Afflicted Venus & Not Relating to Women or Femininity

WeCareALot

My Venus is completely busted. It's in Aries and it closely conjuncts my Sun in Aries. One of the things I've noticed about this placement is that I often find myself thinking like a man, especially when it comes to intimate relationships. And it's not always done in a good way. I find it much harder to relate to women's perspectives, especially on things like male attention and feminism. I recently had a discussion with a female friend where we argued over whether it's contradictory for women to criticize the way men approach them but then getting mad when men don't approach them at all. I thought that was contradictory but she disagreed.

Another big thing is that I've noticed I don't feel comfortable at all with anything feminine. Dressing up and wearing makeup (unless it's done more androgynously) makes me feel like a broodmare being put on display for others. It feels gross, uncomfortable, and powerless to me. I'm wondering if this could be due to my Venus placement? Or, are there other factors at work?

Chart is included!

Attachments

• natal chart.jpg
    natal chart.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 48

miquar

Hi WeCareAlot. I think that it does have a lot to do with Venus. Venus symbolises the function within the psyche which enables us to appreciate beauty and worth, and many people of both genders try to enhance their sense of inner beauty and self-worth by conforming to current notions of beauty. But your Venus is in Aries conjunct the Aries Sun and square Uranus, so a compelling need for independence and autonomy prevents you from doing anything so conformist.

Also relevant is Moon rising in Libra, because Libra tends towards androgyny. These important Libra placements make Venus very powerful in your chart.

The closest major aspect to Venus is the square to Chiron, and this must also have some relevance. It is possible that, although your need to be autonomous in the way you adorn yourself is valid and right for you, you may also feel afraid of trying to look feminine in case it goes wrong. This could reflect a wound to your sense of self-worth. You may also believe (9th house) that it is unfair that some people are born better endowed with certain collectively favoured attributes than others. Chiron is in Cancer, which is associated with one aspect of the feminine.

Pluto in Scorpio on the 2nd cusp could also be relevant, because the 2nd house is connected with the body and body image, and Pluto does not want to give away power. Venus is sesquiquadrate Pluto, too.

WeCareALot

Hi miquar,

Thanks for your response! I always appreciate your posts.

One quick question re: sesquiquadrates-- would it be accurate to think of them like squares? I only ask because I haven't really found any descriptions of Venus sesquiquadrate Pluto but I have read descriptions of Venus square Pluto that somewhat fit me. Are sesquiquadrates sort of like diluted squares?

WeCareALot

The closest major aspect to Venus is the square to Chiron, and this must also have some relevance. It is possible that, although your need to be autonomous in the way you adorn yourself is valid and right for you, you may also feel afraid of trying to look feminine in case it goes wrong. This could reflect a wound to your sense of self-worth. You may also believe (9th house) that it is unfair that some people are born better endowed with certain collectively favoured attributes than others. Chiron is in Cancer, which is associated with one aspect of the feminine.

Haha, and once again, miquar, you hit the nail directly on its head! Yes, the wounding thing is true. But I don't necessarily think it's unfair that some people have are better endowed. I think that's just the way it is--some people have advantages that others don't. I believe people would be better off just making do with what they have and taking their native resources as far as they can go.

Pluto in Scorpio on the 2nd cusp could also be relevant, because the 2nd house is connected with the body and body image, and Pluto does not want to give away power. Venus is sesquiquadrate Pluto, too.

Yes, I hate the idea of trying to look a certain way for others. It's repulsive to me--like being a broodmare prancing around. I understand that a lot of people are able to use their appearance to seduce and get what they want as a kind of 'soft' power. And that's fine. But I definitely favor more direct, 'masculine' forms of 'hard' power. I just feel like 'soft' power is too dependent on other people's approval.

Thank you for your response!

miquar

Hi. Thanks for your response. Yes, I think that semisquares and sesquiquadrates can be treated as similar to squares. But there is something a little more subliminal about them. This is a general principle that applies to all aspects - the larger the number on which the aspect is based, the less obvious the relationship is between the aspecting planets.

Looking at the two-series aspects, the opposition (2) manifests in a very obvious way, and a decision has to be made about how to move forward.

With the square (4), the relationship between the planets is still quite obvious, and there is generally a need to consciously adjust one's attitude in order to get the planets working together well. And yet the planets are more 'under one another's skin' - less distinct from one another, and tending to make a joint effort of some kind without this being consciously chosen.

And then with the semisquare and sesquiquadrate (8), the manifestation of something which is a result of a combined effort is more automatic, and the sense of a tension between two drives is more subtle.

Although you believe that its OK for some to be 'better endowed' than others, do you feel sympathy for those who are 'dealt a bad hand' in some way and suffer because of it, or does the Aries part of you think that they should just stop being a victim and make the best of it?

WeCareALot

Hi miquar. Thanks for the sesqui and semi-square info!

Although you believe that its OK for some to be 'better endowed' than others, do you feel sympathy for those who are 'dealt a bad hand' in some way and suffer because of it, or does the Aries part of you think that they should just stop being a victim and make the best of it?

Yes, although I'm not sure if this is due to my Aries side (I've always thought it was a Saturn/Cap thing actually). I understand how life is harder for people that have been dealt a bad hand, but I don't feel sympathy for them. I just think it's a given that life is unfair--some people will have more resources at their disposal than others. The practical thing to do is take what one has, push it as far as it can go, and learn to make good decisions. It's baffling to me how even privileged people don't do this. A few resources/endowments pushed to their capacity can take people a lot further than they think and lead to more endowments. It's all a matter of working with what you have and doing your best to turn lead into gold. But people get down on themselves, are full of self-pity and they make terrible choices (usually with money and personal relationships from what I've seen and not being goal-oriented) that sink them even further into a hole.

But to be fair, I'm guilty of this myself. :pouty:

miquar

Yes I think you're right - Saturn is more likely to be down on people who don't take responsibility for improving their own situation. But I wouldn't have thought that Saturn is very strong in your chart.

I just looked at your chart again and Saturn seems to be about a degree from your Sun/Moon midpoint! The sextile to Pluto in the 2nd house is probably also significant: "A few resources/endowments pushed to their capacity can take people a lot further than they think"

The conjunction with Neptune (which is exactly on the Sun/Moon midpoint) perhaps reflects your strong awareness that it is possible to express the combined influence of Saturn and Neptune by actualising dreams, but also by giving in to self-pity.

Thanks for this interesting thread.

theV

I also thinks that trine between mars and venus could indicate the issues as this aspect hint to the need to balance between tha anima and animus the yin and yan,you could lean to both sides depending on your nature,so sometimes you might feel less feminine.

and you have sun and venus square uranus and chiron and that's indicate a unique and wounded persona,the feeling of being different from others I would love to say embrace it,use that surge of uranus and chiron aspect to be unique.

I also believe that you were born during the full moon since your sun opposite your moon by sign not orb,that makes Part Of Fortune in the seven house and relationship is very important for full moon born native.

Also the 8th mars in women's chart create the iron woman,strong.plus you have it conjunct jupiter which expand your masculine side.

Also check Pallas Athene,Lilith asteroid and Eris position in the chart.

WeCareALot

I also thinks that trine between mars and venus could indicate the issues as this aspect hint to the need to balance between tha anima and animus the yin and yan,you could lean to both sides depending on your nature,so sometimes you might feel less feminine.

and you have sun and venus square uranus and chiron and that's indicate a unique and wounded persona,the feeling of being different from others I would love to say embrace it,use that surge of uranus and chiron aspect to be unique.

I also believe that you were born during the full moon since your sun opposite your moon by sign not orb,that makes Part Of Fortune in the seven house and relationship is very important for full moon born native.

Also the 8th mars in women's chart create the iron woman,strong.plus you have it conjunct jupiter which expand your masculine side.

Also check Pallas Athene,Lilith asteroid and Eris position in the chart.

Hi TheV, thanks for your response! A couple of points:

My Part of Fortune is in Aries at the 1 degree, and it's actually in my 6th house. It's right between my Venus and my Sun.

The state of Lilith in my chart is horrible: she's in the 12th house in Libra and opposite my Sun :sick:. I try to ignore her for that reason, haha.

I never considered Chiron to be that important but after reading a description of Chiron in Cancer in the 9th house, it seems to be a major part of my psyche. The description talked about feeling disillusioned with spirituality and struggling to bridge reality with one's spiritual ideals. That rang pretty true for me especially with Cancer-Capricorn issues. I miss certain aspects of my childhood terribly--mainly the freedom of expression and disinhibition, both of which I think are removed when you have to grow up and be an adult (Capricorn). It's hard for me to balance uninhibited self-expression with fitting in with adults and not alienating myself from. The frustrating thing is that I've inhibited my self-expression, and yet I'm still isolated from others :pouty:.

theV

Hi TheV, thanks for your response! A couple of points:

My Part of Fortune is in Aries at the 1 degree, and it's actually in my 6th house. It's right between my Venus and my Sun.

The state of Lilith in my chart is horrible: she's in the 12th house in Libra and opposite my Sun :sick:. I try to ignore her for that reason, haha.

I never considered Chiron to be that important but after reading a description of Chiron in Cancer in the 9th house, it seems to be a major part of my psyche. The description talked about feeling disillusioned with spirituality and struggling to bridge reality with one's spiritual ideals. That rang pretty true for me especially with Cancer-Capricorn issues. I miss certain aspects of my childhood terribly--mainly the freedom of expression and disinhibition, both of which I think are removed when you have to grow up and be an adult (Capricorn). It's hard for me to balance uninhibited self-expression with fitting in with adults and not alienating myself from. The frustrating thing is that I've inhibited my self-expression, and yet I'm still isolated from others :pouty:.

That's what happen usually during the process of growth.The more we are near the adulthood the more we change,I guess when we were young we were naive,that our mind can't grasp to certain things but since we grow I think life impose such themes and life situation that force certain change on us.

I have also have a moment of change,I think i became more complex and introverted each time i grow.

JUPITERASC

My Venus is completely busted.

It's in Aries
and
it closely conjuncts my Sun in Aries.

One of the things I've noticed about this placement is that I often find myself thinking like a man, especially when it comes to intimate relationships. And it's not always done in a good way. I find it much harder to relate to women's perspectives, especially on things like male attention and feminism. I recently had a discussion with a female friend where we argued over whether it's contradictory for women to criticize the way men approach them but then getting mad when men don't approach them at all. I thought that was contradictory but she disagreed.

Another big thing is that I've noticed I don't feel comfortable at all with anything feminine. Dressing up and wearing makeup (unless it's done more androgynously) makes me feel like a broodmare being put on display for others. It feels gross, uncomfortable, and powerless to me. I'm wondering if this could be due to my Venus placement? Or, are there other factors at work?

Chart is included!
Aries is 7th House SIGN
and so
your natal Aries Venus is located in 7th SIGN
and
your natal Aries Sun is also located in 7th SIGN

Using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES highlights clearly
that the house location of any natal planet is entirely dependent
on the house system chosen
Extended Chart Selection page at astro.com
offers a choice of fourteen different house systems
so this fact is easily verified

'...In no other area of astrology
is there so much mess and confusion than in the area of the so-called "houses".
There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems
or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable
or
meant the same thing.
A planet in Aries
was also
a planet in the house of Aries
:smile:
so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today....'

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

Useful discussion threads:
WHOLE SIGNS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163
WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39669

'....If a planet is situated in a sign which opposes its own
it is said to be in detriment,
a word which literally means to be harmed or damaged.

Since a planet's own sign is regarded as its stronghold,

it follows that the furthest sign from this
should be viewed as its most vulnerable position.

A planet in detriment or fall is in a precarious condition,
more so if it is peregrine or otherwise afflicted.....'

Your natal Venus is Peregrine due to having no Essential Dignity
and also

is combust due to close proximity to the Sun
Traditionally these are serious debilities
and
implying that the planet is weakened

or

restricted in power
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/combust.html

Venus is your Ascendant and 1st House Ruler

Main Rulerships of 1st House are:

'....Life, vitality and health.
Stature, colour, complexion, form and shape of body.
Older sources note its influence upon the intellect, the way the mind works, and speech.

In general, the first house
represents the focal point for the personality
and
manner of expression.

As well as describing the physical appearance,
the condition of this house
and that of its planetary ruler
indicates the level of personal vitality and strength.....'

and so

since the ruler of 1st house is in detriment, peregrine and combust
and therefore seriously debilitated
the personality and manner of expression are affected
by being harmed in some way,
in this case, leading to perhaps inappropriate ways of acting

The table shows that Venus is in Detriment in Aries

dignities2.gif

HOW TO READ THIS TABLE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig2.html

WeCareALot

is venus afflicted if it only makes squares?

I think that squares play a big part in whether a planet is afflicted or not since they indicate obstacles that need to be overcome. But I also consider my Venus to be afflicted because it's in detriment, combust, and in a cadent house (the 6th). So there's more to it than just the fact that it has squares.

roz

mine is in the 1st so that should be good(?) but it makes 3 squares with moon, mars and pluto and no positive aspects unless you count trine to midheaven and conjunction with the ascendant.

dhundhun

My Venus is completely busted. It's in Aries and it closely conjuncts my Sun in Aries. One of the things I've noticed about this placement is that I often find myself thinking like a man, especially when it comes to intimate relationships. And it's not always done in a good way. I find it much harder to relate to women's perspectives, especially on things like male attention and feminism. I recently had a discussion with a female friend where we argued over whether it's contradictory for women to criticize the way men approach them but then getting mad when men don't approach them at all. I thought that was contradictory but she disagreed.

Chart is included!

Venus is combusted. A combusted planet is supposed weak in its own energy and partly it blends into Sun (Sun is in Aries). Venus rules your 1st house and 8th house. You are experiencing shift in expected behavior due to the combustion.

WeCareALot

Yeah, I don't know about combustion but I definitely think that my Venus being in Aries has something to do with it. And also that Uranus is squaring it. I just can't feel comfortable acting ~like a woman~ or any kind of feminine way. I realized recently that I'm also pretty egotistical, lol.

The hard part about a busted Venus is the constant back-and-forth of emotion--I want to be accepted (Venus) but I also want to fight people, lol. Sometimes, I'll get all the exact acceptance I want (friends, people inviting me out to things, etc.), but then I'll end up pushing people away because I want to argue or debate with them (Aries), and I get very detached to the point where I just don't want to empathize with their problems the way friends are expected to (which I chalk up to Uranus).

Anyway, I think I just need to find a way to channel my energies.