Astral dreaming is not leprosy.

jangle

It is also called lucid dreaming. Hopefully others will chime in as you have requested!

My .02: When I have these kind of dreams, they do stick out as different from regular dreams. The detail of the dreams stand out. And I remember them quite well the next morning.

Normally I do not remember my dreams, but psychic dreams seem to stick with me, and in fact I can remember them years later in great detail. So I would say that the dreams are vivid and memorable. Sometimes the dream is predictive, showing me something that is going to happen. Other times it is a message, something I need to pay attention to in my waking state.

When I am meditating regularly they are more apt to happen, or if I meditate prior to sleep. I also think the period between wake and sleep in the morning is quite a psychic time, so I would suggest that you pay attention to anything coming to you at that time.

Julia

I have Uranus, Neptune and Mars conjunct the north node. Uranus gives astral flying prophetic dreams and premonitions. Neptune also brings visionary dreams.

My astral experiences are definitely dreams that stick with me. Whenever I am flying in a dream, I'm usually astral projecting. For me, astral projections feel like they are being generated out of nothingness, like they are semi transparent and a floating in space - almost like a digital or CGI landscape (if that makes any sense). One of my favorites was when I was flying over the the pacific ocean with my mother, and I started to cry because everything was so beautiful.

I listen to guided meditations before sleep and find that sometimes this triggers the intense dreaming, if not the same night I listen to it but if I have been meditating for a few nights in a row.

I have many dream premonitions but I wish I knew how to detect when a dream is a premonition, because not all of my dreams come true IRL, only some.

PS, I'm Julia, too! :alien:

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

I have Uranus, Neptune and Mars conjunct the north node. Uranus gives astral flying prophetic dreams and premonitions. Neptune also brings visionary dreams.

My astral experiences are definitely dreams that stick with me. Whenever I am flying in a dream, I'm usually astral projecting. For me, astral projections feel like they are being generated out of nothingness, like they are semi transparent and a floating in space - almost like a digital or CGI landscape (if that makes any sense). One of my favorites was when I was flying over the the pacific ocean with my mother, and I started to cry because everything was so beautiful.

I listen to guided meditations before sleep and find that sometimes this triggers the intense dreaming, if not the same night I listen to it but if I have been meditating for a few nights in a row.

I have many dream premonitions but I wish I knew how to detect when a dream is a premonition, because not all of my dreams come true IRL, only some.

PS, I'm Julia, too! :alien:

Hi Julia! :)

May I ask where your Mercury is located and if it is aspected to the outer planets?
On another thread some of us have been gathering data about natal chart placements and psychic ability. We have been a bit surprised to see Mercury such a big player.

Yes I know exactly what you are describing with your astral flying dreams. Some years back I underwent an entire day of past life and life between lives regression therapy. I was in a very deep trance and started seeing myself flying exactly as you describe. It was so beautiful, peaceful and astounding that I did not want to stop. The therapist had a bit of trouble getting me back to alpha waves (mild trance.) :)

I know, sometimes it is frustrating not knowing if a dream is prophetic or not.
When I have one of the very vivid, odd and memorable dreams, the next day I keep looking for any thing IRL that coincides with the dream. When it does, it kind of freaks me out. :)

Julia

May I ask where your Mercury is located and if it is aspected to the outer planets?
On another thread some of us have been gathering data about natal chart placements and psychic ability. We have been a bit surprised to see Mercury such a big player.

Yes I know exactly what you are describing with your astral flying dreams. Some years back I underwent an entire day of past life and life between lives regression therapy. I was in a very deep trance and started seeing myself flying exactly as you describe. It was so beautiful, peaceful and astounding that I did not want to stop. The therapist had a bit of trouble getting me back to alpha waves (mild trance.) :)

When I have one of the very vivid, odd and memorable dreams, the next day I keep looking for any thing IRL that coincides with the dream. When it does, it kind of freaks me out. :)

Julia

Hey Julia, what is the thread called where you are gathering data about psychic abilities? My friends chart has Mercury as a major player in her chart, and I believe she is psychic. But it is translated as a mental illness because it has overwhelmed her. But I think it's the psychic abilities that has done this. I'd love to post her chart on the relevant thread.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hey Julia, what is the thread called where you are gathering data about psychic abilities? My friends chart has Mercury as a major player in her chart, and I believe she is psychic. But it is translated as a mental illness because it has overwhelmed her. But I think it's the psychic abilities that has done this. I'd love to post her chart on the relevant thread.

Hi Bluebell!

It is in the Modern Astrology section and the thread is called Clairvoyance in a chart started by AppLeo. I would love to see your friend's chart if she is OK with posting it.

I myself have a very strong Mercury, and never really considered it a major player contributing to my psychic abilities. I have a Virgo Asc so Mercury rules my watery chart. I have a Pisces stellium, Sun, Moon, Mercury, NN in the 6h, the house of Virgo and Mercury. This stellium is part of a Grand Water Trine. So the Mercury and Pisces theme is a strong one in my chart.

Interesting, many years ago, the first time I visited an astrologer for a reading, the astrologer said that if it weren't for my Virgo ASC I would be in a mental hospital! So her view is that a strong Mercury can save a Pisces Stellium from insanity!

I am quite interested in the interplay between psychic abilities and mental illness. We know that some types of mental illness produce symptoms that may look psychic, auditory or visual hallucinations, delusions, etc. And then some psychic abilities may look like a mental illness, visions, etc.

But I do believe that the typical psychic is not mentally ill at all, in fact in most ways is quite "normal." There may be an underlying fear of being seen as crazy, but that is not the case. Most psychics I know are not mentally ill, according to psychiatric diagnostic criteria.

However I think that some people do find their psychic abilities overwhelming, may have some mental health issues in addition, and it is all too much for them. And then there are some people who are truly mentally ill. So it sometimes takes a bit of time to sort it all out.

Julia

jangle

Julia
I'll check out the Clairvoyance in a chart thread!

My mercury is my most aspected planet so that makes sense. As someone with only one water sign in my whole chart (Pluto in Scorpio, in the 8th house, nonetheless) I was always surprised that I felt so psychic.

I have Mercury conjunct: Mars, Uranus, Neptune, and my north node
and Mercury trine Jupiter, Mercury semi sextile Saturn and Pluto and semi square my ascendant.

It has to be those outer planetary conjunctions!

Julia Karmic Astrology

I'll check out the Clairvoyance in a chart thread!

My mercury is my most aspected planet so that makes sense. As someone with only one water sign in my whole chart (Pluto in Scorpio, in the 8th house, nonetheless) I was always surprised that I felt so psychic.

I have Mercury conjunct: Mars, Uranus, Neptune, and my north node
and Mercury trine Jupiter, Mercury semi sextile Saturn and Pluto and semi square my ascendant.

It has to be those outer planetary conjunctions!

Psychic abilities would be indicated by Mercury aspected to the outer planets and NN.
Also, 8h Pluto and/or Scorpio are also of interest as markers. And yes the water planets are important. But Mercury is looking like a big player.

Neptunian Rainbow

Me and my mom have both had many out of body experiences.

Once when I was a child I left my body while I was ill with fever. I saw my body lying in the bed. It was daytime and I went around the house to see what everybody was doing. When I woke up all of my family members and our guests confirmed that they had been doing what I had seen.

Usually it starts with a sleeping paralysis. I can't move and I can't speak and it is a horrible feeling. When I am in that state I am able to leave my body. It can be difficult to leave the body and it can be difficult to pass through walls. The mind is used to focus on the body and make it move. You cannot use the same technique while you are out of body. It's as if you need to think your way forward towards your goal.

On some occasions I have been pulled outside my body. It is scary, I feel like I don't have control and I don't know who is pulling me. I can resist it, I have a free will, but the pull is strong.

One time I dreamt that a woman pulled energy from my spine. She said: "so much bitterness in here". Then she gave me energy and my body began vibrating. It made me leave my body.

When I am pulled/thrown outside there is usually a lesson involved. In this case I was shown that I live within a box, like a room. I was wandering aimlessly around the room. It seemed so pointless and I did not know what to do with myself. I felt an intense feeling of despair and I tried to cry but it didn't help. I did not understand what I was supposed to do with myself. Then they told me that I need help and that they will help me. They told me that I need to pass through the walls and fly out and be free. I did not know how to do it but then I found a window and went out. I tried to feel free and happy but it didn't work. Then I was shown that I was still within the room. I could see myself rolling around on the floor with my eyes closed, fantasising about being free. They told me that I am not free and that is why I feel despair.

I understood that the lesson meant that I need to free my mind and let go of my negative beliefs. The walls where a symbol for my own inner limitations. I am able to use my neptunian skills to create fantasies and feel very happy, but the illusion always cracks.

Another thing they showed me was a person that was very insecure. Then the person turned into different fairy tale characters. The person did not know what to do with the different characters and sort of jumped around a bit. Finally the person turned into Spider-Man. He was filled with a sense of purpose and he went outside to help the world. It's as if I need to try different roles. I need to pass through different phases before I can be free and go out into the world and help others.

It feels as if I do different levels of astral traveling. The lowest one is the first one I mentioned. In those cases my vision is a bit blurry and sounds seem far away, but at the same time it feels very real, as if I am awake. In that state I choose what I want to do and I can see humans and ghosts. Perhaps I am I in 4D?

Then there is a level when I feel partly in control but it's more of a dreamy feeling. Sometimes I see a white light by my side and sometimes I fly far away.

The highest one would be the last dream I mentioned. It's as if someone is creating an alternative reality for me. Like in the movie The Matrix where they have a program where Neo practices martial arts and jumping. It feels like dreaming. I only know that I have left my body because I have went through the process of leaving the body.

Me and my mom have some other capabilities as well. I'll tell you about some of our aspects and placements. I will try to find out the time of birth of my moms aunt as well. She was VERY psychic but she died when she was a child.

I am more into sidereal astrology but since you use tropical I'll give you the tropical placements

I have:

Moon opposite Uranus 0 degrees
Third house Pisces
Neptune conjunct ascendant
Venus and mars square Neptune
Neptune sextile Pluto
Mars sextile Uranus
Uranus two degrees before the twelfth house
Mercury sextile venus
Mercury biquintile Neptune
Venus in Pisces

Some of my moms aspects are:

Sun in Pisces conjunct mid heaven
Uranus in the twelfth house
Mercury trine Uranus 0 degrees
Mercury trine Neptune
Mercury opposite Pluto
Uranus trine Neptune
Moon square Uranus
Moon trine Neptune
Moon opposite Pluto
Neptune sextile Pluto
Mars sextile Uranus

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

Me and my mom have both had many out of body experiences.

Once when I was a child I left my body while I was ill with fever. I saw my body lying in the bed. It was daytime and I went around the house to see what everybody was doing. When I woke up all of my family members and our guests confirmed that they had been doing what I had seen.

Usually it starts with a sleeping paralysis. I can't move and I can't speak and it is a horrible feeling. When I am in that state I am able to leave my body. It can be difficult to leave the body and it can be difficult to pass through walls. The mind is used to focus on the body and make it move. You cannot use the same technique while you are out of body. It's as if you need to think your way forward towards your goal.

On some occasions I have been pulled outside my body. It is scary, I feel like I don't have control and I don't know who is pulling me. I can resist it, I have a free will, but the pull is strong.

One time I dreamt that a woman pulled energy from my spine. She said: "so much bitterness in here". Then she gave me energy and my body began vibrating. It made me leave my body.

When I am pulled/thrown outside there is usually a lesson involved. In this case I was shown that I live within a box, like a room. I was wandering aimlessly around the room. It seemed so pointless and I did not know what to do with myself. I felt an intense feeling of despair and I tried to cry but it didn't help. I did not understand what I was supposed to do with myself. Then they told me that I need help and that they will help me. They told me that I need to pass through the walls and fly out and be free. I did not know how to do it but then I found a window and went out. I tried to feel free and happy but it didn't work. Then I was shown that I was still within the room. I could see myself rolling around on the floor with my eyes closed, fantasising about being free. They told me that I am not free and that is why I feel despair.

I understood that the lesson meant that I need to free my mind and let go of my negative beliefs. The walls where a symbol for my own inner limitations. I am able to use my neptunian skills to create fantasies and feel very happy, but the illusion always cracks.

Another thing they showed me was a person that was very insecure. Then the person turned into different fairy tale characters. The person did not know what to do with the different characters and sort of jumped around a bit. Finally the person turned into Spider-Man. He was filled with a sense of purpose and he went outside to help the world. It's as if I need to try different roles. I need to pass through different phases before I can be free and go out into the world and help others.

It feels as if I do different levels of astral traveling. The lowest one is the first one I mentioned. In those cases my vision is a bit blurry and sounds seem far away, but at the same time it feels very real, as if I am awake. In that state I choose what I want to do and I can see humans and ghosts. Perhaps I am I in 4D?

Then there is a level when I feel partly in control but it's more of a dreamy feeling. Sometimes I see a white light by my side and sometimes I fly far away.

The highest one would be the last dream I mentioned. It's as if someone is creating an alternative reality for me. Like in the movie The Matrix where they have a program where Neo practices martial arts and jumping. It feels like dreaming. I only know that I have left my body because I have went through the process of leaving the body.

Me and my mom have some other capabilities as well. I'll tell you about some of our aspects and placements. I will try to find out the time of birth of my moms aunt as well. She was VERY psychic but she died when she was a child.

I am more into sidereal astrology but since you use tropical I'll give you the tropical placements

I have:

Moon opposite Uranus 0 degrees
Third house Pisces
Neptune conjunct ascendant
Venus and mars square Neptune
Neptune sextile Pluto
Mars sextile Uranus
Uranus two degrees before the twelfth house
Mercury sextile venus
Mercury biquintile Neptune
Venus in Pisces

Some of my moms aspects are:

Sun in Pisces conjunct mid heaven
Uranus in the twelfth house
Mercury trine Uranus 0 degrees
Mercury trine Neptune
Mercury opposite Pluto
Uranus trine Neptune
Moon square Uranus
Moon trine Neptune
Moon opposite Pluto
Neptune sextile Pluto
Mars sextile Uranus

Thank you for posting NR.
You both have psychic markers.
What is your sun and moon sign?

Julia

jangle

I really connect with your description. My astral dreams are a lot like The Matrix, or the scene in Interstellar where he is traveling through different dimensions. Seeing "4D" is totally something I relate to.

I also relate to the room/box thing. My low level astral dreams always take place in a house. I am always inside some type of structure. The rooms have significance, where I am in the house, what floor, if there are windows, etc. It's like my awareness of the space around me is sensed by echolocation... like I am seeing in all directions but not using my eyes.

When my dream takes place in an attic, I am almost in my astral "zone". I usually try to get out of the attic and up into the sky. I had a dream where I tried to get out of the attic but the only window was way too small and my body wouldn't fit. The space outside the window/house was completely white, blank space. It seemed very tranquil but I couldn't access it.

Sometimes I'm outside of the house, and the house is under construction. This is a lower level astral dream because I'm on the ground. When I see a cross section of a house, like a doll house, and I see myself inside the house, this is more astral since I'm out of body.

My full on astral dreams always include flying and intense emotion that I feel strongly even after waking up. Often family members are in these dreams.

The thing you mentioned about an energy or light is also present in my higher level astral dreams, the one that feel like they are in outer space like The Matrix. There is a light that floats, sometimes it is inside of me or sometimes it is inside someone who I am perceiving. In these dreams I don't see people in their bodies, but a loose form that has a central light source where their heart/chest would be.

It's interesting to think of all the symbols and where they came from, or where they are sourced. The celestial/formless beings I see in the dreams are similar to a book I had as a kid, where the sky was personified into the shape of a human with no features. I think we assign symbols that we have come across in waking life to perceive the metaphysical.

I often wonder if psychics and mediums see symbols they are familiar with, or if the symbols came 'out of nowhere'

- Julia

Julia Karmic Astrology

I often wonder if psychics and mediums see symbols they are familiar with, or if the symbols came 'out of nowhere'

- Julia

Hi Julia!

Psychic communication is highly symbolic, and I think the symbols we receive are a combination of familiar symbols and new ones. That is where practice and training are helpful.

I think too we receive information more easily if it coincides with our interests, experience, education, etc. I once was doing some psychic work involving engineering issues, a topic about which I know little. So it was harder for me to describe what I was seeing and I had to resort to drawing pictures of what came to me psychically. The pictures made sense to those with engineering training, but not so much to me.

Julia

jangle

Hi Julia!

Psychic communication is highly symbolic, and I think the symbols we receive are a combination of familiar symbols and new ones. That is where practice and training are helpful.

I think too we receive information more easily if it coincides with our interests, experience, education, etc. I once was doing some psychic work involving engineering issues, a topic about which I know little. So it was harder for me to describe what I was seeing and I had to resort to drawing pictures of what came to me psychically. The pictures made sense to those with engineering training, but not so much to me.

Julia

Very fascinating. Thank you. Do you have any book recommendations on the topic of self-training?

Julia Karmic Astrology

Very fascinating. Thank you. Do you have any book recommendations on the topic of self-training?

I have attended classes and worked one on one with teachers as part of my training. And I have read so many books on the subject. I think that what resonates with me might not resonate with others. So I always suggest people look on line and on Amazon, start reviewing material and see what sparks your interest, and connects with you.

I tend to like authors with a down to earth style, no hocus pocus, drama, mysterious or scary material. (Virgo Asc and Pisces Stellium in 6h).

But friends of mine enjoy the more colorful, new age approach, which is fine. To each their own. There are many paths to heaven.

Julia

why do people not discuss this more...i know theres people on this forum...i had a psychic dream, the one mentioned previously. i dont believe it was specifically an astral dream now, as i was aware of.my surroundings, i was moving, whilst still sleeping, but i was just not far up from a tunnel...which i specifically remember coming back down from. even though in another sense i could tell they were kinda around my bed...but in a different realm. i had a great time. i havent mentioned it in rl, my gran, one of the figures there, told me not to. i havent which is a huge thing for me as everyone knows whats going on in my life and how im feeling, unless its something deep or an insecurity i have. but i feel more in touch with that world than i do this. i reject this world. but i know the dream only happened cos i was on the right path, returning to work. so i cannot allow myself to reject this world, even though it is too cruel for me. Iwanna go visiting people in the astral realm! this world is too full of people who would do me harm, and i think i could hanlde black magicians. im strong spiritually, but it doesnt transfer as being strong in the same way it takes to strive in a dog eat dog world.

Phoenix Venus

why do people not discuss this more...i know theres people on this forum...i had a psychic dream, the one mentioned previously. i dont believe it was specifically an astral dream now, as i was aware of.my surroundings, i was moving, whilst still sleeping, but i was just not far up from a tunnel...which i specifically remember coming back down from. even though in another sense i could tell they were kinda around my bed...but in a different realm. i had a great time. i havent mentioned it in rl, my gran, one of the figures there, told me not to. i havent which is a huge thing for me as everyone knows whats going on in my life and how im feeling, unless its something deep or an insecurity i have. but i feel more in touch with that world than i do this. i reject this world. but i know the dream only happened cos i was on the right path, returning to work. so i cannot allow myself to reject this world, even though it is too cruel for me. Iwanna go visiting people in the astral realm! this world is too full of people who would do me harm, and i think i could hanlde black magicians. im strong spiritually, but it doesnt transfer as being strong in the same way it takes to strive in a dog eat dog world.

I'll talk about it with you. Fascinating subject.

I used to be into lucid dreaming. I kept a dream journal for a few years.

One interesting thing i noticed from keeping a dream journal: In the dead of the night, deep within the midst of the dream world, is when i had the most spiritual, lovely, peaceful dreams.

There are a lot of strange caveats that pop up when you delve into this; at least there were for me. The sleep paralysis and "false awakenings" being among them.. dreams stacked on dreams, dreams within dreams. Bizarre, Inception type sh!t. (this was before the movie came out but it persists to this day)

I dont even know if words can explain half of it.

But it was definitely worth it, imo. For various reasons.

What would you like to accomplish from delving into your dreamworld? What do you mean when you say you wanna visit people?

Last edited:
I'll talk about it with you. Fascinating subject.

I used to be into lucid dreaming. I kept a dream journal for a few years.

One interesting thing i noticed from keeping a dream journal: In the dead of the night, deep within the midst of the dream world, is when i had the most spiritual, lovely, peaceful dreams.

There are a lot of strange caveats that pop up when you delve into this; at least there were for me. The sleep paralysis and "false awakenings" being among them.. dreams stacked on dreams, dreams within dreams. Bizarre, Inception type sh!t. (this was before the movie came out but it persists to this day)

I dont even know if words can explain half of it.

But it was definitely worth it, imo. For various reasons.

What would you like to accomplish from delving into your dreamworld? What do you mean when you say you wanna visit people?

i have to admit, so far i have lacked the focus to keep a dream journal, which i thought i would have considering my experience a few months ago. but the abstract way od learning about things resonates with me better, and i saw my gran during the dream and she strictly told me not to speak to people about it, or become intensley focused on returning. i call it a psychic dream but it definetely was not a dream. i can remember they tried to pull me up a couple of times, before i took a deep breath and felt myself enter something different.

the problem i have is not being able to let my thoughts go, but the same thing also served me well when i tried to open my eyes and saw myself lying on my bed, at the same time as moving downwards, and when i felt myself breathing but coouldnt open my eyes, i didnt panic at all and was able to breathe normally until i could open my eyes. the thing i most appreciated is when i asked to stay for a bit longer and surprisingly they let me. i say they because the figures were only half recognizable, but it was my gran who was speaking to me.

i dont believe i have any strong ability, just the awareness and complete belief. i feel emotions and thoughts from my loved ones. and it wouldnt surprise me if i could channel it into some healing work in the future, once im more healed myself.

what fascinates me is the knowledge there is something major right there. ive always worked more on healing my thoughts on the inside rather than working on my social skills or wanting to join the rat race. and that experience just gave me a respite and i know it exists so much that i know im doing the right thing by leaning more towards my inner self.

its personal for people, but im fascinated about whats up there. ive read people are different people, that some have had contact with black magicians...where do these black magicians come from?? are they human, have they ever been?? is there a link between autism, mental illness, religion...all religions must be inadvertently following the same god.

and other things like how do you contact your guardian angel or guide? its funny cos i was into american indian, spiritual art before i was even a teenager, so there will be a connection. i asked for my shamanic spirit guide to appear a few years ago and it was a very peaceful scene with a doe deer eating grass in a forest. thats my inner me, beneath all the aries.

oh anyway i ramble...i should start a dream journal like you have, and focus on whats important. ive been in a haze all through my saturn return. but i guess i dont have any expectation from it except the experience, curiousity, and respite. black magicians dont frighten me (i felt scared typing that),i once thought i could take on fate, i grew up and soon realized i had to pick my battles, but that same energy will protect me. whenever i have felt uncomfortable thought i imagine whatever is there i dont like to 'go to the bridge' and i imagine a white light, as well as all my loved ones, and it works everytime. but im sure il access my aries energy for a fight with a gd ol black magician.

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Well as far as the dream journal goes, i did find it be quite an enlightening experience, and also did connect me to the divine more thoroughly.

The more you consciously focus on your dreams and the symbolism, the more you will remember and be aware during your dream state. I started remembering way more dreams and could spot the ones that had deeper implications. I started being more aware of the oddness of dreams, and spot when i was in a dream. It did become quite magical and lead to some wonderous things of a spiritual nature, unlocked some gifts and talents.

Once you get to the point where you can realize when you are dreaming, theres a lot of fun stuff you can do with people in your dreams, asking them certain questions and whatnot.

I would like to have lucid dreams more. I think they can bridge the gap towards the astral realm and higher influences. My lucid dreams come and go quite randomly now and even seem imfluenced by higher forces. It really does start to blur the lunes of thought and where our thoughts and reactions are coming from, being influenced from. Theres also something that happens with the nature of conquering your own inner darkness. Ive taken more of a "let it be" approach in regards to my dreams and trust i will get the necessary symbolism/warnings when i need them.

Curiosity is good.. But i wouldnt go seeking out those dark energies.. If your grandma warned you about certain things there might be a reason. Aries bravery is awesome but it can lead to danger if you arent smart about it. You can do it with intent.

Om Tat Sat Om