Mutable Grand Cross- Cause for scattered energy? need focus!

jeanbean

Hello!

Very new to astrology. I just discovered I have a Mutable Grand Cross with Venus, Uranus, Jupiter and Chiron. From what I read, mutable grand crosses makes it hard to focus and energy is often scattered. I am scattered brained and have a hard time finishing projects and staying focused and centered. I don't exactly know what houses these are in. Can someone please tell me that? Also what are the opposing energies that I need to integrate? What areas in my life does this grand cross affect? Thank you!

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_02_n_a_hp.18483.7756.gif
    astro_w2gw_02_n_a_hp.18483.7756.gif
    51.7 KB · Views: 36

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello!

Very new to astrology. I just discovered I have a Mutable Grand Cross with Venus, Uranus, Jupiter and Chiron. From what I read, mutable grand crosses makes it hard to focus and energy is often scattered. I am scattered brained and have a hard time finishing projects and staying focused and centered. I don't exactly know what houses these are in. Can someone please tell me that? Also what are the opposing energies that I need to integrate? What areas in my life does this grand cross affect? Thank you!

Your grand cross is importantly located on the angles located in the 1st-7th and 4th--10th houses, affecting the realm of your self versus the other [relationship], and home life versus life in the outer world. When points are found in a grand cross, their energies may be more unconscious and more difficult to access, but I think with them on your angles [the Ascendant-Descendant axis and the Midheaven-Imum Coeli axis], the mutable energy may be more apparent to you, even if you are not able to work with the energy easily.

When all four mutable energies are brought together in one configuration, then their expression will surely be continually changeable. That is your gift: the ability of flow with ever-changing reality. And the key to accessing the grand cross is from natal Mercury's trine to Jupiter in the 7th house.

Using the Whole Sign house system, 11th house Mercury is in the Moon's sign of Cancer, so there again is a sense of continual change, like the Moon's phases, that permeates your thinking/communication processes. Perhaps Mercury's placement in Cancer is also amplifying your experience to things changing and not staying in focus. But remember that Cancer is a cardinal, or initiating, sign. So it goes after things, just not in a straight line. More like a crab who advances, but by walking sideways. A trine from the 11th to 7th house suggests that through friends, friendship and participation in groups of like-minded spirits [11th], you may be more able to cultivate more personal relationships [7th] with others.

As to how you can focus? I think with Sun, Moon and Pluto all in fixed signs, and with Sun squaring Pluto, you have excellent resources to learn to focus and dig into matters. You may have to work at it a bit to get your fixed resources working as you might like, but there are well-known methods of relaxation and focusing attention that can greatly assist you in that effort.

More than integrating opposing energies, I think a major concern with so many placements in square to one another would be to learn to manage and release the inner tension that comes with that repeated aspect form in your chart. When you can relax enough, you will likely find that it is much easier to access your natural fixed energy, and then focus and carry through. In fact, I think you will be truly amazed at how well you can focus and stay centered.

I am wishing you the best,

jeanbean

Thanks for giving me the houses! I especially struggle w self vs other!

Right on abt the inner tension! I feel as if I am being pulled in a million directions sometimes!

Thanks for the in depth reply and for the encouragement!

Inconjunct

Some astrologers (me included) would not count Chiron in aspect patterns. Therefore, what you have is a mutable T-square between Venus, Jupiter and Uranus, with Uranus as the apex planet. The apex planet represents a way of resolving the tensions between the two opposing planets. However, with a mutable T-square, there is always wriggle room to shift and move just enough to avoid actually confronting the problems.

Venus opposes Jupiter over the ASC/DSC axis, suggesting the tension is between your self-image/self-projection and your attitude towards others with whom you relate from lovers to business partners. You like to think of yourself as a charming, sociable, diplomatic sort of a person who keeps the peace and creates harmony wherever she goes; however, Jupiter suggests you may have a tendency to go over the top sometimes in your sociability and perhaps there's a tendency to try and be all things to all people. This only works so far, inasmuch as in trying to please everyone, you please no one!

The possible resolution is to be found in Uranus in the 4th. I would suggest this might indicate a need to detach and that the venue for this detachment is your own home. Perhaps you need the haven of your home to be the place you escape to in order to keep your cool. There's a certain restlessness with this placement also that might suggest a need to move about frequently, perhaps also in order to escape the tensions and pressures of your social life?

IleneK

Premium Member
Some astrologers (me included) would not count Chiron in aspect patterns. Therefore, what you have is a mutable T-square between Venus, Jupiter and Uranus, with Uranus as the apex planet. The apex planet represents a way of resolving the tensions between the two opposing planets. However, with a mutable T-square, there is always wriggle room to shift and move just enough to avoid actually confronting the problems.

<...>

We might also note the widely accepted convention that the resolution to a t-square lies in the point opposite the apex; giving the three-legged stool [the t-square] a fourth leg and stability. If there is no heavenly body at that fourth point, then we look to transits and progressed planets for meaning and direction as they pass over this point.

In this particular instance, the chart directs us back to Chiron, the Wounded/Healer archetype, as the crucial fourth point, the component that balances the t-square into a grand square. It also points our attention to Chiron symbolism as the resolution for the t-square tension between Venus, Jupiter and Uranus.