Pluto in house, do you feel it?

graay ghost

As Osa said, Pluto has a tendency to bring people who reflects your shadow side IF you have connections to certain personnal planet and if it is found in "People" house, seventh, as he mentionned, but also fifth and eleventh.
"Despise" was evidently too strong of a word, and I apologies. Uncomfortable would have been more appropriate.

I have Pluto conjunct my Descendant so in the 7th house, and I feel none of the jealousy or need for or attraction of jealousy I've seen in so many descriptions. In fact it disgusts me. I had a hard time understanding that I could even feel romantic love because jealousy and romantic feelings are so deeply intertwined in my culture and I just do not have that in me.

Last edited:

quiet659

I have Pluto in the 12th House(Sag in Tropical/ Cancer in Draconic). Sometimes I wonder if planet house placements really matter. Like I am not the only one in the world who has Pluto in 12th house. How rare is it for someone to have certain natal house placements? If pluto in the 12th was a common placement to have how would the world be?

Anyway I think I feel it. But I can not clearly relate to it since I'm young. Sometimes I do deny my intensity and power when I come across hopeless situations. At times when I feel threaten I believe that I have a hidden power, but it manifest itself into anger which can lead to passive-aggressive tendencies which annoys me so much that I deny my inner strength even more. Sometimes I truly believe I am playing myself like researching about occult stuff or practicing astrology that I try to erase these things from apart f my life. But I guess these are all typical things people with 12th Pluto does.

Love2Know

We can play up or down any traits in the spectrum of human emotions, which then become our common go tos and with age these reactions cement. I mean they stop becoming clear choices and turn more 'supconcious'. The everyday psychological decisions we make on how to react and feel become us, our personality. Many people with the 12th house pluto can react in similar or diffrent ways as well as a person without the 12th house pluto can. It is what we chose to identify with in life and how we react outwordly to it then bevomes what denfines us to a superfical extent. Your choice to be passive aggressive, which is now still a concious descison, probably based on spite or anger, annoyance what have you, can be a manifestation (but not limited to) the 12th house.. hidden emotions.

I also heard that with generational planets more focus should be placed on the house and aspects as oppose to the actual sign.

Last edited:

P3PSI642

I have Pluto in the 12th House(Sag in Tropical/ Cancer in Draconic). Sometimes I wonder if planet house placements really matter. Like I am not the only one in the world who has Pluto in 12th house. How rare is it for someone to have certain natal house placements? If pluto in the 12th was a common placement to have how would the world be?

Anyway I think I feel it. But I can not clearly relate to it since I'm young. Sometimes I do deny my intensity and power when I come across hopeless situations. At times when I feel threaten I believe that I have a hidden power, but it manifest itself into anger which can lead to passive-aggressive tendencies which annoys me so much that I deny my inner strength even more. Sometimes I truly believe I am playing myself like researching about occult stuff or practicing astrology that I try to erase these things from apart f my life. But I guess these are all typical things people with 12th Pluto does.

Where Outer planet has a more generational effect in a sign because of the time it takes to travel, house changes in mere minutes, and thus the effect is more pronounced and important, because two people born at the same day, same month and same year, but at different hours will have a very similar chart, but layered differently, and happening on different matters.
Many people will have Pluto in 12, many people will even have it conjunct their ascendant, just like many people actually managed to become celebrities.
Just because others has it doesn't lower its importance
my own two cents ^.^

Bunraku

Thing about 12th house is that when Pluto is in there, and is actively doing things, then things of the 12th house in the lens of Pluto surfaces.
Things like living in solitary conditions, wanting extreme privacy, conferring psychic abilities and protection from destruction, etc.

Pluto is a very skeptical planet and doesn't really trust anyone.

Where Outer planet has a more generational effect in a sign because of the time it takes to travel, house changes in mere minutes

I am sure Pluto travels thousands of miles within a few minutes too! :w00t:

Lilith71

My Pluto is in Scorpio in 1st house and my most dominant planet in my natal chart. I feel it very. :D
But can someone help me with aspects? My Pluto square my Venus and Saturn, and trine my Moon and Mars. :unsure:

P3PSI642

I am sure Pluto travels thousands of miles within a few minutes too! :w00t:

Ahahahah! good one x)

My Pluto is in Scorpio in 1st house and my most dominant planet in my natal chart. I feel it very. :D
But can someone help me with aspects? My Pluto square my Venus and Saturn, and trine my Moon and Mars. :unsure:

I'll give you a big picture, but for more details we'd need to see your chart, Moreover, there is an amazing tool called google ^.^,

Pluto square Venus mostly gives a very passionate nature in your relationships, you love passionately, but you also hate passionately. Your relationships are mostly intense and you can put pressure on your partner.

Pluto square Saturn: Self-will, persistence to the point of ruthlessness. Great commitment to your task and can perform difficult work. Almost obsessive self-restraint. Pluto, here, empowers Saturns traits.

Pluto trine moon: Self-assurance in your strength, charisma, sex-appeal, intuitive insight into people. You still possess a caring nature and does not become cynical of people. Imaginative and creative.

Pluto trine mars: Commitment, determination and passion. an All-or-Nothing personality. Confident in your own talent. Resourceful, persistent and you can keep a cool head during crisis.

P3PSI642: I thought this astrologer did a masterful job putting into words how to live with strong 8th house influence in your chart or strong Pluto influence. These are lessons I know so well.

http://www.southfloridaastrologer.com/8th-house-in-astrology-planets-in-the-8th-house.html

Yes, he indeed did. I'm glad I don't have an afflicted pluto or eight house... I happen to also have Jupiter in eight and scorpio, which I find alleviate a lot of the bad that could happen with it. Some people said that having Pluto conj. their N.Node protected them, in a way, from the worst, and I can relate to that since everything I lived could have ended up much worst.
In fact, I'm even proud of these placements. They give me strength and power, even more if I can actually learn to LET GO, which is the purpose of the eight house.
I can look back in my past and accept it. It shaped me into the person I am today, and I have no regrets

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
P3PSI642;

Pluto and Jupiter in the 8th!!! Does other people's money make a path into your bank account with little effort on your part? :)

Lilith71

Ahahahah! good one x)

I'll give you a big picture, but for more details we'd need to see your chart, Moreover, there is an amazing tool called google ^.^,

Pluto square Venus mostly gives a very passionate nature in your relationships, you love passionately, but you also hate passionately. Your relationships are mostly intense and you can put pressure on your partner.

Pluto square Saturn: Self-will, persistence to the point of ruthlessness. Great commitment to your task and can perform difficult work. Almost obsessive self-restraint. Pluto, here, empowers Saturns traits.

Pluto trine moon: Self-assurance in your strength, charisma, sex-appeal, intuitive insight into people. You still possess a caring nature and does not become cynical of people. Imaginative and creative.

Pluto trine mars: Commitment, determination and passion. an All-or-Nothing personality. Confident in your own talent. Resourceful, persistent and you can keep a cool head during crisis.

Yes, he indeed did. I'm glad I don't have an afflicted pluto or eight house... I happen to also have Jupiter in eight and scorpio, which I find alleviate a lot of the bad that could happen with it. Some people said that having Pluto conj. their N.Node protected them, in a way, from the worst, and I can relate to that since everything I lived could have ended up much worst.
In fact, I'm even proud of these placements. They give me strength and power, even more if I can actually learn to LET GO, which is the purpose of the eight house.
I can look back in my past and accept it. It shaped me into the person I am today, and I have no regrets
This is so true, thank you for explanation! :)

graay ghost

What do you mean by "afflicted"? Don't you have squares and/or oppositions to Pluto?

I am trying to figure out why my Pluto doesn't seem to behave like a lot of other people's and I think it's because it's a part of a rectangle. I've had a decent amount of brushes with bad people, but they don't tend to stick around. I have a very strong sense of danger (probably too sensitive) and a highly tuned sense of when people are messing with me. I'm usually the one telling everyone else that something seems sketchy.

turkish girl

In which house is your pluto? Do you feel its energy in the matter of said house, in your life?

Pluto travels very long you know so many people can have same pluto sign in same house.But i think pluto effects us in a long period.But i think transit plutos effects are more clear.Last year pluto was transiting on my 5th house also with retrograde position,i had so many transformtaion during that transit.

In my case i have natally pluto in 3rd house conjucnt with my IC.Actually i dont see any transformation for my relationship with my teachers and school friends.I was always good with them.But college life is better than high school and early school for me.I think it can be because of my family life.
But i also saw that after years i can get along with my brother now.maybe pluto finished its work at that topic :)

But regarding to IC its effect was stronger i think.I dont see any family members of my father and he was dead very long time ago.Actually i dont have good relations with many family members also from mother side.So i can say i can easily see its effect.

And for me pluto is the apex of my tsqaure which makes it stronger.

Moondancing

Premium Member
I am trying to figure out why my Pluto doesn't seem to behave like a lot of other people's and I think it's because it's a part of a rectangle. I've had a decent amount of brushes with bad people, but they don't tend to stick around. I have a very strong sense of danger (probably too sensitive) and a highly tuned sense of when people are messing with me. I'm usually the one telling everyone else that something seems sketchy.

A word we've seen written here several times is 'shadow'. Pluto's shadow side isn't usually evident to us because we don't want to face the embarrassment, shame, or job of making things right. A therapist or someone you trust to be honest can peel back the skin on the onion, so to speak, and show you your shadow side. You may have been honest with yourself many times, saw the error of your way, acknowledged and made changes and have forgotten.

Last week I was listening to a man talk about how we sabotage opportunities that come our way. As I listened I was saying, I don't do that, it's not an issue for me. Then he used words to help open up for people how they may be hurting their chances in life. When he said the word withdrawal, instantly my whole adult life with family and friends opened up before my eyes and how I've sabotaged relationships by withdrawing. The hardest part to swallow was what a **** fool I've been. :) Now, whenever I feel like withdrawing I instead engage. Gosh, it's so much more fun and I'm happy to be part of engaging the world.

When you least expect it graay ghost... :)

graay ghost

A word we've seen written here several times is 'shadow'. Pluto's shadow side isn't usually evident to us because we don't want to face the embarrassment, shame, or job of making things right. A therapist or someone you trust to be honest can peel back the skin on the onion, so to speak, and show you your shadow side. You may have been honest with yourself many times, saw the error of your way, acknowledged and made changes and have forgotten.

Last week I was listening to a man talk about how we sabotage opportunities that come our way. As I listened I was saying, I don't do that, it's not an issue for me. Then he used words to help open up for people how they may be hurting their chances in life. When he said the word withdrawal, instantly my whole adult life with family and friends opened up before my eyes and how I've sabotaged relationships by withdrawing. The hardest part to swallow was what a **** fool I've been. :) Now, whenever I feel like withdrawing I instead engage. Gosh, it's so much more fun and I'm happy to be part of engaging the world.

When you least expect it graay ghost... :)

Is the skeevy salesman who won't be straight with you about price really the sort of person you want to "engage" with? Is the guy trailing one of your drunk friends too closely in a bar someone you really want to "open up" to? I mean, I don't know about you, but neither of those are the type of "adventures" I'd like to go on.

Osamenor

Staff member
Pluto travels very long you know so many people can have same pluto sign in same house

If you're talking about natal Pluto, its long transits do indeed mean that many people have it in the same sign. Everyone born in the same 10-20 year period has the same Pluto sign, making it a generational planet. And because it transits so slowly, transiting Pluto stays in the same house of your birth chart for many years. When it forms an aspect with a planet or point, it stays in that aspect for several years, allowing whatever it triggers to unfold over a long period of time. Probably, that's what makes it such a transformative planet.

However, its lengthy transits have nothing to do with which natal house its in. People with Pluto in the same sign have only about a 1 in 12 chance of having it in the same house. Case in point: all babies born this year have Pluto in Capricorn, but which house that Pluto in Capricorn falls into depends on the combination of time of day, time of year, and location. At this time of year, Capricorn rises about an hour or two after sunset and sets about an hour or two after dawn, but what hour of the day dawn and sunset happen at vary widely depending where on earth you are. In September, Pluto in Capricorn will rise and set at completely different times of day, still different in January, etc.

P3PSI642

Is the skeevy salesman who won't be straight with you about price really the sort of person you want to "engage" with? Is the guy trailing one of your drunk friends too closely in a bar someone you really want to "open up" to? I mean, I don't know about you, but neither of those are the type of "adventures" I'd like to go on.

You're using exaggerated example to prove your point ^.^
Of course you wouldn't trust a stranger, a stalker or a shifty salesman, however maybe that's not the relationships he was talking about.
I know, for myself, that I tend to shut down and get away from any kind of relationships for fear of betrayal.
I will also tend to avoid voicing my opinion, or ask for a favor because I fear being rejected. Those are two prime example of "withdrawal" I tend to give in that could be worked on.

graay ghost

You're using exaggerated example to prove your point ^.^
Of course you wouldn't trust a stranger, a stalker or a shifty salesman, however maybe that's not the relationships he was talking about.
I know, for myself, that I tend to shut down and get away from any kind of relationships for fear of betrayal.
I will also tend to avoid voicing my opinion, or ask for a favor because I fear being rejected. Those are two prime example of "withdrawal" I tend to give in that could be worked on.

You and I also have Pluto (and probably Mars) in very different places. Those are exactly the relationships I was talking about.

But even moreso -- with Pluto in the 7th house, there will be long paragraphs of abuse and then the fact that they're "good with money" is tacked on at the end. I'm starting to think it should be the other way around.

Everything that is more just light friendly chatter is a transaction. In a transaction both parties have something the other wants, but generally one party has more power to convince or coerce what they want out of the other. Walking away from a situation is an expression of power -- generally an expression of power of last resort, but it does show that you are more willing to give up the transaction entirely than interact with them. I have walked away from a decent amount of relationships, but I've never seen it as a bad thing. I've always gone on to get better friends and onto better things. It is certainly better than the alternative.

I try to act in good will but the thing is I still see openings to try to grab power from people or their attempts to grab power from me all the time, and I guess you could say it's exhausting. Most of the time these opportunities float by unless I am acting defensively, but I can't say I've never grabbed onto them when I was upset or otherwise compromised.

A more extreme example of this is that I know someone who will constantly call out for people and will insist they come to him or contact him before they say anything else about what they need. This is definitely an attempt to exert power over other people -- it gives no consideration as to what they were doing is important and forces their actions to revolve around the caller. I used to demand to know why I was needed, but at this point I've stopped responding entirely... and am still baffled why people still come when they do this. Needless to say when I outright told them that this was manipulative they got very upset. :pouty:

P3PSI642

Everything that is more just light friendly chatter is a transaction. In a transaction both parties have something the other wants, but generally one party has more power to convince or coerce what they want out of the other.

Yes I can totally agree with that, everyone creates connection because they seek something from the other person. The lasting of the relationships revolves, then, on the ability of constantly having something to take and give to the other person without being too imposing in our way of asking it.