USA: The Upcoming Venus Sun Conjunction Jan. 9, 2018

piercethevale

The I.C. obtained from the chart for the next Full Moon on Jan. 16th is at 18* Gemini 15' 26" ...which just so happens to be the same Sign and degree as that of Mars in the chart I contend, and am personally convinced of, is that of Yeshu'a/Jesus of Nazareth and it is also the location of that charts Part of War/Rage and the Part of Ideal Love... (do you get it? His way/idea/means of waging war was [is] through action, a most sufficiently applied action [Mars conj.], which was [is] one and the same as his concept of what ideal love is?)

This symbolizes the precept that is the "HOW" of this next Full Moons' chart axis and it is of the "Actional" Level as Dane identified it. It is that which as a people we must actively pursue in the world at that time.
From Rudhyar's book...
(ibid.)

"GEMINI 19°: A LARGE ARCHAIC VOLUME REVEALS A TRADITIONAL WISDOM.
KEYNOTE: Contacting the all-human planetary Mind underlying any cultural and personal mentality.

Occult tradition tells us that all cyclic manifestations of the human mind have had a primordial revelatory Source. It speaks of ancient books made of especially treated papyrus leaves and conveying through symbols the archetypal processes at the root of all earthly existence (see Blavatsky's Secret Doctrine). Such volumes, said to remain in the possession of certain Adepts, constitute the 'exteriorization' of archetypal knowledge and wisdom. They contain the "seed-ideas" from which the human mind grows, cyclically producing cultures of various types.

This fourth stage symbol evokes for us the 'technique' by means of which the human mind can uncover the foundations of its nature and acquire what might be called SEED-KNOWLEDGE, the knowledge of the structure of cyclic and cosmic manifestations of life on this planet."

The M.C. of the chart answers the question as to 'WHY" of the three foregoing symbols... "Why" as to "How" the means employed symbolized by the Sabian fond for the I.C. need to be so performed as to achieve the transformation indicated by the Asc., WHO", to that of the Desc. "WHERE-TO".

(ibid.)

"SAGITTARIUS 19°: PELICANS MENACED BY THE BEHAVIOR AND REFUSE OF MEN SEEK SAFER AREAS FOR BRINGING UP THEIR YOUNG.
KEYNOTE:
The need for people concerned with the future to discover a new way of living and more wholesome surroundings.

The evident reason for using 'pelicans' at this stage of the cyclic process is that tradition tells us that these birds are so concerned with their young that they give their own blood and flesh to feed their progeny. Whether this is fact or symbol, the meaning of this picture refers to a situation that lately has acquired great urgency. Our technological society is polluting not only our global environment, but the mind and feeling-responses of new generations as well. The search for a new way of life is seen by many people to be imperative.

In this fourth symbol of the fifty-second sequence we are told that the race's SURVIVAL has become a matter of extreme importance. Whole animal species may be destroyed by our civilization; mankind itself is in danger. Going to distant planets is hardly the answer. A generation may have to sacrifice itself for the sake of its descendants."

..and so it is...once again we are confronted by imagery pleading for the welfare of our children, the next generation, our progeny, our legacy...

We have gotten quite a bit of that these last so many years...

Isn't about time that we, as a people together, stood up to our gov't, our corporate leaders, and all other such molders and leaders of society and this nation, and have our concerns addressed and not with rhetoric, either... but with words spoken with true sincerity derived from ears that truly listen... and with solutions... not temporary fixes or promises to "get around to it in the future".... ?

piercethevale

The following is partially erroneous. Please see post # 49 for the explanation.
Apologetically, ptv

Check this out.

As I cast the upcoming New Moon and Full moon charts only early this morning and had already convinced my self that it would be a Full Moon to release an aspects potential that I gave the New Moon chart for Jan. 16th, but a cursory glance...figuring that I could study it later than sooner...
I should have given it equal consideration now that I spent a bit more time looing at it.

The Asc for the event is at 18* Virgo 29' 37", the M.C. is at 16* Gemini 44' 33'...

The Sun and Moon will b e at 28* Capricorn 54' 29" and the Part of Fortune is, of course, exactly conj. with the Asc. of the chart.
But get this...
Venus will be at 28* Capricorn 46' 19" and thus this chart produces for its Part of Love, and Part of Mother, Part of Daughters, and Part of Tranquility* of placement in the same degree as the charts' Part of Fortune and Part of Soul and Asc
. :biggrin:

The Asc., "WHO" we are as one in society faced with what the stars have decreed, and as to all the areas of life all the aforementioned Parts, in the 19th degree of Virgo, are said to be under the influence of the Divine precept symbolized as:
(ibid.)

"VIRGO 19°: A SWIMMING RACE.
KEYNOTE: The stimulation that comes from a group effort toward a spiritual goal.

When man has become an expert swimmer he has symbolically learned how to operate in a new element. This element, water, represents the ever-flowing stream of psychic energy, and, in a sense at least, the 'astral' world. In a still deeper sense man is now able, mystically speaking, to cross the river and reach 'the other shore' — or to swim back toward the source. Whether or not the symbol should suggest the competitive spirit at work is questionable. At the biological level a host of spermatozoa are swimming toward the ovum, and each presses on toward the goal, the act of impregnation. A seeker after spiritual rebirth actually does not strive alone. It is Man who, acting through the most advanced individuals of the race, is taking a step toward 'rebirth', or toward a new mutation. The personal ego-centered ambition to succeed and to be 'first' is indeed a sign of expectable spiritual failure.
At this fourth stage we are confronted with a problem of interpretation. Is not ambition a subtle form of deviation under the pressure of ancient karma, and the competitive spirit so valued by our civilization a sign of failure to understand the deeper reality of existence? What is needed is
EMULATION, not competition."

...which brings us to the 19th of Pisces as the Desc., the "WHERE-TO" of this chart ...and ...If I may remind again, which happens to be the same as the degree for the Part of Fortune derived from the chart I contend and and convinced is that of Yeshu'a/Jesus of Naz.
(ibid.)

"PISCES 19°: A MASTER INSTRUCTING HIS DISCIPLE.
KEYNOTE: The transfer of power and knowledge which keeps the original spiritual and creative Impulse of the cycle active and undeviated.

The Hindu ideal of the sacred relationship between guru and chela (disciple) has of late become familiar to a vast number of young and not-so-young people. The doctrine of 'the Apostolic succession' in the Roman Catholic Church has a similar significance. The Power and archetypal knowledge released 'in the beginning' of any cycle (or at 'Creation') must be perpetuated until the very Last Day — the Omega state of which Teilhard de Chardin glowingly speaks. This Power is the "self" of the cyclic manifestation, the unchanging Tone (AUM) of all existences within this cycle. It can be transmitted from master to disciple at the latter's 'Initiation'. It must be so transmitted for when the line of transmission (in Sanskrit, guruampara) is discontinued, the cyclic process begins to collapse in futility and spiritual darkness.
This fourth stage symbol gives us a clue to the supreme technique necessary for the continuation of all manifestations of power and spiritual understanding. The transmission is from person to person; it follows a general, unchanging pattern, yet it operates in terms of particular and individual circumstances. Keyword: INVESTITURE."

I'll follow up with a report on the last two symbols for the chart axis asap...
thank you for your patience.
ptv

*(aka Part of Boredom aka Part of Disinterest... {haters gonna be haters, no matter what, huh?}) as I prefer to call said Part now.... i.e "Tranquility", and I will add that to the list of Parts in the Parts forum thread dedicated to it as a suggested alternative. ...ptv

Last edited:

piercethevale

The I.C. of the New Moon chart of Jan 16th is at 16* Sagittarius 44' 33', that is to say the 17th degree of Sag. and it is the "HOW" of the chart, for us as a society to achieve that transition given above as from Virgo 19* to Pisces 19*

...wow, what a dusey...!

"SAGITTARIUS 17°: AN EASTER SUNRISE SERVICE DRAWS A LARGE CROWD.
KEYNOTE: The culturally stimulated longing for group participation in a process of rebirth.

Since the very early days of man's evolution, religions and cults of various types have used the most significant periods in the year's cycle to dramatize the deepest longings of human nature, thus giving them direction, meaning, and through group action, a greater dynamic intensity. Easter is the Christian way of celebrating the coming of spring and the rebirth of life on this earth after the hardships of winter.

At this second stage of the five-fold sequence we see, in contrast to the first, man discovering in nature's cycles great movements that stimulate his spiritual quest for the psychic and mental equivalent of solar light and warmth. The obvious Keyword here is REBIRTH. "

...wow...:cool:

The M.C. in the 17th of Gemini amounts to answering "WHY"...
(I know it all too well as it is the cusp of my 8th house and symbolizes exactly the approach and manner I had to undertake and employ to defeat certain, "hexes" that were targeted at me by a person well versed in that sort of craft. I was able to turn it around with the help of an adept that likes to walk that "razors edge" and having spent his life doing so He was most knowledgeable and a timely acquaintance to have been made and as his natal Mercury is in the same degree as my 8th House cusp... need I say more? I will say this though. Through the talks we had I came to the realization that everything in the cosmos, every action has a counter-action that will nullify it. But I digress...)

"GEMINI 17°: THE HEAD OF A ROBUST YOUTH CHANGES INTO THAT OF A MATURE THINKER.
KEYNOTE: The transformation of physical vitality into the power to build concepts and intellectual formulations through which knowledge can be transferred.

While in the preceding symbol we see the explosive release of impulses generated by a new realization of what is right and wrong - the 'woman' way controlled by feelings - now we have a picture of a process of quiet and steady metamorphosis of biological energy into mind-power, which can be seen symbolically as the 'man' way. The symbolism may seem old-fashioned today, but the two contrasting approaches to communication of new experiences remain evident, however one wishes to symbolize them.
This second stage of the sixteenth sequence, as is nearly always the case, presents a contrast with the first stage. What we see pictured is the transformation of emotions into mind, of instincts into thoughts - a process of MENTAL METAMORPHOSIS."

:wink::happy: ptv

piercethevale

Also in error, as I noted in post #42 above and explained in post #49 below, it is only Venus that will be in the following placement. The Sun and Moon in the 27th degree. I apologize for any confusion on my part concerning this error.

The Sabian Symbol for the Sun, Moon, and Venus this upcoming New Moon in the 29th degree of Capricorn?

Glad you asked...

"CAPRICORN 29°: A WOMAN READING TEA LEAVES.
KEYNOTE: The ability to see the Signature of hidden meaning in every occurrence drawing one's attention.

Man has always sought to interpret the meaning of events or situations which baffle him in terms of specific omens or 'Signatures'. The reading of tea leaves is only a commonplace modern version of a certain type of procedure used by priests of all ancient religions. The practice is based on a realization of 'the relation of everything to everything else' — a definition of astrology given by Marc Jones. Dream interpretation in depth psychology belongs to the same category, as it is based upon the establishment of a close connection between the unconscious and the conscious. But in dream analysis the individual unconscious, at least at first, is mainly referred to, while in omens (or modern fortune-telling at its best) one relies upon the power of occult forces or entities to convey the information that will clarify confusing situations.

This fourth stage symbol can be referred to a specific "technique" of understanding or evaluation. What is implied is the ability not only to perceive the facts of everyday existence, but to see through these facts and discover how they are related to the realm of basic meanings or archetypal processes. This is essentially what is meant by true CLAIRVOYANCE, the capacity to see in everything the Signature of deeper realities."

...wow... what perfect sychronicity. As to the aforementioned undoing of certain "hexes" I owe it to my clairvoyant friend, and spiritual confidante, Clarisse Conner, for alerting me to the nature of the problem in the first place... and what Rudhyar wrote in the text for the Symbol above; r.e. "The practice is based on a realization of 'the relation of everything to everything else...", while it is in ref. to why clairvoyance works, it is also descriptive of what I just wrote concerning as to how I came to realize that there is an equal counter action for any action there might be in the Cosmos.

...funny how that works...getting synchronistic double entendres like that just when they are so needed and perfect.

Last edited:

piercethevale

What I forgot to mention in regards to the Full Moon chart, back some posts ago, is that the Vertex of that chart is in the 21st degree of Virgo at 20* Virgo 50' 09" and that the , newly revealed Part of Durga (see thread on the subject here in the Astrological Parts sub-forum), that which dispels the darkness from our lives, for the natal chart of the USA is also in the 21st degree at 20* Virgo 35' 31"

katydid

I think I saw a vivid example of the Sun/Venus/Pluto conjunction @ 11:11 am Pacific time.

There was a 45 minute live meeting in the White House, with BI-PARTISAN representation, discussing Immigration Reform, in which BOTH SIDES agreed to try and work together for the good of the country, and to try and overcome the past vitriol.

JUPITERASC

To further expand and expound upon what I emphasized in post #44 above.
r.e. "The practice is based on
a realization of
'the relation of everything to everything else'
..."

please check this video out....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXmz605GAnc

"Wiggliness":biggrin:
slide_10.jpg

piercethevale

I have made a grave error concerning what I wrote about the next New Moon.
I have to place some of the blame on astrodienst, though, as for the poor graphics that their charts display. The sixes on their charts often look like eights, and there-in lies the problem. Only Venus will be in the 29th degree while the Sun and Moon will be in the 27th degree.
So, as to what I wrote about all those other Parts sharing the Asc. and Part of Fortune is in error.
I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

...but...as to what the Sabian Symbol for the Sun and Moon will be at New Moon...that is the 27th degree of Capricorn and as defined by Rudhyar is...
(ibid.)

"CAPRICORN 27°: PILGRIMS CLIMBING THE STEEP STEPS LEADING TO A MOUNTAIN SHRINE.
KEYNOTE:
The ascent of the individualized consciousness to the highest realizations reached by the spiritual leaders of its culture.

We hear a great deal now about 'peak experiences', but this symbol tells us that they depend to a very great extent upon following a path that many have trod before, under the inspiration of the great Teachers and Sages of our race. The shrine is built by the unceasing dedication of perhaps generations of men. The pilgrimage is hallowed by the devotion of many, even though each person finds on their own mountaintop what to them seems a unique and transcendent revelation.

In this second stage symbol we witness the rise of the human consciousness; the preceding symbol spoke of what one may picture as the "descent" of the energies of nature which, like water, flow down toward a lower level of intensity. It is man's supreme task to rise like fire, impelled by a vision they share with their companions. The Keyword: UPREACHING.
"

...it still works for me...:wink:

piercethevale

I did some looking back this evening as to the last conj. of Neptune and Pluto and found it to be in August and November of 1891 and the third and final pass on April 30, 1892 which is the one that interested me the most as they were at 07* Gemini 41' 44" .The time in Philadelphia at the exact moment, for anyone that wishes to check it out and make a chart, was at 11:22:04 A.M., and that was a difficult time to ascertain as they were both conj at 07* 41' 43" but as Neptune was catching up with Pluto it was Pluto that moved ahead into the next secondth of a degree first, therefore I took it to the next secondth as Neptune exited that one first and thus while in that secondth of a degree the true and exact conj. occurred.

Why the final conjunction is of such interest to me is that the USA's natal Part of Destiny (M.C. + Sun - Moon) is located at 07* Gemini 53' 09" (and the Part of Astrology, Asc. + Mercury - Uranus, at 07* Gem. 07' 03") At that same moment the Moon @ 02* Cancer 24' 39" was conj USA's natal Venus @ 02* Cancer 13' 43". ... and was also to the USA's natal Jupiter @ 05* Cancer 46' 18".

Lilith was slightly ahead but within a one deg. orb of conjunction to the USA's natal Desc. while Ceres, slightly behind but almost within a half degree orb of conj. to the Asc.

Saturn was within a one and a half deg. orb of conj. to the USA's natal Neptune and Mars within a 41' of a degree orb of conj. to the USA's natal Pluto

But, it's that conjunction the two made while conj. the Part of Destiny that has me so intrigued. ...

I had forgotten to note that the Sun - Venus conjunction today was also conj. the USA's natal Part of Father aka Part of Advancement which is located at 19* Capricorn 20' 57" but as that is a Part that I've yet to confirm it being what it is alleged to be about to my satisfaction and as I haven't even worked with it as of yet to a suitable number of times as to begin to deliberate about it, it may have been more of an intentional omission than not. ...and least of all don't forget that it is where Uranus and Neptune did conjunct for the first of three back in 1993.

But, I have previously researched the last Uranus Pluto conjunction and that occurred back in 1965 in October with retrograde and a final conj. in 1966 in April and June. But the Oct. 9, 1965 conjunction is the one that I'm fixed on presently as it occurred in the 18th degree of Virgo and the 18th of Virgo just so happens to be the location of the USA's natal Part of Spirit/Soul.

Saturn was conj. the Part of Treasure (Asc. + Venus - Mercury) at the same time , the 30th degree of Pisces which is also the location of the USA's natal Part of Obstruction (Asc. + Neptune - Saturn) and Part of Commerce/Passion (Asc + Mars - Sun) Of those three Parts only the Part of Obstruction has yet to meet with my approval as being that as it is labeled.

As to the 8th degree of Gemini, where Neptune and Pluto made their final conjunction in 1892 and which is the location of the USA's natal Part of Destiny is symbolically by Sabian analysis, get a load of the symbol and how Dane interpreted it.
(ibid.)

"GEMINI 8°: AROUSED STRIKERS SURROUND A FACTORY.
KEYNOTE:
The disruptive power of the ambitious mind upon the organic wholeness of human relationship.

We are dealing in this sequence of symbols with man's discovery of the new powers residing in his special contribution to the total organism of this planet Earth — his consciousness and aggressive mind. The first stage (Phase 66) dealt with oil, the typical form of energy which the modern mind has made available. (These symbols were revealed before atomic energy was even thought of as a practical possibility.) Now we see in this new symbol a pictorial indication of what the use of this intellect-generated energy inevitably leads to: industrial unrest and violence. As man manages to rape the earth in order to demonstrate his power and intensify his pleasures and his sense of proud mastery, conflicts and disruptive processes are inevitably initiated.

The arousal is presented to us here in its collective social form because we have reached the emotional-cultural level. The type of power generated by the analytical intellectual faculties is essentially disruptive; it is based on the destruction of matter, and invites egocentric hoarding and spoliation — and, in general, privileges of one kind or another. This leads to a REVOLT AGAINST PRIVILEGES.

If I remember my American history lessons clearly enough, the 1890's were a time of great upheaval in the industries of the United States.
Coal miners strikes, Upton Sinclair muckraking, and the Labor movement got a strong foothold all about that time.

While the trans-Saturnian planets are generational for the greater part of things these major conjunctions between them the last 125 years seem to have been "tailor made" for the USA ...for better or worse...
but that is ultimately left to us as to decide, is it not?

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Thanks for the interesting thread, piercethevale.

You know, I've had similar thoughts about transits and their release on the moon phases, and there is something else that i noticed too. If there is a significant conjunction in the sky, its effects will be released when the sun or moon crosses over said point, sometimes mercury as well. Same thing with significant retrograde processes. Its still a latent theory i have running in my mind but it has to do with the complex and fluid nature of the bodies in their orbits and the luminaries casting light on certain energies.

piercethevale

I should have noted that Neptune and Pluto both were conj. with the USA's natal Uranus in June of 1892. Neptune around the 1st and Pluto about the 22nd of June.

and...btw way Uranus made a natal return in May of 1944 at about the same time Pluto was conj. the natal N. Node.
Neptune made it's first natal return in late October of 1938

piercethevale

Thanks for the interesting thread, piercethevale.

You know, I've had similar thoughts about transits and their release on the moon phases, and there is something else that i noticed too. If there is a significant conjunction in the sky, its effects will be released when the sun or moon crosses over said point, sometimes mercury as well. Same thing with significant retrograde processes. Its still a latent theory i have running in my mind but it has to do with the complex and fluid nature of the bodies in their orbits and the luminaries casting light on certain energies.

Good looking out, P.V. let us know what develops from any more research on that. You may have something there as it sounds plausible. :smile:

piercethevale

Here's the chart for tonights' New Moon, which ooccurs about 30 mins. from now.
I'm trying a new (to me) image hosting service here. The first of a few different such websites that was recommended to me. I'll see how it works out before I make a long term commitment.

USA_New_Moon_1-16-2018.png

Last edited:

piercethevale

...and here's the chart for the upcoming Full Moon that will occur on Jan. 31, 2018...

USA_Full_Moon_1-31-2018.png

I'm using postimages.org for the image hosting for these last two posts.
It is an easy app. to use and offers numerous sizes of photos and images of a fairly wide range.

I'll check out the other recommended image host web pages but I am very satisfied with postimages.org right now.
This could be the start of a wonderful acquaintance :joyful:

Last edited:

piercethevale

I think it to be of some interest to this thread... and as I initiated the thread I guess I'm qualified to to determine what is and what ain't...

As we have gotten into the subject of the trans-Saturnian planets when the make notable conjunctions or other aspects between themselves and how they have or will effect the U.S.A.

Here's a tidbit. It concerns Uranus in the 19th century and here's a chart for the first conjunction between Uranus and Pluto that occurred during the history of the United States. In fact the only other time it has was on Oct. 9, 1965 and it was in the 18th degree of Virgo at the time which was also conj. the natal position of the USA's Part of Soul/Spirit at 17° Virgo 18' 24".
The chart is cast for the midpoint in time between when Uranus entered the exact same degree, minute and second of degree as Pluto. The first entry was at 7:51:50 p.m. Philadelphia time and remained in those exact coordinates for a total of 12 minutes and 40 seconds. Thus the chart I cast is for 6 minutes and 20 seconds later at 7:58:10 p.m. One has to find a point where the faster moving planet entered the exact same coordinates after the slower moving planet and exits before the same. Then the only logical thing to do is rely on the midpoint for surest accuracy.

Uranus conjunct Pluto October June 25, 1850 Philadelphia, Penn.
USA_Uranus_conj._Pluto_6-25-1850_mid_point_39_30.png

Please note that the horizon is conj. the meridian of the natal chart. The M.C. of the natal chart is at 11* Cap. 44' 18'.

Also please note that the North Node at the time was at 15* Leo 11' 19" and that the position of the USA"s natal Part of Army/Police
(also known as the Part of Surgery in natal charts, but this is a mundane chart, Asc. + Saturn - Mars) which is located at 15* Leo 23' 23" and Vesta is also conj. the same.

Saturn at 19* Aries 48' 24" is very near to conjunct with the Asc. of the natal chart of the U.S.A. at 21* Aries 29' 33" as it is within a two degree orb of influence.

The Part of Fortune of the event chart is interestingly opposite the position of Pluto on the natal chart of the USA which is at 27* Cap 33' 56".

Uranus and Pluto were conjunct in the 30th degree of Aries which has the Sabian Symbol of (ibid.)

"ARIES 30°: A DUCK POND AND ITS BROOD.
KEYNOTE
: The realization of natural boundaries.

After the preceding symbol this may seem anticlimactic. What is shown here is that every form of activity has its limits, and that even the consciousness that has been able to get a glimpse of universal order has to bring down to its own 'karmic' field of operation the message of harmony it has heard inwardly. Peace and inner contentment with one's essential destiny (dharma) is required to meet the everyday world. The mystic may experience flights of imagination and transcendent vision, but he must return to the concrete earth and to his task in his social environment. Extensive as the latter may seem it is still very small compared to the galactic field; it is indeed a duck pond compared to the ocean. But it is there that the substance for concrete action has to be found, and every effective activity has to be focused; thus the boundaries imposed by the very nature of this activity have to be consciously accepted.

This is the last stage in the last five-fold sequence related to the second scene, characterized by 'Potency'. It leads to the third scene, whose Keyword is 'Substantiation'. Potency has to become substantiated - it has to mate with substance - in order to be effective power. Power must accept the principle of FOCALIZATION. "

Uranus, "The Great Awakener" meets Pluto "Death and, or, Transformation" and the nation was being awakened to what would soon become a radical transformation of those "boundaries" imposed upon its society.

It might also be worthy of notice that Lilith is in the anaretic degree of the sign of its exaltation, the 30th of Capricorn.

..and I should also point out that the natal M.C. of the USA's natal chart along with the Asc. of the event chart are both conj. the USA's natal Part of Brethren at 12* Cap 28' 47" ... both by an orb of less than one full degree of separation .

The USA progressed natal chart for June 25, 1850
USA_natal_prog._6-25-1850.png

Please note that Uranus ans Pluto are in a near perfect sesquare aspect to one another and includes Vesta in the mix.
Note that Saturn is within a one degree orb of conj. to the position of the USA's natal Asc. ...thus being in the Same aspect in both the event and progressed natal chart.

It was the year of the Great Compromise of 1850 the most pressing political issue in the United States that year was about slavery and trying to avert a civil war.

Next up: The first natal return of Uranus to the natal chart of the USA June 16, 1860

piercethevale

Uranus returned to it's natal position on June 16, 1860 just a little less than ten months prior to the start of the Civil War in the United States.

That position is by the natal chart at 08* Gemini 53' 06" and Uranus remained in those exact coordinates a total of exactly 7 minutes that day. entering at 5:18:09 a.m. and last remaining there at 5:25:08. a.m. Thus the chart I cast is for the midway point in time at 5:21:39 a.m.

Please note that the natal position of Uranus was also conj. just within a one degree orb to the USA's natal Part of Destiny at 07* 53' 09", making the cut by 3 seconds of a degree. Thus it was in such aspect again at the time in 1860.

Uranus returns to its same natal position in the USA natal chart June 16, 1860
USA_Uranus_1st_natal_return_mid_point_of_coord._6-16-1860.png

Please note that the Asc. of the event chart at 05* Cancer 57' 36" is conj. the position of Jupiter in the USA's natal chart at 05* Cancer 46' 18"...it is also quite close to a conj. with the position of Venus in the USA's natal chart at 02* Cancer 13' 43" and nearing the same as to the natal Sun at 12* Cancer 38' 28". You can add Mercury in transit to those same aspects as it was conjunct the event charts Asc. by less than a one degree orb.

The I.C. of the event chart at 14* Virgo 03' 48" is conj the USA's natal Part of War (Asc. + Mars - Pluto) at 14* Virgo 48' 51"

Mars in transit at 00* Aquarius 16' 32" is conj., by less than a one deg. orb of influence, with the USA's natal Part of Death & Disaster and the natal Part of Danger/Violence which are both at 01* 13' 05"

The Sun at 25* Gemini 24' 28" is conj. the USA"s natal Part of Suicide at 25* Gemini 36' ... it certainly seemed headed that way at the time and, for what it's worth in consideration, did end up killing a great amount of itself in the war that was about to ensue.

Jupiter at 27* Cancer 12' 21" was in opposition to the USA's natal position of Pluto at 27* Capricorn 33' 56"

Saturn at 21* Leo 52' 28" was conj. by less than a one deg. orb of influence, with the USA's natal Hermetic Lot of Necessity which is at 22* Leo 39' 39"... and there certainly was an urgent "necessity" to be dealt with concurrently.

Neptune in transit at the time was at 29* Pisces 20' 11" was conj. the USA"s natal Part of Obstructionism at 29* Pisces 06' 56", the natal Part of Treasure at 29* Pisces 12' 40, and the natal Part of Commerce/Passion (one of a few titled "Commerce") at 29* Pisces 44' 19"

Please note that while Pluto at 09* Taurus 01' 32" wasn't in conjunction with any of the USA's natal Parts at the time of the event that it would be conjunct with a number of Parts soon thereafter. Those Astrological Parts soon to be effected included the natal Part of Hope & Integrity at 10* Taurus 13' 51", the natal Part of Galvanization aka Race aka Racial Consciousness (Asc. + Moon - Pluto) at 10* Taurus 45' 44" and by the Civil Wars' end Pluto was conj. the Part of Retribution at 13* Taurus 14' 47"

For more information on those Astrological Parts I neglected to give the formulae for see my thread on the natal chart of the USA's Astrological Parts in which I listed all that utilize the Asc. as the personal point and a good number more of those otherwise that are the most significant at this link: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54760

Next to follow; The USA's natal chart progressed to June 16, 1860

Last edited:

piercethevale

Here is the USA's natal chart progressed to the time of it's first Uranus return on June 16, 1860

USA_natal_prog._6-16-1860.png

Note that Saturn is conj. the USA's natal Desc and that Jupiter, Pluto and Saturn are all apart of a Grand Cross involving the Asc./Desc. (the Horizon) of the USA's natal chart. Recall in the event chart above for Uranus' return that Jupiter's natal position is also conj. the Asc. in that chart as well. In this one Pluto is conj. the Desc. and directly opposite Jupiter.
Jupiter conjunct the Asc., the "WHO", of the USA's progressed natal at the time and Pluto conjunct the Desc., the "WHERE-TO" or "WHOM-TO" as I sometimes prefer to call it, of the progressed chart. and both square Saturn and the natal charts' horizon...!

What a cluster of trouble that was brewing...!

I'd spend more time with analysis here but it's now well past dawn here and I need to sleep.

You all can take over from here...

To be continued...someday...with observations about Uranus, Neptune and Pluto transits into the 20th century and how they effected the USA.
I'll try to get to that when I'm able... but note that the Astrological conditions all through the Civil War were quite numerous and most pointedly significant.
A lot could be written about it... it would encompass a very large book.

piercethevale

I did forget to point out the transiting Moon and Ceres quintile to Venus and the S. Node in the Uranus return event chart above. When ever an influence makes a quintile to one Node it is in tredecile (108*) aspect to the other Node. Tredeciles are a most underrated aspect imho.

piercethevale

My main reason for getting into these previous events is to demonstrate the validity of the chart I contend is the true natal chart of the USA, i.e. the "Zero Hour" chart, 12:00:01 a.m. July 4,. 1776, Philadelphia, Penn., and to demonstrate the fact that the trans-Saturnian planets do have an effect Astrologically. Just because one cannot see them with the naked eye doesn't mean they don't have influence and effect. To say otherwise is just as absurd as saying microscopic bacteria and other organisms have no influence or effect on the human physiology.

Let's go back to post #56 and look at the chart axis for the Uranus conjunct Pluto event as it effected Philadelphia at the time.

I pointed out that the Asc. for the chart is the same Sign and degree of the Zodiac that the natal M.C. is in, i.e. the 12th degree of Capricorn, and that the Desc. of the event chart then is naturally the same as the natal I.C. of the USA.

Thus the I.C. of the natal , the "HOW" of a mundane chart (the "WHY" of a chart interpreted for questions concerning spiritual evolution) in the 12th degree of Cancer has become the "WHO" of the event. The M.C. of the natal chart, which provides symbolically the answer "WHY" as to scenario the other three points of the chart axis symbolically illustrate, has become the "WHOM-TO", or the "WHERE-TO", in this event chart. Which is given by Dane Rudhyar in his marvelous book as: (ibid.)

"CANCER 12°: A CHINESE WOMAN NURSING A BABY WHOSE AURA REVEALS HIM TO BE THE REINCARNATION OF A GREAT TEACHER.
KEYNOTE:
The revelation of latent worth in an experience once it is seen in its deeper meaning.

In contrast to the 'clown' symbol, which shows us man’s capacity to criticize and laugh at his superficial mannerisms and automatic habits or gestures, we now have a symbol which demands that we look beyond common appearances and try to discover the 'occult' (i.e. hidden) character of every person and every experience. This symbol has been unduly glamorized: there is no particular reference here to an avatar or messiah, except in the sense that every man is potentially the avatar or manifestation of a Soul that has a definite and relatively unique function in the vast field of activity we call the Earth. To discover this occult potential of being, one requires a deeper or higher 'vision', a holistic perception — which is usually, but not always justifiably, called clairvoyance. The caricaturist also has to develop a special kind of 'seeing' to enable him to extract the salient features of an outer personality or of a face. He picks
out the most characteristic parts of a whole; the true clairvoyant perceives the essential meaning (or 'message' and function) of the whole.

The contrast between the first and second symbols of this twenty-first five-fold sequence is indeed very significant. There may be no particular meaning in the fact that the nursing woman in this symbol is Chinese. Perhaps the psychic who visualized the scene may have mistaken a Tibetan for a Chinese woman, and unconsciously thought of the rather familiar process through which a new Dalai Lama, or other great Lamas, are searched for among newborn babies. The Keyword is
REVELATION."

The Desc. in the 12th of Capricorn answers as to "WHERE-TO", or "WHOM-TO" and that was, symbolically, according to Dane... (ibid.)

"CAPRICORN 12°: AN ILLUSTRATED LECTURE ON NATURAL SCIENCE REVEALS LITTLE-KNOWN ASPECTS OF LIFE.
KEYNOTE:
The ability to explore unfamiliar realms and discover the laws underlying the complex processes of nature.

The aristocratic garden of the preceding phase has become the laboratory and lecture hall of a modern college. The emphasis here is on the acquisition of extensive knowledge, the satisfaction of intellectual curiosity. Nevertheless, there is also an aristocracy of science: this is the modern type. Its use of acquired knowledge can pose as many problems as the use of hereditary aristocratic wealth. But it is man's essential function to become fully conscious of all life forms and processes on this earth. Mankind is the conscious mind of the planet.

At this second stage the intellectual search for empirical knowledge contrasts with the display attendant to the wealth and culture of an elite. Civilization is founded on an ever-extended capitalization on knowledge and use of technology. It features
EXPLOITATION preeminently at all levels."

I don't think there's any argument about the fact that the United States at the time was definitely "Exploiting" anything and everything it had within its borders.

I interpret this to have meant that the USA had the opportunity to be "a great teacher" and if one wonders if the bit about being a re-incarnation of one troubles anyone for a lack of reference, if I may point out that the chart I produced and contend is the true birth chart of the Prince of Peace, (Yeshu'a/Jesus of Nazareth) has as its 12th House cusp ...which yields symbolically what ones answer is to the most daunting question the world faces at the time of ones birth ... the 4th degree of Virgo, which has the Sabian Symbol of (ibid)

"BLACK AND WHITE CHILDREN PLAY TOGETHER HAPPILY.
KEYNOTE:
The overcoming of socio-cultural prejudices.

Freedom from all the forms, biases and idiosyncrasies of the particular culture and class in which one has been born and educated is a sine qua non of the consciousness truly 'on the Path'. The ideal of universal brotherhood underlies all great spiritual teachings, for they all are like branches of the One Tree, Man, in his divine state. This does not mean there are no racial differences, but rather that these differences have a functional value in terms of the whole organism of Man — and of the planet Earth.
At this fourth stage the basic technique which applies to all truly spiritual progress is clearly stated. Every human being should be seen, approached and warmly met as a 'child of God', or in less religious terms as an exemplar of Man. Such a status gives to every social and interpersonal group the character of a
BROTHERHOOD."

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Thus as we are now enlightened as to "WHO" the USA was in regard to this epic meeting up of Uranus and Pluto at that time and as to "WHOM" it had to become, i.e. the reincarnation of a great teacher, or at least the embodiment of His teachings, the answer as to "HOW" it had to be achieved was through the I.C. of the event chart and in the manner symbolically given by the Sabian found for the 6th degree of Taurus (ibid.)

"TAURUS 6°: CANTILEVER BRIDGE ACROSS A DEEP GORGE.
KEYNOTE:
The conquest of separativeness through group-cooperation.

The person who has suffered deprivation and loneliness can give new substance to his or her emotional life by participating in a collective project. All great evolutionary challenges imply the overcoming of basic difficulties. A step ahead must be taken, yet an abyss confronts evolving man. It is no longer a personal Void - an 'open grave' - but a chasm that is an integral part of the 'land' upon which man's evolution must proceed. A link must be built through the power of the collective mind of the group or of the community at large, on the basis of the legacy of the past, to make a bridge over the canyon.

This is the first stage of the eighth five-fold process of 'Substantiation'. The man-made bridge built with collective skill gives substance to and demonstrates man's capacity to
CONQUER OBSTACLES and to achieve evolutionary continuity as well as expansion in space."

WOW, how appropriate is that symbolically? As to what Dane wrote, specifically, " The conquest of separativeness through group-cooperation." , couldn't be more appropriate to any situation than it was to that of the United States at the time on the issue of slavery. It was the year of the 'Great Compromise of 1850'.

The 6th degree of Scorpio answers as to "WHY" regarding the cosmos efforts at trying to compel the nation to change in the manner it would have it and that is given by Mr. Rudhyar as... (ibid.)

"SCORPIO 6°: THE GOLD RUSH TEARS MEN AWAY FROM THEIR NATIVE SOIL.
KEYNOTE: The passionate search for new values which, at any level, promise a more abundant life.

The greatness of man is that he can always be greater; likewise, at a national level, man's 'greed' can more easily be aroused by whatever promises more wealth, more power, and ever-greater achievements at all levels, spiritual as well as material. Beyond this arousal of greed is the deep-seated desire to play a more important or spectacular role in one's society or community. Greed is the perverse intensification of the social sense, just as lust is the perverse intensification of the longing for love. Always at this Scorpio level the yearning is for an ever more intense and all-absorbing union with a person or a community — a yearning which motivates a search for more effectual means to achieve as total a feeling experience as is possible.

This is the first stage of the forty-fourth sequence of symbolic phases in the cycle of existence. It dramatizes the capacity in man to tear himself away from the known and the familiar, gambling everything on a vision or dream. A Keyword could be
AVIDITY"

Yes, "greed" had to finally give way to spiritual evolution regarding American society... but how timely a symbol for another reason. The year was 1850 and just the year before Gold was discovered in California and the "GOLD RUSH WAS ON" in the nation and the sudden quite noticable quantity of gold circulating was soon to wreck havoc on the American economy as at the time the American Dollar was based on the standard of silver and not gold.
Uranus, "the Great Awakener", the planet of "Sudden Change", and quite often a rudely sudden change meets up with Pluto, "the planet (dang skippy it is) of Death and Transformation" and it was one heck of a 'wake-up call' the United States got at the time and quite a transformation it was aabout to be put through.

There were a couple of secondary meetings between the two that followed this event of June 1850 but next time the two would meet when Uranus once again would catch up with and conjunct Pluto happened in October of 1965 in the 18th degree of Virgo which just so happens to be the location of the Part of Soul/Spirit of the USA's natal chart

Last edited: