Transiting Saturn opp natal moon!

Neptune Rising

Hi,

I have transitting Saturn opposing my natal Moon in Pisces at the end of this year. It's been trining my Chiron in Aries all this year and soon it will be opposing my Moon! :eek: I really would just like to relax but feel nervous about what next year may be like!

The last time Saturn conjuncted my Moon in 1994 was awful, I found myself in an abusive relationship throughout the transit. Soon towards the end of that transit, I managed to leave the relationship. That transit certainly transformed me, I learned how to value myself and I became stronger emotionally. I know that once you have learned a karmic lesson and that teaching has become ingrained in your soul, you don't have to go through the same experience again because you've learned it. However, I'm a bit worried about what this upcoming opposition might mean.

I understand that Saturn's energies were working together (conjunct) with my natal Moon in '94, so they worked together to produce stronger, more stable emotions. I can even go back to 1979 when Saturn opposed my natal Moon, my parents got divorced then and I moved to Canada for 6 months, my world turned upside down. I cannot figure out what it will be like when Saturn's energies are working opposite my natal Moon this time round. Can anyone suggest how Saturns energies work in transiting opposition to the natal Moon?

Many thanks for any help, advice,

Neptune (wanting a holiday on the beach for 2 years!!) :)

Last edited:
I was just looking at your chart and noticed Saturn in Cancer in the 7th house square to Pluto in Libra in the 9th. This aspect probably indicates the abusive relationship you were involved in this can get you involved in very dominating controlling relationships until you learn to make better choices for yourself. Like you said you have learned to be stronger emotionally and value yourself, and you would never want to stay in a relationship which turned abusive. With myself personally there have been plenty of times I have thought I have learned my Karmic lesson but have been drawn back to my old patterns in relationships, it takes a lot of strength, determination and even surrendering to be free of limiting relationship patterns which hold you back in life. Even now I still have to constantly examine myself in relationships, for me it feels like a life long lesson learning how to be treated as an equal and learn to create an equal Partnership and make sure my individual needs are met in my relationships, and that my partnerships don't continue to turn into power struggles. With your Moon in Pisces square Neptune this can make you emotionally vulnerable, and prone to being in relationships were you might feel victimised, Saturn Conjuncting the Moon does represent a testing time emotionally and you can attract difficulties with relationships, and your family/home front.

Saturn aspecting the Moon generally means getting in touch with your inner self, and how you relate emotionally to testing situations. Saturn is trying to mature your emotional reactions although it can feel heavy emotionally, this Saturn transit to the Moon is about Emotionally Worthwhile lessons. As with all transits it is difficult going through them at the time it is only afterwards when you realize you are a little more different than before and have gained more maturity, that you see how necessary these lessons were which have helped you become a stronger person in your life. Hopefully for all of us they make us better people in the end, and not bitter people. You seem to have a great attitude I wouldn't worry about it, you never know exactly what is going to happen with transits you know the areas of life they effect but not the exact events which will happen. There are always going to be hard transits and I wouldn't get overly worried about them just focus on what is happening in your life now, and deal with any stuff which comes up during the Saturn oppose Moon transit later.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Many thanks Shining Ray for such an indepth, calming response which I really needed right now.

Shining Ray said:
With myself personally there have been plenty of times I have thought I have learned my Karmic lesson but have been drawn back to my old patterns in relationships, it takes a lot of strength, determination and even surrendering to be free of limiting relationship patterns which hold you back in life.

I can see what you mean with this. I guess some lessons need to be constantly reviewed in life if we want to keep them refreshed. Like learning to drive a car, and then stopping and not driving for ages. When starting to drive again, we would be a bit rusty until we refresh what we learned before, but not necessarily going through the whole driving lessons again. I guess ome things come along just to keep us on the right track. Which is a great thing.

Shining Ray said:
With your Moon in Pisces square Neptune this can make you emotionally vulnerable, and prone to being in relationships were you might feel victimised, Saturn Conjuncting the Moon does represent a testing time emotionally and you can attract difficulties with relationships, and your family/home front

This is so true and I have to be constantly aware of this. I now luckily attract mostly people with whom I have an equal exchange and soon become aware if something is not right. Romantic relationships I still have much work to do to create balance, probably a lifetimes work. I guess the best reward and satisfaction from that will come in later life, twilight years maybe. But for now i try to make sure I don't become hardened like a rock:D

The last time Saturn conjuncted my moon I became totally seperated from my family because of that relationship I was in. Whoa what a lesson!! I still think Saturn is one of the most lovelyist planets in the sky though, just a little harsh at times. ;)

Thanks again for your advice, I will take it easy and have faith I will be able to deal with whatever happens. Its all for the higher good these ups and downs. I think I should take a holiday now, its going to transit my 9th house soon! :D

Neptune

Last edited:
I had transiting Saturn in the 9th a few years back when I was about 19 years old. I remember I was in college at this time doing an Animal Care course. I hated the travelling to the college, I liked my work placement but hated the college it was frustrating since the days in there were so slow, we would be sitting around for hours just to do about a page of work. The college course did end before completion because there was trouble with my placement, and I wasn't happy with the college.

When Saturn transits the 9th according to Carol Rushman:

You will define your belief system, you can become very conservative in regard to religion. College students can be very disciplined and structured about learning during this time, or in some cases decide college is not for them and drop out. Most often travel is for business rather than pleasure when transiting Saturn goes through the 9th.

Hope you have a nice holiday, I have my Solar return Sun in the 9th and I was hoping for a nice holiday. My partner has mentioned a holiday possibly for us at the end of the year. It will be my first holiday abroad, in our relationship synastry chart his Mars falls in my 9th and trines my Asc and he loves travel, he helps bring travel into my life. :)

Neptune Rising

Shining Ray said:
My partner has mentioned a holiday possibly for us at the end of the year. It will be my first holiday abroad, in our relationship synastry chart his Mars falls in my 9th and trines my Asc and he loves travel, he helps bring travel into my life. :)

Hope you have a wonderful holiday! That's funny, I'm hoping to go on holiday in a few months with a guy - his Mars is in my 9th house too, and Pluto! I've been away with him once before. Transformative holidays!!

An ex I travelled with a few times had Pluto and Uranus in 9th! They were last minute holidays and I certainly won't forget them, they were mind opening, brilliant!

Neptune

Last edited:

indigojenardu

I have just gone through this very same aspect - transiting saturn opp natal moon. Advice to you: brace yourself. You won't know what's hit you.

On a positive side: it roots out all the emotions and fears and nightmares from waaaaay back that you thought you could never deal with and MAKES you get on with it.

Which is what it did for me in the end - though going through it: I honestly thought my heart was going to give up. But at it's peak - my husband grabbed me through a severe anxiety attack (they were so bad that my pulse used to go to 200 plus and they wanted to put me on tranquilisers to slow my heartbeat down for medical reasons). He held me by the shoulders and shook me and said "****** look at me: look at me - you're stronger than you think. You will get through this".

I did. Without tranquilisers or anything - The anxiety peaked and then the time came when I faced up to all those myriad of things that I had to shed in my life. The things that had to go - they went and this is what Saturn does...it just roots out all the unnecessary and all the hidden rubbish and makes you deal with it, whether you like it or not.

My natal moon is in my 3rd and 4th house so it was a really trying time. But I got through it.

Hope it all goes well for you too.

Indigo x x

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thanks indigojenardu for sharing that, it sounds like it was quite an ordeal! Its great that your husband was there to support you. Tranquilisers may only have delayed dealing with the things you had to deal with. I understand that when in the midst of these heavy transits, it seems just awful! But once over it was worth the ride. I certainly felt that during Saturn's return, my goodness, at times I thought time was standing still in the bottomless pit I sometimes found myself in!

I also got anxiety when faced with my inner world of unconscious emotions, and would loved to have something to help ease it, but could find nothing. I even seeked help from a doctor for a short time, that showed me that only I could help myself. Then I went for a card reading and he asked me why was I afraid. These are emotions we all need to deal with and trying to run away and make things 'nice' won't help. Then I realised I just needed to feel the emotions I was so afraid of and face them. Now I'm better at handling the light and dark side of life - through intergrating these different aspects of myself I feel more balanced. But now I look back and am grateful for the things I learned during that transit.

I guess since this is the 2nd time Saturn has opposed my natal Moon, also in the 3rd house, I may have to face the emotions going on around me from when I was 4 or 5, eek! Ah well, the transit is coming anyway and there is no running away! Haha, after leaving Virgo it conjuncts natal Pluto!! I think I will take up writing as a way to release some of these things.

Neptune

Last edited:

AquariusMoon

Hi, Neptune Rising. You and I have about the same degree Asc. Today Saturn has just crossed over my Moon for the 3rd time and there was an event.

One pass of this transit went undetected, but my mother died during this transit (tr Neptune is opposing). Saturn opp Moon (the Moon being the ruler of my H8) did make me feel quite alone.

I think with Saturn opp Moon that everyone may be saying "no" to you, OR you may decide to say "no" to someone who has been taking advantage of you or say "no" to some situation that no longer serves you. When tr Mars is cj your Saturn (and trines your Moon) in December, you may find yourself saying "no" to someone or something, and you may feel very good about it! I think you'll stand up for yourself in some way that has been a long time coming with tr Saturn opp Moon in Pisces square Neptune/Asc/NNode. You may go from illusion to seeing the truth in some situation and be glad for the clarity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturn Oppose Moon

The universe, the world, and/or those around you seem to be saying "no" to your needs and wishes at this time. You may be feeling misunderstood, passed over or ignored, unsupported, or alone. Or you may be feeling a head-on conflict between what life is demanding of you (what you have to do), and what you are most comfortable with (what you want to do). Some part of your life as you have been living it up until now may need to be left behind, and feelings of sorrow, depression, or fear may accompany this. You may also face areas within yourself in which you have refused to mature or grow up, and you're being called upon to do so now. This can be a very trying time, but also a necessary one for your ongoing growth.

Positive Potentials:

Pruning, eliminating, ridding yourself of old habits, involvements, and ways of being that are no longer appropriate to the person you are becoming. Finding new sources of satisfaction, nourishment, and fulfillment. Slowing down, taking more time for self-care and self-nurturing. Learning to ask for what you want and feeling you deserve it. A new priority towards your life work or your emotional and personal life.

Negative Potentials:

Negative feelings of worthlessness, self-criticism and self-judgment about your lacks, weaknesses, or mistakes, self-pity, regrets, or blaming others for your unhappiness. Feeling alone and unable to connect or ask for help, support or care.

Remedies and Suggestions:

Take some time to seek the sources of your discontent, and to make the necessary changes in attitudes, lifestyle or relationships that will support a healthier you.

Your appetite or digestion may be weakened right now, so pay attention to nourishing yourself well on the physical level as well emotional levels. Remember that this trying time will pass; use humor and/or spiritual faith to help you through it.

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Hi AquariusMoon! Firstly, I'm very sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I do hope your mother's soul is at peace. You have my love.

Many thanks for replying also, this has given me some hope! Nice to meet a fellow Sag rising. You also have Jupiter transiting through your Ascendant/1st house. Its retrograding back to your Ascendant soon too! Has Jupiter given you some of his optimism/philosophy?

AquariusMoon said:
Saturn opp Moon (the Moon being the ruler of my H8) did make me feel quite alone.

I have a feeling I'll be feeling this too during the transit, but also have a feeling it will be for my own good. A way to make me mature and independant and not be so reliant on others for emotional support. It does feel quite scary though and it hasn't even happened yet! I have a feeling of foreboding... It's probably a good time to imerse in some hobby. I've read that its good to keep yourself occupied during this transit, otherwise it can be very depressing!

AquariusMoon said:
I think with Saturn opp Moon that everyone may be saying "no" to you, OR you may decide to say "no" to someone who has been taking advantage of you or say "no" to some situation that no longer serves you.

This does sound good, I bet at the time it happens it'll feel "blahhh!!!" I'll never take Saturn for granted again after experiencing Saturn's return!

I'm noticing a strange mundane coincidence. Just prior to Saturn conjuncting natal Moon last time, I took out a loan to buy a car. I got into a terrible situation with a boyfriend and amongst other things, ended up in debt. Now, just prior to opposition with natal Moon, I'm taking out a loan to buy a car! Hopefully this time I'll handle it a bit better. Show Saturn that I have learned from his lessons!

Neptune

Last edited:

AquariusMoon

Thank you, Neptune, for your kind words :)

We have the same nodes too. Mine are at 8 degrees. Fun nodes!

I've been enjoying the Jupiter part of the year immensely. I've taken lots of trips and am taking lessons with an amazing teacher, am getting more into yoga and some other things. The nodes transiting H3/9 have had a lot to do with all of this, working in conjunction with Jup and the natal nodes. Ditto you and buying a car. Your H3 is so lit up right now. Wow, pr Ven conj pr Jup! Are you taking some good classes too?

Saturn will be squaring the nodes at the same time as opp'g your Moon. Yes, planning to stay busy those few weeks is a good idea. That's what I'm going to do. I think my assignments will require lots of attention to detail and will perhaps take longer to finish. I remember Virgo in Saturn last time, it was like that. Saturn being in Virgo, it's a good time to start a diet, focus on learning something new, but be tested that way rather than some other way. Virgo relates to precision and measure. So maybe a feng shui, reiki or some kind of cooking class would be good. Just some ideas :34:

AMoon

Neptune Rising

AquariusMoon said:
I've been enjoying the Jupiter part of the year immensely. I've taken lots of trips and am taking lessons with an amazing teacher, am getting more into yoga and some other things. The nodes transiting H3/9 have had a lot to do with all of this, working in conjunction with Jup and the natal nodes. Ditto you and buying a car. Your H3 is so lit up right now. Wow, pr Ven conj pr Jup! Are you taking some good classes too?

That is great, your learning so many things! Yoga is great, I've been doing it about 14 years. I've been doing more meditation this year though, I let it slip last year. I've been on one holiday this year and am going on another in 2 weeks - really lucky. Haven't been on holiday for ages before these. I guess thats the 3rd/9th house Nodes transit.

Yes I've been taking classes too, belly dancing. Our class has had to do some performances on stage, it was brilliant. I would never have gone on stage otherwise. I'm trying to find a new teacher now as class has finished. Its great the influence of Jupiter, so much learning with abundance!

AquariusMoon said:
Saturn will be squaring the nodes at the same time as opp'g your Moon.

I noticed this with trepidation! Around 16/17th October transiting Satturn, South Node and Venus oppose natal Moon, North Node conjunct natal Moon, and eekk...they will all be squaring natal nodes. I might just book a day or two off work! This could be some change of direction/crisis/karma. Sounds like a busy time.

Neptune:)

AquariusMoon

14 yrs of yoga and now belly dancing...wow, that's great! The belly dancers I've known have been such a wonderful, fun group of people, and so incredibly creative.

The thing about the Saturn/SNode/Venus square the nodes is that tr Jupiter and tr Uranus are in about the same place as when tr Uranus/NNode/Mars were conjunct at the end of April, which tr Uranus was/is conjunct your Jupiter. With that transit I got a great job. Did something nice happen to you?

We've gone through a bunch of squares to our nodes and Ascendants (and your Neptune and my Sun) over the past few years. Saturn will be the last one for a while. That is cause for a celebration! Yea! So I'm looking forward to it in that sense.

Saturn retrogrades right at 8 Sag for almost 8 weeks starting in December and once again in Aug '08, and then that's it. Saturn will whiz right past our Ascendants soon after that just once.

At the time of Saturn squaring our nodes and opp your Moon, tr Jup and Pluto are conjunct and sextile your pr Sun and the tr NNode, trine my Jup and Pluto. The tr NNode is conj my Mars and your Sun. Sounds like there's some kind of opportunity available if we apply ourselves. People will be coming into our lives, that's for sure.

With Saturn opp Moon, my advice is to look at the synastry you have with others. Like maybe someone with a 6 Virgo Pluto would be the person who could be part of your transit, Nov/Dec '59 and Sep '60. Maybe a 6 Sag Pluto. They could actually be helpful to you at that time or could be critical or even both!

AMoon

Neptune Rising

AquariusMoon said:
The belly dancers I've known have been such a wonderful, fun group of people, and so incredibly creative.

Yes, the ones met in class were all lovely, they really insipred me. That was a wonderful energy to come into my life. One of the students studies astrology but without the aid of computers, does it all manually. When she explained how she does this and the instruments she uses it blew me away! She also reads coffee cups, you know the thick coffee that forms a pattern when the empty cup is turned upside down.

AquariusMoon said:
The thing about the Saturn/SNode/Venus square the nodes is that tr Jupiter and tr Uranus are in about the same place as when tr Uranus/NNode/Mars were conjunct at the end of April, which tr Uranus was/is conjunct your Jupiter. With that transit I got a great job. Did something nice happen to you?

Well, I started a new job around March 19th, on the solar eclipse. My June and progressed ceres is at 28/29 degrees Pisces - the same point as the eclipse. I'm waiting to see what happens with the job and the effect of the eclipse on those asteroids. When the tr Sun squared my natal Juno/Pr Ceres, I did have a hard time, it brought out a lot of conflict, mainly from me, in a karmic relationship I'm in. He also has Juno and pr Juno at 29 degrees Pisces. That explains the conflict between us. Conflict now resolved on both parts. In September at 29degrees Virgo, tr Sun opposes natal Juno/pr Ceres.

AquariusMoon said:
At the time of Saturn squaring our nodes and opp your Moon, tr Jup and Pluto are conjunct and sextile your pr Sun and the tr NNode, trine my Jup and Pluto. The tr NNode is conj my Mars and your Sun. Sounds like there's some kind of opportunity available if we apply ourselves. People will be coming into our lives, that's for sure.

Hehehe, it does sound quite exciting! I have a feeling it may be extra ordinary!

AquariusMoon said:
With Saturn opp Moon, my advice is to look at the synastry you have with others. Like maybe someone with a 6 Virgo Pluto would be the person who could be part of your transit, Nov/Dec '59 and Sep '60. Maybe a 6 Sag Pluto. They could actually be helpful to you at that time or could be critical or even both!

This is bizarre,. I have been dying to explore the aspects I have with this guy I have a relationship with, its very 'karmic', like nothing I've experience before.

He has Pluto at 6 degrees Virgo, and Chiron at 6 degrees Pisces. My Moon is right in the middle. I have no idea what will happen with us! :confused: Something looks like it will happen though.

Could I show you the synastry between us.

Neptune

AquariusMoon

Your synastry with the transits of October 14th
neptunerisingandbfyr5.jpg

Msariel

HI Neptune Rising, if you're still on this forum I'd love to hear about your experience of Saturn opp Moon in hindsight... I'm going through it as we speak, spent last night in anxiety in tears.... Or anyone else who could tell me more about how this transit went. I'm very anxious :(