Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 04-15-2019, 03:10 AM

Revenge, getting even, and master at destroying someone's life.

I have been reading some history and it seems like Libra is one sign which is never given any credit for delivering revenge and punishment. Genghis Khan was one famous example that had a Libra Mars, where it is debilitated, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Libra is balancing the scale meaning that a wrong has to be righted but given the signs exaltation in Saturn, it also means that it will wait and have the discipline to go in for the kill.

Astrologers say Scorpio but in my opinion, the sign itself is more bark than bite and a lot of that stuff is written by modern astrologers, usually Scorpios, desperately wanting to be seen as strong. Most of the times I have found that this sign sabotages itself more than it does others, making itself look like an idiot in order to get revenge.

I think it makes sense because Mars is the ancient ruler of the sign and Mars is brash, not really that tactical, and acts on impulse. It is too emotional and doesn't think strategically.

The other signs? I'd say Venus ruled signs are actually the ones with the worst bad side. Mars is punch you in the face and tear apart your tires, Venus is ruin your reputation so bad that you cannot find a job and have to live in poverty due to the damage strategically being done.

It seems like Taurus and Libra are the signs that once angered, cannot be stopped.

So what aspects would make someone good at this?

I think Squares and oppositions for one.

Any bad aspect to Saturn or even Saturn aspects in general will give someone the strategic mind needed to do revenge right.

Unread 04-15-2019, 09:02 AM

Re: Revenge, getting even, and master at destroying someone's life.

Scorpio does not need to be defended by you, but your defense of Scorpio is crumbling because you are ignoring key wisdom in the practice of astrology. You are on a vendetta against some imagined slight against you personally, and you think you must malign the character of many other signs to extract your revenge. It has become a fanatical obsession.
Unread 04-15-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
I have been reading some history and it seems like Libra is one sign which is never given any credit for delivering revenge and punishment. Genghis Khan was one famous example that had a Libra Mars, where it is debilitated, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Libra is balancing the scale meaning that a wrong has to be righted but given the signs exaltation in Saturn, it also means that it will wait and have the discipline to go in for the kill.

Astrologers say Scorpio but in my opinion, the sign itself is more bark than bite and a lot of that stuff is written by modern astrologers, usually Scorpios, desperately wanting to be seen as strong. Most of the times I have found that this sign sabotages itself more than it does others, making itself look like an idiot in order to get revenge.

I think it makes sense because Mars is the ancient ruler of the sign and Mars is brash, not really that tactical, and acts on impulse. It is too emotional and doesn't think strategically.

The other signs? I'd say Venus ruled signs are actually the ones with the worst bad side. Mars is punch you in the face and tear apart your tires, Venus is ruin your reputation so bad that you cannot find a job and have to live in poverty due to the damage strategically being done.

It seems like Taurus and Libra are the signs that once angered, cannot be stopped.

Any bad aspect to Saturn or even Saturn aspects in general will give someone the strategic mind needed to do revenge right.
Generalisation is fun but unreliable

and keep in mind also that
and I quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary2 View Post

Scorpio does not need to be defended by you, but
your defense of Scorpio is crumbling
because you are ignoring key wisdom in the practice of astrology.
You are on a vendetta against some imagined slight against you personally, and
you think you must malign the character of many other signs
to extract your revenge.
It has become a fanatical obsession.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 04-15-2019, 10:37 AM

" written by modern astrologers, usually Scorpios, desperately wanting to be seen as strong"
Where are you getting these things?
You research the charts of astrology writers?
Unread 04-15-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:

I dated a libra who seeeeeemed like a nice soft spoken person. I did his chart and this person had nearly all their personal planets in scorpio, while their sun and mercury was in polished and charming Libra. This person had a side that I decided I didn't want to get to know better. Maybe Genghis Kahn is similar.
'I'd like to add they had some of these scorpio planets squared by another planet, I cant remeber. So their scorpio energy was afflicted.

Last edited by RisingSag; 04-15-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Unread 04-16-2019, 12:54 AM

Libra is sandwiched between Virgo and Scorpio, could be likely that a lot of Libras had a Scorpio Mars but with Genghis I did not notice it. I noticed that but Rockefeller and Genghis Khan had a debilitated Libra Mars which could make sense. They did not fight directly or fiercely like Mars domiciled signs would, they fought sneakily.
Unread 04-16-2019, 01:06 AM

There was a thread a while back that looked at political and military success and leadership. Libra was heavily represented in the natives that were brought to attention.

Djentleman
Unread 04-16-2019, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
There was a thread a while back that looked at political and military success and leadership. Libra was heavily represented in the natives that were brought to attention.
Could it have to do with the exaltation in Saturn?
The Following User Says Thank You to The19thLaw For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (04-16-2019)
Unread 04-16-2019, 06:29 AM

[QUOTE=The19thLaw;965224]Libra is sandwiched between Virgo and Scorpio, could be likely that a lot of Libras had a Scorpio Mars
Libra being sandwiched between virgo and scorpio means that mercury and Venus are probably in one of these three signs, but mars can be anywhere.
Unread 04-16-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:

There was a thread a while back
that looked at political and military success and leadership.
Libra was heavily represented
in the natives that were brought to attention.
I recall that thread
Tropical Scorpio Sun/Moon representation
outnumbered that of Tropical Libra
Cancer Sun example was GW Bush

quote:
The image of the Scales is masculine, diurnal, changeable, human,
truthful, economical, judicial, common, eloquent,
semi-fertile, handsome, sitting and of the east wind.
It indicates disputes, affairs, crafts, trade and changes.
Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Libra
are well-proportioned and graceful, notable, noble, supervisors, artisans,
encountering many vicissitudes because of the tipping of the Scales,
covetous, average, youthful, with fine face, fine figure, beautiful eyes,
poetical, thick lips, beautiful hair, white, merchants, judges, lawyers,
supervisors of crops, vineyards, olive groves, aromatics, homesteads,
measures, posts, crafts and grain supplies.

quote:
The image of the Scorpion is feminine, nocturnal, solid, terrestrial, creeping,

servile, silent, fertile, poisonous, unchangeable, fierce, thievish,
with many limbs, lying and of the west wind.
It indicates inquiries, deception, lawsuits, fights and mysticism.
Depending on the placement of the houseruler, men born under the influence of Scorpio
are disproportioned and awkward, tricky, turbulent, base, covetous, lying,
bitter because the Scorpion stings, competitive,
powerful, with short head, delicate voice, round light green eyes, sharp nose, lower lip bent,
coarse hair, dark, military commanders, generals, destroyers of property,
thieves, murderers, traitors, burglars and haters of their own families.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 04-16-2019, 09:28 AM

Every sign has the capacity........

I am Libra Sun, Scorpio Asc, debilitated Mars in Cancer(I have grown to admire it, I did not used to) that is square my sun 1 degree.......I am very patient, and very giving......but, if you cross me bad enough, most things don't bother me, but if you do get me to that point......you will regret it........
Unread 04-17-2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post

I am Libra Sun, Scorpio Asc, debilitated Mars in Cancer(I have grown to admire it, I did not used to) that is square my sun 1 degree.......I am very patient, and very giving......but, if you cross me bad enough, most things don't bother me, but if you do get me to that point......you will regret it........
Unless you listen to modern astrology, then Leos can never be angry lol.
Unread 04-17-2019, 02:35 AM

I have never been accused of being a traditionalist.....but.....Leo......never angry.......I have known two Leo Leo couples.....cat fight.....
Unread 04-17-2019, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post

Same here, I also have Cancer Mars and I'm just like you, many are surprised when they discover that my Mars is not in Aries or Scorpio

I do not understand how anyone can keep guarding anger and planning revenge, life is so short to get destroyed with it, I have strong Aries on the map with Asc, Sun and Merc (all on 1th house) making conjunction between them and my anger is like a match stick, but I also have Pluto 8th Scorpio and when someone hurts me I always respond in the same way or worse
Unread 04-18-2019, 05:56 AM

This comment is not personally about you, Oceans, but much of the idea of anger and revenge also depends on the emotional maturity of the individual, regardless of the difficult natal aspects. We are not really ships without a rudder in the midst of high seas, we have the possibility of choosing, improving, overcoming, through reason and individual will. Those who harbour bad feelings and anger, or look for revenge, are really doing a disservice first of all to themselves. So many astral configurations can stir anger within us, but we don't necessarily have to act on them. The idea of "when I get angered I really let it out" simply means losing control of ones self, it isn't a positive trait, and brings nothing positive in the long run to our souls, just a momentary satisfaction of striking out.
Unread 04-19-2019, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Could it have to do with the exaltation in Saturn?
I think there is a lot of things about the sign Libra that gives it an edge, an edge that I think is really underrated. Saturn's connection to Libra is certainly underestimated. Traditionally speaking, Libra was one of the "violent signs" due to being Saturn's exaltation. (all violent signs were either ruled by Mars or Saturn through domicile or exaltation). It's also a cardinal signs which makes it prone to action and leadership - cardinal signs are politically oriented. Add to that it is also a "human" sign which gears it toward the use of the intellect, as opposed to the more emotive, intuitional or instinctive signs of the zodiac.

When you add the fact that it is Venusian ruled, then you have the recipe of a sign that knows the art of social dynamics and getting what they want through skillful maneuvering in the social sphere, is intellect-based and motivated toward leadership. Saturn gives pragmatism, a long-term and strategic outlook and organizational ability to the sign. As well as it's more malefic tendencies which may not be so apparent because of the sign's primarily Venusian face.

Based on memory, I remember the thread showcased the charts of Margaret Thatcher, Vladimir Putin, Dwight Eisenhower, Adolf Hitler and the speculative of Genghis Khan as examples of well-known and undisputed political and military leaders. The Libra prominence might also have to do with a broader pattern of Saturnine dominance since in that thread there was a lot of Capricorn/Saturn emphasis, too.

Libra is not a straightforward sign and I don't think it should be underestimated.

Djentleman
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
Opal (04-19-2019), The19thLaw (04-23-2019)
Unread 04-19-2019, 06:08 AM

Also the Sun is debilitated in libra.......I do find strength in fall or debilitated sign.......
Unread 04-19-2019, 10:16 AM

I'm curious about your personal experience with Libra. Was you seriously hurt by a Libra? If I had to conclude using my personal experience alone, I would say Libra is one of the sweetest and most generous signs out there, just because my experience with Libra was all sunshine.

Granted, Libra is a sign frequently seen in politicians and is also capable of manipulation, but to say he was a violent individual just because he had Libra Mars is just too far-fetched. What about his Sun, Moon, Asc, Merc...? What about the house his Mars was in? What about the aspects? What about people who were born the same day as him but didn't become a vengeful dictator? Not to mention Khan's birth data isn't 100% accurate. What if it turns out that his birth date was different from the one we know currently and he didn't have Mars in Libra?

There is a reason why birth charts exist in the first place. Planets don't exist in a vacuum, they work together to form a complete personality. If it's that easy to isolate each planet to draw conclusion for someone's behavior, then we wouldn't even need a birth chart in the first place, just a list of days when which planet lands on which sign, like the "pop astrology" has been doing with the Sun sign.

When I'm not doing random chart reading, I do this
Unread 04-19-2019, 11:43 AM

Smile Re: Revenge, getting even, and master at destroying someone's life.

Quote:
I think there is a lot of things about the sign Libra that gives it an edge, an edge that I think is really underrated. Saturn's connection to Libra is certainly underestimated. Traditionally speaking, Libra was one of the "violent signs" due to being Saturn's exaltation. (all violent signs were either ruled by Mars or Saturn through domicile or exaltation). It's also a cardinal signs which makes it prone to action and leadership - cardinal signs are politically oriented. Add to that it is also a "human" sign which gears it toward the use of the intellect, as opposed to the more emotive, intuitional or instinctive signs of the zodiac.

When you add the fact that it is Venusian ruled, then you have the recipe of a sign that knows the art of social dynamics and getting what they want through skillful maneuvering in the social sphere, is intellect-based and motivated toward leadership. Saturn gives pragmatism, a long-term and strategic outlook and organizational ability to the sign. As well as it's more malefic tendencies which may not be so apparent because of the sign's primarily Venusian face.

Based on memory, I remember the thread showcased the charts of Margaret Thatcher, Vladimir Putin, Dwight Eisenhower, Adolf Hitler and the speculative of Genghis Khan as examples of well-known and undisputed political and military leaders. The Libra prominence might also have to do with a broader pattern of Saturnine dominance since in that thread there was a lot of Capricorn/Saturn emphasis, too.

Libra is not a straightforward sign and I don't think it should be underestimated.
For revenge potential, I'd go with Scorpio Asc. Ruthlessness and ambition could be a Venus/Saturn/Mars combination. But, taken by itself, I have Mars in by itself as "Emotionally Self-directed"--going your own way, on your own terms, but avoiding confrontation whenever possible.
Unread 04-19-2019, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini888 View Post
I'm curious about your personal experience with Libra. Was you seriously hurt by a Libra? If I had to conclude using my personal experience alone, I would say Libra is one of the sweetest and most generous signs out there, just because my experience with Libra was all sunshine.

Granted, Libra is a sign frequently seen in politicians and is also capable of manipulation, but to say he was a violent individual just because he had Libra Mars is just too far-fetched. What about his Sun, Moon, Asc, Merc...? What about the house his Mars was in? What about the aspects? What about people who were born the same day as him but didn't become a vengeful dictator? Not to mention Khan's birth data isn't 100% accurate. What if it turns out that his birth date was different from the one we know currently and he didn't have Mars in Libra?

There is a reason why birth charts exist in the first place. Planets don't exist in a vacuum, they work together to form a complete personality. If it's that easy to isolate each planet to draw conclusion for someone's behavior, then we wouldn't even need a birth chart in the first place, just a list of days when which planet lands on which sign, like the "pop astrology" has been doing with the Sun sign.
I am a Libra, and I know many Libra’s most of whom I am on excellent terms with.....my husband is a loving Libran.......but yes I do have an enemy, that is a Libra too.......
Unread 04-23-2019, 01:03 AM

Quote:

A lot of this ties into the works of Robert Greene, especially 33 Strategies Of War. The Ancient Athenians looked to Athena as a true god compared to Ares, we can think of the two as Venus vs Mars respectively. Ares was masculinity, raw and pure, but also instinctual and ruled through fear and intimidation. Ares is Mars, fight for the battle.

Athena can be seen as Venus, thinking of the long-term picture in mind, thinking 10 moves ahead and fighting the war instead of the battle. In other words, the Scorpio or Aries might win the battle but the Taurus and Libra will always win the war. Now I will note that Mars is not even at its strongest peak in either Aries or Scorpio, it is in its height power in Capricorn which is a Saturn ruled sign.

It is amazing once you go through a war in life or compete in a sport how much long-term thinking helps compared to the short-term mindset. It is no mystery to me that the very sign exalted in Saturn and ruled by Venus is so powerful yet it understands the true rule of power, to hide it instead of showcasing it.

Similarly, I think signs like Gemini, Leo, and Virgo are good at this power-game. Compare that to an Aries or Scorpio who will always fall on their own sword.
Unread 04-23-2019, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
For revenge potential, I'd go with Scorpio Asc. Ruthlessness and ambition could be a Venus/Saturn/Mars combination. But, taken by itself, I have Mars in by itself as "Emotionally Self-directed"--going your own way, on your own terms, but avoiding confrontation whenever possible.
I'd disagree with anything Scorpio, the sign is all bark and no bite, it lacks the strategic mindset needed to win a war.
Unread 04-23-2019, 01:20 AM

Quote:
A lot of this ties into the works of Robert Greene, especially 33 Strategies Of War. The Ancient Athenians looked to Athena as a true god compared to Ares, we can think of the two as Venus vs Mars respectively. Ares was masculinity, raw and pure, but also instinctual and ruled through fear and intimidation. Ares is Mars, fight for the battle.

Athena can be seen as Venus, thinking of the long-term picture in mind, thinking 10 moves ahead and fighting the war instead of the battle. In other words, the Scorpio or Aries might win the battle but the Taurus and Libra will always win the war. Now I will note that Mars is not even at its strongest peak in either Aries or Scorpio, it is in its height power in Capricorn which is a Saturn ruled sign.

It is amazing once you go through a war in life or compete in a sport how much long-term thinking helps compared to the short-term mindset. It is no mystery to me that the very sign exalted in Saturn and ruled by Venus is so powerful yet it understands the true rule of power, to hide it instead of showcasing it.

Similarly, I think signs like Gemini, Leo, and Virgo are good at this power-game. Compare that to an Aries or Scorpio who will always fall on their own sword.
Athena is Virgo. Her major attribute was her virginity. The Parthenon, built in her honor, literally means "Virgin". She was also the goddess of victory in war, and the goddess of wisdom. Mars in Virgo is a very effective placement for strategic warfare.
Unread 04-23-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:

Be careful of bolstering your case with what the Athenians thought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peloponnesian_War

Quote:
In the first phase, the Archidamian War, Sparta launched repeated invasions of Attica, while Athens took advantage of its naval supremacy to raid the coast of the Peloponnese and attempt to suppress signs of unrest in its empire. This period of the war was concluded in 421 BC, with the signing of the Peace of Nicias. That treaty, however, was soon undermined by renewed fighting in the Peloponnese. In 415 BC, Athens dispatched a massive expeditionary force to attack Syracuse, Sicily; the attack failed disastrously, with the destruction of the entire force in 413 BC. This ushered in the final phase of the war, generally referred to either as the Decelean War, or the Ionian War. In this phase, Sparta, now receiving support from the Achaemenid Empire, supported rebellions in Athens's subject states in the Aegean Sea and Ionia, undermining Athens's empire, and, eventually, depriving the city of naval supremacy. The destruction of Athens's fleet in the Battle of Aegospotami effectively ended the war, and Athens surrendered in the following year. Corinth and Thebes demanded that Athens should be destroyed and all its citizens should be enslaved, but Sparta refused.
The Spartans were the winners of this war, and they were a traditionally Martial society with Saturnine overtones.

Quote:
A Spartan baby had to be hardy and healthy. To test a baby's strength, parents would leave their child on a mountain overnight to see if it could survive on its own until the next morning. By age seven, Spartan boys were taken from their families and underwent severe military training. They wore uniforms at all times, ate small meals of bland foods, exercised barefoot to toughen their feet, and were punished severely for disobedient behavior. Boys lived away from their families in barracks until the age of 30, even after they were married. Men were expected to be ready to serve in the army until they were 60 years old.
The Spartans were the followers of Ares, which comes as no surprise to anyone who knows about their civilization.

Venusian force is certainly painted in a one-dimensional light, but I think Mars gets the same treatment since it is often seen as mostly blind and bone-headed.

However, I think it's where both of them share a sign with Saturn where we can see the power of these energies when applied with the discipline of Saturnine energy.

You might enjoy Julius Evola's "Metaphysics of War"

Djentleman

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 04-23-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Unread 04-23-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Be careful of bolstering your case with what the Athenians thought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peloponnesian_War

The Spartans were the winners of this war, and they were a traditionally Martial society with Saturnine overtones.

The Spartans were the followers of Ares, which comes as no surprise to anyone who knows about their civilization.

Venusian force is certainly painted in a one-dimensional light, but I think Mars gets the same treatment since it is often seen as mostly blind and bone-headed.

However, I think it's where both of them share a sign with Capricorn where we can see the power of these energies when applied with the discipline of Saturnine energy.

You might enjoy Julius Evola's "Metaphysics of War"
The Athenians weren't true to their own city-state goddess. Whenever they violated her defensive, not offensive, precepts, they met with disaster.

Tags
destroying, life, master, revenge