The "Gif" thread

Blaze

Account Closed
tumblr_nuumj7nCj31upwit4o1_400.gif

david starling

Urania sounds like an STD. Can it become something else? Like, The cool-blue-planet? Or maybe Azureus which is Latin for sky-blue, light etc. Sounds good for a sky-goddess.

Well, in Greek it's Ourania, if that helps. Thing is, she actually WAS the goddess of Astrology itself (Astronomy included), and goddess of the Heavens. Good pedigree--daughter of Zeus, and one of the Nine Muses of Apollo. I'm not making up a goddess, I'm saying how can we NOT honor the Goddess of Astrology by placing her name on the first of the Modern Astrological-planets? The Astronomers came pretty close with Ouranos, but missed by gender, and by refusing to break with the old line of Greco-Roman gods when it came to signalling the beginning of a new era in both Astronomy and Astrology. The Azure Planet is at the boundary of the Old and the NEW, and Urania, holding the Celestial Sphere, if perfect for the job of connecting with BOTH. Now, let's talk about this STD--you're among friends--so what is it that's turning blue, and how is this STD that sounds like "Urania" transmitted? :lol:
Btw, we're only got two major Astrological indicators that are considered female. One is "the Moon", which SHOULD be named "LUNA", for the Roman goddess of the Moon. But that word became associated with "lunacy, and "lunatic", in an attack on goddess-worshippers and women who were herbalists and healers. The other female is Venus, from which the word "venereal", as in "venereal disease" was derived--male chauvinism at work!

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
Well, in Greek it's Ourania, if that helps. Thing is, she actually WAS the goddess of Astrology itself (Astronomy included), and goddess of the Heavens. Good pedigree--daughter of Zeus, and one of the Nine Muses of Apollo. I'm not making up a goddess, I'm saying how can we NOT honor the Goddess of Astrology by placing her name on the first of the Modern Astrological-planets? The Astronomers came pretty close with Ouranos, but missed by gender, and by refusing to break with the old line of Greco-Roman gods when it came to signalling the beginning of a new era in both Astronomy and Astrology. The Azure Planet is at the boundary of the Old and the NEW, and Urania, holding the Celestial Sphere, if perfect for the job of connecting with BOTH. Now, let's talk about this STD--you're among friends--so what is it that's turning blue, and how is this STD that sounds like "Urania" transmitted? :lol:
Btw, we're only got two major Astrological indicators that are considered female. One is "the Moon", which SHOULD be named "LUNA", for the Roman goddess of the Moon. But that word became associated with "lunacy, and "lunatic", in an attack on goddess-worshippers and women who were herbalists and healers. The other female is Venus, from which the word "venereal", as in "venereal disease" was derived--male chauvinism at work!

Ourania does sound a bit better, but it also sounds like that one women who is good at giving oral. Why does everything involved with the anus planet sound so sexual. Could it be my mind that is in the gutter... :bandit:

And David, you won't believe it. My mom, Aphrodite, sent me this heavenly looking women as a gift for behaving well. She said, "Oh Son of Venus, you hath behaved very well and a soulmate I shall give" and sent her to me. Only problem was, Zeus had her first and gave her Urania. Now I've got it and no soulmate. :crying::crying::crying::crying:

david starling

Blaze, since the male,"anus" version, as it's often pronounced (incorrectly, but too much fun not to) was the Astronomers' choice for the name of the Azure-planet, I guess that would make them ASStronomers! And since that version connects by word-association to "hemorrhoid", it would be better suited as the name of an asteroid. If we switch the names, Uranus becomes the asteroid, and Urania becomes the Planet, both names involving the word "Heavens", so not that different. If "Urania" puts you in mind of a venereal AFFLICTION ("venereal" derived from "Venus"), you may be on to something Astrological: Perhaps there is some innate conflict between the head-oriented, goddess Urania:uranus: and the genital-oriented, goddess Venus:venus:. Too much cerebral, Uranian influence in a Chart could be seen as interfering with the erotic, Venusian effect, making "mindless sex" difficult! :lol: Also explains why head-oriented "Urania" sounds to you like someone "giving good head".:whistling:

Last edited: