mercury retro in my birthchart

sallyd

What is the implications of being born with Mercury retrograde?

Sorry if this has been asked before or anything.......

gaer

sallyd said:
What is the implications of being born with Mercury retrograde?

Sorry if this has been asked before or anything.......
Questions about Rx (retro) planets are very common, but I searched and did not find a thread about Mercury Rx only in natal charts. Most seem to be linked to transits, horary, etc.

One idea is that this position indicates a mind that is more thorough, that likes to backtrack and be especially careful. But as always, this is only ONE factor in a chart…

sallyd

Oooh thanks - it's in Taurus and in the eight if that adds anything.....

I dunno how to post my chart .

Last edited by a moderator:

Purplemaze

Hi Sally,

I also have Mercury rx in my chart but in my 6th house leo (and part of a stellium no less), and like Gaer have usually seen this most importantly pop up in horaries etc. I think (and anyone feel free to correct me if i'm misinformed) that while mercury rx is not the best time for most people to handle transactions/binding contracts permanent decisions etc, during this time, for people born with mercury rx in their chart it could actually have the opposite effect. There is a thread on the astro.com forums dedicated to mercury rx which speaks a little of this. I would also like to further explore the validity of that claim.

iamsomecool

Heya all I have mercury retrograde in my chart also and I found some interesting things on this like people with this interpret information differently form non retrograde people. Also merc retro people are fewer than 15% of the population which can further disorient the person with communication to others and also merc retro people can exhibit the symptoms associated with aspergers syndrome which is varied and a form of autism. Anyhow I did some research and its not all bad for merc retro people, they can be extra effective communicaters by matter of their need for extra processing time of information which can help us with a more detailed assimilation of the subject. Ok i hope that made sense to someone:D Chris

Albus

Hello, friend.
What is the speed of retrograde Mercury? How many degrees in a day it makes I mean. This is important for Mercury and any other planet.
If the speed of retro Mercuty is high it means clever and non-standard mind, interesting unusual adventures, travels.
Tell me your birth date, time and place.
Regards, Igor
albus-fx@yandex.ru

sallyd

19th may 1963, 4.30pm, letchworth, herts, uk

:)

no idea how fast mercury was going at the time - i didn't even know there was a variation.

Albus

the speed of your Mercury is 0 degrees 35 minutes in a day. This is his maximum speed on retrograde moving. So for interpretation look at my first post.

But your Mercury feels not very comfortable: it is in 8th house, burnt by sun, in square to Mars and Saturn.

rishi

i guess retrograde mercury is not a curse...like it is the knowledge or the thoughts which u carry from your previous birth...like in a way its even a blessing..

VENUS

i was born with mercury rx, and i have trouble explaining things, power of concentration, even focusing...and overthink, and over analyzing!! lol i have read that alot about people with mercury rx natally tend to overanalyze and overthink. :)

astro_tech

the actual impact of retro Mercury will depend a lot over the functional nature of Mercury in that very chart. People born in Tauras, Gemini, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn and Aquarious Lagna and having retro Mercury are likely to be benefitted a lot with general significations of Mercury. Retrogration of a planet, allows it to have strong impact over the nativity.

astroman1

My sun and mercury are in Taurus and my Mercury is combust, and retrograde. I hear that's a bad thing. And retrograde, i'v heard, means that the influence is decreased.

astrofonder said:
People with rx mercury r often shy. they r not stable in thoughts,loose Consuntration, weak in mathematics & account.

Hey there, Mercury Rx here =) and I'm certainly NOT weak in mathematics or anything that requires logical thinking. In fact that's my strongest point.

Anyway I read people with this placement do better with writing than telling. I certainly do, when it comes to communicating my feelings for example. That's all.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2467&highlight=retrograde

And I have retro mercury. I discussed it at the post above. I'm getting rather annoyed that people think that rx mercury people are dumb and stupid. FYI, maths was my best subject in school and I was the dux of the class.

Here are some quotes from Kevin Burk, "Understanding the Birth Chart: Astrology"

Page 27:
"Mercury's condition in the birth chart and placement by sign will show our motivation to communicate, as well as our preferred methods of communication. This applies to both how we tend to express ourselves, and to how we are most comfortable taking in new information. A well-placed and dignified mercury can certainly be a sign of intelligence, or at least of a very quick mind; however, it is not possible to determine a person's intellectual ability to looking at his or her mercury. A retrograde mercury, or a mercury in poor condition, in no way lacks a lack of intelligence or the presence of learning disabilities".

More on this later....