Will I get a job with them?

Neptune Rising

Hi astrologers

I would appreciate a second opinion on this chart, thank you!

I just started a week temp work in a town, and just happened to see my old boss walk past the office. He offered me some work a month ago, but nothing came of it. I think maybe we've synced as more than coincidence he walked past. So I asked, will I get a job with his firm?

I am Mercury, soon to retrograde, return maybe?

Work is Saturn
Moon in Scorpio about to conjunct Saturn.

Seems to be a lot going on.

Merc retrogrades and conjuncts Venus, Venus rules the 10th and 3rd houses.

I don't know if he is Jupiter, that is cazimi Sun in the 10th house.

Moon rules 11th and will conjunct Saturn, Fortuna, then trine Venus and Mercury.

I would say its a yes.

Thanks for looking, I will update!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

According to Vedic astrology my observations are as follows:
1. Leo ascendant, lord Sun is conjunct with profession house lord Venus.
2. Profession house is Taurus and lord Venus is placed in the house of achievements and gains, conjunct with ascendant lord Sun, and achievement and finance house lord Mercury, but new responsibility lord Jupiter is total combust.
I think possibility is strong, but may some time (if its related with new profile etc.) because Jupiter is total combust at the time of raising this query.
Possibilities are very strong.

Harold

The "old boss" will I guess be Jupiter, cazimi in the 10th, where we might expect a "boss" to be, and the last planet the Moon aspected before changing sign so indicating a previous relationship before a change, which will have been a change of jobs. The aspect was a trine, so I suspect the relationship was a good one. Being cazimi gives Jupiter great power here, in the heart of the sun, overcoming the fact that it is Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini, and Jupiter is in an appropriate house to give aid to this question.

We can give the 6th house to "the job" which is Saturn. Saturn is retrograde, so indicates a job 'returning'? The Moon moves next to a conjunction with Saturn, so this may well indicate a yes here.

Further positive testimony is the fact that the Moon is sextile the ascendant, the Part of Fortune is trine the ascendant and disposed by Saturn. And Murcury, the querent and ruler of the ascendant, is conjunct the benefic Venus.

The Moon is Via Combusta here, which has attained a reputation as a caution against judgement in modern times, but when you read the traditional texts this "caution" is hardly ever mentioned - if at all. So, we should probably not treat this disproportionately.

Neptune Rising

Thanks Harold! Yes it was a harmonious previous relationship we had when we worked together. It sounds accurate with Jupiter cazimi, he is doing well at his new work, still boss. He was indirectly a bit of a benefactor for me, in the old firm.

Ah yes, I missed the Moon sextiles, I will look out for them!

I must have been missing my coffee earlier, I just noticed the mutual reception with Mercury and Jupiter, me and the old boss. We got along very well. Venus (10) in Jupiters exhaltation.

It looks positive, I hope it doesn't take too long, with the Moon being in a fixed sign.

I will let you know of any updates!

The "old boss" will I guess be Jupiter, cazimi in the 10th, where we might expect a "boss" to be, and the last planet the Moon aspected before changing sign so indicating a previous relationship before a change, which will have been a change of jobs. The aspect was a trine, so I suspect the relationship was a good one. Being cazimi gives Jupiter great power here, in the heart of the sun, overcoming the fact that it is Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini, and Jupiter is in an appropriate house to give aid to this question.

We can give the 6th house to "the job" which is Saturn. Saturn is retrograde, so indicates a job 'returning'? The Moon moves next to a conjunction with Saturn, so this may well indicate a yes here.

Further positive testimony is the fact that the Moon is sextile the ascendant, the Part of Fortune is trine the ascendant and disposed by Saturn. And Murcury, the querent and ruler of the ascendant, is conjunct the benefic Venus.

The Moon is Via Combusta here, which has attained a reputation as a caution against judgement in modern times, but when you read the traditional texts this "caution" is hardly ever mentioned - if at all. So, we should probably not treat this disproportionately.

Neptune Rising stated:

Work is Saturn
Moon in Scorpio about to conjunct Saturn.

Now child of Kronus:saturn:, one blessed with Luna:moon:kissing Zeus:jupiter:, yet Zeus has never felt quiet that comfortable in the 3rd. I started out in my adolesant or begining phase in my horary studies with Anthony Louis, reading his first horary book over five times, then read Marc Edmund Jones, then Barbarra Watters. But it was a wayward path:neptune:, and yes we respect their attempts but they misunderstood:neptune: a lot of horary from Traditionalism:jupiter:, and Louis is studying Traditionalism now for that reason.:happy:

My point is that many of the Modernes have devolved to accept the the 6th in horary is our work, but Lilly says quite the contrary; always the 10th.

And I made the same mistake in this discusion found at:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6892&highlight=

But the Tenth:taurus: ruled by Anphrodite:venus:is the lord of the matter! Anphrodite is conjuncting Hermes, but look what is going to happen before they perfect. Luna:moon:will beat Venus from perfecting with Mercury and what does this mean?

Clinton Garrett Soule

Wise men truly know how little they know

Psalm 19:1-4

Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows and proclaims His handiwork.
2 Day after day pours forth speech, and night after night shows forth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor spoken word [from the stars]; their voice is not heard.
4 Yet their voice [in evidence] goes out through all the earth, their sayings to the end of the world. Of the heavens has God made a tent for the sun,

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thank you for looking, Clinton!

I always thought that Moon was the story teller of the chart, it's aspects told the story. I am Mercury and Venus is the 10th house, Moon rules the 11th house. This to me suggests a job coming, also because Mercury will retrograde back to conjunct Venus.

Moon in Scorpio does make me wonder though, to the weakness of it's power. I know Scorpio is fertile though.

I don't know.

Neptune Rising said:

Moon in Scorpio does make me wonder though, to the weakness of it's power. I know Scorpio is fertile though.

I'm only refering you to this discussion because of Via combusta, Burned Path Moon:

http://starlightknightastrology.com/2011/10/06/horary-technique-via-combusta/

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7429&sid=6cb5fd0bc267e365f4f0fbbf6447fbb1

But Luna is going to frustrate things here in your horary do you understand why?

Clinton Garrett Soule

Psalm 19:1-4 Amplified Bible (AMP)

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows and proclaims His handiwork.
2 Day after day pours forth speech, and night after night shows forth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor spoken word [from the stars]; their voice is not heard.
4 Yet their voice [in evidence] goes out through all the earth, their sayings to the end of the world. Of the heavens has God made a tent for the sun,

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

No I don't know why, I am fed up with the situation, workwise, I am in, to be honest, and quite tired too. I have a temporary full time job and teaching in the evenings, so I don't have much other time free. Thanks for the links, when I get the chance, I will take a look at them.

Harold

Just to put the other side of the argument on "jobs" - astrology did not become set in stone once Lilly had written Christian Astrology and I think we can all accept that the world is a very different place than it was more than 360 years ago. "Jobs" as we know them today, where we are essentially selling our time for cash, was certainly not a 10th house activity in Lilly's day. ("Trades" people did not work by the hour then...) "Day workers", who did sell their time for cash, (they were paid by the day), were given to the 6th house by Lilly though....

That said, you often find in "Will I get the job?" type questions that testimony is given both by the 10th and the 6th house.

In this question, I missed the fact that Venus here is actually the faster planet and so Mercury and Venus are moving to a conjunction. In fact, the Moon perfects a trine to Venus first. I would comment that Mercury is disposed by the Moon and so this would suggest that the offer of a job will come quicker than would be expected from the the Venus-Mercury conjunction. Too, the Moon-Saturn conjunction gives promise of a job offer, but as Saturn is retrograde, the conjunction happens more quickly and (as Lilly says) this can bring about the matter more speedily than might otherwise be expected.

The Jupiter cazimi matter is interesting too as Jupiter is within 16 minutes of the centre of the Sun both in longitude and latitude. This much tighter definition of cazimi is given by Henry Coley in "Key to the Art of Astrology", rather than just being within 16 (or 17) minutes of longitude as given by other authors like Lilly.

Neptune Rising

Thank you Harold!!

Yes to me that makes sense. The job I'm looking for is certainly not what I would view as a 'career'. Its a 'pay the bills' type of job, it may even be temporary, as long as it pays. I have seen this too, where 10th and 6th house verify an outcome in these types of questions.

There does indeed seem to be two types of testimonies for getting a job offer.

I appreciate your time and for coming back with this information. My tarot cards say the same thing. I read somewhere that with Saturn being the 6th house ruler, the work may be hard. I've had that before and the job was very hard!

Yes I agree the Sun/Jupiter is interesting.

I will definitely come back with any updates!

Thanks again!

Neptune Rising

I thought I'd give a little update, I got a different job offer, not from the person I was thinking of in regards to this question. The offer is from my teaching work, a new student just now contacted me. I am still hoping for other work to fill my days, and I will update if anything else happens.

Thanks!

Neptune Rising stated:

No I don't know why, I am fed up with the situation, workwise, I am in, to be honest, and quite tired too

Wish you had it better Neptune Rising, there is an awful lot of people in the USA feeling simular since no Democrat President has done much for the workers since Jimmy Carter.

Even though you are quite tired of your work situation and frustrated, Lilly talks about what Luna:moon:will do to the tenth lord before Anphrodite:venus:and Hermes:mercury:can perfect.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/texts.html

http://mithras93.tripod.com/books/books.html

Christian Astrology I, pages 110-111:

[PROHIBITION.] Prohibition is when two Planets that signifie the effecting or bringing to conclusion any thing demanded, are applying to an Aspect; and before they can come to a true Aspect, another Planet interposeth either his body or aspect, to that thereby the matter propounded is hindered and retarded; this is called Prohibition. For example, Mars is in 7. degr. of Aries, and Saturn is in the 12. Mars signifies the effecting my business when he comes to the body of Saturn, who promises the conclusion, the Sun is at the same time in 6. degr. of Aries. Now in regard that the Sun is swifter in motion then Mars, he will overtake Mars, and come to Conjunction with Saturn before Mars, whereby whatever Mars or Saturn did formerly signifie, is now prohibited by the Sun his first impediting Mars and then Saturn, before they can come to a true Conjunction. This manner of prohibition is called a Conjunctionall or Bodily prohibition; and you must know that the combustion of any Planet is the greatest misfortune that can be.

[2.] The second manner of Prohibition is by Aspect, either Sextile, Square, Trifle , Opposition, viz. when two Planets are going to Conjunction; as Mars in 7 degr. of Aries, Saturn in 15 of Aries; let us admit the Sun in 5. degr. of Gemini; he then being more swift than Mars in his diurnall motion, doth quickly overtake and passe by the Sextile dexter of Mars ( and comes before Mars can come to Conjunction) to a Sextile dexter of
Saturn: This is called Prohibition by Aspect, in the same nature judge if the Aspect be Square, Trine, Opposition.

Can you see how Luna knocked this out for you?

Neptune Rising, the Combustion is Not there as you can see, the only reason I emphasized it as BOLD was for the benefit of the Forum to note how bad Lilly says COMBUSTION truly is!

Hope you dig into Lilly, it will make a world of difference in yiour horary!

Clinton Garrett Soule

Psalm 19:1-4 Amplified Bible (AMP)

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thanks for your quotes, I do understand the Moon to be the story teller of the chart. The aspects it makes tells what will happen. When the Moon trines Venus, then Mercury, it is also in each of those planets terms, which suggest to be a job will be coming as the Moon has, or will have at those degrees, an interest in each planet, rather than prohibiting the coming together of them. Moon rules the 11th house of wishes. So I will keep wishing!

Thanks again!

balefully

1. Mercury (You) going back to Venus (Career)
2. Moon You) conjunct to Saturn Rx (Job - something you used to work at? someone from the past?)

So I think Yes but don't know how it turns out. The thing with my amatuerish horary skills is the inability to connect the dots to tell the story.

Neptune Rising

Hi
Been a long time, but finally I got some feedback!
I got a job with them, school holidays and what not meant a delay, but its come good! :)
Bit more detail, it was an old job that came back, different company but same boss.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Hi
Been a long time, but finally I got some feedback!
I got a job with them, school holidays and what not meant a delay, but its come good! :)
Bit more detail, it was an old job that came back, different company but same boss.

Networking brought you in! Your old boss wanted you in his new organization! Far Out! That has got to make you feel really great!

Neptune Rising

Thanks Zarathu! I feel really great about it, I liked working for this boss and its what I've been looking for for ages, part time work. It'll be my third job. I didn't do anything to get it really, just been blessed by the heavens <3