What do you think happens after our earthly incarnations?

ashriia

After we are done fumbling through our earthly lives/and many incarnations developing our spiritual self. What do you think happens? Where does the spirit/soul go..? Or do you think the cycle is endless...

Snakechammah

I believe in the Brian Weiss theory, so I guess we will be re-born into another life, with a whole new set of natal chart!

Of course our South Node and North Node will be adjusted accordingly depending how many of the lessons we have accomplished in the previous lives!

That's just what I believe, personally! To each his own.

ashriia

I'll expand on this topic a little more.. probably too many questions.. :biggrin:

but...

If you believe in past lives... do you also believe in spirits... such as the spirit of a loved one being present after passing?

If so, how do you work out believing in both?

Tessie

Banned
I'll expand on this topic a little more.. probably too many questions.. :biggrin:

but...

If you believe in past lives... do you also believe in spirits... such as the spirit of a loved one being present after passing?

The flesh is finite; the spirit is infinite.

JUPITERASC

After we are done fumbling through our earthly lives/and many incarnations developing our spiritual self.

What do you think happens?

Where does the spirit/soul go..?

Or do you think the cycle is endless...
20-timeless-quotes-from-rumi-7-638.jpg

unseen-roots-prana.png

muchacho

After we are done fumbling through our earthly lives/and many incarnations developing our spiritual self. What do you think happens? Where does the spirit/soul go..? Or do you think the cycle is endless...
Depends on what your definition of 'spirit' and 'soul' and 'self' is.

JUPITERASC

After we are done fumbling through our earthly lives/and many incarnations developing our spiritual self.
What do you think happens?
Where does the spirit/soul go..?
Or do you think the cycle is endless...
If the cycle has an end then the cycle has a beginning
If the cycle is endless then the cycle has no beginning
:smile:

ashriia

Depends on what your definition of 'spirit' and 'soul' and 'self' is.

It's a question. As such, completely open to Your own interpretation. A question I throw out there because I think it's interesting/would be interesting to hear different perspectives from anyone with a serious interest in astrology concerning this question.

Oddity

I believe we're born to serve God in some capacity - that's what our natal charts are about. We do that in life. And then, having served that purpose, we die.

I can't say that I know, because I am not that arrogant, and it is not something we can know. But that is my belief.

ashriia

I believe we're born to serve God in some capacity - that's what our natal charts are about. We do that in life. And then, having served that purpose, we die.

My beliefs are fairly similar to this.

Do you believe this purpose is served over many lifetimes or a single one?

I've heard some people say that since time is a human construct that all our lives are happening simultaneously - that is if you are given to the belief of several or hundreds of incarnations. If not, then nevermind.:tongue::bandit:

kimbermoon

What happens after we die. My thoughts:

I believe that much depends on your frame of reference in life and the belief systems you have developed. Indeed it is an individual matter, with various different opinions.

For me, I have the full belief that after the physical experience is passed, our consciousness continues in it's evolution as a Soul and moves on to explore new realms of reality. Perhaps we then go through a processing program of clearing away our spirit from all the hindrances and mistaken beliefs we carry within our Soul. That has much to do with the purging wrought by Pluto, in astrology. I personally believe this planet does represent the Soul.

Once we have been purged clean, we are then free to rise again, as with the symbol of the Phoenix. It is about resurrection, not unlike what is portrayed by the crucifixion of the Christ, for the Christians, in the system of Christianity. Of course no one can say for sure what happens next, but the themes portrayed in movies such as 'Ghost' and 'What Dreams May Come' are pretty compelling to me.

Also in 'Heaven is for Real' it's theme is based on building up evidence about that concept. And of course we have all those authors offering their own evidence of life after dead over the years. The stories of reincarnated individuals also seem quite convincing to me, although I don't really know what purpose it has in this reality.

I was in my mid thirties when my own mother passed prematurely, and it was during that process that I began investigating my own thoughts about dying as well as increasing my interest in astrology.
I read the works of Kubler-Ross called 'On Death and Dying'. Along with a number of other books, I gained much comfort from what I read. Also in reading the comprehensive series of books based on the channeling of an entity called 'Seth' there was much grist for the mill regarding the matter.

Much of what I think about death and dying was gleaned from being well-read, supported with my own Mercury/Uranus conjunct in Cancer. I was always curious about things and wanted to be always learning more. Scorpio Rising kept my interest in the mysteries of life, and other mystical pursuits.

Now in my 60's, after having experienced two Saturn Returns, I am quite confident in the beliefs and truths that I have adopted as my own. In turn they give me comfort and trust that all things work out as they are meant to, while we are living through this particular Universal experience. For many it is about being here to serve Gd, which is a separate factor worthy of discussion.

As I have experienced life, in this turn of the wheel, I believe also that Life is about 'Learning through a Higher Consciousness' and eventually returning to The Source. That source is really accessed through Creativity, which ultimately represents the Gd that many need to imagine he/she to be. There is not but one force that guides us and motivates us to act, but rather it is the 'female and the male energies' that attempt to work together through the Yin and the Yang. That is my vision of GD. As such, the whole of Nature also teaches us about the Creators.

I do think that once we give up the Ghost and pass over, we begin living in a new reality that is more of our own making. As is often said, 'Heaven is Within' and that truly was the message the Christ attempted to make.

What meets us on the other side may seem highly abstract and it will be up to us what we make of it, just as we are required to do in this frame of reality [in the body]. Perhaps we go on to another planet in the afterlife, or a different Universe. Some claim there to be 'parallel Universes' all happening at the same time. That sounds rather confusing to me, when I am actually hoping for greater peace and relaxation when I pass my training in this life.

And now I am working to become a competent astrologer in the next life, dedicated to preparing the entry charts for new Souls coming back to the earth.
Just hoping I don't have to come back too soon! A nice cottage on the beach would suit me just fine.

muchacho

It's a question. As such, completely open to Your own interpretation. A question I throw out there because I think it's interesting/would be interesting to hear different perspectives from anyone with a serious interest in astrology concerning this question.
Okay, in my book, spirit is synonymous with consciousness and consciousness (or God) is all there is. Which means everything is happening in consciousness as consciousness. There is no separation. There are no hierarchies. There are no others. Souls or selfs are just unique points of consciousness, points of perception, vantage points. Death is just the switching from one vantage point to another. In that sense death is similar to what happens every night when we fall asleep. Our waking world disappears and another world (dream world) appears. From the vantage point of our normal waking world, the dream world is illusory. From the vantage point of our dream world, the normal waking world is illusory. In reality, they are both illusory, they both come and go. And what comes and goes is not real. Only what is always there and unchanging is real. In that sense, our lives, our souls and our selfs are not real and our experiences aren't real either. Nevertheless they are happening. The purpose they serve is that they enable consciousness to experience itself. Consciousness has no ears and no eyes. Pure consciousness is without attributes. If consciousness (or God) wants to have an experience like the experience of sight, then consciousness (or God) will look thru our eyes at us. So what's going on here on this forum is basically just consciousness (or God) meeting consciousness (or God) in order to talk about consciousness (or God). :lol:

ashriia

Really fascinating to reflect on! :smile:

Okay, in my book, spirit is synonymous with consciousness and consciousness (or God) is all there is. Which means everything is happening in consciousness as consciousness. There is no separation. There are no hierarchies. There are no others. Souls or selfs are just unique points of consciousness, points of perception, vantage points. Death is just the switching from one vantage point to another. In that sense death is similar to what happens every night when we fall asleep. Our waking world disappears and another world (dream world) appears. From the vantage point of our normal waking world, the dream world is illusory. From the vantage point of our dream world, the normal waking world is illusory. In reality, they are both illusory, they both come and go. And what comes and goes is not real. Only what is always there and unchanging is real. In that sense, our lives, our souls and our selfs are not real and our experiences aren't real either. Nevertheless they are happening. The purpose they serve is that they enable consciousness to experience itself. Consciousness has no ears and no eyes. Pure consciousness is without attributes. If consciousness (or God) wants to have an experience like the experience of sight, then consciousness (or God) will look thru our eyes at us. So what's going on here on this forum is basically just consciousness (or God) meeting consciousness (or God) in order to talk about consciousness (or God). :lol:

retinoid

I think it depends. I do not believe in a succession of lives, your soul does not exist in time. One thing after another and another or evolution of things belongs to this reality and the 'lower' realms.

So i think the answer depends on which point of reference or level you are at. In this physical existence, you will hear people talk about soul evolution and learning and experiencing and serving god or earth or having a mission.

If you were the soul though, you just are. Like flying above new york city in a plane-not concerned with traffic or crime or rent!

Last edited:

StillOne

Depending on your karma, you'll be reborn accordingly. Some will reincarnate back on Earth in order to continue learning lessons in the material world and others will reincarnate in other forms, elsewhere in this vast Universe, to learn other lessons.

Last edited:

Tessie

Banned

There is a physical law, I forget what it is called, that all physical existence heads toward destruction. What we understand as spiritual existence, on the other hand, seems not amenable to destruction but, if anything, to ascension. The Bible gives perhaps a simplified view when it categorizes spiritual death as an outcome of dogmatically rebellious behaviours, when astrology shows us value judgements of this type are not strictly truth-proper but, rather, soul and psychological perspective, only. For instance, with time, we learn the value of life events we once thought were meaningless or unfortunate. I think this soup of individual and differing perspectives is necessary for Earth to qualify as a type of school. We are all like Brownian Motion bouncing off one another, or sharpening each other like iron and iron; physically dying but spiritually evolving.

I've found myself often irritated in life by the people around me who have ultimately hurt me in some way. What's hurt me even more, however, is learning my faults in hurting others through own ignorance by insisting on my view. It was never truly a war between me and them, ever; it was a war between me and me; the physical me with the narrow, lazy mind, and the spiritual me that I shut out when I am preoccupied with the self. Even if I win against someone, I immediately feel a loss inside, probably because I am not here to compete but to love. On the rare occasion, when I've been strong enough to be selfless, the outcome has been a feeling of release from the prison of self. These shifts in perspective show me, deep down, I learn nothing except the value of love, everything else, by comparison, is meaningless. What I mean is, I know nothing except the value of love. From birth, instinctively, we get upset when we do not get it; and it can be the greatest gift when we give it. We are so constrained in the human condition, we spend our lives learning about the value of love.

I say all that because I think we need the people/situations who we perceive to be bad to sharpen us into growing in love; we can't grow in love without them. We know our love all too well for those we perceive to be good, when we lose them or they die and love is the only thing that survives. Even when, what seem like, unfortunate things happen, like tragedies, it is perhaps of not much use to take on a stance of anger, but acceptance of perspective, a cause-effect universe, that whatever is lost will find the perfect balance, again. Feelings of guilt about things said and not said and done are of no use, because we are seldom in control of the greater scheme, and that is a good thing. This life is characterised by death and it only teaches us about love. Physically we know we live a short life and perish; but, spiritually, my relationship with God tells me we are in a system. The only question is, does it have purpose or is it purposeless? Is anything in the universe purposeless?

The medium of natal astrology is to me, in part, a depiction of placing the shoe on the other foot, a unique prescription according to unique soul growth for a lifetime of walking in someone else's moccasins. We will each get to experience the 'other side,' ultimately, of that love we failed to give or receive (I feel like Joey from Friends). The Bible says in Luke (20:42-43), God will make your enemies the footstool for your feet. So far in my life, I've come to understand this verse to exemplify one of the ways we grow in love is by humility (and the other fruits of the Spirit, like patience, long-suffering, etc.) in this world. I think some religious teachings are inspired spiritually by our Source and heeding them can assist, if not accelerate, the process to graduation -- when we mature in love, to such a great extent, the completely selfless extent, that the self can no longer weigh down the spirit; the spirit will just ascend to become One with the Source.

God, in His Grace, allows to us to cushion the blows by having a relationship with Him and exercising some free will over our circumstances. But, in sum, our real power is in overturning it and our graduation is when we become that real power which is true love.

Just my perspective, of course.

retinoid

but...

I have been able to contact some spirits after death for people who were in extreme mourning (I do not do it professionally. Only have done it twice). If I come into contact I get images for communication, like relevant images that were important in real life and I feel their presence. Mediumship is real-yet I believe in reincarnation.

As i said in the previous post, we look at reincarnation as past and future lives and in a limited perspective since we are limited. We may be living thousands of lives all at once.

I do not know how mediumship files under reincarnation honestly. I could provide conjecture but I am not sure. I think in some sense our astral shells from previous lives may still be contacted unless they are self realized and get absorbed back into the Soul, which for most people that takes a while unless they are heavily into meditation and self realization so they have a deep connection already. So their astral selves, with their personality, may still inhabit the astral or sometimes the etheral. I do know that the easiest time of contact is when the person just died.