Shamanic spirit animal

I don't know much about this subject, but I read about finding your animal spirit guide in a book a few years ago, and it surprised me so much with the animal I received, and its subsequent message, that I believe it definitively works. Basically, you relax yourself and your mind, and ask your animal spirit guide to appear to you somehow in the next few days - it could be a sign on a shop that suddenly stands out, it could appear in your dreams. I asked it to appear in my dreams just before I went to bed for the night. Ask it to appear in your dreams too...

From what I understand, shamanic animal spirit guides come in to your life for different reasons, which can be to either guide or warn you of a situation, to test you and teach you a lesson about yourself, or to remind you of who you are inside and so appears as a reflection of yourself...The animal you get may be your guide for a few days, weeks, or months, or it could be an animal that stays by your side intrinsically.

I won't say what I got, incase it spoils or influences your own perception. But the animal that I got was not what I would have ever thought of receiving, and it appeared so vividly, that I knew it was different from a dream. It stayed with me for a while. I think it took me a year to fully understand what it was trying to tell me, and so I thought it would be great to share, and see if it could have the same impact on somebody else...

*experiences may be shared in the comments so don't read if you don't want it to have an influence on your own journey*

Last edited:

haidee

Hm, I recall only dreaming about one certain animal, maybe that's my spirit animal? :eek: In one dream I kept transforming myself into this animal and being my normal self, like I could shape-shift. Cool stuff.
I've been working on lucid-dreaming, so I'll try this as well. Thanks for sharing~

Hm, I recall only dreaming about one certain animal, maybe that's my spirit animal? :eek: In one dream I kept transforming myself into this animal and being my normal self, like I could shape-shift. Cool stuff.
I've been working on lucid-dreaming, so I'll try this as well. Thanks for sharing~

Yeah definetely, it sounds pretty vivid so sounds like an animal guide! Lucid dreaming is awesome...I can only do it sometimes though. If it works, let me know! It probably won't spoil it for others if we share our stories in the comments.

david starling

I had a cool dream in which I changed into a wolf, and just ran and ran through the forest for the sheer joy of it.:biggrin:

Last edited:

AppLeo

I have no idea what my spirit animal is. I think it's a cat. When I was like 9 I would always talk about cats and how amazing they are. People in school would always be like, "Yeah, he's the kid that likes cats." Like ok :unsure:

And I'm Leo Sun

I have a cat of my own.

Cats are everywhere for me.

I had a cool dream in which I changed into a wolf, and just ran and ran through the forest for the sheer joy of it.:biggrin:

That sounds like an awesome dream!! Being chased in dreams I think is meant to be a sign of being scared of the future or not being in control of your life. The fact YOU were the wolf, sounds like you felt like in control of your own destiny!!

Last edited:
I have no idea what my spirit animal is. I think it's a cat. When I was like 9 I would always talk about cats and how amazing they are. People in school would always be like, "Yeah, he's the kid that likes cats." Like ok :unsure:

And I'm Leo Sun

I have a cat of my own.

Cats are everywhere for me.

I love cats too!! I never thought things would turn out this way, but like the Simpsons character, I'm the lady that lives on her own with 3 cats 😜 But I wear that badge with pride!!

I'll share what happened when I asked my animal guide to show itself in my dreams. It wasn't like a usual dream, because the image came to me quickly and stayed there as if I was observing it, rather than being involved in the dream. It was in a forest and i was watching a deer eating grass silently and quietly, peacefully. It was the type of deer without any antlers, a doe I think they're called. I was very surprised as I was sure my animal guide would be something 'stronger,' but after months of thinking about it, I realized it was there to remind me to be 'calm,' to put down the Aries armour, and the strong bravado you need to survive in life, and remember that I am also fragile and gentle. I was very surprised as seeing a deer wasn't in my psyche at all before I had that dream. And it was very vivid and peaceful to watch. It was there to remind me to nurture my inner child, I eventually concluded. To allow myself to be vulnerable :)

david starling

I'll share what happened when I asked my animal guide to show itself in my dreams. It wasn't like a usual dream, because the image came to me quickly and stayed there as if I was observing it, rather than being involved in the dream. It was in a forest and i was watching a deer eating grass silently and quietly, peacefully. It was the type of deer without any antlers, a doe I think they're called. I was very surprised as I was sure my animal guide would be something 'stronger,' but after months of thinking about it, I realized it was there to remind me to be 'calm,' to put down the Aries armour, and the strong bravado you need to survive in life, and remember that I am also fragile and gentle. I was very surprised as seeing a deer wasn't in my psyche at all before I had that dream. And it was very vivid and peaceful to watch. It was there to remind me to nurture my inner child, I eventually concluded. To allow myself to be vulnerable :)
A deer is a magical spirit-guide--very lucky!

theV

A deer is a magical spirit-guide--very lucky!

The Deer combines the energies of Venus and Virgo, in the natal chart Virgo, 6th, Mercury, Venus, Libra, Taurus, 7th & 2nd house may be accentuated. Deer spirits have a gentle quality that combines grace and determination. Leo may also play a significant role in chart if they are a mighty Monarch of the Glen.

Deer are very sensitive to their environment and highly intuitive this is reflected by aspects to Moon, Cancer and 4th house in their chart.
Asteroids that tend to be significant in deer natal charts are Pallas, Athene, Urania, Varuna, Diana and Artemis.

I think I might be a Deer. My sun is in Virgo, Venus is in Virgo, Mercury is Libra ruled. Leo is in the Asc. 2nd house Sun/Venus.

Last edited:
The Deer combines the energies of Venus and Virgo, in the natal chart Virgo, 6th, Mercury, Venus, Libra, Taurus, 7th & 2nd house may be accentuated. Deer spirits have a gentle quality that combines grace and determination. Leo may also play a significant role in chart if they are a mighty Monarch of the Glen.

Deer are very sensitive to their environment and highly intuitive this is reflected by aspects to Moon, Cancer and 4th house in their chart.
Asteroids that tend to be significant in deer natal charts are Pallas, Athene, Urania, Varuna, Diana and Artemis.

I think I might be a Deer. My sun is in Virgo, Venus is in Virgo, Mercury is Libra ruled. Leo is in the Asc. 2nd house Sun/Venus.

Thank you!! I wasn't aware of the connections to astrology. I have exalted Venus in the 6th house so that defo fits, and libra in the 2nd house too. Libra rising, with asteroid Zaniah (that has a Mercury influence). I'll read the link you left. It was about 4 years ago I had the dream, but I still use it to remind myself of my 'inner child.' And not lose sense of self too much in the rat race (that I use my Aries in 8th for).

Oh also I'm right on the cusp of Aries/Taurus, as I was born at 6pm on the 18th and the signs changed to Taurus at 12pm that night.

Mercury conjunct Jupiter on the north node. Eros/psyche square, which I think the spiritual love is connected to the deer.

Last edited:

david starling

Thank you!! I wasn't aware of the connections to astrology. I have exalted Venus in the 6th house so that defo fits, and libra in the 2nd house too. Libra rising, with asteroid Zaniah (that has a Mercury influence). I'll read the link you left. It was about 4 years ago I had the dream, but I still use it to remind myself of my 'inner child.' And not lose sense of self too much in the rat race (that I use my Aries in 8th for).

Oh also I'm right on the cusp of Aries/Taurus, as I was born at 6pm on the 18th and the signs changed to Taurus at 12pm that night.

Mercury conjunct Jupiter on the north node. Eros/psyche square, which I think the spiritual love is connected to the deer.

Regarding the deer, I was referring to Native-American lore. Astrologically, in my own case regarding the wolf (the animal I've always felt closest to), I have NN in Gemini and Uranian location there as well (in H4, the House of Shelter [IMO]). The wolf is associated with Gemini.

Last edited:
Regarding the deer, I was referring to Native-American lore. Astrologically, in my own case regarding the wolf (the animal I've always felt closest to), I have NN in Gemini and Uranian location there as well (in H4, the House of Shelter [IMO]). The wolf is associated with Gemini.

NN in Gemini - I totally picture your vibe now!! The wise wolf who stood high on the rock, howling to the North moon.

Last edited:

theV

It is interesting that the wolf is associated with Gemini. I always though the wolf is Aquarius because wolf lives in pack-11th house- In addition to that; Wolves are connected to the winter. The winter is the season Aquarius are born in.

"the wolf combines the energies of the moon, Cancer and the 4th house with those of Uranus, Aquarius and the 11th house. Wolf spirits are wild and untamable yet they live in structured family groups where loyalty and the good of the pack comes first."

Gemini in my opinion are foxes. Foxes also known as the trickster in Eastern Asian cultures (Kistune/Gumiho) is a trait that applies on Gemini. Kistune in Japenese folklore are shape shifters just like Geminis who are able to mimic others.

Bears to me are Virgo/Cancer because of their protective nature/ and connection to nature.

Last edited:
That does make perfect sense. Perhaps there was a cross-over from Native American culture and astrology, like foxes weren't included in that culture so Gemini would be assigned to wolf. There probably is some cultural differences or clashes for interpreting different animals/signs. What you said fits perfectly though in a more modern interpretation.

It's funny because I thought of posting a link to The Thought Fox by Ted Hughes but decided against it as it wasn't a wolf. The fox in the poem is a metaphor about writing a poem. Gemini is associated with writing and communication so it makes a really nice fit.

http://www.poetryarchive.org/poem/thought-fox

Last edited:

theV

Saggitarius the opposite of Gemini are Rabbits for their quickness and freedom loving nature. Saggitarius would be also associated with Horses and Owls.

I've always had a special connection with rabbits, kept them most of my life. My last one called Apple lived til she was 9, and acted more like a cat than a rabbit. I've also always had this small rabbit ornament with a peculiar story surrounding its memory of how I got it and i have this spiritual attachment to it.

6th house Venus square Sagittarius in Uranus, moon in sag. Also born the year of the rabbit :)

Last edited:

david starling

I've always had a special connection with rabbits, kept them most of my life. My last one called Apple lived til she was 9, and acted more like a cat than a rabbit. I've also always had this small rabbit ornament with a peculiar story surrounding its memory of how I got it and i have this spiritual attachment to it.

6th house Venus square Sagittarius in Uranus, moon in sag. Also born the year of the rabbit :)

So AppLeo is really a rabbit?!:lol: