Chiron in Taurus

Hello Shiny! yes, Chiron in Scorpio also resonated with me. Chiron in the 12th partly. I have no problems with my feet, they actually are one my nicest features. Only much later in life I developed hallux a bit. I also have no deformities in the area mentioned there (as far as I know!:)). I do have, according to others the ability to heal psychological problems in others. Thanks for the links. The more we read about Chiron, the better we can form a definite idea about him.

Starlink

My neck is nice too, I don't think the mole spoils it :biggrin:. I need to hide that monster mole :bandit:. Yes it helps with different perspectives and we all seem to relate to different authors on Chiron.

Cerridwen

Hello!

I also have a 10th house Taurean Chiron. I've studied to be a physician, but it does not make me happy enough to do this as a career. I mean, it is not enough for me to heal simply via drugs, medicines. I feel I have to do more. I want to heal via the arts. I like the arts, and I do feel I have to do this. I have always had a strong attraction towards the arts, but I felt somehow "wounded" in this field, just like during my (western) medical school years. I also feel a strong power of writing in me (I also has a strong 3rd house, I work now as a medical writer). This is what I could do: to help others and myself via writing that is also an artistic activity. I also like music and dancing. Irish tapdance is my hobby. I also studied singing, but I have sore throat many times, so I had to quit.
My greatest purpose is to be a spiritual healer via the arts, a spiritual artist-healer.

My typical point of view is: I can never stop, becuase I always feel that I need more and more, I must archieve in something remarkable that is important to me and helpful to others.

Giz,
I also have Chiron in 10th Taurus, and it seems my issues are with getting paid well for my career in music. It seems like I have an uhealable wound there. I never thought I would make a career out of being an astrologer, but that's the only thing that's been making me any money lately.

Taurus rules financial stability and I guess that's what I've gradually been learning how to do, to make money in my career. I've definitely had some hard times financially, but because of that, I'm able to appreciate having any money, because I know what it's like, being a starving artist and all. I guess that's how Venus factors into the wound because it rules art. It's painful to be an artist and not make a living off of it. I think that's how my Chiron in Taurus is working for me, and in the 10th, I've had issues with wounded reputation.

Right now, it seems like my calling is to heal others with the same issues throught astrology/and or music. I also have Chiron conjunct Mercury, so as we speak, I'm learning that I'm able to heal others through my words and astro readings. I think this placement shows some wounds with self-worth, and not feeling worthy to have money and/or not valuing money as much as a Taurus is known for. I'm certainly like that. I can have a well-paying job, but I just dont value money like that. As long as I have food, clothing and shelter, I'm comfortable, and Taurus is all about comfort as well. Still working through these issues, and never really understood my Chiron in Taurus, but just typing all this has been enlightening for me.:happy:

ps anyone with Chiron in Taurus have issues with getting severe sore throats?

astropawn

i have chiron in taurus in 10th. I do have strong desire for a successful career and desire for material possession. However, my career path has been very difficult. I was out of grad school during the financial crisis in 2008, by that time it was hell difficult to land on a job. I had an internship for 3 months, working 15 hours a day but my earnings were just enough to pay for my rent but no more. I had a good fight with a superier on my last day of work, who in my opinion has exploited the interns unfairly by keeping them work long hours and over the weekend (which was rather a norm in the industry). Then I am convinced that i would probably not making money from a regular career path. Now I am in the process of founding my own business.

by the way, the 15 hour a day intensive workload has ruined my heath. It took me a long time to get my health back and even today I am still suffering from its consequences...

Last edited:

Blackempress

This is very interesting to know how this manifests. I'm still new to astro so got alot to learn. I don't know which house my Chiron falls in but I just know Its in Taurus.
For me I've suffered the ' emotional hunger' all my life never feeling that anyone was capable enough of loving as myself. Same in other aspects that I want physical stimuli n food but tend to avoid altogether. Have a history of eating disorders too thankx to gaining weight easy n binging.

On the contrary am not into material excessses. I limit the no of belongings to need n am very good at saving despite occasional shopping sprees.

Relationships n emotions are the hard part. I get hurt but often tend to have trouble confronting those I love.
The best thing is I never forget to count my blessings.

Last edited:

divine g

Banned
I've been interested in the latest Chiron in Taurus generation, simply because they have come into the world through a completely different energy than the previous Ch in Taurus generation of the late 1920's-early 1930's.--R4ven
I think there's sort of a similarity, in that the end of the disco era of the 70's was somewhat reminiscent to the end of the era of the "roaring" 20's. The late 70's and early 80's brought in the era of Reagonomics, cutting most funds into inner cities, and the beginning of a new kind of Depression with the advent of crack cocaine, heroin and the advent of AIDS.

I think this may have affected the whole generation's sense of self-worth. Notice the key word being "sense",as Taurus deals with the 5 senses. One can have a lot of money, but still feel worthless. I've known many a "rich" kid who got into drugs,and I've had many in my generation die of drug overdoses. I dont actually know anyone who has died of AIDS in my life, so I truly question if it was an "epidemic" per se. There is more an epidemic of joblessness, economic strain for my generation, (although there probably may have been more STD's in the "MTV" Generation of promiscuity, and Taurus ruler Venus rules "venereal" diseases).

Taurus ruling love has also affected love relationships, specifically with Taurus' possessiveness. I had a Taurus girlfriend who had serious wounds with her previous boyfriend's cheating ways. To the degree that, if I didn't pick up the phone at 4am, it's because I was "cheating", as opposed to what most ppl do at 4am which is sleeping! It seems like this aspct deals with the wounds that come with sensuality, or being too possessive or too sensual, or too possessed by material things. A woman may marry a man for his money, but with his money, he may have more options and may be prone to cheating.

I think the cheating wounds really affect women's sense of self-worth, as well as men's! I had to deal with a Scorpio girlfriend before, whom I suspected of cheating, and it really made me feel like ****. I was also financially struggling at that time, which is another reason why she probably had good reason to. Taurus deals with "finance and romance", and some say "no romance without finance", and I think there is a lot of truth with that statement in this generation. Although we truly were in love, my financial struggles at the time put a real strain on the relationship.

So the wound of having stable relationships, along with stable finances, along with stable self-worth, is the issue of the late 70's Chiron Taurus generation.

By the way, my sore throats have gotten much better, and much less severe. I found that, the first thing you need to do is eat something with a lot of protein! Warm tea with honey and lemon also helps, but just stay away from cold liquids, and drinks with ice is definitely a no-no, it constricts the throat. Also, definitely important to protect your neck first and foremost during the wintertime. I think the plus side of Chiron in Taurus is the discovery and use of natural remedies, and the natural medicines that come with the earth in the form of herbs, and food. Even rest is therapeutic.

Chiron is now sextiling my natal Chiron, as well as for everyone with Chiron in the first decan of Taurus, so this would be a great time to utilize that energy, and get into holistic methods of healing, as it will definitely save the expenses of modern medicine which most can't afford!

Last edited:

Flowergirl

To sum it up, I see Taurus as grounded, emotionally stable, peaceful and content with the physical luxuries of life and the 5 senses.

Chiron in Taurus to me means that I have trouble with a sense of grounding. That I can never quite relax and feel safe because because relationships are not stable, there is not enough money for the enjoyment of life and I can never quite feel emotionally at peace either. There is always something threatening the peace.

Taurus wants to feel of use to the world because of all that practicality but with Chiron in Taurus I end up feeling of no use to anybody or myself. Love relationships are compromised, so it is also difficult to love the self. I can also relate to the feelings of insecurity and the other things said in this thread.

Last edited:

positive

Banned
OK, so those of you who already know me may be aware that I am a trifle obsessed with Chiron. I make no apologies for that. I'm interested in how Chiron in Taurus manifests for the `new' generation of those who have this placement - i.e. those born June`76 - April`84.

The previous generation born with Chiron in Taurus were born July`26 - March`34, and these people experienced the financial and social limitations of the Great Depression of the 1930's, closely followed by World War 2. Both cataclysmic events occurred before the oldest of this generation had reached the age of 20, so it's fair to surmise that their view of life on earth was powerfully moulded by these events. Business people and entrepreneurs born during this time have tended to be obsessive builders and accumulators - Rupert Murdoch was born in 1931 - how many networks does one man need?????
A friend of mine's mother was born during this time, and my friend said that she once counted 77 dresses in her mother's wardrobe :crying: - and this woman was a communist, and did not believe in having `stuff'!! Her large wardrobe was "just in case the money ran out" - a fairly typical Chiron in Taurus expression.

One of my offspring was born very early in the last Chiron in Taurus generation. He always has minimal possessions. His reason? Why carry more than you need? It's as though he also believes that the `money will run out', and so he'll not miss it when it goes!

I have Chiron in taurus in 12 opp Mercury (square MN) trigon venus.

I can´t defy it really, I think I do not feel him at all. (I think because of 12house position)
But
the cheap buying, I tried it since I have less money, I hate it. Also I got lots of troubles with that (I think I look too much to it), I knew somebody who enjoys this too, she has Moon in taurus.
I have no personal possessions, except books (2nd gemini), I would like to have them and by the time I realized that I have to buy them if I want to have them (was a devastating insight). I know Barbara Hand claws book on chiron, it was very positive, but I could´t identify myself eith it either. Also the MAgi astrology definition of chiron is interesting. but the mundane interpretation of you is very interestinf, considering the financial crisis. All the personal interpretations maybe right for me too, but I wouldn´t consider chiron for it. For example I have Sun in Libra in six, all planets western HS (etc)

What I do feel is insecurity in talking, I think to much of which word or which combination or which order I should use, in talking I wish I could stop time and maybe say (not so much tell. except it is important - merc in scorp) it more than once just to deliver the whole picture or being accurate.. sometimes when I want to say something I know when I say this now, I can´t say the other thing etc. (I mean when I point this out, I can´t point the other thing out, or when I make the "final" joke, I can´t make the other one) I hate when something remains unsaid.. I want to hit the point (and best want to try it so long till it happends, at least sometimes.). It feels like something urgent then, and I have to decide. I heard this is merc opp chiron.

I think though the taurus is very well pointed out by you. the financial crisis seems to have a major impact, globally. (thank you for this, I would never noticed that) mundane: trig venus- my younger sister won´t feel it, she is still at home in the nest and can include it in her plans; opp merc- during my time of education (started again, and will still continue), squ MN, it has effects on my generation (?).

I am though sad as at least the majority of taurus is in 12th, that I can´t gain financial security I wish to have. And nobody seem to understand me or try to support me (also hardly in my melancholie). More so, as I try to deny to play the mätyr (that is why I did school- opp merc/ Now I have to live with both ;) )

Last edited:

R4VEN

positive, Martin Lass describes the wound of Chiron opp Mercury as continually expressing and then repressing yourself - the eternal dilemma of "should I or shouldn't I let people know how wounded I believe myself to be?"

With Chiron in the 12th your wounds are deep-seated and generational, to do with feeling unsupported and vulnerable. The financial crisis (and there is so much more to come financially) will be perceived by those with Chiron in Taurus as either an opportunity to prove yourself, or an opportunity for resentment against those who have been in charge of the country's/world's purse strings. The gift of this 12th house placement is an unconscious sensitivity to the pain of others, which may manifest as a `knowing' when another needs reassurance or assistance.

positive

Banned
positive, Martin Lass describes the wound of Chiron opp Mercury as continually expressing and then repressing yourself - the eternal dilemma of "should I or shouldn't I let people know how wounded I believe myself to be?"

With Chiron in the 12th your wounds are deep-seated and generational, to do with feeling unsupported and vulnerable. The financial crisis (and there is so much more to come financially) will be perceived by those with Chiron in Taurus as either an opportunity to prove yourself, or an opportunity for resentment against those who have been in charge of the country's/world's purse strings. The gift of this 12th house placement is an unconscious sensitivity to the pain of others, which may manifest as a `knowing' when another needs reassurance or assistance.

therefore, I think the major problem is the spontanous expression. (though I don´t know if this is really exactly me... the said above I mean.. I also have saturn moon opp, and air; so, yes probably)

both too general. I could also point this to other constellations. but thank you.

I want to add, that when I look to Chiron in a a chart, then I interpret this that there are issues of confidence in the certain area, but problems which can by the time be perfected. I have it in 12, my mother always said I didn´t want to to be alone, play alone etc., now (since my childhood) I do not have any problems to be alone.

Last edited:

Flowergirl

The financial crisis (and there is so much more to come financially) will be perceived by those with Chiron in Taurus as either an opportunity to prove yourself, or an opportunity for resentment against those who have been in charge of the country's/world's purse strings.

Omg, I how true this is.

I also just realised that Jupiter will be transiting Taurus well into mid 2012 with particular emphasis on the first decan (because of Retrograde). Does that mean that Jupiter will 'blow up' the Chiron in Taurus issues? I am certainly starting to feel the strain.

divine g

Banned
Omg, I how true this is.

I also just realised that Jupiter will be transiting Taurus well into mid 2012 with particular emphasis on the first decan (because of Retrograde). Does that mean that Jupiter will 'blow up' the Chiron in Taurus issues? I am certainly starting to feel the strain.

I think that just might be the case, although I'm hoping for a positive outcome. Jupiter is a benefic, so it should be a good thing, but Jupiter is also known to blow things out of proportion. Just this weekend, I had to deal with seeing family for the first time in years, and some old wounds definitely came up. It wasn't easy, but I survived. So in a sense, you kind of have to go through your Chiron wound again to heal it. Kind of like the only antidote to a snake bite is a little more snake poison?

Also, Jupiter is now trining Pluto, so a lot of old stuff could be coming up, but Pluto is all about facing those fears to be able to purge them and move on once and for all. And Pluto is known to take extreme measures to achieve that, so I think the more you brace yourself for it, the better off you'll be. It may be a painful process, but I think it's for the better. Some wounds can heal on their own with time, but with Chiron, remember, we're dealing with wounds that may never heal. But it's about being able to find strength in it, and be able to cope with it somehow. My lesson this weekend was hey, we all have issues, sometimes if you're forced into facing those issues, you just have to grin and bear it! :pinched:

Btw, the issues that came up sure enough were with self-worth, as most of my family have chosen jobs that pay a lot of money, and I kind of didn't, so...Irony is, I really don't need or want their kind of money, but it's just the uncomfortableness of thinking that people looking at you a certain way bc they have more money than you. It's almost as if they want to make you feel less worthy, to force you into their way of seeing things. I dont know if Jupiter will help cure your wounds, but it will definitely help you deal with them, and look on the bright side of things, as being optimistic is Jupiter's specialty :happy:

Last edited:

Flowergirl

Thanks for that. I can definitely say that I too have to just grin and bear it. I am constructively and consciously trying to work with the energy though it hurts. I do however see the benefic influence as well. Once some things have shifted, I feel an inner strength and calm with the situation I've not had before.

moonbeam2

I too am very interested in Chiron in Taurus- i have it in my fourth house and seems to make quite a few connections to the planets in my chart. There is also a square between chiron and my aquarius ascendent. It is opposite my venus/mars/uranus in scorpio and square jupiter in leo and was wondering how it connections would influence all of these planets and the chart as a whole.

mister_hank

I have Chiron in Taurus & 4th House.

When I was little, my family was struggling financially. I had no idea what were the reasons but we were on welfare for a while. My family life (while I'm in foster care since I was 10yo) has been difficult throughout my teen life. I've been a victim of neglect from multitudes of parents that were supposed to love me...But I never got it. :crying:

Now I wish I can help others who been through what I've been through. I did some volunteer work during Thanksgiving Holiday back in 2009/2010. If I had the option to do it again, I will.

Hank Campbell

mpalardy

I'm actually glad to find this thread. Apparently, I'm not the only person with Chiron in Taurus in the tenth. Particularly in stagnant economic times as ours, we're likely to find our wounds torn open once again. In my case, I find Chiron to be more of a malefic in my chart than Saturn. How much would you like to bet that those leading the various Occupy or anti-austerity protests worldwide are natives of Chiron in Taurus?

Chiron to me is a big ugly bruise in what otherwise would be a beautiful grand trine with 2nd-house conjunct Mars/Jupiter and fifth-house Sun. As the second house is involved, that makes the Taurean bruise all the more prominent, and its aspects allow this wound to bleed all over the chart.

But, my chart aside, one must wonder how this generation's formative years stack up against the previous Chiron-in-Taurus generation, born early in the Depression. Here's where it becomes interesting. While the past generation dealt with material want, this generation, the latchkey generation, the first to deal with parents divorcing on a significant scale, dealt with the wounds to self-worth that often absent parents brought. One could blame this on the materialism of the "yuppie" years, but in any case, it has no doubt led to a de-emphasis in value on material things. Our childhoods were affluent, but that affluence did not bring comfort. No doubt, we're always edgy, being in a sense able to feel this economic downturn in our bones even before it hit, and to start preparing to go without. The external detachment is merely a representation of the internal detachment--at times, almost, a fatalism about the situation.

The wounds to self-worth have also affected such things as relationships and marriage. The capacity to love is blighted, though, if mastered, it can become transformative (remember that this generation also has Pluto in Venus's other sign, Libra). But I think that the position of Taurus's ruler would say more about this than simply the Chiron placement. My Venus on the descendant squares Chiron, alas; even a Jupiter transit could not allow me to put aside my career and financial insecurities when an opportunity to marry came my way last year.

Perhaps the Pluto trine we'll see soon will purge a lot from Chiron, but that's my experience of Chiron in Taurus. Anyone else been there?

R4VEN

No doubt, we're always edgy, being in a sense able to feel this economic downturn in our bones even before it hit, and to start preparing to go without. The external detachment is merely a representation of the internal detachment--at times, almost, a fatalism about the situation.
That's a really good way of describing the approach of this generation. I can see this in the Ch in Taurus generation of the late 70's - early 80's.
The wounds to self-worth have also affected such things as relationships and marriage. The capacity to love is blighted, though, if mastered, it can become transformative (remember that this generation also has Pluto in Venus's other sign, Libra). But I think that the position of Taurus's ruler would say more about this than simply the Chiron placement. My Venus on the descendant squares Chiron, alas; even a Jupiter transit could not allow me to put aside my career and financial insecurities when an opportunity to marry came my way last year.
A Chiron placement never stands alone - it always weaves itself into the rest of the chart. When I began this thread I was interested in `stories' - personal stories - and generalisations, but as always any thread has its own life, created by all the posters.

My son who was born right at the beginning of Chiron in Taurus has his Venus conjunct Uranus is the 12th, so his `detachment' is almost palpable. He lives almost entirely `not of this world'. Even as a child he was a little `off the planet'. He finds the world and its values totally bewildering.

sequestra

I have chiron here in the 6th, which is purportedly the worst place for it? :unsure: It is square my sun, bQ neptune and sextile venus/mars (these two planets are square my nep in 1st). I have always felt chiron was implicated in my body dysmorphia (along with of course venus/mars square nep in 1st), what with taurus being venus-ruled and all that. Also my chiron is a singleton - only earth. Yuk. I am feeling particularly pisceanly doomed atm.

R4VEN

I have always felt chiron was implicated in my body dysmorphia (along with of course venus/mars square nep in 1st), what with taurus being venus-ruled and all that.

Chiron in Taurus in the 6th is not terribly `doomed', but it does suggest body/health issues which need to be addressed, but which often have obscure origins and may be difficult to diagnose.
(For instance, my mid-30's son has Chiron in 6th in Taurus conj his South node. He has been low in energy since he was a new-born. When he was about to begin school aged 5 he was still having a daytime sleep - sometimes of 3-4 hours duration. As an adult he has worked little due to his low energy & depression. The medicos have not been able to find a cause. Only 3 months ago he had a hair strand test (through an alternative therapist) and discovered he has copper levels so high they are almost through the roof, which accounts for his lifetime of symptoms. That's a bit of an extreme case, but you get the picture.)

And in your case, sequestra, the Venus/Mars square Neptune - in conjunction with your Chiron placement - suggests that weird body image thing, where you can't see yourself clearly.

I would suggest that Chiron in Taurus in the 2nd would be the most difficult placement for Ch in Taurus - like a double whammy.

sequestra

Chiron in Taurus in the 6th is not terribly `doomed', but it does suggest body/health issues which need to be addressed, but which often have obscure origins and may be difficult to diagnose.
(For instance, my mid-30's son has Chiron in 6th in Taurus conj his South node. He has been low in energy since he was a new-born. When he was about to begin school aged 5 he was still having a daytime sleep - sometimes of 3-4 hours duration. As an adult he has worked little due to his low energy & depression. The medicos have not been able to find a cause. Only 3 months ago he had a hair strand test (through an alternative therapist) and discovered he has copper levels so high they are almost through the roof, which accounts for his lifetime of symptoms. That's a bit of an extreme case, but you get the picture.)

And in your case, sequestra, the Venus/Mars square Neptune - in conjunction with your Chiron placement - suggests that weird body image thing, where you can't see yourself clearly.

I would suggest that Chiron in Taurus in the 2nd would be the most difficult placement for Ch in Taurus - like a double whammy.

Thanks Raven :happy: - and wow, what a story about your son! He must be thrilled that they have finally found a cause that can be treated. Gosh, talk about a long time coming. I'm glad it is finally able to be addressed.

Hmm yes the 2nd house wouldn't be too good lol. I have never really had monetary problems before, but I'm starting to (I don't currently work)... I need to start being more into money. Then again the 2nd isn't all about money.

R4VEN

My mum was born in 1928 and she has Chiron/Jupiter conjunct in Taurus. .....
She cares too much about having money in the bank and doesn't actually care about, or for, her physical things. It's weird, because money in the bank is just a digital abstraction and doesn't even really exist! :eek:
Thanks for sharing your Mum's story, Sweet Pea.

Consider also that your Mum belongs to the Pluto in Cancer generation, and this whole generation were taught to be frugal, to not be careless with money, and to spend wisely, to put money away for `a rainy day' - or more correctly, when another Great Depression hits. These values were so much more evident in the group of people (with Pluto in Cancer) who also had Chiron in Taurus.

And I can still remember when we all had bank books, and a bank teller would write (by hand!!!) the deposits and withdrawals in the bank book, and the money was handed to us in notes and coins. Brought up that way, the idea of money in the bank being digital is just so way beyond `real' for many older people.