How to find generational/karmic influences in your family?

noideaaboutastro

R4ven's thread got me thinking about how to find these influences in your family. I'm sorry I couldn't contribute anything to the thread as I honestly still don't have much of a clue.

I am posting up my mother's, mine and my son's chart to see if anybody can help me out here. Unfortunately those are the only three that I have an exact time for.

Insofar, all I can notice is that both my son and I have stelliums in opposition to each other - maybe we are a bit of a rebel family, I dunno. If anybody has some extra clues, that would be awesome!

It would be interesting to know my grandmother's birth time but sadly nobody really cared back in the day. I feel a strong connection with her, including karmic. For instance, she went through the famine of '46 as an 8-year-old child and I feel like I can relate to that scarcity of food. My mum also used to be very food conscious in her childhood without even knowing why. Funnily enough, both my grandmother and I are both Geminis, she according to my calculations is a Sag moon while I'm a Virgo moon. Both mum and my son are Sun Cancer Moon Aquarius. I don't know but I find that fascinating.

Attachments

• natal chart mymother.gif
    natal chart mymother.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 27
  • natal chart.gif
    natal chart.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 24
  • natal chart boy.jpg
    natal chart boy.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
strong Mars in family, to NIAA

NIAA,

You asked:
R4ven's thread got me thinking about how to find these influences in your family. I'm sorry I couldn't contribute anything to the thread as I honestly still don't have much of a clue.

You all have a strong :mars: : :mars: on one of the four points and :mars: in the sign of its rulership. This indicates strong action/anger issues in the family.

Martially,

Tim

J.Lily

I agree with that Mars as well it is promenent. I think its so interesting to find links between family members, did you read Erin Sullivans book- The Astrology of Family Dynamics or also The Astrology of fate by Liz Greene? I also found that Dwads are a great way to find those links. I did a reasearch thing on this and it was sure complex- but then I narrowed it down by finding a strong planet or 2, or some strong repetitive aspects. I was just amazed at the dwad connections. Plus even if you don't have an exact time you still can find alot of links usually-just look at the aspects or put one chart that doesn't have a time outside & around one that does to see where some conjunctions fall.
To make it easier you can just stick to sun signs, comparing Modes, Elements, predominance of even Masculine or Feminine- yin and Yang ...yeah you can spend alot of time on this but its fun.

Julie

Lin

You can do a noon chart for the day your grandmother was born and it will be pretty accurate. Except for the moon, which may be a few degrees off, the position of the planets, and their positions in comparison to yours will be accurate.
LIN

noideaaboutastro

Does nobody else think that the opposition stellium in both mine and my son's chart is interesting?

What about that both my son and mother are SunCancer/MoonAquarius (they are both crazy and half the time I don't get what they're so emotional about. Geez people!)? Actually, I remember when I was growing up I said, I will never have a Cancer baby because I couldn't get on with mum. But, this guy came along, and he's not only a Cancer, he also has the same Moon and Mercury. Woops:whistling:!

You can do a noon chart for the day your grandmother was born and it will be pretty accurate. Except for the moon, which may be a few degrees off, the position of the planets, and their positions in comparison to yours will be accurate.
LIN

Thanks Lin, I did do up her noon chart but I'm a bit hesitant to bring her into the equation just yet. I've decided three charts is probably enough to work with.

I agree with that Mars as well it is promenent. I think its so interesting to find links between family members, did you read Erin Sullivans book- The Astrology of Family Dynamics or also The Astrology of fate by Liz Greene? I also found that Dwads are a great way to find those links. I did a reasearch thing on this and it was sure complex- but then I narrowed it down by finding a strong planet or 2, or some strong repetitive aspects. I was just amazed at the dwad connections. Plus even if you don't have an exact time you still can find alot of links usually-just look at the aspects or put one chart that doesn't have a time outside & around one that does to see where some conjunctions fall.
To make it easier you can just stick to sun signs, comparing Modes, Elements, predominance of even Masculine or Feminine- yin and Yang ...yeah you can spend alot of time on this but its fun.

Julie

I haven't read any books yet so I'm not sure what to look out for.

NIAA,

You asked:

You all have a strong :mars: : :mars: on one of the four points and :mars: in the sign of its rulership. This indicates strong action/anger issues in the family.

Martially,

Tim

Hmm thanks Tim but I'm not sure I follow you. Only my son has Mars in Aries, whilst I have Mars in the cruddiest sign Pisces (I don't think Mars is Pisces partically makes me very good at action/winning fights), and Mum has Mars in Gemini - not particularly a Mars-related sign either. So I am wondering where you are coming from???