Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 04-21-2019, 09:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lion o ness
Re: Understanding Leos and Leo energy.

Snuffy was speaking more about pluto in leo from my understanding. The vengful stuff was about taurus.

Unread 04-22-2019, 01:33 AM

Elena,

I am often perceived by other people--especially people born with Pluto in Leo--as extremely intense and transformative. I have been accused of holding grudges, but I don't act on them and have never behaved vengefully. But I find that people born considerably after I was don't see me that way--just people whose Plutos are in Leo. Younger people have always been very attracted to me. My life partner is 18 years younger and we have been together for decades. His Pluto being well into Virgo, doesn't get triggered by my Leo sun the way so many Boomers' Plutos do.

So I do think some of the bad rap Leos get comes from experiences with Boomer Leos which has colored a lot of writing about them during the period when Boomers were in the cultural ascendancy.

With Pluto somewhere else in the chart I'd expect Leos to be childlike, playful, and self-obsessed in the way kids are, without that tinge of "and they drive me crazy" you often hear when people describe Leos they know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffy For This Useful Post:
katydid (04-22-2019)
Unread 04-22-2019, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
Elena,

I am often perceived by other people--especially people born with Pluto in Leo--as extremely intense and transformative. I have been accused of holding grudges, but I don't act on them and have never behaved vengefully. But I find that people born considerably after I was don't see me that way--just people whose Plutos are in Leo. Younger people have always been very attracted to me. My life partner is 18 years younger and we have been together for decades. His Pluto being well into Virgo, doesn't get triggered by my Leo sun the way so many Boomers' Plutos do.

So I do think some of the bad rap Leos get comes from experiences with Boomer Leos which has colored a lot of writing about them during the period when Boomers were in the cultural ascendancy.

With Pluto somewhere else in the chart I'd expect Leos to be childlike, playful, and self-obsessed in the way kids are, without that tinge of "and they drive me crazy" you often hear when people describe Leos they know.
I think there is something to that theory.

Leos that were born in the Baby Boomer era often have Sun conjunct Pluto in Leo. And so their Leo like solar qualities are tinged with that Plutonian intensity and obsessiveness that just pure Leo does not always have.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
david starling (04-22-2019), waybread (04-26-2019)
Unread 04-23-2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
I think there is something to that theory.

Leos that were born in the Baby Boomer era often have Sun conjunct Pluto in Leo. And so their Leo like solar qualities are tinged with that Plutonian intensity and obsessiveness that just pure Leo does not always have.
Leos are by far the most intense there is.
Unread 04-25-2019, 11:33 AM

I must admit I've despised Leo's since around the age of 17. Well, as a child there was one girl in dance class who needed so much attention all the time that most ppl were sick of her. But that didn't bother me. It was when I was 19 and I loved this gemini guy who was in love with a leo gal. I met many of the same around that time for a few yrs lol. Like was there something in the water? Just kidding. Lots of guys I fell for at the time were Geminis and they were smitten over their leo girlfriends. But as time went by I realised those guys were cowards and I wasn't into dominating women (which I found Leo women to be). As for Leo men - again, lots of attention seeking behaviour yet not much to show for. I get bored of them quickly.
Unread 04-26-2019, 02:59 AM

C'mon, people!

Each sign has positive and negative qualities. You cannot just go by sun-sign. Whether a sun-Leo mostly exhibits the sign's positive or negative traits depends upon how the sun is aspected, and what else is going on in the chart.

People with a Leo sun conjunct Pluto (boomers) can be extremely powerful-- or at least perceived as powerful by others. But consider a younger person with a Pluto in Scorpio square sun. They're liable to have a lot more insecurities because a hard aspect to the sun typically plays havoc with one's identity.

We've just visited a dear friend, a woman in her late 70s, with sun conjunct Pluto. She is just a power house of strength-- which she uses wisely through her many civic responsibilities. She's been appointed to several boards in her county and community; and is still working in her life-saving job at her community hospital.

It just pains me when people revert to pop-schlock sun-sign astrology; usually in a negative way.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (04-26-2019), Osamenor (04-27-2019), Snuffy (04-26-2019)
Unread 04-26-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post

We've just visited a dear friend, a woman in her late 70s, with sun conjunct Pluto. She is just a power house of strength-- which she uses wisely through her many civic responsibilities. She's been appointed to several boards in her county and community; and is still working in her life-saving job at her community hospital.

It just pains me when people revert to pop-schlock sun-sign astrology; usually in a negative way.
I've got sun conjunct Pluto in libra 12th. Am I a powerhouse of strength? No, I'm powerful when I'm the victim or when I'm creative.

I can honestly say that with every single leo I have met I have not liked any of their qualities. The attention seeking behaviour that they ALL have is enough to make me vomit. And the fact they get upset if they don't get that attention leaves me feeling the same. So in fact I can stereotype.
Unread 04-26-2019, 09:11 AM

Obviously, you're excluding me with my Leo ascendent !!
Unread 04-26-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Obviously, you're excluding me with my Leo ascendent !!
Yes I am excluding asc. I'm only talking about Leo suns. I absolutely love leo ascendant ppl. My mum is one and she rocks!!
Unread 04-26-2019, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post

I can honestly say that with every single leo I have met I have not liked any of their qualities. The attention seeking behaviour that they ALL have is enough to make me vomit. And the fact they get upset if they don't get that attention leaves me feeling the same. So in fact I can stereotype.
That you feel such strong emotion when exposed to that particular energy suggests to me that their freedom to behave the way they do strikes a wounded place in your psyche. Is it that you rigidly forbid yourself to ask for what YOU need and hence resent seeing people who are able to do that? Is it that you have suppressed the childlike uninhibited side of your nature that isn't afraid to show emotion when unhappy and thus feel the need to suppress that kind of display in others?

You will grow much faster into the most powerful person you can be when you begin to realize that what you respond to the most negatively in others is often something you can't deal with in yourself.
Unread 04-27-2019, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
That you feel such strong emotion when exposed to that particular energy suggests to me that their freedom to behave the way they do strikes a wounded place in your psyche. Is it that you rigidly forbid yourself to ask for what YOU need and hence resent seeing people who are able to do that? Is it that you have suppressed the childlike uninhibited side of your nature that isn't afraid to show emotion when unhappy and thus feel the need to suppress that kind of display in others?

You will grow much faster into the most powerful person you can be when you begin to realize that what you respond to the most negatively in others is often something you can't deal with in yourself.
No nothing like that. I'm a loving caretaker of my family. I don't need to be in the spotlight so when I see ppl so desperate for the spotlight/attention all day everyday, I really don't see why one needs it because I don't need it myself.

Like eg: my husband has two Leo friends. One leo friend arranged a birthday dinner. The other leo, who was sick with bronchitis and sinus infection decided to make his birthday on the same night, just to get his friends to choose who they liked more. Then he did the same for his engagement and wedding. Did he 'need' to? No. This is typical Leo energy I deal with and me disliking it is purely because I'm not sad enough to do that. It's not necessarily that I'm missing Leo traits. But more that I feel more strength in subtlety and working behind the scenes. I used to be in the spotlight a lot, but I never found satisfaction in it. So it's a difference in what I like rather than what I lack.
Unread 04-27-2019, 03:00 AM

Thats so not leo traits . That more vindictive, not attention seeking. which is not a leo trait. Or maybe that one special person could only make it that night, especially being sick, really who wants to have attend a party when they are sick. Seems like something else is at play, that u are not aware of.

Maybe these 2 have jealousy synastry or competition. Idk but to say someone did something just because of their sun sign, thats just utterly ridiculous.

Leo attention is not throwing a party and having the most people there.

This is what bothers me Most about peoples stereo type a leo. No matter ‘what’ a leo does is for attention. Thats just not how the leo energy works.

Yes leo likes attention, but it more personal and MUST be genuine. Ur leo friend did that for what ever other reason, not because hes a leo.

Seeking out attention is not the way leo wants attention. Leo wants attention just as any other human does, flattery, acceptance, true friendship, a shoulder to lean on. The big difference from a leo to maybe other signs is leos thrive on it on a more personal level.

Remember we all have leo somewhere in our chart, even if we dont have any leo planets.

Last edited by Lion o ness; 04-27-2019 at 03:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lion o ness For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (04-27-2019)
Unread 04-27-2019, 03:07 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:

Like eg: my husband has two Leo friends. One leo friend arranged a birthday dinner. The other leo, who was sick with bronchitis and sinus infection decided to make his birthday on the same night, just to get his friends to choose who they liked more.
If they're both Leos, they have birthdays close together. Did the other Leo friend have the same birthday? Or a birthday within a few days of the other's? Was it the closest weekend to both their birthdays?

Did he say he was trying to get his friends to choose who they liked more?

If he didn't say that, it's you who's reading it into the situation. Same with the wedding and engagement. Getting married involves two people, plus two sets of family and friends. There's no way it was all about Mr. Leo. Maybe the date was the one that worked for his fiancee, or for some of her family (or his family). People get accused of choosing wedding dates just for spite all the time, whether they're Leos or not, and it's rarely if ever true. Planning a wedding is too complicated to just choose a date for spite.
Unread 04-27-2019, 03:17 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
People with a Leo sun conjunct Pluto (boomers) can be extremely powerful-- or at least perceived as powerful by others. But consider a younger person with a Pluto in Scorpio square sun. They're liable to have a lot more insecurities because a hard aspect to the sun typically plays havoc with one's identity.
Hmmm... maybe these "modern astrologers" the OP references are solar Leos from the Pluto in Scorpio generation (or, I suppose, any sign from the Pluto in Scorpio generation). For that matter, maybe the OP him/herself is.

Last edited by Osamenor; 04-27-2019 at 03:26 AM.
Unread 04-27-2019, 03:25 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion o ness View Post
Im guessing my leo is altered by being in H6. Does it sound more like a virgo?
Sounds to me like a Saturnian rising sign. A sixth house Leo would have, most likely, either Pisces or Aquarius rising. While I could be wrong, my first guess is that you're Aquarius rising. (I have a friend who is a sixth house solar Leo with Aquarius rising, and I think much of what you're talking about, with how you present, could describe her, too.)
Unread 04-27-2019, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Sounds to me like a Saturnian rising sign. A sixth house Leo would have, most likely, either Pisces or Aquarius rising. While I could be wrong, my first guess is that you're Aquarius rising. (I have a friend who is a sixth house solar Leo with Aquarius rising, and I think much of what you're talking about, with how you present, could describe her, too.)
Pisces. Lol 😂
Unread 04-27-2019, 03:35 AM

Quote:
If they're both Leos, they have birthdays close together. Did the other Leo friend have the same birthday? Or a birthday within a few days of the other's? Was it the closest weekend to both their birthdays?

Did he say he was trying to get his friends to choose who they liked more?

If he didn't say that, it's you who's reading it into the situation. Same with the wedding and engagement. Getting married involves two people, plus two sets of family and friends. There's no way it was all about Mr. Leo. Maybe the date was the one that worked for his fiancee, or for some of her family (or his family). People get accused of choosing wedding dates just for spite all the time, whether they're Leos or not, and it's rarely if ever true. Planning a wedding is too complicated to just choose a date for spite.
Lol I'm afraid this is how petty these Leo's are. We all as a group of friends and family know them well and joke about it. However one of the Leo's is now divorced and hiding in his shell, no longer competing.
Unread 04-27-2019, 03:37 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Okay, I guessed wrong.

Aquarius would be a rising sign that gives more distance, I think. Pisces might be an introverted or extroverted sign. If you have Pisces rising and many planets below the horizon, and a sixth house sun, too, I would be expecting you to be more on the quiet side.

The sixth house is Virgo-like in that they both deal with service, skill, and sometimes detail. If you're a sixth house Leo with Pisces rising, I would expect to see a very creative bent in you. Maybe some dedication to developing a creative skill.
Unread 04-27-2019, 03:41 AM

Yes thats very accurate
4 planets in h6.
Im introverted. I dont like crowds, i really dislike concerts. I cant take it. One thing friends never understand.

Im routine also. I rarely go outside my routine.

I like doing creative DIY projects. However i suck at it, but at least i keep trying 🤭
Unread 04-27-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Thats so not leo traits . That more vindictive, not attention seeking. which is not a leo trait. Or maybe that one special person could only make it that night, especially being sick, really who wants to have attend a party when they are sick. Seems like something else is at play, that u are not aware of.

Maybe these 2 have jealousy synastry or competition. Idk but to say someone did something just because of their sun sign, thats just utterly ridiculous.

Leo attention is not throwing a party and having the most people there.

This is what bothers me Most about peoples stereo type a leo. No matter ‘what’ a leo does is for attention. Thats just not how the leo energy works.

Yes leo likes attention, but it more personal and MUST be genuine. Ur leo friend did that for what ever other reason, not because hes a leo.

Seeking out attention is not the way leo wants attention. Leo wants attention just as any other human does, flattery, acceptance, true friendship, a shoulder to lean on. The big difference from a leo to maybe other signs is leos thrive on it on a more personal level.

Remember we all have leo somewhere in our chart, even if we dont have any leo planets.
I'd have to disagree. Gosh if I reflect back to any leo I've known I see this same kind of petty behaviour. They require far more adoration for doing the same amount of work or talent as the person next to them.

As for my chart, Leo is on my 10th cusp. So my mother, motherhood and public image is important. If I crave attention at all, it's through recognition of having children.
Unread 04-27-2019, 03:49 AM

Quote:
I'd have to disagree. Gosh if I reflect back to any leo I've known I see this same kind of petty behaviour. They require far more adoration for doing the same amount of work or talent as the person next to them.

As for my chart, Leo is on my 10th cusp. So my mother, motherhood and public image is important. If I crave attention at all, it's through recognition of having children.
Hey if u want to continue thinking people do things just because of their sun sign be my guest. This convo isn't really worth the time or effort.
Unread 04-27-2019, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Hey if u want to continue thinking people do things just because of their sun sign be my guest. This convo isn't really worth the time or effort.
I'm sorry if it offends you. I can see if you have a lot of planets in 6th house then you have a lot of virgo in you which changes things. But I can't change my experiences. And it's not just me who can see it so it's not imagined. My husband and parents have seen it as I was experiencing it as well. Maybe there's something in my chart? Who knows. But Leo's drain my energy
Unread 04-27-2019, 04:36 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
I'm sorry if it offends you. I can see if you have a lot of planets in 6th house then you have a lot of virgo in you which changes things. But I can't change my experiences. And it's not just me who can see it so it's not imagined. My husband and parents have seen it as I was experiencing it as well. Maybe there's something in my chart? Who knows. But Leo's drain my energy
Then I guess I drain your energy, too. Sorry about that. Can't help being born in the middle of August!
Unread 04-27-2019, 04:39 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:

I like doing creative DIY projects. However i suck at it, but at least i keep trying 🤭
The important thing is the self development you get out of it. Leo is all about self development, to the fullest. That can result in an arrogant, stereotypical Leo, if the chart has plenty of other factors pointing in that direction. But more often, Leos are like kitty cats: shy ones, not the ones who demand pets from everyone they meet. Personal development happens in a more personal way.

My take is, the sign the sun is in modifies the personal growth message, and the house modifies it further. But Leo, being the home of the sun, has the same message as the sun. There's no modifier, it's just amplified. So, for a Leo sun, what you need for personal growth is modified by which house your sun is in, more than any other sun sign.
Unread 04-27-2019, 04:54 AM

Quote:
The important thing is the self development you get out of it. Leo is all about self development, to the fullest. That can result in an arrogant, stereotypical Leo, if the chart has plenty of other factors pointing in that direction. But more often, Leos are like kitty cats: shy ones, not the ones who demand pets from everyone they meet. Personal development happens in a more personal way.

My take is, the sign the sun is in modifies the personal growth message, and the house modifies it further. But Leo, being the home of the sun, has the same message as the sun. There's no modifier, it's just amplified. So, for a Leo sun, what you need for personal growth is modified by which house your sun is in, more than any other sun sign.
Yeah i agree, my sun/moon/mercury are all conjunct
All 3 sextile gem saturn and libra uranus .

Im stable and secure yet i have a flaky side.
Its my venus sq pluto thats kicks
My butt!

Im comfortable in my own skin, and I'm confident.
My ego/mind/ emotions are all in line with each other.

Tags
energy, leos, understanding