique is different from the technique Katydid is describing. I don't have much more to contribute on the chart flipping technique than what Katydid covered in her last post.
Unread 09-30-2009, 01:29 PM

Hi,
I`m new on this forum and karma realy interests me, if anyone wants to look at my chart they are welcom.
I am working with antiscia, and I think you have to look at that chart too.
Because in that drawing I have a lot of planets in the 8th house, and in my radix chart most of them are in my 12th. so if you think of that you could say I know I am very sensetive on the inside, but cant express that in the outside world.
I have posted the antiscia charts I use for the houses cups and planets in my drawing map and my horoscope drawing is also there.

In my hometown I had a friend astrologer who also said the 12th house indicates past lifes, If i am back home I will ask him again. He knows a lot about midpoints and stuff.

I hope I did the wright thing by posting this and my english is not to bad. i am happy so many posts are her and I finaly found an active forum.
Unread 10-03-2009, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
If you 12th house cusp is Cancer, then your past life chart would be draWN up with Cancer on the first house. Then Leo would be on the 2nd house cusp, and you would have the sun in the 2nd in Leo.

Then you would 'read' the chart from those new house cusps. The Cancer asc might infer that you were a woman, with a wealthy father or suitors{ sun in Leo in the 2nd]

While I can certainly understand the moving of the signs and reinterpreting don''t you think we should shy away from the assigning of gender since masculine and feminine signs each have plenty of people of the opposite gender? I think you've taken one of those leaps that skeptics tend to use to discredit the "science" of what we seek to maintain unless you were simply trying to create an example. I think a better idea would be to contrast the willingness of the Leo to put themselves out into public verses the Cancer and their way of keeping their inner selves protected.

My Chart

Unread 10-03-2009, 07:09 PM

Hi Lillybelle,

I'm so glad someone aware of the differences responded. Can you please share elements of the technique to give us a framework of understanding perhaps with an example? That's what has really been missing. Tell us more. I'm not looking for you to do my chart but I would like an understandably well crafted description by someone who can take a few minutes and know it's helpful.

Thanks!

My Chart

Unread 10-05-2009, 02:35 PM

Arrow Re: Astrological Influences That May Indicate Past Lives

I have found an interesting tread, that also speaks about past lives.
http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/BookKarmaHouse3.htm

Last edited by robin5866; 10-05-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: forgot the tread!
Unread 10-25-2009, 01:28 PM

What Ive read is that it is only a suggestion of some Esoteric Schools...yet yesterday I gave an Astrological Consultation and the position of the Moon of my client, relating to this theory make to me all the sense in the analysis of her Karmic Chart...
Unread 11-02-2009, 09:03 AM

Hi, paulomercurio

Well, I have found something strange too. My mother, doughter and me all have moon in pisces, and my sister has moon is scorpio. I loocked at the charts of my grandmother and greatgrandmother and they also have moon in pisces or scorpio. (when you take the ascentia of moon in pisces you get moon in scorpio, and visa versa)
When I saw that for the first time, I was stunned. That is a carmic line in our family.
Also we have a lot of members with moon in Capricorn, or the earth signes. and also Mercury retrograde.(my doughter, sister and me)

I wanted to look at the treat again but it didn`t work annymore.
Unread 11-13-2009, 08:39 PM

To Lapis, on Karmic Astrology and past lives

To Lapis (or anyone else who knows about intercepted signs):

I know this is years later- I hope you are still around and I hope others are willing to pick this discussion up again. I was reading the responses in this forum and you mentioned intercepted signs helping you find out more about your past lives. Could you explain more about intercepted signs indicating past life info? I don't know too much about intercepted signs and I feel that mine hold the key to many things I need to know.

My nodes happen to be in my intercepted signs. Saturn is conjunct my south node in scorpio in the fifth house and pluto, planet of soul evolution and transformation is in scorpio intercepted in the fifth also. obviously that means taurus is intercepted in the eleventh (no planets). Do you think that means I've lived many lives making the same mistakes? the co-ruler of scorpio along with the ruler of taurus are conjunct in pisces on the midheaven.

So, what did your intercepted signs tell you?
Unread 11-15-2009, 03:18 AM

Re: To Lapis, on Karmic Astrology and past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbletree View Post
To Lapis (or anyone else who knows about intercepted signs):

I know this is years later- I hope you are still around and I hope others are willing to pick this discussion up again. I was reading the responses in this forum and you mentioned intercepted signs helping you find out more about your past lives. Could you explain more about intercepted signs indicating past life info? I don't know too much about intercepted signs and I feel that mine hold the key to many things I need to know.

My nodes happen to be in my intercepted signs. Saturn is conjunct my south node in scorpio in the fifth house and pluto, planet of soul evolution and transformation is in scorpio intercepted in the fifth also. obviously that means taurus is intercepted in the eleventh (no planets). Do you think that means I've lived many lives making the same mistakes? the co-ruler of scorpio along with the ruler of taurus are conjunct in pisces on the midheaven.

So, what did your intercepted signs tell you?
I have INtercepted Uranus in the 4th in interception method. Using equal house and whole sign methods gets rid of this. I dont think it is really valid.
Unread 11-17-2009, 03:16 AM

What an interesting topic!
I hope more knowledgeable members can post more information.

I have one of A.T Mann's books, but not the one that was mentioned here. His technique is interesting but is it accurate?

It seems that what many suspect is true... I have been called an old soul by many, and after viewing this table I find out that all my personal planets fall on degrees which correspond to 20 000 years ago. I am not even sure what type of life existed back then. Maybe my experience was so significant because I lived on Atlantis :P ohhhhh I'm getting off topic... but I'm convinced I lived back then...

I also noticed that I had many significant lives between 1600 and 1700, short lives, but significant I suppose... after that, nothing really happened...I stayed dormant for awhile.

Now onto more astrology-related stuff...

I am skeptical about intercepted houses. I have 8 planets on the Taurus-Scorpio axis (11th/5th Houses) which is intercepted, and although it would explain why life hasn't been a walk in the park, it just seems to heavy of a karmic load to deal with in one incarnation.

As for retrograde planets... again not sure... I have so many, and they do turn direct in progressions... therefore I would need more information to be convinced.

Now here's my question... I have 2 planets at 0 degrees, is this karmically significant? If so what does it mean?

(For those who want to know they are: Pluto in Scorpio/Venus in Taurus-- I also have Venus oppose Pluto from the 11th to the 5th)
Unread 11-17-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbearer50 View Post
guest(hel141?)

Hi. An excellent topic for discussion. If we believe in reincarnation, and that we can be the opposite sex in a past life, we can bring much light to many sexual issues in this life. For example, transgendered people who believe they were born in the wrong body would be people who strongly
identify with their past life as the opposite and cannot relate and be comfortable in their present body.
In your case this could be similar, you really don't relate to your femininity because of your soul memory of a recent male incarnation. You could be on to the answer for you with your Cancer NN.

This covers so much territory. Homosexuality, bisexuality, transgenders, the "war" between the sexes. If we examine all this through the lens of reincarnating as the opposite sex maybe we can understand more and bring about real sexual healing. Let's see what others have to say,

Blessings,

WB50
I agree, I have NN in 4th house and I have always felt that in this life I was insignificant because I was not in authority. I realise that I have to turn my energies into dealing with domestic issues, family etc. rather than being out there with a career and a male authorityfigure I feel I have been before. I have Aquarius conjunct NN and so I need freedom within the domestic sphere and also the study of astrology has come into it. It is in Gemini so I have to learn rather than teach this time around and find within my teaching role that I am learning from the pupil or becoming also the pupil. I believe Saturn aspects are indicative of past conditions also.
The 12th house for past karmic issues which cause neuroses and self undoing this time. HOwever it can be the where we express our compassionate and unselfish and charitable side and create good karma. Wont bore you with my Saturn condition.

Last edited by Claire19; 11-17-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Unread 11-17-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robin5866 View Post
Hi, paulomercurio

Well, I have found something strange too. My mother, doughter and me all have moon in pisces, and my sister has moon is scorpio. I loocked at the charts of my grandmother and greatgrandmother and they also have moon in pisces or scorpio. (when you take the ascentia of moon in pisces you get moon in scorpio, and visa versa)
When I saw that for the first time, I was stunned. That is a carmic line in our family.
Also we have a lot of members with moon in Capricorn, or the earth signes. and also Mercury retrograde.(my doughter, sister and me)

I wanted to look at the treat again but it didn`t work annymore.
You are mentioning three earth signs and two water signs, that is five out of 12 so not really such a phenomenon.

I have so many Gemini Sun's in my family it is unbelievable and I have Gemini on the 4th house of family. Also Gemini rising figures greatly.
I think there are patterns in families for sure.
Unread 11-17-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post

I have so many Gemini Sun's in my family it is unbelievable and I have Gemini on the 4th house of family. Also Gemini rising figures greatly.
I think there are patterns in families for sure.
I have noticed a pattern too, and it involves Gemini.

My NN is in Gemini 12th House. My Chiron is also in Gemini, and my greatest wound so far is my father's death which occurred when I was a teen. My father was a Gemini Sun.

Also, I have noticed this pattern...

I have a Taurus Sun/Cancer Ascendant/Taurus Moon... my mother has a Cancer Sun/ Taurus Moon and my brother has a Gemini Sun/Taurus Ascendant...

Also, my brother's NN is in the same sign as my mother's sun and my NN is in the same sign as my father's sun... Same applies for Chiron...

I don't know what any of this means but it appears as though we all have astrological patterns in our families.
Unread 11-20-2009, 12:06 PM

Hi
I'm a little late may be but .......

Do you people noticed that the draconic chart houses fit to the houses of the method that was mentioned above - not for the degrees of the house cusps but for the signs(about 12H that we take for AC and so on....when using equal house system).The different thing is that the planets save their position(if I got the method right)......in the draconic the planets change their position.....you can check it.......
Example: Draconic chart 2nd house cusp 5'30 degree Capricorn, 2nd house empty
The method 2nd house cusp 22'39 degree Capricorn, 2nd house Jupiter in Aquarius

So ....mmmmmmmm.........what would be your thoughts about that....??

Last edited by vanila; 11-20-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Tags
astrological, influences, lives, past