What does Saturn conjunct anothers SN really mean?

Vagabondgirl

Is saturn conjunct SN bad karma? What Ive read from cafeastrology is that it is seperative and not good for relationships. 2 significant people in my life have this aspect to my saturn. One was my boyfriend for a few years.

Horus

Is saturn conjunct SN bad karma? What Ive read from cafeastrology is that it is seperative and not good for relationships. 2 significant people in my life have this aspect to my saturn. One was my boyfriend for a few years.

It helps to work with the symbols and meanings of the planet in question: Saturn=father, authority, responsibility, etc. That technique can help flesh out the essential past-life "story", but Saturn is a special planet that brings past-life karma to the present so it must be read a little differently because it's making a demand in this life. It's opposition to the NN is also a serious concern which could block your evolution.

There's a 6-page thread at this forum:
http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/002849.html

with an answer for you, but you'll have to weigh it against your own intuition to determine if it's the right answer

Vagabondgirl

Here is the synastry chart of me (Libra) and my ex with his birthtime. The other significant person I dont know the birthtime of, but has the same birthdate. I just wonder because if its karmic both have this saturn of mine closely conjunct their SN.

Who is claire?:) Do you know each other?

Attachments

• syn2.jpg
    syn2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 25

Vagabondgirl

From Linda-goodman.com:

Saturn conjunct SN: it might be that the South Node person asks too much of Saturn and they end up blocking each other. This is a frustrating aspect, but it can work favorably if the Saturn person is the guide or adviser of the SN. These two people have many lessons to teach each other about their past lives together and, more than anything, they should not limit each other in any way. The house Saturn rules will show how he/she can help SN.

So Im the teacher or something? I just remember that my ex used to say that he tried hard to make me happy, but that I always critisized:/ But he felt that I was teaching him something, so that he could do better. Sounds similar to this aspect I feel....

Horus

Here is the synastry chart of me (Libra) and my ex with his birthtime. The other significant person I dont know the birthtime of, but has the same birthdate. I just wonder because if its karmic both have this saturn of mine closely conjunct their SN.

Very karmic, past-life connection. Saturn is Lord of Karma, SN is the past-life marker.

Aside from the quote you already came up with from LG, I recall seeing another there that suggested that the SN person has a "responsibilty" to the Saturn person. Of course that sounds alittle basic and you read that in the synastry of his Saturn in your Sixth:
http://www.skyviewzone.com/lovematch/saturnsynastryhouse.htm

Sounds a little mundane but Saturn is in Scorpio so its probably a deeper responsibility, possibly connected to intimacy, as it conjuncts your own Saturn lesson there.

But there's many possible ways to look at it. If you want to really find out the nature of the connection, get a hypnotic past-life regression session. After that the astrocharts make more sense, in my experience.

Last edited:

Vagabondgirl

Maybe I need this regression yes.... I actually keep having reccurrent nightmares about these two. But when I met them the first time I liked them alot. Very unpleasant feeling:/

And strangely enough with my ex I kept getting physically ill when I was with him (we had longdistand relationship) and seriously I NEVER EVER get ill otherwise, maybe 1 cold or less per year. But with him I could get cold after cold, small infections and even inner bleeding with hospitalization.... And he was always there each time it happen! After the inner bleeding my first natural reaction was to keep away from him or something, but I always thought it was just in my head, some simple coincidence. I had stomach problems the whole time we lived together during the summer, but as soon as I left I got healed immediately. So weird!

Horus

you replied before i finished editing above. consider that their Saturns in Scorpio conjunct your own too.

The physical body is the feedback mechanism of the subconscious mind. Sounds like you were "allergic" to him, because your subc. "knew" it was wrong to be with him and was telling you so in the most obvious way possible so that you would heed it!

C0rnholio

I have a Saturn/SN conjunction natally. I wouldn't say that it blocks evolution, but it seems to sometimes make me work on some unpaid debts from the past. My ex-wife of about 7-11 years has a Mars/Saturn conjunction in the same spot, so we had a Saturn/Saturn/SN/Mars conjunction. I do not know if it was a good or a bad relationship, some was good and some was not so much. It was the longest relationship for both of us. The relationship was quite evolving though for both of us, and perhaps even more so after it ended. Actually, one of the reasons I wanted to end it was that we stopped evolving, and I didn't like it. Perhaps we learned that Saturn's lesson and the lesson was over for us. We are still friends though and do not regret anything.

fushiafairy

what would be the orb you would use between saturn and south node in synastry? I usually use a 3* orb for synastry, up to 5* for luminaries.