Censorship of videos on social media

ElenaJ

Why are so many videos being censored by social that give a point of view that is different from the official one?

IleneK

Premium Member
Re: Who will win election tomorrow

Why are so many videos being censored by social that give a point of view that is different from the official one?

One reason that some videos are being censored is because the mainstream majority point of view of this country perceives that some videos do not support the greater good. They are being censored because, for example, what some people say on video might induce or encourage others to breach the US Capitol chambers or ransack people's offices there.

Those videos that incite riotous behavior are criminal according to federal statute. Meaning one does not have the freedom to shout "Fire" in a theater if there is not a fire. If one does shout fire when there is no fire, they are censored; arrested.

That is one explanation about why videos are being censored by social. Another reason that some videos are censored by social is that social has liability considerations for fostering criminal, inciting, language, giving it a platform. This is being complicit in the activity. And this reason is also really a greater good argument as well.

I hope this provides more clarity as to why social is censoring some video.

Respectfully,

ElenaJ

" Another reason that some videos are censored by social is that social has liability considerations for fostering criminal, inciting, language, giving it a platform."

Sorry, they have no liability at all. The are exempt by law, as a provider of service, not editorial.

So we can watch Antifa destroy a city but not a video of someone criticising their actions.
We can watch antifa assault the capitol masquerading as trump supporters, but it would be dangerous for us to view a video of someone pointing this out or questioning it.
Logical.

david starling

" Another reason that some videos are censored by social is that social has liability considerations for fostering criminal, inciting, language, giving it a platform."

Sorry, they have no liability at all. The are exempt by law, as a provider of service, not editorial.

So we can watch Antifa destroy a city but not a video of someone criticising their actions.
We can watch antifa assault the capitol masquerading as trump supporters, but it would be dangerous for us to view a video of someone pointing this out or questioning it.
Logical.

Those two strange guys aren't Antfa. One is QAnon and the other is a neonazi--both Trump supporters. There is no credible evidence of Antifa at the Trump-instigated riot at the Congressional hearings. Fact-check it and you'll see.

Not that Antifa wouldn't have loved to be there!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Those two strange guys aren't Antfa. One is QAnon and the other is a neonazi--both Trump supporters. There is no credible evidence of Antifa at the Trump-instigated riot at the Congressional hearings. Fact-check it and you'll see.
Trump Supporters Set Up

In Order To Remove Trump Before Jan 20th :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtlKl_-bk1E

leomoon

And better still, the FBI will be charging them soon. Huge investigation, "dotting the i's crossing the t's". I think the one sitting in Pelosi's office (or is it the younger one?) was mentioned as coming from Michigan and the riots there.

The Chief of Police in DC is being told by Nancy Pelosi to resign!
Where was the intel for this riot that could have prevented this tragedy to begin with? A Federal Intelligence disaster under trump.
But what else could have been expected? Someone to not listen to him when all he has now is toadies?

This gang of yahoos from Michigan, must have been arrested in DC for the curfew violation charges.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...BB1cyBYa?item=spalink:rolling&ocid=uxbndlbing
At least six Michigan residents were among the President Donald Trump supporters arrested during demonstrations that led to riots and the unprecedented storming of the U.S. Capitol Wednesday. With Video of cleanup:
https://www.mlive.com/public-intere...ots-storming-of-capitol-in-washington-dc.html

blackbery

It's called:

'Narrative Industrial Complex'.

Like the Military Industrial Complex.

Only THEIR 'narrative' can be allowed. Only THEIR opinions matter.

ONLY the 'establishment' view can be accepted. ANY criticism of anything they deem credible is called a Conspiracy Theory.

Like with Covid 19. Many good doctors & scientists & everyday people banned from posting alternate treatments, even healthy, natural ones.

Fauci probably killed about 100,000 in the U.S. by banning HCQ when it has been PROVEN to help....but wasn't allowed. Same with steroids, etc.

We have to put our masks on, shut up & listen to the 'experts'....& only leave the house when we've had our vaccinations.

Only 'THEY', the experts can explain the truth to us. They want ONE WORLD VIEWPOINT aka The Great Reset.

After JFK's assassination, the CIA started calling EVERYONE who had a different opinion other than the Warren Commission a 'conspiracy theorist'.

Its 888-page final report was presented to President Johnson on September 24, 1964, and made public three days later. It concluded that President Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald and that Oswald acted entirely alone. It also concluded that Jack Ruby acted alone when he killed Oswald two days later.

They have really gone overboard in the Trump era to play out their 'narrative' of President Trump as a nazi, racist, bigot, antisemite, etc etc.

I used to believe it until I watched the impeachment hearings from day one & saw what was happening & then would turn on MSM & get a totally different reality. I'm so glad I WOKE UP then & I realized that almost everything they had told me about Trump was a lie. Since then, I don't trust anything MSM say anymore. It's all biased to the Left, the 'establishment' in the USA. They drone on & on about how horrible & evil every Republican is while every Democrat is pure & white. In fact, the opposite is true & almost everything they accuse Trump of, they are guilty of themselves.

FOX USED to be free of bias & tell the truth. They had huge ratings because it was the only media outlet in the U.S. that didn't attack Trump & lie about him daily. But then even they changed, a couple of days before the election......
& guess what? Their ratings have dropped 40% as now they are just another Trump-Hating tv outlet.

Trump banned from Facebook indefinitely, CEO Mark Zuckerberg says
The move follows temporary bans of Trump’s accounts by both Twitter and Facebook

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
5h
Ayatollah Khamenei is still allowed on Twitter & Instagram but Donald Trump is not. Think about that.

They banned Trump after he told the MAGA Rally to 'go home, we have to have peace, we have to respect law & order'.

https://www.wfsb.com/news/president...deo_6ed3f516-14b5-55c1-81d0-a903fb6ef28a.html

Last edited:

Dirius

If social media can censor the US president, don't you think they have a bit too much power?

I'm glad to see so many "leftists" here on the side of billion-dollar corporations.

IleneK

Premium Member

Sorry, [social media] have no liability at all. The are exempt by law, as a provider of service, not editorial.

Logical.

I believe you may be in error.

Social media is not exempt from all criminal law. Its exemption is not universal; it is limited.

leomoon

I watched him give this speech. Yak, yak, yakkity yak! However, a few words are missing from the journalist, He DID say, "And I'll walk with you" That important part was left out, so perhaps it was done in shorthand or via the cell phone recorder.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-told-supporters-stormed-capitol-hill/story?id=75110558

AFTER he said this, they all took off. to "be strong for trump" and they were all ready to fight for him, he sheepishly told them the last lie for the night. He went back to the White House immediately.:ninja:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-claims-hell-lead-march-191404103.html

Protesters, meanwhile, stormed the U.S. Capitol Building, overwhelming federal police. From behind bulletproof glass, Trump called for the rest of his assembled supporters to walk toward the Capitol to join the protests, claiming he would lead them in the march, which is being characterized by CNN as a "coup attempt."

President Trump quietly slipped into his motorcade to be whisked back to the White House, despite having told his supporters that he was going to walk with them to the Capitol Building.

JUPITERASC

Lin Wood CENSORED! Banned from Twitter :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX4yH4BH1Bc

It's called:

'Narrative Industrial Complex'.

Like the Military Industrial Complex.

Only THEIR 'narrative' can be allowed. Only THEIR opinions matter.

ONLY the 'establishment' view can be accepted. ANY criticism of anything they deem credible is called a Conspiracy Theory.

Like with Covid 19. Many good doctors & scientists & everyday people banned from posting alternate treatments, even healthy, natural ones.

Fauci probably killed about 100,000 in the U.S. by banning HCQ when it has been PROVEN to help....but wasn't allowed. Same with steroids, etc.

We have to put our masks on, shut up & listen to the 'experts'....& only leave the house when we've had our vaccinations.

Only 'THEY', the experts can explain the truth to us. They want ONE WORLD VIEWPOINT aka The Great Reset.

After JFK's assassination, the CIA started calling EVERYONE who had a different opinion other than the Warren Commission a 'conspiracy theorist'.

Its 888-page final report was presented to President Johnson on September 24, 1964, and made public three days later. It concluded that President Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald and that Oswald acted entirely alone. It also concluded that Jack Ruby acted alone when he killed Oswald two days later.

They have really gone overboard in the Trump era to play out their 'narrative' of President Trump as a nazi, racist, bigot, antisemite, etc etc.

I used to believe it until I watched the impeachment hearings from day one & saw what was happening & then would turn on MSM & get a totally different reality. I'm so glad I WOKE UP then & I realized that almost everything they had told me about Trump was a lie. Since then, I don't trust anything MSM say anymore. It's all biased to the Left, the 'establishment' in the USA. They drone on & on about how horrible & evil every Republican is while every Democrat is pure & white. In fact, the opposite is true & almost everything they accuse Trump of, they are guilty of themselves.

FOX USED to be free of bias & tell the truth. They had huge ratings because it was the only media outlet in the U.S. that didn't attack Trump & lie about him daily. But then even they changed, a couple of days before the election......
& guess what? Their ratings have dropped 40% as now they are just another Trump-Hating tv outlet.

Trump banned from Facebook indefinitely, CEO Mark Zuckerberg says
The move follows temporary bans of Trump’s accounts by both Twitter and Facebook

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
5h
Ayatollah Khamenei is still allowed on Twitter & Instagram but Donald Trump is not. Think about that.

They banned Trump after he told the MAGA Rally to 'go home, we have to have peace, we have to respect law & order'.

https://www.wfsb.com/news/president...deo_6ed3f516-14b5-55c1-81d0-a903fb6ef28a.html

IleneK

Premium Member
If social media can censor the US president, don't you think they have a bit too much power?

I'm glad to see so many "leftists" here on the side of billion-dollar corporations.

I am not sure who you are identifying as a leftist. For myself, I am just trying to respond to the question posed and explain the answer as best I can.
But in any case, if the reason social media is censoring the President is to protect the country from harm, then I think it prudent that they do it.
I also agree that social media have way too much power. That doesn't mean that they cannot act to protect the country. These two things are not mutually exclusive.

Dirius

I am not sure who you are identifying as a leftist. For myself, I am just trying to respond to the question posed and explain the answer as best I can.
But in any case, if the reason social media is censoring the President is to protect the country from harm, then I think it prudent that they do it.
I also agree that social media have way too much power. That doesn't mean that they cannot act to protect the country. These two things are not mutually exclusive.

here *on the forum

blackbery

Of course. ANYONE who supports Trump or has a different opinion from the corrupt media & tin-pot dictator tech giants are banned or heavily censored.

I used to watch Steve Bannon on YT until it got banned, Same with Sebastian Gorka.

You have to listen to the great wisdom from such 'intellects' as Lemon, Tapper, Blitzer & Prancer for only they understand the truth.

SAD.

Lin Wood CENSORED! Banned from Twitter :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX4yH4BH1Bc

blackbery

Not ONCE did President Trump call for violence, there have been NUMEROUS MAGA rallies with NO violence, only violence is when the Antifa mobs show up.

Like they did in Washington. Ask Commie Mayor Bowset WHY she allowed 2 buses of Antifa thugs to be there.

President Trump's life is under the greatest threat right now, even worse than when he won in 2016. The Patriots told me they were taking him to TX???
I dk where he is, maybe in the secure bunker in the WH. He certainly wasn't going to be allowed to walk down the street with Antifa thugs & their pipe bombs & guns.

I watched him give this speech. Yak, yak, yakkity yak! However, a few words are missing from the journalist, He DID say, "And I'll walk with you" That important part was left out, so perhaps it was done in shorthand or via the cell phone recorder

AFTER he said this, they all took off. to "be strong for trump" and they were all ready to fight for him, he sheepishly told them the last lie for the night. He went back to the White House immediately.:ninja:

President Trump quietly slipped into his motorcade to be whisked back to the White House, despite having told his supporters that he was going to walk with them to the Capitol Building.

blackbery

Antifa WERE there, along with a Pelosi family member.

Pompeo is going to direct a FULL investigation.

We'll find the truth then.