Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 05-19-2019, 06:37 PM

Re: Questions about the natal moon and mercury

I have Mercury combust and also opposed to Moon.

I must be totally *******.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flapjacks For This Useful Post:
YonyGursho (05-19-2019)
Unread 05-19-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjacks View Post
I have Mercury combust and also opposed to Moon.

I must be totally *******.
Not necessarily. Depends on the rest of your moon and Mercury aspects. Can you name them?
Unread 05-19-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
I think you could pick up a child's head injury by looking at transits and progressions for a young child. This process would turn a simple natal chart reading into a far more involved process, however, if you looked at transits and progressions over a lifetime, even for a young person.

Also, while you might pick up a "blow to the head" for someone at, say, age 3; in a blind chart reading (vs. a post-hoc reading for a known person) you might have difficulty in saying how it affected the person.

Sometimes the difficulties in a chart reading are not in tracking planetary movements, but are in correctly intuiting how they affected the individual.

Medical astrology is not an exact science. I was just looking at a medical horary on another forum, and the querent indicated a lifetime of trouble with her current condition. Yet the indicators seemed to suggest that it was temporary. Possibly the chart timing was off, which is something else to consider in making highly fatalistic readings of what might be erroneous data.
The configuration of the natal chart demonstrates the effects of the transits/progressions, and in that way, the natal would still also describe the types of events that might be experienced, however they manifest.

Perhaps a conflict between Moon and Mercury shows up as a childhood head injury that results in a dissociative illness, only later to be successfully treated, where the conflict will show up again as a estrangement between parents/children, etc. Like you said, there lies the real difficulty of interpretation.

In terms of potential, being a creative genius or what have you could be just as likely as the head injury according to the natal.

Last edited by Flapjacks; 05-19-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Unread 05-19-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YonyGursho View Post
Not necessarily. Depends on the rest of your moon and Mercury aspects. Can you name them?
I was only joshing.

I've nauseated people enough on the this forum with my problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flapjacks For This Useful Post:
YonyGursho (05-20-2019)

Tags
mercury, moon, natal, questions