Sixth house

The_Saturnian

I have 21 degrees Saturn in Scorpio and Uranus at 14 degrees tightly conjunct Moon at 15 degrees Sagittarius and I have developed a chronic condition in the last 2.5 years. (Hope this hasn't scared you).

I constantly have a worry of health especially since there is Saturn with its imminent return, just round the corner. Saturn represents chronic conditions. Furthermore Saturn has nothing but hard aspects to it. Uranus has it difficult to diagnose as the cause is rather an oddity. I asked a horary question on a thread I started earlier entitled "The Dark Arts at Work?", in which I determined that my condition was most likely the cause of someone who had cast an incantation of some sort on me resulting in my ill health. With the Moon's close conjunction to Uranus my heavy emotions have not helped a bit, and have further caused more problems health wise.

You're going to think that I'm absolutely insane, and deserve to be put in a sanatorium saying this, however I'm actually enjoying this placement of the planets in the 6th house. Why? Because it is teaching me how to manage my health in the best way possible. Through my chronic condition I have experienced anxiety, almost panic attack like symptoms, stomach cramps, intestinal blockage, nasal congestion etc. Experience is the best teacher. You can attend seminar/lecture after lecture at a university and no professor no matter how qualified will ever be able to teach you how to handle your own pain. They can only teach you how to treat patients and bed side mannerism.

In the Vedic system it is said that 6th, 8th and 12th houses are referred to as the Dushthana Bhavas (evil houses), and it is best if there are no planetary or nodal placements in any of these. Without going off a tangent, the 12th house represents spiritual liberation in Vedic (i.e. freedom from being reincarnated), so I firmly believe that it doesn't necessarily mean that the 6th house placements will out rightly affect one's health. E.g. The Sun is good a placement in the 6th house (Vedic and Western), because its mystical energy provide a protection to the subject's health.

Another point of view to take is if you have an inundated 6th house, you have been chosen by nature to handle and experience pain. To be able to manage it and then pass on what you have learnt to others and become a great inspiration for them. Not everyone can do what you could do. I remind myself of this from time to time and it gets me by just fine. :joyful:

Hope this helps. :)

The_Saturnian

Hi and thanks for sharing this.
Yes, I can relate to the pain thing. I always write about pain and assist others with their pain.

You're most welcome :). According to my sister writing about things can be a great asset at the best of times. It's a brilliant way channelling any frustration. Even helping others too builds up great karma. Acts of benevolence never go unnoticed by the planets especially Pluto and Saturn.

I was very inspired to read about your strength and countenance for six house placement -I am going to ponder a bit.

I'll let you in on my secret. I've had a great many things happen to me since I was born. I'll even go to the extent of saying ever since my mother conceived me. If there is one thing astrology has taught me, it is to learn to accept the unacceptable. The day one learns this lesson, life becomes a whole lot smoother. It's one the toughest ones to learn, but once you accept and make difficulty and pain a part of your everyday life, you'll soon realise that you are being prepared for a better, brighter future. Others cannot deal or even comprehend what you go through when in experiencing pain in a certain form only you do, and the fact that you are dealing with it means you have a warrior's spirit and it grows stronger by the day.

I have Sun in Scorpio in sixth squaring Moon in Leo in 3rd.. Problems with reactions to body...Plus Neptune on descendant -very sensitive to sensation in the body.

Excellent! A 6th house Sun is a gift in itself. Though it does square Moon in Leo in 3rd, it's not as bad as having Uranus and Saturn. LOL Cherish this gift! You're a great person and you deserve to have the Sun's protection. :) I have Neptune on descendant too, although I don't seem to have that much of a sensation in the body. In what context are you referring to sensation in the body?

The_Saturnian

Your advice is effervescent and beautiful!

Glad to be of help as little as it may be to anyone and everyone.

I am also Sun/Uranus -so it is very unpredictable.

Positive aspects or negative?

With Neptune, I mean I can really plunge the depths, not knowing whether what I am feeling is real or imaginary -personally it appears to a space to imagine what types of illness could fester. Ever since I was a child, mum would take me to doctors as I was always deciding something that the doctor couldn't find? Mystery illness - Neptune?

The Neptunian energy may have manifested itself in this way in your case. Neptune can be associated with mystery in my opinion. The dreamy thoughts of being ill possibly? Could be just a mind thing. I do have mine just 1 - 1.5 degrees above the descent so technically it's placement in the 7th as per the Placidus format. This probably explains why I may not be able to relate to this entirely as it hasn't manifested in a similar way in my case.

Would you not say Saturn keeps you here though? I feel it rather a grounding stone that protects.

Saturn does keep me here, but I'm beginning to like it because I feel providence. Saturn I feel is guiding me towards something greater. I might be hallucinating, but I've recently begun to experience such a notion. So it's matter of perspective. The question do you want to believe that Saturn is restricting you or do you want to believe he's hurling difficulties your way to make you more disciplined, more worthy of something better afterwards? Hence the development of accepting the unacceptable attitude came about and now I understand that all is happening for a good reason. One day, Saturn will explain the who, when, what, where and why.

The_Saturnian

I am not entirely sure whether it is positive or negative it is 0 degrees Sagi and conjunct my Sun in Scorpio of 25 degrees.

The Sun usually gets on well with Uranus in my opinion. It's not really a malefic with the Sun even in conjunction. In fact sudden, unexpected opportunities are more likely to occur with a Sun conjunction. Though the down side is sudden misfortunes could also occur unexpectedly. But it is better than having Neptune, Saturn or Pluto conjunct Sun. Neptune should also be conjunct Sun, but distantly I presume. Esoteric/physic ability possible.

Yes, that is a very good outline of Saturn. I have Saturn conjunct Pluto in fifth and all throughout my childhood I really struggled with authority but now there is a different level of respect all together. Have you experienced a Saturn/Sun transit? I am really worried, mine is coming up!

In my Vedic chart I have Saturn conjunct Ketu (south node) conjunct Pluto in Libra. LOL I can totally relate to your childhood struggle. It was, and I'm yours was too, tough indeed. But you see such placements do make you powerful when you grow up. E.g. your tolerance levels are much higher than others, as a result you may find you bare a greater depth of wisdom than others around you. Yes I did experience T Saturn over radical Sun. I had mine back in July - August 2005. The only things that came to mind was that I was taking a professional insurance exam on July 18th and I did pass 1st time round. Subsequently I did have to study for another 2 exams in October of that year and a started a job in September. The job I began on September 12th ended very miserably on 31st of October as I was threatened to being beaten by the director. So I know it can be a very difficult transit. The Sun and Saturn are sworn enemies, and Vedic Mythology speaks of the Sun and his son, Saturn never seeing eye to eye. All I can say is to just learn and accept the unacceptable. Remind yourself that Saturn loves discipline and so it's only making your stronger.

Saturn is also Karma.

Yes it is. Time, judgement and agriculture too.

greybeard

My brother has a conjunction of Saturn and Pluto, in Leo, in the 6th. The conjunction is square a triplet in Scorpio -- Moon, Venus, Jupiter. Sun is conjunct Mars, cross-sign, in Sagittarius (Mars in sign of exaltation.) Aquarius rises; note that Saturn, lord of the Asc, is in 6th Rx.

He was born with numerous physical problems, result of being the second child of an Rh-incompatible couple.

The major problem was a faulty aortic valve (Leo) which required 3 open-heart surgeries to correct. This was "back in the day" when such procedures were very risky. The third surgery corrected the problem and his health is normal.

He is now a successful health practitioner, a field he entered because of what doctors had done for him. He has been careful with dietary matters since he was a young man, although not always well-informed. I recall a time when he made garlic a central element in his diet. We called him Pepe LePeux and kept upwind of him.

Mohammed Ali has Sun in Sixth, Capricorn, trine Saturn Rx at the MC in Taurus. He was known for his superior dedication to training regimens (6th), became world champion, and now has chronic health problems. Coins have two sides and life is a coin-toss, they say. Note that Ali's Sun rules his Leo Ascendant, tying the First and Sixth together directly.

The 6th is also associated with worry and anxiety. Naturally, if one constantly worries about something that doesn't yet exist, fixing the mind on possible adversity, the mind becomes directed toward that adversity, and I suspect helps bring it into manifestation. So many people fixate on a malign future, and fail to live in the here and now and enjoy life in this moment. The mind, like the body, responds to training... why not find or develop a regimen of training in positive thought? Ignore what might happen; deal with it if and when you meet it face to face.

Last edited:

knowhow999

I have stellium in the sixth house including neptune, sun, venus, saturn and mercury. I am a libra and most of my stellium are posited in virgo. For 41 years I have happily enjoyed working as a Registered Nurse with a graduate degree in Public Health. Unlike, many nurses, I have never suffered from burnout because Neptune has allowed me to incorporate the spiritual into my work. My patients have always been my ministry. I see the DIVINE in others and have psychic tendencies and experiences.
I perceive my 6th house as a blessed and holy placement of planetary energy.:happy:

Lion o ness

My h6 is my strongest house...
Most of my personal planets are in h6

Leo rules my h6

In my h6 I have sun,moon,mercury and mars..
I think it severally alters the Leo planets... I am more Virgo, with an inner Leo.
I'm introverted and I don't do well around strangers, or meeting new people..
I'm not shy at all, it's just not my thing..

I'm pretty healthy, haven't had any major illness, normal flu, colds, strep throat type of things... Never been hospitalized for any reason..
I've had bowel issues, but I stopped eating red meat, and those issues went away..

I shine in the work place, here I do very we'll, with strangers, meetings, speaking in public... Etc etc...

On a personal level... I feel like everyone expects me to do things for them, give rides, go to store, run errands.... Etc etc...
If I ask for something, I would get no. Can't I'm busy..
I pretty much stopped doing favors for people, then all if a sudden these people were no longer friends...
I felt used...
I just can't be people's knight in shinning armor anymore...
I was being taken advantage of for sure...

On another level, to help with my service to other people, I started practicing reiki, and am working through to getting the next levels...

I guess in a way it's important for me to help people, but it's also important for me to not let any take advantage...
I will help in my own way with a way I'm comfortable with...
That has been my big lesson...

M

may28gemini

I have 1 planet in the 6th house...Pisces Moon and it has difficult aspects to every planet except for Uranus (trine) and Mars (sextile).

I am very healthy (probably because of the exact sextile to Mars) and I rarely get sick. I can literally be in room full of sick people and I won't succumb. The irony is, if everyone is healthy and there's one sick person that gets into my personal space, there's a higher likelihood of me getting sick from that.

The down side is I have a constant need to be useful/busy and if that's not fulfilled, I'll get into a rut. My moods are dictated by the amount of work I have (more work= happier, less work= depression). The good part is, I can easily get out of a rut (as easily as I got into it in the first place).

6th house deals with stomach issues and I can't say that I have a stomach issues unless you count that I feel queasy easily and I do get jumpy/nervous out of the blue (must be the trine to Uranus) when I sense something not right.

I am somewhat cautious about health stuff... I exercise regularly and I do feel much better when I'm moving around than when I'm stationary. I eat healthy stuff but not exactly a health nut. I just don't eat junk foods and I drink mostly water. Sometimes I'll have natural fruit juices, coffee, coconut water, and herbal teas. I never drink soda (gave that up when I was 11 yrs old) and I don't like sweets. Once in a blue moon I'll have a shake.

Last edited:

I cee

I have mars in the 6th. I'm hoping my mars is like a red wine and will age with dignity and 'true' strength.
(although I don't do well on red, grape no good for my system )

I discovered only recently that my 6th house works much better when I acknowledge the other end, ie: the pisces/virgo, keeping the balance.
I work more efficiently with music around. I workout better with music and when I just relax and listen to what my body needs instead of getting too virgo, ie: I'll do 25 squats, 50 situps etc. Rather I don't count, I just push but not too much.
If I do I pay the price.
If I read a book I can actually take in more If I have music in my headphones at the same time, but if someones talking or if the cats are playing up I cannot for the life of me concentrate, weird!
I'm seeing this as music/nep/pisces.
But it can go the other way too, but not as much, I need pisces/neptune more.
Nature of course does this also, nature is dreamy but I'm very muched earthed too.

Lion o ness

Dear Lion o ess

I have just seen that you are indeed a very strong Leo. I always see sixth house as neither introvert or extrovert but more a half way between, being as it is that cross over from above/below Eastern horizon. I think because you ascendant is in Pisces much of what flavors your life path is about feeling and experiencing and Pisces can often be associated with "sacrifice" plus sixth house of service. Pisces recognizes no boundaries and is also about kindness, universality and oneness so the general theme in your life seems to be about giving.

But Moon/Mercury Leo! Whoa! Your feeling/intuition and thinking perhaps geared towards a service that allows you to recognise the truth within yourself , that other people's demands and expressions carry a secret identity of your own? That feeling through others allows you to make something whole?And also confirms your strength and endurance as a person? How much you are willing to give however will be a question for you..

ASC = 13PISCES
SUN = 16 LEO
MOON = 14 LEO
MERCURY = 14 LEO
MARS = 26LEO
VENUS = 2 CAN

Yes it's very true, I had sacrificed so much, I love to be needed, I enjoy helping people....
But it's always been give me give me type of things....
I started to feel taking advantage of... So I stopped with the give me's..
I not give in my own way, in a way that helps me, feel good about helping verses being obligated...
It's a huge difference...
Makes a difference with me both physically and mentally...
What I learned, is I need to feel good about it....

Yes I'm routines also, I live by fate/ destiny...
In other words I let fate lead my direction...