Personal planets in synastry

Blue Lioness

I did a synastry with a friend of mine and it seems pretty interesting, as we have very similar aspects concerning our personal planets and Chiron (almost all of them are in Cancer or Leo):

My Sun (Leo) conjunct my friend's Moon, Mercury and Chiron (Leo)
My friend's Sun (Cancer) conjunct my Moon, Venus, Chiron and ASC (Cancer)
My friend's Venus (Cancer) conjunct my Moon and ASC (Cancer)
My Mars (Aries) square my friend's Sun (Cancer), and vice versa (Taurus/Leo)

It seems very positive to me and since the first day we met I feel we have some sort of connection. Could someone please tell me if these are goods aspects for friendship and possibly something more? I deeply appreciate! ;)

mutableflame

It would be far easier to read with an actual synastry chart. What I can say without it, Sun, Moon and Rising positions being within the same signs (though different combinations) can be a significant if not powerful relationship. Especially if the degrees align closely. The two people can relate to one another in multi-dimensional ways. For a more specific reading on the nature of your relationship though, a synastry chart is necessary.

mutableflame

It would be far easier to read with an actual synastry chart. What I can say without it, Sun, Moon and Rising positions being within the same signs (though different combinations) can be a significant if not powerful relationship. Especially if the degrees align closely. The two people can relate to one another in multi-dimensional ways. For a more specific reading on the nature of your relationship though, a synastry chart is necessary.

Blue Lioness

thank you for your reply.
here I attach the synastry chart ;)
the aspects that are closely connected are:
my friend's Sun conjunct my Moon and ASC
my friend's Moon conjunct my Mercury (I forgot to write this one before - is it good too?)

Attachments

• Synastry.jpg
    Synastry.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 20

mutableflame

Oh my! You both should have a very easy time relating to one another! Strong emotional bond and attachment leading to innate empathy. You both are fundamentally driven by your hearts. You'll likely help him analyze his feelings more logically. Perhaps the greatest difference would be how you two channel anger/aggression as well as how you two see the bigger picture of things. He will be more conventional, decisive, practical and grounded. You may be more indecisive, opportunistic and impulsive. Otherwise you both are an interesting mix of ego, sensitivity, caution, and passion. Loyalty is big to you both. It's hard to find a more compatible astrology chart whether for a profound friendship or a romance with great potential.

Zarathu

Account Closed
IMO, your question is a good one, but the concepts involved are a lot more complex than you might think. To discover true synastric relationships there are a number of things that have to be done, all of which require specialized information and which are a bit tedious.

We do this by looking at the three highest friction/highest power houses in the one person and the three highest friction/power planets in the other person.

Then we look to see whether there are serious cognitive structures in either chart which will interfere with the interaction patterns between them such as grand squares, grand trines, and T-Squares. Then we look at each chart to see whether there are significant, powerful and high friction oppositions in each chart because these are areas where the native will need to make major changes in their thinking to solve and which will impact any relationship. Then we need to look for planets in critical degrees, planets out of bounds, and the moon in a high latitude, since these things will also impact how the person relates to other people. Then we need to look at the way change tends to impact them and how they tend to deal with change.

Finally, if it is a new or an ongoing relationship, and there are issues, we need to look at the current challenges that the person might be experiencing. These current challenges will also impact new relationships, and change how we tend to interact with the world

Finally after we have done that mini analysis of each chart, we are prepared to look at the synastry of the most difficult planets in one chart being in the house of the other chart, and vice versa.

Real relationship analysis looks like this. Its time consuming and detail oriented. But if you don't cover these bases as a minimum, you won't really know what's going on with both people.

Blue Lioness

We do this by looking at the three highest friction/highest power houses in the one person and the three highest friction/power planets in the other person.

by looking at the synastry chart, you know which houses and planets are these?

Then we look to see whether there are serious cognitive structures in either chart which will interfere with the interaction patterns between them such as grand squares, grand trines, and T-Squares. Then we look at each chart to see whether there are significant, powerful and high friction oppositions in each chart because these are areas where the native will need to make major changes in their thinking to solve and which will impact any relationship. Then we need to look for planets in critical degrees, planets out of bounds, and the moon in a high latitude, since these things will also impact how the person relates to other people. Then we need to look at the way change tends to impact them and how they tend to deal with change.

How do I know if a planet is in a critical degree? And what does it mean?
I have an out of bounds Moon, 27º; my friend doesn't have out of bounds planets. But I don't understand how it can affect how I would relate to other people.

Zarathu

Account Closed
by looking at the synastry chart, you know which houses and planets are these?

No. You have to look at the individual charts of each person.

How do I know if a planet is in a critical degree? And what does it mean?
I have an out of bounds Moon, 27º; my friend doesn't have out of bounds planets. But I don't understand how it can affect how I would relate to other people.

Well, for critical degree there is a set of characteristics. I'd have to go back and look it up since my astrology programs calculate this for me now.

Anything that is in your chart affects how you would relate to others. For example, a high latitude Moon generally gives someone who expects to get their own way in all things, and just plain demands it. It also gives them what I would call the "Sorcerer's Apprentice Syndrome", where things that hey want tend start out ok and then they take on a mind of their own, and get out of control. They have a tendency to say, "I wanted this, but I didn't expect that to happen." They live in a world of the law of untended consequences.

You can see that if you are in a relationship and you simply expect your significant other to do whatever you want, that this could turn out to be a big problem now and then.

If the astrologer doesn't look at how the native approaches the world from a cognitive structural reference, then they won't really know how these things work. Of course, if the astrologer hadn't spent a life time as a professional counselor, recognizing how characteristics of looking at the world prevent people from making meaningful changes, then they might not see how important this can become very quickly.