Is my chart horrible or am I overreacting?

AprilDiamond

and, I recently learned about the progressed chart and have been studying that. My progressed moon is in the 2H but I feel like i'm still acting 12H house moon-like.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_me.71092.34334.jpg
    astro_2gw_me.71092.34334.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 48

waybread

Welcome to the forum.

Your chart is not horrible. There are very few "vanilla" charts out there. Most people have a mix of challenging and easy aspects. Millions of people born about your birth year have the Saturn-Uranus conjunction, and most will have one or more hard aspects to it.

The birth chart is like your road map for life. Progressions show where you are now on the map astrologically, but they don't alter you basic map. Your progressed moon generally shows a particular area of interest or concern by its house location.

jkxx74

Premium Member
(your chart with transits and progressions)

April-D042020.png

As waybread said I don't see anything terrible but I wanted to go with progressions to see if there was anything going on with your chart right now that's making you feel down. There are a couple things which stand out - one is transit Chiron having recently crossed your descendant into your 7th house - this would have coincided with getting hurt by others somehow (typically) or getting some undeservedly painful evaluation. Chiron itself passing through H7 speaks of thinking of the ways you have been hurt through relating with others. The other theme related to this one is that Neptune is in conjunction with natal Venus (you have it in the same degree as me basically) and usually you end up with some disillusionment around this transit such as being seriously let down by someone who turns out to be not what you believed them to be. In either case we are talking about being mistreated by others rather than anything being wrong with your chart.

There are a couple of aspects in the natal chart that could give you trouble, though. Between '87 and '90 Saturn and Uranus were in conjunction in Sag-Cap (decans 3 and 1 of those respective signs) and they could cause problems if they would get entangled with a pair of personal planets in opposition say in the natal chart. You have such an opposition between moon and Venus (and Mercury) and all those planets hit Saturn-Uranus by square.

Saturn's effect is the more problematic one for you since it's the closer in orb to Moon-Venus while Uranus picks up the square to Mercury - this is kind of a good thing since Saturn is easier to deal with than Uranus but it can still make life tough. Moon-Saturn basically can make you feel like it's not ok to feel certain things or to "bother" other people with whatever you are feeling (Saturn always seems to want to make you figure it out on your own) while Venus-Saturn can be discouraging for relationship since it feels like it takes too much work to make one work or somehow there are too many duties and responsibilities involved. Because these are both feeling planets these aspects can give you this underlying feeling that things are just too hard and unpleasant but they need not be, it is that natal Saturn that is making it seem so. The flip side is that if you can get Saturn relatively happy (by for example having security and structure in your life) it can allow Moon and Venus more freedom to try to do their thing and seem to run your life a bit less.

AprilDiamond

Welcome to the forum.

Your chart is not horrible. There are very few "vanilla" charts out there. Most people have a mix of challenging and easy aspects. Millions of people born about your birth year have the Saturn-Uranus conjunction, and most will have one or more hard aspects to it.

The birth chart is like your road map for life. Progressions show where you are now on the map astrologically, but they don't alter you basic map. Your progressed moon generally shows a particular area of interest or concern by its house location.

Thank you for response. I didnt realize saturn-conjunction was bad or not so good aspect. I'm gonna do some research on it now. I guess it being in my 3rd house might be why im worrying over it so much.

My life has been full of saturn uranus themes (overwhelment, change, instability, lots of delays, career delays, career-related debt) so im gonna focus on researching that area of my chart. Thanks for pointing that out.

Regarding the progressed chart.. man I was hoping that would be like my new chart and i can abandon my natal cause its so much better :lol:

AprilDiamond

(your chart with transits and progressions)

April-D042020.png

As waybread said I don't see anything terrible but I wanted to go with progressions to see if there was anything going on with your chart right now that's making you feel down. There are a couple things which stand out - one is transit Chiron having recently crossed your descendant into your 7th house - this would have coincided with getting hurt by others somehow (typically) or getting some undeservedly painful evaluation. Chiron itself passing through H7 speaks of thinking of the ways you have been hurt through relating with others. The other theme related to this one is that Neptune is in conjunction with natal Venus (you have it in the same degree as me basically) and usually you end up with some disillusionment around this transit such as being seriously let down by someone who turns out to be not what you believed them to be. In either case we are talking about being mistreated by others rather than anything being wrong with your chart.

There are a couple of aspects in the natal chart that could give you trouble, though. Between '87 and '90 Saturn and Uranus were in conjunction in Sag-Cap (decans 3 and 1 of those respective signs) and they could cause problems if they would get entangled with a pair of personal planets in opposition say in the natal chart. You have such an opposition between moon and Venus (and Mercury) and all those planets hit Saturn-Uranus by square.

Saturn's effect is the more problematic one for you since it's the closer in orb to Moon-Venus while Uranus picks up the square to Mercury - this is kind of a good thing since Saturn is easier to deal with than Uranus but it can still make life tough. Moon-Saturn basically can make you feel like it's not ok to feel certain things or to "bother" other people with whatever you are feeling (Saturn always seems to want to make you figure it out on your own) while Venus-Saturn can be discouraging for relationship since it feels like it takes too much work to make one work or somehow there are too many duties and responsibilities involved. Because these are both feeling planets these aspects can give you this underlying feeling that things are just too hard and unpleasant but they need not be, it is that natal Saturn that is making it seem so. The flip side is that if you can get Saturn relatively happy (by for example having security and structure in your life) it can allow Moon and Venus more freedom to try to do their thing and seem to run your life a bit less.

Whoa thank you for this and the chart showing all of the 3 charts combined. Your right about chiron going into my 7th. I dont know how long the effects last before and after but all last year and up until end of feb/early march I had very painful hurtful relationship stuff happening to me. It affected me health-wise (mental and physical) and work-wise. But it did open up my eyes and made me accept that I'm someone who needs to be partnered so I should take more charge about who I date and who's in my life. So I started learning synastry and practiced manifesting the right partner and the right relationship so i'm very thankful for those chiron lessons. Chiron may still be affecting me through my daughter now. She says some pretty hurtful things lately (her moon is in Aries) but even thats been getting better through learning synastry and applying it to our relationship. So your so right about chiron giving me painful evaluations. I havent had any major let downs recently by others but I'm very secluded and dont have any friends and havent talked to any family members in 9 months. But my mom did let me down major back in july/august last year and my sagittarius ex let me down major in dec/jan.

Regarding moon-saturn making me feel like its not okay to feel certain things or bother other people with how im feeling you are 100% accurate. And relationships are very overwhelming for me. I decided to stick long distance relationships to avoid that overwhelmed feeling and now im dating a truck driver (since late Jan) who I barely ever see but talk to alot and its the longest happiest relationship ive been in a while (my saturn has aspects to every single planet in his chart except his saturn and he's former military and has been giving me alot of structure mentally so maybe im starting to satisfy my saturn)

Thank you so much I'm gonna give more attention to Saturn in my charts and all its aspects. If its not too much to ask how did you make that chart with all three charts combined? On astro.com ?

Last edited:

jkxx74

Premium Member
You are so very welcome :) - I'm glad you found something that resonated with you.
Well I can relate to the secluded isolated life style though no specific advice there other than it's really good to see you have been figuring it out - I still haven't with my own stuff.

Chiron... yes... when we read Greene's chapter on him in Boundaries she says something like "Chiron wants to find real solutions to problems here on earth, not in heaven" relating to how it refers to situations that demand major major adjustment, and it tends to cause some elevation of problems whenever it touches off a planet or a cusp.

Your Neptune-Venus experience sounds familiar with being let down too - the plus side if there is one is that once you have your eyes open you are more careful about not just falling for it the next time this kind of situation comes up. And a good thing is that I think (actually saved your chart on a different computer) it is either close to or just completely done with Neptune not coming back to earlier than 17 Pisces this time around. So this pattern is done with and you'll start seeing some nicer and more helpful people (or better treatment from people in general) now that it's moving on. (Being that I have Venus just 1 degree before you it's also been a theme for me the past 3 years but mine is now done.)

I have had others say it is easier for them to handle things long distance with some of these aspects so that's good it's working out for you and things are staying stable there :) - definitely sounds like some Saturnian themes but of the positive variety.

The chart is from a program I've been making to put into a web site for people to use but haven't gotten around to the second part so I just make ones as needed with the standalone version for now. However you can get the transit and progression charts separately from astro.com and for free with astrolog32 for windows - I just wanted to get them all in one hence the 3 chart wheel - there's another variety with two synastries with the composite in the middle since those are quite useful for seeing issues with people getting along as you noticed.

sworm09

and, I recently learned about the progressed chart and have been studying that. My progressed moon is in the 2H but I feel like i'm still acting 12H house moon-like.

I mean horrible is a pretty subjective term. Horrible for what?

What I see in your chart is someone who is very soft and may find themselves in a position of servitude because of their softness, with Venus ruing your Ascendant, exalted in the 6th in Pisces with Mercury and opposite Venus. Definitely more of a follower than a leader and people probably prey on that.

However there isn't anything necessarily wrong with that unless you feel some arbitrary pressure to be more assertive. Perhaps assertive enough so that other people won't take advantage of you, which is always beneficial. Tons of people thrive in a supportive role and I'm sure people find you very supportive and easy to be around. You would make a pretty good nurse or counselor in my opinion. Your natal is also pretty good for someone who works with animals.

Also your progressions won't fundamentally change your character. Progressions are only layered on top of what's already there.

Last edited: