2009-2013 was a better era than post-2014

pabloes

Banned
Howdy, folks! Is it me or pop culture was more tasteful in the late 2000s and the early 2010s like 2009-2013? It's like those days were more optimistic and bright.

Were there any important transits during that era? It all ended in the second half of 2014 with people becoming more cynical, pop ulture becoming darker, the whole SJW vs alt right thing and the boom of terrorism after 2014.

CapAquaPis

I don't know about pop culture but my era ended before year 2000. Still waiting for new era to come in my life. ;)

In tough times, American society has an optimistic view of the future and we believe things will improve for our lives to get better. The period from 2008-13 was the Great Recession and many Americans were in dire straits with their incomes, stocks and jobs. The way we feel right now shows pessimism, but cheer up, this is the new year (11:23pm Pacific time, 37 mins til 2019 arrives).

pabloes

Banned
Looking at 2009-2013 now after 2020, they certainly give off a nicer vibe, despite the economic crisis (there's one right now as well, I've been out of a job since June and no one calls when I send CVs!)